The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Calling all Dragonknights

• juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »
    -Sustain still isn't fixed(please increase combustion or lower costs)

Can you make the above op clearer please? Cause my personal experience is quite different, both in PVP and PVE, and I play both magDK and stamDK. I don't think we need to fix what is not broken.

-DOTs are not 33% less than live(because you increased a nerfed value)

I mean, that's the point of this patch? DOTs is over-performing big time on Live Server, this nerf is what the whole community has been talking about for months now, it's not something new or shocking. Did you not get the point of this patch?

Thing is, aren't DoTs now worse than pre-Scalebreaker? I mean at best DK DoTs on PTS are on level pre-Scalebreaker, but still got the cost increase.

5.2.4 Buff to secondary effect of Venomous Claw was long overdue..
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »
    -Sustain still isn't fixed(please increase combustion or lower costs)

Can you make the above op clearer please? Cause my personal experience is quite different, both in PVP and PVE, and I play both magDK and stamDK. I don't think we need to fix what is not broken.

-DOTs are not 33% less than live(because you increased a nerfed value)

I mean, that's the point of this patch? DOTs is over-performing big time on Live Server, this nerf is what the whole community has been talking about for months now, it's not something new or shocking. Did you not get the point of this patch?

Thing is, aren't DoTs now worse than pre-Scalebreaker? I mean at best DK DoTs on PTS are on level pre-Scalebreaker, but still got the cost increase.

5.2.4 Buff to secondary effect of Venomous Claw was long overdue..

Yes they are slightly worse than they were in Elsweyr, but cost twice as much as they did then.
    The tick damage is a lot less potent than it is on live -29% infact.

I am glad StamDK's got that buff, i wish they had done the same with burning embers, even building on the combustion passive in some way, that would make the increase in costs a bit easier to swallow.
  • Nser
    Nser
    ✭✭✭
    combustion passive is usless in pvp well 70% of pvper's are dark elf so its worthless to build for it and the sustain that give is not much so i hope they do something about mdk sustain cuz its no way same as the other classes.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina dk is much worse compared to Elsweyr and to live.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    SilverPaws wrote: »

Hmm can you elaborate? I can't access the PTS so I'm super curious because I main stamDK..

How are Claw and Breath? The fist? Sustain? What's worse with it?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm can you elaborate? I can't access the PTS so I'm super curious because I main stamDK..

i wouldn't say much worse, in fact its better than some other class. but it's definitely worse overall than live.

Claw/Breath is a bit less potent and their cost increase, by alot.

Sustain is harder, but personally swapping Forward Momentum with Molten Arm for the Major Brut makes my stam a little healthier, and actually make use of my magicka resource. A couple more heavy attack works but then overall ur DPS dropped.

the fist.... is ok? It works well as a spammable, the stone morph buff works well, but it's not outperforming classic tried-and-true weapon-line spammables... (not even Dizzying with its nerf)

so i find it hard to slot it, but honestly, it being a range actually works well as a "gap-closer" in both PvP and PvE...

is stamDK much worse? no.

is it worse though? arguably yes.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. dots are too weak.
    2. No good spammable.
    3. No defile so pressure playstyle got gutted pretty much.
    4. Corrosive which carried dk now don't work with dots so even weaker pressure.

When snb got nerfed then stamdk pressure got hit a lot. So to put it simple stamina dk compared to Elsweyr is pretty much very weak and on pts it's even worse now.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. dots are too weak.
    2. No good spammable.

When snb got nerfed then stamdk pressure got hit a lot. So to put it simple stamina dk compared to Elsweyr is pretty much very weak and on pts it's even worse now.

If they would leave dk class dots at the power they are on live and retain the cost changes with dragonhold I personally think this would make dks decent in pvp
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. dots are too weak.
    2. No good spammable.

hate to agree, but i agree.

luckily im never a SnB stamDK to begin with, but to put it even simpler: nothing DK does is better than any other class.
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, when you think about:
    • this range fire stone fist with terrible animation and sound (are we playing luffy or ace from one piece ? mugiwara hat or ace hat coming to crown store soon!)
    • this high cost and terrible sustain just because they don't have any other solutions for lag and perfs generally
    • volatile armor still not dealing fire damage but obsidian shard will..., like wtf, I don't have the words...
    • Magma shell ulti still useless from its animation to its utility, never seen a useless ulti / slot like that, 100% garb***
    • probably another coming patch of nerfs where they'll destroy volatile armor, inhale/draw essence, FoO and other untouched skills
    • Protective plate should have its own animation, it's just sad to cast those wings and not reflect anything
    • Eruption completely useless, destroyed (poor skill it didn't deserved that treatment) and its animation is lazy
    • Lazy searing heat passive buff and wasted, could be way better

And all of this, DK's identity destroyed, thanks to this combat team, its talk of "making this in line", "standardization" etc.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried crushing weapon>light attack>stonefist>bash cancel on a SnB build? Only problem I had before was resource consumption but the burst is kinda good using deep slash, stonefist looks like it will be even better.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suryoyo wrote: »
    Honestly, when you think about:
    • this range fire stone fist with terrible animation and sound (are we playing luffy or ace from one piece ? mugiwara hat or ace hat coming to crown store soon!)

ok now i actually look at this in better light...

Ace lives forever!!