The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Calling all Dragonknights

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone link a class rep? It would be very helpful 😁
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/wKLgAq32pbM

Please watch and continue to make noise in all DK feeds about these changes.

aah so its a MagDK thread.

alright. cool. gluck boys.

- StamDK
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    From the changes mentioned in 5.2.2 dks class dots should keep the tool tips that are currently on live this is with the goal of reducing dots by 33% and searing heats 33% increase

but they won't do the maths or watch the video i have linked of someone playing it on PTS.

So my current burning embers has a tooltip of 24,000 over 12 secs

i'll remove the (live) searing heat passive first: 24000 x 0.9 = 21600

The have nerfed it per tick so 21600 / 12 = 1800(damage per tick) 1800 x 0.4 = 720(damage per tick patch 5.2.0)

Now let's add the buff's: 720 x 1.33 = 957.6(base damage per tick 5.2.3)
    957.6 x 1.33 = 1273.6(damage per tick after searing heat passive 5.2.3)

Our new total damage is 1273.6 x 14 = 17830.5

If you want the percentage difference: 24000 - 17830.5 = 6170. (6170 / 24000) x 100 = 25%

It is 2 seconds longer as well. The percentage difference between ticks is: (1273.6 / 1800) x 100 70%!!!

In terms of DPS or burst that is significant and we now have to use these skills it will cost us 50% more in magicka.

That is insane!!!

2 solutions devs have for dks leave their dots as they are or give the pts numbers and either buff how much combustion returns or have it apply every tick of the status effect

I agree with you there... I also feel 10% passive increase to spell damage would be justified considering how much we are losing and it is the majority of our damage from dots. Then we would any have lost 15 - 20% damage. There are a lot of classes that don't need to run DOT's but did during the last patch because they were so powerful.

We need them and don't want to lose them at the cost of our class identity.

Dots were never the problem devs never made alternatives for more burst focused classes on top of not reducing cost of the biggest counter to dots as in purge the original vigor changes in scalebreaker were a stam classes counter to dots but thanks to people who intentionally built for the highest possible tool tip the stam dot counter was nerfed to the point it was no longer a dot counter

I think all they needed to do was add to 'battle spirit' a debuff that stops multiple DOT's being put on you. i.e. 1 x entropy, 1 x soul trap and then they wouldn't have been an issue for anyone. There would have been no changes to DPS...

I am happy for DOT's to be nerfed as long as DK's aren't useless going into Dragonhold.

Doing something like that introduces a ton of issues for any DoT's with secondary mechanics tied to the DoT being on the target, such as Embers.

If I try to put Embers on a target, but they already have it on them, how would that work? Would I have wasted my resources, would it not take the resources to begin with but force me to waste a GCD, would it deny me a heal?

If it overwrites, what happens if I already have my Embers on a target, and someone puts their's on? Does mine end, giving me the heal prematurely when I didn't need it? Does my heal carry on from the other dude's, scaling super high?

Same with Engulfing and the flame damage debuff, what happens when someone with lower max mag and spell damage comes along and tags my target with their Engulfing, since it now scales with stats? Same with Poison Inject and the master bow, how would that work? Same with Degen and the sustain.

Removing DoT stacking sounds like a good idea on paper, but it introduces a ton of issues that would require a redesign of how existing skills/mechanics work to address. They'd need to separate the DoT from the mechanic, and only allow the mechanic to stack, but knowing Zenimax, they'd *** that up somehow. Would just rather not face that possibility right now.

For the heal I don’t know what they could do but for the damage allow everyone’s skill to hit but for each additional dot of the same skill the damage is reduced so more people casting say burning embers the weaker the dot is basically a hard cap of sorts burning embers can only deal x damage over its duration so when each person casts the same dot damage is reduced to meet said cap
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

- StamDK

No way man, i know damage costs are worse for the MagDK, but we both need DOT's.

We're in this together :smiley:

Stick around!
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- StamDK

No way man, i know damage costs are worse for the MagDK, but we both need DOT's.

Stick around!

sorry i didnt go through the whole video....

but what's the problem with stamDK sustain? u tried the new poop-fist spammable?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

- StamDK

Stick around!

but what's the problem with stamDK sustain? u tried the new poop-fist spammable?

I haven't I play Mag DK, it looks hilarious... from what I can tell it is usable in group play.
    A lot of hard work 1 v 1 though...

They have increased cost of searing strike and flames at base I thought this would affect the stamina morphs too.
    I could be wrong though I hope so, Magicka costs are insane...

I assume they don't increase stamina costs because you require stamina for basic's like blocking, dodging etc...
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be nice if they did this. DK nearly dead
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still waiting for a Magblade main to chime in and say Wings/Lash nerfs are justified despite playing Zaan Onslaught melee meta.
    PC EU
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Be nice if they did this. DK nearly dead

Yes I totally agree if enough people post it has to at least be acknowledged right? 😳
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for a Magblade main to chime in and say Wings/Lash nerfs are justified despite playing Zaan Onslaught melee meta.

Haha😂 I am trying to pick my battles here.

Let's make DK viable first and fight for wings in the next patch.

