Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Calling all Dragonknights

• Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    Noisivid wrote: »
    chrightt wrote: »
    Man posts like this just make me feel ashamed I play a DK at all. Why the *** does the DK community always have loud af big mouthed, big ego players that just complain all day despite definitely being above average and even top tiered in PvP. I guess as a DK you’re either really good or just suck and perform rock bottom and complain on forums instead of listing facts and evidence. No *** DoT is nerfed, but DK DoTs are nerfed WAY LESS. Sustain is an issue? You think it’s only you? Seriously, smh. DKs always running 2x resource/dmg sets and then complaining they don’t have enough mag sustain while forgetting to apply elemental drain first half the time. No wonder I’m so god damn OP as both magDK and stamDK and still have a train full of forum DK warriors complaining the *** out of this entire forum.

wdw1b7omadzm.gif

My Stam Warden and MagPlar can tank as well as my DK's (stam and mag). my StamWarden, MagPlar, StamBlade and MagSorc all can put out at least as much damage, (generally more) and all have much better sustain, and bring more in group utility. I don't have a necro worth talking about (lvl 10ish).

DK's can be made to work, crutching on certain sets and non-class abilities but I think the class should be complete in and of itself. The game has changed alot and the changes to DK's haven't really kept pace.

have an awsome anyway... :)

Atm, I think magplars just do more damage and survive better than pretty much all the other classes in an all round fashion. I would say my magDK is really good at short battles with burst DPS and sustain rolled up together. On the other hand, my stamDK pretty much doesn’t die and definitely survives better than my stam warden but relies on dizzy swing a lot. From what I can tell, stamDK, at least on heavy armor spec, can survive really well but lacks the kill potential without using dizzy swing. I tried out medium armor on PTS with the new stone fist but I feel like stonefist needs heavy armor or at least a sustain set to help drag the fight out. As for stamden next patch, with the new buff to bleed I’m guessing it’ll probably be one of the strongest if not the strongest. Still, personally I’m fine with magDK sustain on PTS now.

Charged inferno staff vs infused inferno. While infused gives slightly more single target DPS, charged trait actually allows you to sustain much better with the new combustion. Using burning embers on a target is pretty much 500 mag returned cause you apply burning status. AoE breath can apply multiple burns at a time so the more you hit the more chance you have to get magicka back. If magDK players actually try to run a survival setup like Amber plasm it actually helps a ton with regen even though yes you do lose some damage. But if people want to build double spell power for a quick fossilize burst or ulti burst, then I don’t think it’s fair to complain about dying before reaching enemy or no sustain.

Agree with some points, sustain and reacting is king, but the reason most go glass cannon is because if they don't they have no chance. HoTs cancel dots, so almost every decent player keeps vigor up as close to 100% of the time as they can. Watch any vid of decent players if you need confirmation. What does that leave? MDK burst? They're topped off health most the fight?

You should get this part, how do you land kills with a Sorc? Wait for frag proc Curse>meteor>frag>streak fury right? Maybe throw a pulse/elem weapon for good measure to try and get the frag proc again. What if you had to time Frag>meteor>pulse to land a kill? I think every Sorc would roll templar.

Then there's troll king. Stamdk has Maj fort/endurance thru GDB so they can use vitality pots instead of tri pots. Only advantage. TBH I'm tankier and do more damage on a Stam Sorc using troll king with heavy armor. Bound gives 20% Stam/health recov, tri pot Maj fort 20% (longer then vitality by far) with and heavy armor health recovery hits 5kish. And that's rocking 2 damage sets. You get the point. Boredom doesn't kill players, so if your option is turtle...
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm going to do exactly what @Minno did when templars were nerfed: play Oblivion until Dks are buffed again. In fact, i'm planning a build around a spell that cast frenzy (or control) on touch and invisibility on self. Touch and go xD

Trying to convince ZoS about the status of the class at this point in futile

Class unplayable? Don't play it. Simple as that really. I like how they promised ''identity'' for DK while completely gutting whats left of it, giving back stonefist spammable in return.

I would rather have Dk simply returned to how it was in update 22.

