The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Console needs to be taken down asap (freezes + Updated with message from Zos)

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just got a bit more info. To recap another post from this morning, we have seen your reports of an increase in performance issues on console since Summerset and Update 18 went live. We have some improvements coming with the next console update, which is coming next week. We understand the impact of these issues and are expediting the patch.

Does anybody know when this so called improvement update is happening?

Does it matter? I feel like I've been sold this song and dance every patch for the last 18 months. Buzzing crashes to the dashboard still more frequent than ever. I genuinely don't think they can fix it. It's bad code imo. Thats what Microsoft support told me.

Id re roll pre summerset it wasn't as bad as it's now

The crashes are no better or worse for me. The stuttering was new with summerset and was horrible but that was one thing the patch yesterday seemed to offer some relief for (still happened yesterday but not as frequently.)

I've been crashing (screen freezes, buzzing sound, back at the xbox dashboard) since Ive started playing the game. I have since then purchased an Xbox One X and a Solid State Drive for ESO. I have also even switched internet providers (although this is not a network issue in any way) and I STILL suffer crashes to the dashboard every day and have since day 1. It's never going to be fixed. They can't get the Xbox port of the game to stop crashing because there is bad code deep in there and it will never get fixed. I spoke to Xbox support about this multiple times after I realized ZoS can't or won't do anything and it was directly confirmed to me from Microsoft that crashes to the xbox dashboard with screen freezes and the horrible buzzing noise is due to an error with the console trying to read code. I've posted this on these message boards 1001 times and if they talk to someone from Microsoft I am sure they will get the same response. They either can't fix it or won't fix it because it's absolutely impossible that they are unaware to the cause of these crashes.

All of this posting is futile and useless though because what possible motivation do they have to actually spend the time and effort to go fix all of that old code? We still sub because they have managed to make playing the game without the craft-bag so time consuming and frustrating that it's essential to those of us that have had it as a crutch for so long. Many people are still buying $120 houses and dropping hundreds if not thousands on crown crates. This game is literally a license to print money so why would they even care about the game crashing? Their revenue is going up and up and up. If I was selling this many virtual goods that had no extra manufacturing costs other than the time spent designing it I would probably be unmotivated to fix sh*t too.

Seriously think about this. When they put a 3500 crown mount in the crown store, they can sell an INFINITE number of that good without any EXTRA manufacturing costs after they finish making ONE. And if that mount is a re-skin, they spent NO time or manufacturing costs on it at all. They are selling goods that cost almost nothing to make for exorbitant amounts of money and can sell them as much as they want. Nothing is going to change unless we start speaking with our DOLLARS.

I'm not going to drop my sub at this point but I am done buying cosmetics from the crown store. I already have so many mounts and costumes i don't use i don't need anymore. Why would I ever want to give extra money to a company that has burned me and ****** me over so many times? I feel so undervalued as a customer it isn't even funny.

Options
  • knudsen
    knudsen
    ✭✭✭
    Joined Cyrodiil. Traveled to an home keep. - long loading screen - Walked to the front gate - freeze - Have to restart the game. Came back, walked 2 minutes - CE Error - Rage Quits.
    Options
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    What's adding salt to the ESO plus subscriber wounds is, I've not even received this month's crowns and they're well overdue
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's adding salt to the ESO plus subscriber wounds is, I've not even received this month's crowns and they're well overdue

That's because they are frozen somewhere
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still taking a gander at the Summerset dumpster fire @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Any news? It'd be nice if customers could get an update with actual meaningful info about their broken product at least daily. We'll see how today goes.
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Still taking a gander at the Summerset dumpster fire @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Any news? It'd be nice if customers could get an update with actual meaningful info about their broken product at least daily. We'll see how today goes.

They already commented today.

The new Psijic Crown Crates season is here
    Options
  • vonScuzzman
    vonScuzzman
    ✭✭✭
    So on a slightly positive note:

I downloaded the 12Gig Xbox patch yesterday which completely broke the game: launch ESO and after about 10 seconds it would crash to the desktop. I couldn't even copy the game from one drive to the other so I decided the client was corrupted.

So I deleted the game and proceeded to download from scratch.

This morning I fired up ESO with no problems, did writs, went to Summerset for about 2 hours and not one single freeze or stutter. Haven't been to Cyrodiil yet, but I have hopes; maybe not high hopes, but hopes.
    XBox One NA
    Options
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps4 NA here. Still having lag and freezing issues. I noticed no difference with the patch.

