The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sloads is not OP

• Xirks
    Xirks
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, so because you don't know how to survive in pvp means taking away the MAIN mechanic of a nb? Sloads needs to be fixed.. ZOS loves to passively nerf nbs every patch and this one is the ultimate one.. They might as well just remove nb from game!
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    It isn't op of it isn't stackable from by different players. One sload's proc, and the second one should refresh duration. Also, sload's proc on cooldown is a nasty problem.
    Edited by Deep_01 on May 31, 2018 4:26AM
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    After playing all of last weekend in CP Cyrodiil, I do not think Sloads is OP for that environment. Starting last patch I've been running Purge on my non-cloak stamblade, and Sloads was hitting from 3--5k dmg on my death recaps. In no-CP I could see this being a real problem, but for CP PvP it seems okay & provides a counter to cloak.

The most potent thing I saw this weekend was the sorc combo involving rune cage & meteor. I saw sorcs nuking people with it, and I see more sorcs this patch, so they got a nice damage buff. Mag wardens could still use some buffs.

I don't think we should be nerfing anything just yet until we had more time with the changes. The one exception is proc sets should be relooked for no-CP PvP, especially Sloads.
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • kyler9987b16_ESO
    kyler9987b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone was running sloads last night in battle grounds. It was always the highest incoming dmg in every fight. When everyone is running it then you know it's op.

The biggest issue is it stacks from multiple people, there is zero counter play to it and zero skill involved for the person using it.

#nerfsloads
    Edited by kyler9987b16_ESO on May 31, 2018 6:39AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After playing all of last weekend in CP Cyrodiil, I do not think Sloads is OP for that environment. Starting last patch I've been running Purge on my non-cloak stamblade, and Sloads was hitting from 3--5k dmg on my death recaps. In no-CP I could see this being a real problem, but for CP PvP it seems okay & provides a counter to cloak.

The most potent thing I saw this weekend was the sorc combo involving rune cage & meteor. I saw sorcs nuking people with it, and I see more sorcs this patch, so they got a nice damage buff. Mag wardens could still use some buffs.

I don't think we should be nerfing anything just yet until we had more time with the changes. The one exception is proc sets should be relooked for no-CP PvP, especially Sloads.

Honestly just block proc sets in no CP. I’d even support a crafted gear only no CP environment (barring sloads).
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

As a disclaimer, if it were up to me I'd make it so no damaging proc sets affected players, and I would make snake blood (alchemy passive) reduce the potency of poisons applied on you in order to make this game as competitive and skill based as possible, but I'm not in change of balance. So we need to either adapt to the proc meta or continue raging. Your choice.

Liking the disclaimer
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this another issue of "how to trigger the forums in one sentence"? ^^

Eatin popcorn wanna join me

Sounds good to me! :wink:
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's right it's not OP. As a matter of fact I encourage you to use it since it will increase my survivability as a medium armor wearer. Here's the truth of the matter, Sloads is weak against non-cloak medium armored builds because we're used to undodgeable proc sets that rip through our health. Want to really destroy a medium armor build? Use Caluurion or Zaan. What Sloads is strong against are cloaking Nightblades, and play styles that rely on damage shields. Thinking about using Caluurion, Sloads' and Zaan/Skoria? Go right ahead. If you're going against a competent player like me you'll die first because you're not spec'd for resource management or survivability.

Damage shields is an untouched defense mechanic when it comes to abilities, and mist form is a better escape than both cloak and streak in most cases. Both of these defense mechanics are the most affected by Sload's and I say it's about time.

ZOS I would actually like to see more oblivion damage in PvE because if you think shields are strong in PvP they are way stronger in PvE.

So if you want to use a proc set; may I suggest thinking about what kind of opponent gives you a hard time, and spec accordingly.

If you struggle against medium armored builds then go with Skoria, Zaan or Caluurion.

If you struggle against cloaking Nightblades or magSorcs then go with Sloads.

If you struggle against magplars then go with Duroks, and use minor defile poisons.

Cheers, and may the proc be with you.

As a disclaimer, if it were up to me I'd make it so no damaging proc sets affected players, and I would make snake blood (alchemy passive) reduce the potency of poisons applied on you in order to make this game as competitive and skill based as possible, but I'm not in change of balance. So we need to either adapt to the proc meta or continue raging. Your choice.

combine sloads with durogs bane master dual wield dagger and axe with drain poisons and zan's gg its cancer
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »
    Yeah that's right it's not OP. As a matter of fact I encourage you to use it since it will increase my survivability as a medium armor wearer. Here's the truth of the matter, Sloads is weak against non-cloak medium armored builds because we're used to undodgeable proc sets that rip through our health. Want to really destroy a medium armor build? Use Caluurion or Zaan. What Sloads is strong against are cloaking Nightblades, and play styles that rely on damage shields. Thinking about using Caluurion, Sloads' and Zaan/Skoria? Go right ahead. If you're going against a competent player like me you'll die first because you're not spec'd for resource management or survivability.