I think I'm gonna take a break from ESO, Too much people raising their voces for the sole sake of their own classes.

I don't want an OP DK, I just want it fun to play, just as it was during Orsinum-Thieves-DB.

Currently it is boring as hell. I expcted a change in the stonefist animation, but ZoS failed 8as they usually do)

I don't want an OP DK either.You don't need a broken OP class to have fun. I don't think magplars are fun for me atm, for example. I was just expecting something cool to mess around with.

I was expecting something that would give me hope, a proof that they do care. I was left with nothing but disappointment. I had the best intentions when this patch dropped on PTS and I was actually planning to show my appreciation cause I actually expected a good patch for Dk despite the dot nerfs.

Both stonefist and igneous weapon changes show me that they simply don't read anything, don't play stamDk at all and most importantly they don't care at all. Its all PR talk and all the promises they have given are there for the purpose of damage control.

Just watch and see 3 months later they will say they painted stonefist green and they will remind you to please test the changes before giving feedback :trollface:

That's for sure.

Sad thing is that during Elsweyr I tried a S/B sDK using Way of Fire just to remember old times. It was fun and somehow viable (piece armor helped a lot with the proc). Saddly, ZoS decided to nerf pucture.

I think it was the last time I played DK, then I moved to my mageblade, taking advantage of ranged DoTs and healing, and that was nerfed too.

So I'm going to try oblivion. At least there's no nerfs there.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YOU ARE MEANT TO LOSE DAMAGE, THAT IS THE AIM OF THE PATCH
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Here's how stupid that sounds.

ZOS-We updated these cool new DoTs to the game that won't break anything and even super burst classes can use them.

DKs-That's kind of our deal, but cool. Just as long as we can use them as well to truly melt people, muhaHahA.

ZOS-OOPS, we made a mistake. We are nerfing all the DoT abilities.

Every other class- yea that's cool. Was kind of OP anyhow.

DKs-WAIT A DAM MINUTE, WTF!
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    I've been trying out different builds for MDK since I've rejoined the game a couple months back and the most effective build was one where I used embers to charge whip running Axiom/Sun/BSpawn or Axiom/Rattlecage/BSpawn (better heals) sometimes switching to Skoria in groups. Only reason this was even viable was 1200 cost embers. This was changed, and the seething fury buff was nerfed and no spammable added to charge seething up. Made a suggestion on another post to fix this without drastically breaking the game.

Combustion can be used to fix this somewhat by removing the CD and increasing the proc chance instead of the damage. It's still rng resource return, and static %recovery bonuses would be better but more bland, but with the amount of AoE dots and the duration of the Dots in general having burning proc multiple times during its duration would make up for it without having to use enchantments/sets for the recovery. Opens options for damage/protection sets to be utilized.

No execute+no/weak spammable+crap resource management=dead class. No question.

Why don't you use a sustain set instead of 2 damage sets? I mean, that's what they are designed for, right?

That's what I have to do with my class. (I use Bright Throat's).
    Edited by Langeston on October 11, 2019 10:15PM
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for a Magblade main to chime in and say Wings/Lash nerfs are justified despite playing Zaan Onslaught melee meta.

That won't happen because there are no more magblade mains.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SipofMaim wrote: »
    Still waiting for a Magblade main to chime in and say Wings/Lash nerfs are justified despite playing Zaan Onslaught melee meta.

That won't happen because there are no more magblade mains.

Haha🤭😂
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    I've been trying out different builds for MDK since I've rejoined the game a couple months back and the most effective build was one where I used embers to charge whip running Axiom/Sun/BSpawn or Axiom/Rattlecage/BSpawn (better heals) sometimes switching to Skoria in groups. Only reason this was even viable was 1200 cost embers. This was changed, and the seething fury buff was nerfed and no spammable added to charge seething up. Made a suggestion on another post to fix this without drastically breaking the game.

Combustion can be used to fix this somewhat by removing the CD and increasing the proc chance instead of the damage. It's still rng resource return, and static %recovery bonuses would be better but more bland, but with the amount of AoE dots and the duration of the Dots in general having burning proc multiple times during its duration would make up for it without having to use enchantments/sets for the recovery. Opens options for damage/protection sets to be utilized.