Same, my PvP session was fairly short yesterday and I did experience stuttering and 1 freeze that caused a reboot. If they did address this problem, it's hard to notice a difference imo.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
    Options
  • ForMalacath
    ForMalacath
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, since d/loading the patch last night (Xbox one X), rebooting and playing for the first time today for a few hours its been smooth as butter! Framerate in Summerset is great, no hitching whatsoever or lag jumps which I was getting prior. Only spent an hour in Cyro and was smooth sailing also, although servers weren't busy yet
    In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
    Options
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Need to be fixed. Taking down the servers would be a grand idea, If they actually cared about their customer based. Instead, they’re closing threads that gain traction on exposing this issue.

The permafreezing makes it unplayable. Your organized group will wipe against a mindless zerg because half of the players permanently freeze and you’re outnumbered 3 to 1, so numbers game takes over.

Then it takes forever to log back in, and the still zerg has capped 3 keeps behind you because you couldn’t fight them because you had to manually dashboard.
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm.. told you when they announcent so vaguely that "freeze" etc problems are going to get fixed. I asked IF they actually knew what is causing it and well... no response and here we are.

Did some Cyrodil and it was a "blast" ... ironically speaking...

Absolutely magnificent when you run mag sorc... enemies -> need to shield up -> oh the damn skill is not responsive... death... hmmm.. going to heavy attack -> hmmm the damn skill is not doing anything... rince and repeat with pretty much everything.

Oh.. here comes the enemy... hmmm.. why is half of my the people frozen... continue... get freezed and restart the PS4 console.

Well you get the idea... these kind of crap should be prioritized and get sorted but it ain't happening. Go check how many responses you see from developers on alliance war section which is buried way down... hundreds of threads about lag have been ignored... well you ignore them enough and here we are... Everything freezes, scenery doesn't load up .... crashes and top of that normal horrific lag.

How long is it gonna take they actually DO SOMETHING about this?

Matt Firor is all happy face in E3 how this and that trash mob dlc's are launching ignoring the the fact that the game needs MAJOR fix.

Oh... and the bad performance seems to be around PVE as well allthough not nearly as bad in Cyrodill.

Keep this thread and pressure on the ZOS. They should make EXTRA whaterver TWITCH thing they run and tell us paying customers what is the PLAN to sort this out.

The Midyear mayhem event is going to freezing hell times 10000... cannot even imagine how catastrophic that event is going to be with current performance improvents... ironically said again.

Oh and I do not even think that Gina or Jessica should come here and explain this crap. Somebody way highter UP should come here and face the music... those community managers are just vaguely saying what has been told to them.

Bring mr Firor to forums and explain this crap along with wrobel and whoever is in charge of these servers and fixes.
    Edited by Miswar on June 21, 2018 5:08PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth. While it is fine to disagree, personal insults are inappropriate. Please ensure that the discussion remains civil and constructive. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MaxiMystery
    MaxiMystery
    Soul Shriven
    I have only been kicked out of the game twice since summerset, honestly prefer lag/freezing over dc'ing every hour or so. And at least the dungeons have walls now lol
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth. While it is fine to disagree, personal insults are inappropriate. Please ensure that the discussion remains civil and constructive. Thank you for your understanding.

I love it...."unnecessary back and forth"....just keeps getting better today.
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaavaa wrote: »
    Definitely not. Not at Outpost or Keep Walls in Cyrodiil.
    And yet, none of those miscellaneous items seem to be fixed.

Yes, we've passed along as much to the team, and appreciate you letting us know. @Sandman929 I see you're on Xbox One NA. @Jaavaa which console platform and server are you on?
    Xbox NA Xbox One X here. Freezing all the time, I believe it is because of the time stop skill which I use on my Templar.
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mean to be an smart ass but define constructive criticism?

The game is in bad shape and people need to vent some steam.

The whole issue is back and forth without any proper details coming from ZOS side.
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it in any worse shape than it has ever been, particularly after a new patch or release?
    Miswar wrote: »

The whole issue is back and forth without any proper details coming from ZOS side.

Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Is it in any worse shape than it has ever been, particularly after a new patch or release?

Yes it is. All these problems in top of the major problems that have not been fixed.

The PVP servers are far from population locked... many people just have been fed up badly.
    Edited by Miswar on June 21, 2018 5:41PM
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can deal with occasional lag in crowded places. I can deal with being dcd or dashboarded while doing a quest.

I can’t deal with freezing in cyrodiil! This is as bad as it was last fall when we had the load screens in cyrodiil. It is unplayable! Do the developers even play the game after they put out a patch? If so, they would have noticed this and we wouldn’t be the ones telling you! Do you even have quality control like most corporations???
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. As I do not PvP and have not since shortly after console release, I don't really know. I have, however, noticed significant freezing and FPS drops in almost every area since Summerset though. Fortunately I haven't crashed yet.