It will be utterly useless if we don't make enough noise.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- StamDK

Stick around!

I haven't I play Mag DK, it looks hilarious... from what I can tell it is usable in group play.

They have increased cost of searing strike and flames at base I thought this would affect the stamina morphs too.

I assume they don't increase stamina costs because you require stamina for basic's like blocking, dodging etc...

stamina cost increase as well, but it doesn't FEEL much different compared to live, from my own testing in PTS against a dummy.

the sustain issue becomes a problem if i use the new "spammable" stonefist.

u can't have spammable that costs 3.4k+ (even with 990-stam discount).

of course, i can no longer use Nox breath as spammable, so might come back to weapon skill instead of class skill once again...........

..... so much for identity.............

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57025
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying out different builds for MDK since I've rejoined the game a couple months back and the most effective build was one where I used embers to charge whip running Axiom/Sun/BSpawn or Axiom/Rattlecage/BSpawn (better heals) sometimes switching to Skoria in groups. Only reason this was even viable was 1200 cost embers. This was changed, and the seething fury buff was nerfed and no spammable added to charge seething up. Made a suggestion on another post to fix this without drastically breaking the game.

Combustion can be used to fix this somewhat by removing the CD and increasing the proc chance instead of the damage. It's still rng resource return, and static %recovery bonuses would be better but more bland, but with the amount of AoE dots and the duration of the Dots in general having burning proc multiple times during its duration would make up for it without having to use enchantments/sets for the recovery. Opens options for damage/protection sets to be utilized.

No execute+no/weak spammable+crap resource management=dead class. No question.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would really like to see a change to Molten weapons, you already receive minor brutality passively for casting it. I would like one morph to be a self cast that also grants minor sorcery.

Just to reiterate this would not give either buff to the group or maybe it could change the passive dependent on the morph.
    I just feel this is a PVE skill and isn't really viable in PvP unless in group play.

Everyone now says degeneration will be trash(which I don't really get because it is still stronger than any DK dot) Regardless I would rather have an overall buff to our damage. Considering we are losing 10% on all ardent flame skills apart from the dot element of searing strike and flames(a ninja of a nerf).

This also promotes build diversity as you can go for another 20k dot over 12 seconds or 10% buff to overall damage and heals.

I would love to hear your thoughts?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    I've been trying out different builds for MDK since I've rejoined the game a couple months back and the most effective build was one where I used embers to charge whip running Axiom/Sun/BSpawn or Axiom/Rattlecage/BSpawn (better heals) sometimes switching to Skoria in groups. Only reason this was even viable was 1200 cost embers. This was changed, and the seething fury buff was nerfed and no spammable added to charge seething up. Made a suggestion on another post to fix this without drastically breaking the game.

Combustion can be used to fix this somewhat by removing the CD and increasing the proc chance instead of the damage. It's still rng resource return, and static %recovery bonuses would be better but more bland, but with the amount of AoE dots and the duration of the Dots in general having burning proc multiple times during its duration would make up for it without having to use enchantments/sets for the recovery. Opens options for damage/protection sets to be utilized.

No execute+no/weak spammable+crap resource management=dead class. No question.

I sadly agree with this, I think combustion would be fine if it restores on every tick or could be activated by all ardent flame abilities.

I just made a suggestion about changing a morph on molten weapon to be a self cast granting minor sorcery. This should make up the loss of damage... Sort of...
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair sustain is ruined on all mag classes and not just DK, stamina will be fine tho further increasing the gap in PvE.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- StamDK

Stick around!

stamina cost increase as well, but it doesn't FEEL much different compared to live, from my own testing in PTS against a dummy.

of course, i can no longer use Nox breath as spammable, so might come back to weapon skill instead of class skill once again...........

One thing that wasn’t thought of is the change to molten armaments since both morphs grant major brutality/sorcery armaments also increases heavy attacks by 50% so essentially a stam dk can use HA as spammable altho this alone is cringeworthy but would make stam dk sustain incredible
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

- StamDK

Stick around!

One thing that wasn’t thought of is the change to molten armaments since both morphs grant major brutality/sorcery armaments also increases heavy attacks by 50% so essentially a stam dk can use HA as spammable altho this alone is cringeworthy but would make stam dk sustain incredible

They also get minor brutality for casting this... Which sort of leaves us Magdk's with our greater skill costs, crap.sustain and less damage...
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭

XD nice joke man!
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- StamDK

Stick around!

i might have to try that in PTS.

but even spamming Nox breath in PTS, sustain is pretty similar to live server for me.

spamming poop-fist, however, is poop.... too costly.

thats 2H/DW, with Forward Momentum. so maybe ill swap FM with MA and use HA as spammable, as long as i can keep MA 100% uptime?

hmmmm............ trying tonight!
  • Noisivid
    Noisivid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can everyone please copy and paste:

-Sustain still isn't fixed(please increase combustion or lower costs)
    -DOTs are not 33% less than live(because you increased a nerfed value)

We need them to hear this before PTS goes live 21st October.

They heard us before and with every Dks help they could hear us again 👍

^^^ this, I'd really like to get back to playing my original main from Beta/Early Access. (Dunmer MagDK, non-vamp)

fix the skills, fix the passives, fix the sustain.

