Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sloads is not OP

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Lol mistform better than cloak. Your argument is now invalid.

And yes the large issue with sloads is against shield and light armor users.

Also what do you mean that shields are an untouched defense machanic? They’ve been nerfed quite a lot and currently are affected by all types of damage. It’s not like shields are just impenetrable until the timer is up. Some of the most knowledgeable people in this game are calling Sloads OP. You just sound like you’re trying to make a sensational post for its own sake.

Shields not Impenetrable? Impenetrable = Crit Resistance Trait, Shields cannot be crit.

giphy.gif

PS4 NA DC
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

If you struggle against medium armored builds then go with Skoria, Zaan or Caluurion.

If you struggle against cloaking Nightblades or magSorcs then go with Sloads.

If you struggle against magplars then go with Duroks, and use minor defile poisons.

Why not 1 for each and prepare for all?
  • DucLIX
    DucLIX
    ✭✭✭
    Sload should be deleted from this game, nobrain set. You don't have to play well to win, just make it procs and spam 1 skill.
    Combine it with shieldbreaker/zaan/bleeding build to get a final stage cancer.

faster guys kill kill
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    wish there was a global cool down on receiving effects, as well as putting them out. its not the issue of taking 1 sloads- its 3 stacking. sload to the face like a load to the face
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    chris211 wrote: »
    Yeah that's right it's not OP. As a matter of fact I encourage you to use it since it will increase my survivability as a medium armor wearer. Here's the truth of the matter, Sloads is weak against non-cloak medium armored builds because we're used to undodgeable proc sets that rip through our health. Want to really destroy a medium armor build? Use Caluurion or Zaan. What Sloads is strong against are cloaking Nightblades, and play styles that rely on damage shields. Thinking about using Caluurion, Sloads' and Zaan/Skoria? Go right ahead. If you're going against a competent player like me you'll die first because you're not spec'd for resource management or survivability.

Damage shields is an untouched defense mechanic when it comes to abilities, and mist form is a better escape than both cloak and streak in most cases. Both of these defense mechanics are the most affected by Sload's and I say it's about time.

ZOS I would actually like to see more oblivion damage in PvE because if you think shields are strong in PvP they are way stronger in PvE.

So if you want to use a proc set; may I suggest thinking about what kind of opponent gives you a hard time, and spec accordingly.

If you struggle against medium armored builds then go with Skoria, Zaan or Caluurion.

If you struggle against magplars then go with Duroks, and use minor defile poisons.

Cheers, and may the proc be with you.

As a disclaimer, if it were up to me I'd make it so no damaging proc sets affected players, and I would make snake blood (alchemy passive) reduce the potency of poisons applied on you in order to make this game as competitive and skill based as possible, but I'm not in change of balance. So we need to either adapt to the proc meta or continue raging. Your choice.

combine sloads with durogs bane master dual wield dagger and axe with drain poisons and zan's gg its cancer

Working as intended. This game isn’t about player skill anymore - it’s about who hardcounters what. Don’t run solo.

I would say item-optimization is apart of the term "skill". Failing to pick the right gear for the job shows lack of skill in my opinion.
    Back when the amount of proc-sets where a lot less than it is today it was all about stacking stats, which was incredibly boring. Personally don´t want to go back to that (I´m not implying certain sets doesn´t need re-balance). Proc-sets (both offensive and defensive ones) makes PvP more interesting and more fun.

No it’s not lol. Skill -> player skill.

Item optimization definitely played into the strengths of a player in the past. A good player made much better use of stat gear sets than others because they enhanced what a player was already capable of. They didn’t outright do the work for you.

However, this is no longer the case. Slot Sloads, or Shieldbreaker, or Skoria, etc on a tanky build and watch your armor sets do the work for you. Armor sets doing the work diminishes the need for player skill to be the vast majority of what decides an outcome. So in essence, what was once a bad player with no skill could barely hurt you. Due to powerful proc sets that do the work for them, these bad players are now on the level of what was once considered a “decent” player who can truly apply pressure.