Yes it is. All these problems in top of the major problems that have not been fixed.

The PVP servers are far from population locked... many people just have been fed up badly.

Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So on a slightly positive note:

I downloaded the 12Gig Xbox patch yesterday which completely broke the game: launch ESO and after about 10 seconds it would crash to the desktop. I couldn't even copy the game from one drive to the other so I decided the client was corrupted.

So I deleted the game and proceeded to download from scratch.

This morning I fired up ESO with no problems, did writs, went to Summerset for about 2 hours and not one single freeze or stutter. Haven't been to Cyrodiil yet, but I have hopes; maybe not high hopes, but hopes.

Message me and let me know if u freeze in cyrodiil during prime time, ok? A couple of years ago I deleted eso and then reinstalled it and it helped it a ton!

Options
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening on both consoles and all 4 servers.... the sheer number of people screaming it on the forums should make that abundantly clear. There's many things i will defend devs for in games because we all know they're not perfect....

what i won't defend and will actively point out is where the devs are literally leaving so many paying players and customers out in the cold with unplayable content.

Cyrodiil is worse now than it has EVER been. Whether this is caused by skills or the "Cyrodiil Improvements" or a coding error it NEEDS fixing. Not a "we're looking in to it" for a month or so before anything is done.

Next weeks maintenance marks 3 weeks since Summerset launch.... 3 weeks since you made Cyrodiil so broken that many don't even bother trying to go in there. How many more weeks of this broken Cyrodiil are we getting???
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
    Options
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, we've passed along as much to the team, and appreciate you letting us know. @Sandman929 I see you're on Xbox One NA. @Jaavaa which console platform and server are you on?

What about the freezes in pvp on PS4 eu?

The population has plummeted, few people are willing to put up with the broken mess that is pvp. I fear if you don’t do something soon you’ll damage the population permenantly.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
    Options
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only response we get from ZOS team is that they’re deleting comments hahaha
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »

The population has plummeted, few people are willing to put up with the broken mess that is pvp. I fear if you don’t do something soon you’ll damage the population permenantly.

Yeah. Agree that PS4 EU is a ghostly place at the moment. We used to have 3 servers full.. than 2... that 1 and now population flickering around 1 bar each.

Population has taken very severe hit and even the above amount of people there are these performance issues.
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like it's time to drop in and have some fun. Anybody remember having fun? That is, after all, what a video-game is about, isn't it? If it's not then something must have really changed in the last 40 years, or at least since I first played pong in 1976.

Yeah. Agree that PS4 EU is a ghostly place at the moment. We used to have 3 servers full.. than 2... that 1 and now population flickering around 1 bar each.

Population has taken very severe hit and even the above amount of people there are these performance issues.

Options
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proof your issue isnt fixed in xb1 na. I took this clip because of how ridiculous it is to have a zerg in a specific area crash and people outside of whatever is causing the crash to be absolutely fine.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AogHKpN7V7hvgYpvoXXKoQv41gX0IQ

I didnt crash but everyone in that tower did. I dont know if the footage of what was happening and seeing who crashed helps, but even if it did, my faith in the right person seeing it doesnt exist. Prove me wrong and show the right team attempting to pretend to look like they're fixing issues @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

The 38k tick was nice, but I would have rather seen the real fight play out.
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like it's time to drop in and have some fun. Anybody remember having fun? That is, after all, what a video-game is about, isn't it? If it's not then something must have really changed in the last 40 years, or at least since I first played pong in 1976.

Please do pop in for PvP couple of days if you have PS4 EU account.

Interested to hear what you think about it after that test. The guy who posted about bad performance and very low population raised an valid point.

I'am off though but will check how that experiment went in couple of days (Sunday).

Oh and while you at it please do try to play 3-4 hours per day not just 10min "pop in".

Edited by Miswar on June 21, 2018 10:41PM
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do PvP. I am not competitive and learned that the hard way when this game first came out. I have absolutely zero interest in competing against, let alone killing someone else. I have no reason to. Sorry. Now, if I need to take revenge for some reason, that can be a reason, but there are so many better ways to do that. And, yes, I know all about the EU performance and population issues. I did pop in to Cyrodil the other night (mostly to satisfy that dern invitation) and it was a ghost town. That's why I said I may take my NB in just to sneak around a bit.

Please do pop in for PvP couple of days if you have PS4 EU account.

Intersted to hear what you think about it after that test. The guy who posted about bad performance and very low population raised an valid point.

I'am off though but will check how that experiment went in couple of days.

Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is unplayable on ps4 fix your game already zos it's playing like ***
    Options
This discussion has been closed.