Why don't you use a sustain set instead of 2 damage sets? I mean, that's what they are designed for, right?

I use amber plasm and shacklebreaker. This is just right with Tri food at the moment.
    I'll have to swap to clockwork or witch mother's if they don't improve combustion.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use amber plasm and shacklebreaker. This is just right with Tri food at the moment.
    I'll have to swap to clockwork or witch mother's if they don't improve combustion.

I used to run the same setup, but swapped out Amber Plasm for Bright Throat's. More regen, plus the higher max mag means more damage. One of the best sets in the game, in my opinion.
    Edited by Langeston on October 11, 2019 10:55PM
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    They should revert all dots back to update 22. The dots are still too weak to be used effectively also they increased cost so still big nerf.

Stamina dk's are actually joke in pvp. They're playstyle that revolves around sustained pressure is weak even on live now and with these nerfs, the class will be buried completely...

They need to give us some good spammable ( not stonefist ), maybe you could increase damage on deep slash, it's the weakest spammable out there.

I feel like a broken record every time I say this but... We need a stamina whip morph.

In addition maybe add something where DKs can "erupt" their DOTs dealing a certain percentage of the remaining damage to the effected target while damaging all nearby enemies in a X radius for Y damage. Make it so that DOTs that have more time remaining deal more damage to the effected target, while DOTs with more time remaining deal more damage to surrounding targets Maybe a passive ability called "Eruption" under Ardent Flame?
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can everyone please copy and paste:

-Sustain still isn't fixed(please increase combustion or lower costs)
    -DOTs are not 33% less than live(because you increased a nerfed value)

We need them to hear this before PTS goes live 21st October.

They heard us before and with every Dks help they could hear us again 👍
    Zacuel wrote: »

• Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I ran BTB Crafty infused Jewelry dub Mara and it was good. Still drank magicka like nothing I've ever seen to actually hit hard. Mix in heavy attacks? Na you're SnB. Went destro/Resto. Not bad, strong breeze will knock you down but not horrible. Light>Topple>Ult>Jabs. Dead before I could even break free. Ok, play smarter. Blocked CC gap closer, pounding on DB, he made his fortress of crawl walking, catch 3 dots and block CC Gap closer, same combo, dead. Swap Molten for Lash. Ran into another templar (don't know if you noticed a sharp uptick in the amount running around, JS) fight lasted but I couldn't get him to half health. 3k-4k spam whips and dots that barely outpace his Extended ritual kinda made it a bit of a pain.

You see how this is going?

For a DoT class to work they have to slightly outpace HoTs. Not only that but you have to be in their face. I've found a build that works but still gets blown up rather easy. I have yet to find a build that can fight in melee range and not OoM in 15 seconds.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Here's how stupid that sounds.

ZOS-We updated these cool new DoTs to the game that won't break anything and even super burst classes can use them.

DKs-That's kind of our deal, but cool. Just as long as we can use them as well to truly melt people, muhaHahA.

ZOS-OOPS, we made a mistake. We are nerfing all the DoT abilities.

Every other class- yea that's cool. Was kind of OP anyhow.

DKs-WAIT A DAM MINUTE, WTF!

You forgot the part with costs:

''We are nerfing your dot costs and also corrosive armor cus dots are too strong now''

''We are nerfing your dot costs again while nerfing them btw cause we buffed dots too much last patch, and corrosive is still the same, no need to thank us, just doing our job.''

Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 12, 2019 6:59PM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several posts for flaming and baiting, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If the other guy is also using 2 sustain sets that's a lost fight. Sustain sets on DK are good, but in clases that have natural built sustain, that's beyond amazing
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an idea for Zos how about change corrosive effect for dots to bypass resistance so at least stam dks would use this over dawnbreaker this would be a difficult choice then for Magdks as it deals poison however as some other skills have this scale off highest damage so if mag deals flame dmg stam deals poison
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, with the release of dragonhold one week away...