If I've got to rely on too many weapon and non-class skills to make it work I might as well run a different more functional class. :'(
    Edited by Noisivid on October 11, 2019 12:29AM
    Vogon Poet Laureate
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm going to do exactly what @Minno did when templars were nerfed: play Oblivion until Dks are buffed again. In fact, i'm planning a build around a spell that cast frenzy (or control) on touch and invisibility on self. Touch and go xD

Trying to convince ZoS about the status of the class at this point in futile

Class unplayable? Don't play it. Simple as that really. I like how they promised ''identity'' for DK while completely gutting whats left of it, giving back stonefist spammable in return.

I would rather have Dk simply returned to how it was in update 22.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 11, 2019 1:55AM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I'm going to do exactly what @Minno did when templars were nerfed: play Oblivion until Dks are buffed again. In fact, i'm planning a build around a spell that cast frenzy (or control) on touch and invisibility on self. Touch and go xD

Class unplayable? Don't play it. Simple as that really. I like how they promised ''identity'' for DK while completely gutting whats left of it, giving back stonefist spammable in return.

I think I'm gonna take a break from ESO, Too much people raising their voces for the sole sake of their own classes.

I don't want an OP DK, I just want it fun to play, just as it was during Orsinum-Thieves-DB.

Currently it is boring as hell. I expcted a change in the stonefist animation, but ZoS failed 8as they usually do)
    Edited by Xvorg on October 11, 2019 2:08AM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Noisivid
    Noisivid
    ✭✭✭✭

DK identity = "embrace the suck" :*
    Vogon Poet Laureate
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- StamDK

Stick around!

well ***. tried it. very hard to compare to live coz im NA and didnt get my char copied.

but i threw something similar and swap FW with MA, and other than weaving the usual suspects, i throw a heavy ONCE per 2-bars rotation and i never run out of stam....

...until i try spamming without weaving Dizzying, then i ran out for a bit but pop a Dawnbreaker and all is well.

and thanks to MA being Mag, it doesnt dip into the Stam pool like FM, AND being from Earth line, it gives me minor brut and 990 stam every trigger too...

on a trial 21m dummy i hit 31~33k and that's just mashing all the buttons together with hodge podge of skills. and no mundus stone lol

sustain for stamDK is fine.

....but i cant get stonefist to work with my rotation.... i like the triple-damage stack, but its no spammable, but i need to trigger it 3x anyway.... it's just weird. the whole stagger on a spammable is a poor idea. Dizzying is great.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think I'm gonna take a break from ESO, Too much people raising their voces for the sole sake of their own classes.

I don't want an OP DK, I just want it fun to play, just as it was during Orsinum-Thieves-DB.

Currently it is boring as hell. I expcted a change in the stonefist animation, but ZoS failed 8as they usually do)

I don't want an OP DK either.You don't need a broken OP class to have fun. I don't think magplars are fun for me atm, for example. I was just expecting something cool to mess around with.

I was expecting something that would give me hope, a proof that they do care. I was left with nothing but disappointment. I had the best intentions when this patch dropped on PTS and I was actually planning to show my appreciation cause I actually expected a good patch for Dk despite the dot nerfs.

Both stonefist and igneous weapon changes show me that they simply don't read anything, don't play stamDk at all and most importantly they don't care at all. Its all PR talk and all the promises they have given are there for the purpose of damage control.

Just watch and see 3 months later they will say they painted stonefist green and they will remind you to please test the changes before giving feedback :trollface:

• BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- StamDK

Stick around!

They also get minor brutality for casting this... Which sort of leaves us Magdk's with our greater skill costs, crap.sustain and less damage...

Yes but as others have stated unique group buff Templar’s give is minor sorcery dk it’s minor brutality. The offset to this is suppose to be the engulfing flames skill
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell they would need to add another 21% to searing strike at base to reach the figure they said they were aiming for in 5.2.2

They said an overall intention for all dots is 33% less than live.

Because they buffed a nerfed value it is coming up shy of the intended 33% less than live.

Damage per tick before searing heat live = 1800
    Damage per tick before searing heat PTS = 958
    Damage per tick intended value before searing heat = 1206

The difference between the intended value and the PTS value is 21%

It will be the same with other dots that received a 40% nerf instead of a 33% nerf. Perhaps not the same percentage, but the missed calculation in increasing a decreased figure.

• coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    maybe it is time to rework DK as a whole.

obviously nerfing dots in particular hurts DKs the most, because we are the dot class. On live the situation is silly as it is, I slot non-class dots because they are better in utility and range (28m). /shrug

so in the next patch, why bother with dots anyway?

I dont know. Iam playing my Stamcro now, but have to admit I play ESO less and less.

max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknights unite we shall give them FIRE AND BLOOD

@DKsUnite it's a call for you

@Xvorg gonna have to copyright this guy.,..
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Dragonknights unite we shall give them FIRE AND BLOOD

@DKsUnite it's a call for you

@Xvorg gonna have to copyright this guy.,..

Haha :lol: patent is pending...