Add in tons of nerfs to solo players overtime and RIP - that is why solo play is no longer a thing in Cyrodiil to any great effect like it once was. There is a reason Viper was nerfed. It looks like ZOS learned nothing from that.
    Skill:
    the ability to use one's knowledge effectively and readily in execution or performance
    Selecting the right gear for the job is a part of the term skill, not matter how cheap you might consider the tactic to be (as long as it´s not an exploit or a cheat).
    The next section is taken form an article that can be found here: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win
    Complaining that you don't want to do X in a game because "it doesn't take skill" is a common scrub complaint. The concept of "skill" is yet another excuse to add fictional rules and avoid making the best moves. Curiously, scrubs often talk about how they have skill whereas other players—very much including the ones who beat them flat out—do not have skill. This might be some sort of ego defense mechanism where people define "skill" as whatever subset of the game they're good at and then elevate that above actually trying to win.

I´m not defending sload, but this talk about "skill" is getting kind of meh....

If you need to use an Internet definition of a word to prove a point instead of constructively using your intelligence, you already lost.

Not to mention the obvious lack of common sense in understanding the definition that you used. Ironical and amusing.

Anyways...
    ll_Rev wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I'll comment here as well.

When sorcs complained about shieldbreaker, the community pretty collectively told them to suck it up. Now oblivion damage sets affect everyone and they think it's OP.

Come talk to me when you get ambushed on your magsorc by three skilled stamblades wearing shieldbreaker.

No skilled nightblade would run shieldbreaker lmao

The first Nightblade to kill me with SB was literally Sypher, who was the king of meta Nightblades at the time.

Don't kid yourself, good players use crutch sets, too.

This. I always keep the set in my backpack just in case I run into some shield stacking or permablocking smartass.
    Edited by Nyladreas on May 31, 2018 1:05PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    MakoFore wrote: »
    wish there was a global cool down on receiving effects, as well as putting them out. its not the issue of taking 1 sloads- its 3 stacking. sload to the face like a load to the face
    Yeah that's right it's not OP. As a matter of fact I encourage you to use it since it will increase my survivability as a medium armor wearer. Here's the truth of the matter, Sloads is weak against non-cloak medium armored builds because we're used to undodgeable proc sets that rip through our health. Want to really destroy a medium armor build? Use Caluurion or Zaan. What Sloads is strong against are cloaking Nightblades, and play styles that rely on damage shields. Thinking about using Caluurion, Sloads' and Zaan/Skoria? Go right ahead. If you're going against a competent player like me you'll die first because you're not spec'd for resource management or survivability.

Damage shields is an untouched defense mechanic when it comes to abilities, and mist form is a better escape than both cloak and streak in most cases. Both of these defense mechanics are the most affected by Sload's and I say it's about time.

ZOS I would actually like to see more oblivion damage in PvE because if you think shields are strong in PvP they are way stronger in PvE.

So if you want to use a proc set; may I suggest thinking about what kind of opponent gives you a hard time, and spec accordingly.

As a disclaimer, if it were up to me I'd make it so no damaging proc sets affected players, and I would make snake blood (alchemy passive) reduce the potency of poisons applied on you in order to make this game as competitive and skill based as possible, but I'm not in change of balance. So we need to either adapt to the proc meta or continue raging. Your choice.

combine sloads with durogs bane master dual wield dagger and axe with drain poisons and zan's gg its cancer

Working as intended. This game isn’t about player skill anymore - it’s about who hardcounters what. Don’t run solo.

I would say item-optimization is apart of the term "skill". Failing to pick the right gear for the job shows lack of skill in my opinion.
    Back when the amount of proc-sets where a lot less than it is today it was all about stacking stats, which was incredibly boring. Personally don´t want to go back to that (I´m not implying certain sets doesn´t need re-balance). Proc-sets (both offensive and defensive ones) makes PvP more interesting and more fun.

No it’s not lol. Skill -> player skill.

Item optimization definitely played into the strengths of a player in the past. A good player made much better use of stat gear sets than others because they enhanced what a player was already capable of. They didn’t outright do the work for you.

However, this is no longer the case. Slot Sloads, or Shieldbreaker, or Skoria, etc on a tanky build and watch your armor sets do the work for you. Armor sets doing the work diminishes the need for player skill to be the vast majority of what decides an outcome. So in essence, what was once a bad player with no skill could barely hurt you. Due to powerful proc sets that do the work for them, these bad players are now on the level of what was once considered a “decent” player who can truly apply pressure.

Add in tons of nerfs to solo players overtime and RIP - that is why solo play is no longer a thing in Cyrodiil to any great effect like it once was. There is a reason Viper was nerfed. It looks like ZOS learned nothing from that.
    Skill:
    the ability to use one's knowledge effectively and readily in execution or performance
    Selecting the right gear for the job is a part of the term skill, not matter how cheap you might consider the tactic to be (as long as it´s not an exploit or a cheat).
    The next section is taken form an article that can be found here: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win
    Complaining that you don't want to do X in a game because "it doesn't take skill" is a common scrub complaint. The concept of "skill" is yet another excuse to add fictional rules and avoid making the best moves. Curiously, scrubs often talk about how they have skill whereas other players—very much including the ones who beat them flat out—do not have skill. This might be some sort of ego defense mechanism where people define "skill" as whatever subset of the game they're good at and then elevate that above actually trying to win.

I´m not defending sload, but this talk about "skill" is getting kind of meh....

If you need to use an Internet definition of a word to prove a point instead of constructively using your intelligence, you already lost.

Not to mention the obvious lack of common sense in understanding the definition that you used. Ironical and amusing.

Anyways...

When sorcs complained about shieldbreaker, the community pretty collectively told them to suck it up. Now oblivion damage sets affect everyone and they think it's OP.

Come talk to me when you get ambushed on your magsorc by three skilled stamblades wearing shieldbreaker.

The first Nightblade to kill me with SB was literally Sypher, who was the king of meta Nightblades at the time.

Don't kid yourself, good players use crutch sets, too.

This. I always keep the set in my backpack just in case I run into some shield stacking or permablocking smartass.

Only amusing thing is people crying for the lack of "skill" in a game without a competitive scene...
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't think sloads is a problem, then you know nothing about this gam'es mechanics.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭

lol oh now this game isn't about player skill anymore. This is the first patch that there are cheesy sets/mechanics to exploit
    Edited by Kolache on May 31, 2018 2:02PM
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades need to die more.
    BWAHAHA this got me bursting in a laugh in the middle of a subway train :D
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "But muh get out of jail free card"

Just seems like a lot of whiny NB + Sorcs to me.

I'm playing Stamblade atm in Cyro and I notice literally no difference at all. Got pulled out of stealth maybe twice by sloads - just purge it ffs!!
    Learn to adapt to the new sets / skills, stop playing last seasons meta and you'll be fine.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i agree, proc sets do provide interesting gameplay, but they desperately need to be balanced for what they are, especially sloads
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to see the Sload dmg double against targets in cloak and get cut in half against targets not in cloak. Make it for cloak what shieldbreaker is for shields.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Miat wears shield breaker and he is one of the best in the game.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Miat wears shield breaker and he is one of the best in the game.

I’m sorry man but this has got to be the funniest post I’ve read in a long time. It’s hilarious on so many levels. Well done, 10/10.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    BRCOURTN wrote: »
    I know a few streamers who now specifically target anyone they can tell is wearing sloads in battlegrounds now. They've explained their reasoning for not using it/wanting it nerfed is that they don't have fun playing against it, and it will take people away from PVP, which doesn't have a huge population anyways. I'll probably make a set on Xbox when it comes out, and I don't see it as something that'll make or break someone's opinion of their PVP experience. If anything, maybe newcomers will think "Oh a go-to set I can use for PVP" and they'll give it another shot.

Lol, streamers.. It's on the internet so it must be true.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I’d like to see the Sload dmg double against targets in cloak and get cut in half against targets not in cloak. Make it for cloak what shieldbreaker is for shields.

Ok but only if shieldbreaker also completely removed shields
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    I finally had a death where sloads showed up on the death recap. Pathetic damage.

5700 over 7 ticks

I doubt I will craft a set up anymore.

Clearly its all sorcs and NB whining about, probably well over half the pvp players represented there. Scrub talk is loud atm.

I had the same death recap. But then that followed a bleed which was followed by a double DMG poison and then a valkyn meteor on a Stam blade build.

Doesn't help 10 debuffs stacked, which required 2 purge casts and it still let the dots through.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, since we already have several topics open on this discussion, we have decided to close this one. Please feel free to continue the conversation here. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.