I just wanted to get a sense of what everyone is going for to selfishly help myself :lol:
    I'll post my build here as it may help someone else:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=177143

I just wanted to get an idea of numbers:

So the big concern is recovery in this patch.
    I currently have near 1500 recovery.
    With the new combustion passive and considering the fact we won't need to cast embers and engulfing as much. i hope i wont need to improve this. I also use ele drain which actually makes recovery closer to 2100.
    I don't want to go back to recovery food, having a lot of stamina is so nice :smiley:

My spell damage is nearly 4K and my effective spell damage is like 9800(its all in the link).
    I don't think i can sacrifice anymore damage for recovery especially with our damage loss.
    I refuse to swap my trait to charged and lose damage as well :lol:

My resistance is near cap so i could possibly lose some with less incoming damage in general...
    Maybe another one piece to improve spell damage or recovery?
    I don't know... I am excited to try it though and not worry about DOT's.

Would love to hear your thoughts guys :smile:
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand...

I am happy for the stam Dks for getting another damage buff, but what about Magdk?

Stam Dks already receive minor brutality, have much cheaper skills, have access to loads of burst options via the weapon skill lines and now they have without a doubt the strongest dot in the game!?

They have massively buffed venomous claw and left burning embers, I don't understand why they did this? I think both required improvement, but embers more so... They could have at least improved the effectiveness of combustion via burning embers.

A magdk actually needs dots to kill, with the only burst in their kit being whip! It also costs us 50% more now to vast embers and does -25% damage.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand...

A magdk actually needs dots to kill, with the only burst in their kit being whip! It also costs us 50% more now to vast embers and does -25% damage.

StamDK also needs DoTs to kill.. our burst Dizzy was nerfed heavily, and the jury's out with StamFist.

According to my calculations:

Venomous Claw's DoT has been nerfed by 30% (includes the Searing Heat passive). I didn't count the 2 second increase, so in reality, the nerf is more than third.

I think they nerfed all the DoTs way too much in the first place.

Oh and as they already increased the cost of these DoT skills, the overall nerfs are definitely unwarranted. Either increase the DK DoTs or reduce the cost.
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the patch with the highest cost for our abilities (especially our dots) or we've seen patches with higher cost ?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand...

StamDK also needs DoTs to kill.. our burst Dizzy was nerfed heavily, and the jury's out with StamFist.

Venomous Claw's DoT has been nerfed by 30% (includes the Searing Heat passive). I didn't count the 2 second increase, so in reality, the nerf is more than third.

Oh and as they already increased the cost of these DoT skills, the overall nerfs are definitely unwarranted. Either increase the DK DoTs or reduce the cost.

I don't mean any offence by saying MagDK need DOTs more, I just feel as stamdk has access to an execute, fossilize and dizzy is still viable with a lot more work :lol:.

I do appreciate it requires a good magicka pool to run fossilize, but it also takes a very decent stamina pool to run a melee magicka build too. I run 22k stamina with 1k regen, much less feels very difficult.

My calculations were -25% overall and -29% per tick, so it looks like we are looking at the same numbers.
    Except StamDK just got a further 8% buff to venomous and already had +10% damage via minor brutality.

I only felt on even playing field to StamDK's in the last patch, because DOT damage was so high. I guess we just need to play it and with the loss of dizzy maybe it will feel a little more even.

Mind you most the StamDK's I fight use fossilize anyway :cry:
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Suryoyo wrote: »
    Is this the patch with the highest cost for our abilities (especially our dots) or we've seen patches with higher cost ?

I hear a lot of people talking about morrowind negatively for sustain... I've been playing for a year and a bit so i wouldn't know about that... it is about +50% more expensive to cast searing strike and fiery breath :neutral:
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand...

I don't mean any offence by saying MagDK need DOTs more, I just feel as stamdk has access to an execute, fossilize and dizzy is still viable with a lot more work :lol:.

I do appreciate it requires a good magicka pool to run fossilize, but it also takes a very decent stamina pool to run a melee magicka build too. I run 22k stamina with 1k regen, much less feels very difficult.

My calculations were -25% overall and -29% per tick, so it looks like we are looking at the same numbers.
    Except StamDK just got a further 8% buff to venomous and already had +10% damage via minor brutality.