Damage shields is an untouched defense mechanic when it comes to abilities, and mist form is a better escape than both cloak and streak in most cases. Both of these defense mechanics are the most affected by Sload's and I say it's about time.

ZOS I would actually like to see more oblivion damage in PvE because if you think shields are strong in PvP they are way stronger in PvE.

So if you want to use a proc set; may I suggest thinking about what kind of opponent gives you a hard time, and spec accordingly.

If you struggle against medium armored builds then go with Skoria, Zaan or Caluurion.

If you struggle against magplars then go with Duroks, and use minor defile poisons.

combine sloads with durogs bane master dual wield dagger and axe with drain poisons and zan's gg its cancer

Working as intended. This game isn’t about player skill anymore - it’s about who hardcounters what. Don’t run solo.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Working as intended. This game isn’t about player skill anymore - it’s about who hardcounters what. Don’t run solo.

I would say item-optimization is apart of the term "skill". Failing to pick the right gear for the job shows lack of skill in my opinion.
    Back when the amount of proc-sets where a lot less than it is today it was all about stacking stats, which was incredibly boring. Personally don´t want to go back to that (I´m not implying certain sets doesn´t need re-balance). Proc-sets (both offensive and defensive ones) makes PvP more interesting and more fun.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xirks wrote: »
    Lol, so because you don't know how to survive in pvp means taking away the MAIN mechanic of a nb? Sloads needs to be fixed.. ZOS loves to passively nerf nbs every patch and this one is the ultimate one.. They might as well just remove nb from game!

What the hell are you on about?

KiKvFcR.png

This was in a game with 3 SLOADS and 2 ZAANs present. I'm a STAMBLADE too.

Can you people stop? You people have no idea how this game even works. I'm doing just fine unless I'm directly outnumbered.

Use a different build, make one yourself - idc - just STOP thinking that copying stuff from Alcast or w/e will make you a pro.
    Edited by Nyladreas on May 31, 2018 8:40AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

KiKvFcR.png

Can you people stop? You people have no idea how this game even works. I'm doing just fine unless I'm directly outnumbered.

Use a different build, make one yourself - idc - just STOP thinking that copying stuff from Alcast or w/e will make you a pro.

Nice game. Going 30-0-23 probably says nothing about the sets and more about a vast difference in player skill though. Given this is BGs, you probably played against 2 really bad PuGs.

Besides, your caveat is part of the problem - most things are just fine unless „directly outnumbered“.
    Edited by Feanor on May 31, 2018 9:16AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I would say item-optimization is apart of the term "skill". Failing to pick the right gear for the job shows lack of skill in my opinion.
    Back when the amount of proc-sets where a lot less than it is today it was all about stacking stats, which was incredibly boring. Personally don´t want to go back to that (I´m not implying certain sets doesn´t need re-balance). Proc-sets (both offensive and defensive ones) makes PvP more interesting and more fun.

No it’s not lol. Skill -> player skill.

Item optimization definitely played into the strengths of a player in the past. A good player made much better use of stat gear sets than others because they enhanced what a player was already capable of. They didn’t outright do the work for you.

However, this is no longer the case. Slot Sloads, or Shieldbreaker, or Skoria, etc on a tanky build and watch your armor sets do the work for you. Armor sets doing the work diminishes the need for player skill to be the vast majority of what decides an outcome. So in essence, what was once a bad player with no skill could barely hurt you. Due to powerful proc sets that do the work for them, these bad players are now on the level of what was once considered a “decent” player who can truly apply pressure.

Add in tons of nerfs to solo players overtime and RIP - that is why solo play is no longer a thing in Cyrodiil to any great effect like it once was. There is a reason Viper was nerfed. It looks like ZOS learned nothing from that.

Edited by Vaoh on May 31, 2018 9:17AM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

KiKvFcR.png

I was getting these kind of scores before Summerset with nothing more than Hundings rage and bone pirate. And the highest scoring team I've seen was an all magsorc team. I guess we can only attribute to them being OP, and carried by their class rather than attribute to player skill right?
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on May 31, 2018 9:18AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

KiKvFcR.png

I was getting these kind of scores before Summerset with nothing more than Hundings rage and bone pirate. And the highest scoring team I've seen was an all magsorc team. I guess we can only attribute to them being OP, and carried by their class rather than attribute to player skill right?

Endless Fury
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

KiKvFcR.png

Nothing carries you more in BGs than a Procblade or stamnb in general.
    Edited by BohnT on May 31, 2018 9:24AM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

KiKvFcR.png

Nice game. Going 30-0-23 probably says nothing about the sets and more about a vast difference in player skill though. Given this is BGs, you probably played against 2 really bad PuGs.

Besides, your caveat is part of the problem - most things are just fine unless „directly outnumbered“.

KiKvFcR.png

You're all missing the point....

But hey you know what? I'm done. Keep whining and spamming forums or whatever i don't really care anymore.

I'n going back ingame and actually play.

Actually 1 more thing... To you saying "directly outnumbered" is the issue... I thought this was a team sport? Since when is this a solo game? Rethorical question.
    Edited by Nyladreas on May 31, 2018 9:48AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well played OP. Well played.

• Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like ZOS learned nothing from that.

Irony...
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use sloads. Lose out on other stats. Silly people.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    Use sloads. Lose out on other stats. Silly people.

No amount of stat bonuses on a set replace a 853 oblivion damage proc. You should know that by the point every dueling tryhard build is using Sloads over other sets.
    They care about winning nothing else and that's what sloads helps you more with than other sets
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish there was a global cool down on receiving effects, as well as putting them out. its not the issue of taking 1 sloads- its 3 stacking. sload to the face like a load to the face
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    Personaly i was thinking to mix my set a bit. (stamblade)

Sload 5 piece, Night's Silence 5 piece (dawnbreaker hurts btw) and Valkyn Skoria (Velidreth proc always happens at wrong time).

Of cose i could use the vampire + some damage set Or damage set + Accelerate (psijic). But bouth of them have a drawbacks.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Psijic+Order+Skills
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

No it’s not lol. Skill -> player skill.

Item optimization definitely played into the strengths of a player in the past. A good player made much better use of stat gear sets than others because they enhanced what a player was already capable of. They didn’t outright do the work for you.

However, this is no longer the case. Slot Sloads, or Shieldbreaker, or Skoria, etc on a tanky build and watch your armor sets do the work for you. Armor sets doing the work diminishes the need for player skill to be the vast majority of what decides an outcome. So in essence, what was once a bad player with no skill could barely hurt you. Due to powerful proc sets that do the work for them, these bad players are now on the level of what was once considered a “decent” player who can truly apply pressure.

Add in tons of nerfs to solo players overtime and RIP - that is why solo play is no longer a thing in Cyrodiil to any great effect like it once was. There is a reason Viper was nerfed. It looks like ZOS learned nothing from that.
    Skill:
    the ability to use one's knowledge effectively and readily in execution or performance
    Selecting the right gear for the job is a part of the term skill, not matter how cheap you might consider the tactic to be (as long as it´s not an exploit or a cheat).
    The next section is taken form an article that can be found here: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win
    Complaining that you don't want to do X in a game because "it doesn't take skill" is a common scrub complaint. The concept of "skill" is yet another excuse to add fictional rules and avoid making the best moves. Curiously, scrubs often talk about how they have skill whereas other players—very much including the ones who beat them flat out—do not have skill. This might be some sort of ego defense mechanism where people define "skill" as whatever subset of the game they're good at and then elevate that above actually trying to win.

I´m not defending sload, but this talk about "skill" is getting kind of meh....
    Edited by Qbiken on May 31, 2018 11:29AM
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it already said by Lexxy, alone its weak, but when you get 3-4 people (not necessary in the same team) using this set, no matter what class you are you're *** if you're in light armor or med, especially if those people stack together and such (even without Sloads I know)
    BUt overall personally I wouldnt nerf sloads, I'd change how oblivion damage works, and I mean it could would still do the same damage but would work like the new agony skill that it damages you and the opponent, so it could become a race who kill the other faster (and from a lore standpoint it could work thanks to how the residients of Oblivion offers help to Mortals who need it) :D
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ll_Rev wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I'll comment here as well.

When sorcs complained about shieldbreaker, the community pretty collectively told them to suck it up. Now oblivion damage sets affect everyone and they think it's OP.

Come talk to me when you get ambushed on your magsorc by three skilled stamblades wearing shieldbreaker.

No skilled nightblade would run shieldbreaker lmao

The first Nightblade to kill me with SB was literally Sypher, who was the king of meta Nightblades at the time.

Don't kid yourself, good players use crutch sets, too.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People that wear this set don't have b... guts, especially in BGs. Period.
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭

LoL, NB have never been in a better position and people still complaining.
    Stamblade top1 dps in pve, Magblade top1 magicka dps and both can perform really good in pvp.
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    People that wear this set don't have b... guts, especially in BGs. Period.

We are just being smart at killing. There is no reason to run into 4vs1 situations we cant win.

At least we can kill Dks now a bit easier.
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! Will be running sloads ! :)
This discussion has been closed.