I only felt on even playing field to StamDK's in the last patch, because DOT damage was so high. I guess we just need to play it and with the loss of dizzy maybe it will feel a little more even.

Yeah, my sDK had to drop Fossilize when they increased the cost.. 4k is way too much when I need to use the Mending Shield and Spiked Armor.. Wings is not even an option! Mind, I could use a tri-stat food but it would ruin the sustain, so I'm using Broth.

Leap and possibly very unreliable StoneFist are my CC's now.

Concerning Dizzy, I think it's out of cards because it doesn't stun, the damage was heavily nerfed and it's still quite difficult to land. The Off Balance damage bonus will be gone if the enemy just breaks free. But we'll see..

I want to reiterate that the cost increase for DK's was unwarranted!
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand...

Yeah, my sDK had to drop Fossilize when they increased the cost.. 4k is way too much when I need to use the Mending Shield and Spiked Armor.. Wings is not even an option! Mind, I could use a tri-stat food but it would ruin the sustain, so I'm using Broth.

Leap and possibly very unreliable StoneFist are my CC's now.

Concerning Dizzy, I think it's out of cards because it doesn't stun, the damage was heavily nerfed and it's still quite difficult to land. The Off Balance damage bonus will be gone if the enemy just breaks free. But we'll see..

I want to reiterate that the cost increase for DK's was unwarranted!

I just moved off of recovery food to tri stat and every element of my build feels strong, I think 15K mag recovery is gonna be too low even with ele drain in the new patch.

I think they buffed StamDK damage because of the upset stone fist caused and I don;t blame you guys for being upset.
    It looks terrible, it seems strong in group play though?
    Solo I don't think I would run it...

Dizzy will be fine if you squeeze in a heavy attack straight after... but it's just a bit slow...

I really think they need to do more with combustion. Why not take away the guarantee proc from searing strike and just let restore resource on every tick, this way you can build to complement it or not...when it costs 2600 to cast embers and you gain 500 back there really isn't much point... they may as well just not have increased costs.

Why not improve our sustain so we invest in damage and make our DOT's and overall damage actually competitive with other classes.
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭
    Suryoyo wrote: »

I hear a lot of people talking about morrowind negatively for sustain... I've been playing for a year and a bit so i wouldn't know about that... it is about +50% more expensive to cast searing strike and fiery breath :neutral:

I've played months before 1Tamriel, so I do know about morrowind, it was horrible, a lot of heavy attacks, really not fun but I can't remember the costs...
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you make the above op clearer please? Cause my personal experience is quite different, both in PVP and PVE, and I play both magDK and stamDK. I don't think we need to fix what is not broken.

I mean, that's the point of this patch? DOTs is over-performing big time on Live Server, this nerf is what the whole community has been talking about for months now, it's not something new or shocking. Did you not get the point of this patch?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »

Can you make the above op clearer please? Cause my personal experience is quite different, both in PVP and PVE, and I play both magDK and stamDK. I don't think we need to fix what is not broken.

I mean, that's the point of this patch? DOTs is over-performing big time on Live Server, this nerf is what the whole community has been talking about for months now, it's not something new or shocking. Did you not get the point of this patch?

I appreciate your opinion, I understand what you are saying and i totally understand the purpose of the patch.

I do not understand how increasing skill cost favour's the motive of this patch, nor do I think combustion(as tested by several streamers) is an adequate solution in its current state.

Also as you have played both stam DK and MagDK you understand the importance in our DOT's being potent.
    With no burst we need them to do enough damage to wear the opponent down.
    They are still weaker than they were in Elsweyr patch and cost nearly double what they did then.

Overall I don't think this is a terrible patch and the DOT meta has been a rough few months. I am merely defending my favourite class.

MagDK especially has no access to burst, other than potentially draw essence + whip. With increased costs to these dots we need to invest in sustain, but we also lost damage -29% in dot ticks and a further -10% to other damage in the ardent skill line.

I am not just hating on the patch, i genuinely feel that DK's will not be competitive in Dragonhold.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can everyone please copy and paste:

What is this, Facebook?

Wait a minute! This isn't my Facebook? 😲😲😲
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar