The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.3 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Templar Balance

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    So next patch I’ll have a choice between frost staff and two hander instead of dual wield. Wonder which one

You can go 2h instead of dual wield right, but lightning staves also need to be considered when using jabs. They also count as 2 pieces, give additional 8% damage to your jabs, shards and reflective light and also provide now improved weaving damage.

Froststaff rather would be a replacement for sword and shield and definitely is useful together with ele drai extran as backbar weapon, just no spellwall ultimate tough.

What's better, infused shield giving 3k extra max mag or running dual weld for the 5% extra DMG done?

sry @Minno i dont understand your question about the infused shield....if you put a magicka glyph on an infused shield you roughly gain 1k magicka and dual wield not only provides 5% more extra damage, but also an increase of base spelldamage.

I was looking at my setup and with my max mag percents, I get 3k increase (from like 40030 or something).
    casparian wrote: »
    I think it's worth mentioning the new Shattering Rocks in this thread. In Summerset, here's how that ability will work:
    Shattering Rocks (Petrify morph): This morph has been redesigned so that when the stun ends, it causes the enemy’s next attack to heal their target.

In other words, it's essentially the good version of Total Dark now. It will be an undodgeable, unblockable stun (so an actual CC) that grants about the same amount of healing that Total Dark typically gets against non-scrub enemies (i.e., one attack's worth). The only advantage Total Dark has is its range. (No, Total Dark's damage return isn't an advantage over Shattering Rocks -- it's an attempt to make up for the fact that Total Dark isn't a real CC that allows me to damage the target while they're stunned. I think I safely speak for all Templars when I say we'd rather have a real CC.)

If Total Dark worked this way, magplars not in a group support role would be in a much better place. It's unclear to me why ZOS thinks that the Templar class either doesn't need or shouldn't have a skill like this.

There is advantage to Total Dark. The DK skill acutely prevents the DK from getting hit/damage with an attack!

And the Sorc AOE DMG from their armor will cause Eclipse to fire off if you get hit by a concussion proc from the lighting DMG.

Also DK's reflective plate will cause Eclipse to fire off on him if you use a ranged spamable lol.

I guess the one thing magplar is still good at is pissing in DKs cheerios.

Sadly not wardens. Try using eclipse on a stamden running shimmering shield and let me know how that turns out lol

Are we just creating ultimate batteries?

On a side note there, I just wish shalks was easier to see in a larger battle. Especially when its coming through LOS.
    Options
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being a Templar main since I've started playing this game (mostly stam), here's my feedback for the whole Templar class, skill by skill. I got very tired while compiling this so please forgive any blunders.

1. Aedric Spear

1.1 Radial Sweep
    What I would change in this skill is: removing the "pulse dot" and bundling it into the base sweep. That would give templar a bit more burst and make the whole ultimate scale on direct damage instead of being part-direct part dot. OR I would attach the dot to enemies that are hit, like Dawnbreaker. Currently, for the ultimate to deal its full damage, you need to stay "glued" on your enemy.

1.1.1 Empowering Sweep
    I see no problems here, nice mitigation tool with some reward for using when crowded. Useful for tanks.

1.1.2 Crescent Sweep
    It would be a nice change if it snared or even knocked down enemies in front of you, the current passives of Aedric Spear just don't justify slotting this over Dawnbreaker (+3% weapon damage and stun with extra burst OR +8% weapon damage, +20% damage against undead, WW and daedra)

1.2 Puncturing Strikes
    Despite being one of the class defining skills for Templar, I find it particularly lackluster. Its a channel, so it feels slow and clunky and doesn't help with weaving. CP scaling seems to still be bugged so thats a priority for this skill. It has a 1.1 cast time where you cant do anything without canceling your channel. The snare is applied on the last hit, which helps with follow-up but eh... Not that much really.
    What I would change: Move the snare into the INITIAL hit. That would help the whole combo to hit unless the target is immune to snares. Also, that would be a little controversial but the cast time could be entirely removed, make the skill instant with the spear hitting in front of you without locking your character into a channel. Testing would be needed to see if that wouldn't make the skill too OP.
    Another idea could be just reworking the skill, make it deal a single, instant blow, with every cast that hits something adds one stack to this skill, making it deal more damage, capping at some value (like, lets say, +30% damage). It would work a bit like Bow's "Hawk Eye" passive, rewarding sequential and fast strikes. The time for all stacks to fall off would be like 10 seconds, since differently from light attacks, this skill would actually cost resources to maintain.

1.2.1 Biting Jabs
    Nothing not covered in main skill's feedback.

1.2.2 Puncturing Sweep

1.3 Piercing Javelin
    Ah, our lovely and only hard CC... Shame it sucks though. Echoing what most templar players here said, this skill actually hurts our damage, since it takes enemies out of reach from our sweeps/jabs. The stun is very short, could be something like 2.5 seconds base. The skill is not that bursty from what I remember the few time I've used it, so a longer stun wouldn't make the skill OP.
    Make the skill a knockdown or stun instead of knock-back, then we'll talk.
    1.3.1 Aurora Javelin
    "Deals up to 40% more damage based on the distance the spear travels". But templar's damage and play-style is mostly melee. So not only we need to throw the spear at a very distant target to deal more damage, that skill also takes the enemy even farther from us.
    I would rework this skill. Make the spear stay lodged on the enemy for 3 seconds, and making them pulse each second with a AOE damage on themselves and other enemies. The animation could be the one templars have with "Radial Sweep" (light pulse).
    1.3.2 Binding Javelin
    Scales with stamina and stuns for longer. Not good honestly. I would remove the extra stun duration (and add it to the base skill) and add a same duration root to the knockdown/stun, it would make the skill the "Stamplar's Petrify", that would make it a powerful CC since it would be needed to break free and roll dodge of purge the root, enough time to deal some punishment.

1.4 Focused Charge
    I really don't know whats wrong with this skills animation, maybe its that little jump at the end, or some z-axis stuff? Fact about this skill is: very hard to use and very easy to bug. 20% of the time you don't go anywhere, and 10% you go into hyper-space at a loading screen. Take a look at this skills coding and animation to make it more reliable, especially in rough terrain. And please remove the minimum distance required, it makes the skill kinda useless when we are at melee range.
    1.4.1 Explosive Charge
    Hardly any magplar uses this morph, strong candidate for a rework (or even stam morph). Make it a ground targeted move, and reduce the castable range a bit to like 20 or even 15 meters. You land at the spot marked instead of enemy, interrupting any casting enemies in a 8 meters radius (up from 5, on par with DK's "Inhale"). That would make it a decent mobility tool, a stacking cost may be necessary like Sorcerer's "Bolt Escape"
    1.4.2 Toppling Charge

1.5 Spear Shards
    Another class defining skill, especially for healers (targeted, fast sustain). The base skill itself is okay IMO.
    1.5.1 Luminous Shards
    Nothing to add here, I find it a useful tool.
    1.5.2 Blazing Spear
    Lots and lots and lots and lots of templars disagree on the CC removal of Blazing Spear, either give it back or turn Piercing Javelin into a more usful CC (my thoughts on that skill above).

1.6 Sun Shield
    Health scaling shields arent really that hot. Even tanks dont find them that much attractive, DK's mainly spam "Obsidian Shield" for stamina return and a little ally protection. Magplar's main defense in PVP is healing, but Defiles are handed down like candy nowadays so... I would make sun shield scale with max magicka, maybe even with lower scaling that Sorcerer's shields, and see what happens. People may argue that would make "healbots" unbearable, but this skill is not cheap at all. Not sure if a "healbot" can sustain keeping this shield up.
    1.6.1 Radiant Ward
    This would be the health-scaling shield for tanks, keep the skill mostly the same, reduced cost and all. But with a nice twist that would help templar tanks: when the shield dissolves, restores its cost to the highest max resource (so it would return stamina if your max stam is higher, for example) based on how much the shield was depleted before expiring. If the shield is broken by damage, it refunds immediately. I would cap the restore to like 80% of its cost. That would reward tanks for using this skill before a damage spike.
    1.6.2 Blazing Shield
    Instead of exploding at the end, I would make that each ranged direct hit on this shield returns a magic-based damage projectile, much like wardens "Crystallized Slab".

1.7 Piercing Spear
    "Increases your Critical Damage done and your damage against blocking targets by 5%/10% while you have an Aedric Spear ability slotted."
    Damage focused passive for PVP and PVE, increasing critical damage done and damage against blocking targets. Instead of dealing more damage to a blocking target (damage that would be pitiful anyway, especially against tanks on PVP), I would alter the passive that a Aedric Spear skill hit against a blocking target increases their blocking cost by, lets say, 5%/10% for 3 seconds, without cooldown, so that would favor pressuring enemies out of block since we have no hard cc that goes through it.

1.8 Spear Wall
    "Increases the amount of damage you can block from melee attacks by 7%/15% while you have an Aedric Spear ability slotted.". As many other have said, remove the skill slotted requirement, DK's can block all kind of damage with "Iron Skin" and Templars block more, but only specific melee damage, seems balanced.

1.9 Burning Light
    "When you deal damage with an Aedric Spear ability, you have a 25% chance to deal an additional 518/1037 Physical Damage or 518/1036 Magic Damage, whichever is higher. This effect can occur once every 0.5 seconds.". Again echoing great templar players out there: Make the cooldown per enemy, and 1s.

1.A (Yes, went hexadecimal here, sorry) Balanced Warrior
    "Increases your Weapon Damage by 3%/6% and Spell Resistance by 1320/2640."
    Well, at least one passive is useful for stamplars, yay! That doesnt mean I'm perfectly fine with it. Some people suggested that it should give both Spell Damage, Weapon Damage, Spell Resistance and Physical Resistance. IMO That would make the passive too overloaded and powerful. My take on this passive would be:
    "Increases your Weapon Damage or Spell Damage by 3%/6%, whichever is higher. Increases Spell Resistance or Physical Resistance by 1320/2640, whichever is lower."
    That would make the passive useful for all templars, still keeping the buff count at 2.

2.Dawn's Wrath

2.1 Nova
    Nice and nifty skill for damage mitigation. Base skill is fine IMO.
    2.1.1 Solar Prison
    We could make this more useful for DPS with a little change. After the synergy is used, all other ticks from Solar Prison get increased damage. That would reward fast response of allies.
    2.1.2 Solar Disturbance
    Seems aimed for mobile fights, even with summerset buff, it seems not enough, people will just get out and purge the maim. I would change it to a targeted that lands the Solar Disturbance on one enemy, and it would follow that enemy like destro's "Eye of the Storm", applying a 30% snare (down from 65, since its mobile now) and Major Maim to said enemy and every other on radius every second for 4 seconds, also the Solar Disturbance would not be purgeable, but it could be countered by a well placed Negate. One ally on melee range of that enemy could activate "Supernova" as normmal. That would be good for highly mobile PVP battles or even some more hectic PVE battles (placing it on the boss and stacking the adds around it), also good for splitting someone from his/her zerg or countering ball groups running Eye of the Storm.

2.2 Sun Fire
    I see no problems with this skill or its morphs. I'm not a magplar expert though, so if any magplar out there want something changed here, I'll gladly edit it here.

2.3 Solar Flare
    Ugh, cast times. Empower is getting nerfed, so we could have a nice look at this skill. Since DK's "Empowering Chains", instant gap closer is getting 2 empower stacks, could we please have 2 stacks here too? It deals high damage, but cannot self empower anymore and has a cast time and sloooow projectile travel time.
    2.3.1 Dark Flare
    As you said you would, make the Major Defile debuff undodgeable, and the skill seems OK for now. Further adjustments may be needed but nothing urgent i guess.
    2.3.2 Solar Barrage
    I appreciate the rework, a little bit better than the old Solar Barrage but not enough. Remove the cast time even if a damage reduction is needed for doing so. It disrupts PVE rotations (that will benefit the most from empower anyway) and doesn't add anything for PVP, so I would remove the cast time (with or without damage nerf) and make it scale like "Flames of Oblivion", from your highest stat, still dealing magic damage. Could be useful for some stamplars.

2.4 Backlash
    The base skill seems OK to me, one of the few damage

2.5 Eclipse
    It seems like ZOs can't find a good place for this skill. It looks mostly okay with punishing direct attackers, it just needs to have its bugs looked at (CC immunity when purged, etc).
    2.5.1 Total Dark
    I'm okay with this morph, adds to the defend and punish theme.
    2.5.2 Unstable Core
    Thats what I would change. As @Cinbri said, "Enduring Rays" passive works now against this skills DPS. So I would make it different on the bomb. I would make the damage be scaled for every second of remaining duration at the moment its "broken free of", so if base damage is 1000, a 6 second Unstable Core would deal 6k (simplest multiplication for the sake of example, you can apply any balancing on this calculation here) to the enemy if he immediately breaks free. So a smart player should wait a bit for the damage to become manageable before breaking free, or purge (imo purge should not set the bomb off), while a smart templar would try to follow up Unstable Core with a hard CC to force the enemy to break the bubble with the other CC to burst them down.

2.6 Radiant Destruction
    First, as @Cinbri said, remove the empty cast timer on the skill, making it a bit faster. And fix the bug that makes the Templar get stuck channeling the beam on a dead corpse. The morphs seem OK to me.

2.7 Enduring Rays
    I dont know. Really don't like passives that don't benefit the whole tree. Cant we add those 2 seconds to Backlash secondary effects too? 8 seconds of debuffs, 8 seconds for collecting damage. 8 seconds of healing pool. I dont see any problems. As for Radiant Destruction, 2 seconds of channel would be too much, so maybe a little other buff to the skill like "Radiant leaves a small dot on the enemy for 3 seconds" just so the passive would not feel useless to its own skill.

2.8 Prism
    Seems ok to me. On par with other classes.

2.9 Illuminate

2.A Restoring Spirit
    A small increase to 3%/6% would be nice and help especially stamplar's botched sustain.

3. Restoring Light

3.1 Rite of Passage
    The base skill is very strong, even while it disables you, OK to me.
    3.1.1 Rememberance
    Im with @Cinbri again on this. This morph should not disable the caster anymore, warden's ultimates and even resto ultimate are much stronger than this morph.
    3.1.2 Practiced Incantation
    Keep as it is, its strong for group healing.

3.2 Rushed Ceremony
    Oh "healbots", what have you done to this skill... Its been nerfed over and over and over. We should take a look at Warden's "Fungal Growth" and see how its much better even as a self burst heal. Fungal always will heal you, and as a bonus heal all allies in a not-that-tight cone in front of you. And when morphed will either heal you more of apply regen buffs to anyone healed. While Rushed Ceremony can end up healing some random person who's in worse situation than you are and you end up dead because your healing skill decided to be "smart" and not save you.
    Fixes needed: Fix that animation bug that makes the caster be briefly rooted while casting this skill.
    What I would change: Make the cone a little tighter than what it is now (but still wider than warden's, since no buffs attached) and heal everyone on that cone.
    3.2.1 Honor The Dead
    Nice buff on recovery. But I would make this skill what "Dragon Blood" is for DK's or "Dark Cloak" is for NB's, a tanking heal based on health (so no cone). So I would start by healing 20% of our max health immediately and 10% as a heal over time. AND instead of restoring the ability cost as magicka, restores it as your highest max resource, again helping templar tanks to hold block.
    3.2.2 Breath of Life
    The extra heal goes outside the cone so its OK to me.

3.3 Healing Ritual
    I want to see *** the changes to "the clap" pan out before making any other comments.

3.4 Restoring Aura
    Tbh, i like the old restoring aura much more, I know major recoveries are common buffs, but so is minor magickasteal. Especially since rarely you need to apply it on more than one enemy, and "Elemental Drain" does that job pretty nicely, also being free and applying major breach.
    I would change it to: Applies Major Endurance, Major Intellect and Major Fortitude to all allies in the 12 meter radius for 10 seconds, and applies the same minor buffs to these allies but for 15 seconds. There is a powerful resource management tool for everyone that doesnt chug pots on cooldown.
    3.4.1 Radiant Aura
    I would keep the range increase, with the base changes.
    3.4.2 Repentance
    This skill needs a rework. Making stamplars compete for bodies is beyond absurd and hurts the very core of Templar's supportive role. I would make it an AOE that is targeted casted on the ground like caltrops, dealing low damage (and snaring by Sacred Ground passive) and restoring x stamina to the caster each time it deals damage, with 1 second cooldown. Give it a low cost that is compensated by its recovery (see NB's leeching strikes for reference).

3.5 Cleansing Ritual
    Not a healer/magplar expert so I would leave it to you guys.

3.6 Rune Focus
    Make the buff stick with the caster, its a QoL update that will make many Templar's throw their hands in the air and praise the sun \[T]/
    As much as I would be tempted to add a stamina restore to Restoring Focus, remember that this skill already gives you Major Resolve, Major Ward, Minor Protection, Minor Vitality and Minor Mending (by Sacred Ground passive). I would not like to overload the skill.

3.7 Mending
    Could see a little increase, a 12% increased heal wont save a near-death ally easily

3.8 Sacred Ground
    The passive is OK if we count that it still needs to affect ourselves even while Rune Focus is not a circle anymore. So mobile minor mending.

3.9 Light Weaver
    Ugh, again those passives that doesn't help the whole skill line, sacred ground also does not buff 100% of the skills, but the Rune Focus QoL does enough to compensate for it. If you're keeping those passives locked, please make them more useful. I would add a 3 flat seconds to Restoring Aura (and Repentance), Minor Heroism to all allies under 60% healed by Healing Ritual for 6 seconds, and Major Heroism instead if the ally was under 25% health. Keep the Rite of Passage passive.

3.A Master Ritualist
    I really dont know what to do with this passive, leaving to you guys again.

I would prefer sweeps keep it's channel some of us use this

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Light+of+Cyrodiil+Set
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another reason why Focus should be bound to target is because current mechanic vary is usability of skill too much. It creates spikes from being very weak to being too strong, preventing from buffing this mechanic to not make it too OP:
    It properly work with skills like wardens Corrupting Fields: apply debuff that reapply every 4 sec, it means when enemy leaving field, he wont get rid immediately from debuff but being affected by it for 4sec, it allow to not use skill right after enemy left but. But for Rune Focus 8sec after leaving means - skill buffs will be attached to caster most of time for 8sec when overall skill duration is 18sec, means majority of skill time duration those buffs wont be applayable. For Restoring Focus it means both major and minor buffs will have less than 50% uptime (most of time as morphs used by stamplars for whom movement is way to survive), while for Channeled Focus it means that both major buffs will be also with less than 50% uptime while morph effect will barely repay itself: 240x8=1920-1080base cost=840 mana win for using sustain skill.
    ^^It is weak for skill, but also skill cant be buffed with "grant more duration after leaving rune", because to make it wont be possible to add this duration to max duration of skill. Even with current 8sec mechanic high spike of skill effectiveness you can stand still in rune and for 8sec after skill ended it still will apply buffs, for Channeled it means - 18sec of skill - 4320mana, while another 8sec means another 1920mana, making combine 6240 for 1080 cost. And so buffing those 8 sec for longer affect to, example 12sec will add 960mana for highest spike.
    ^^Make highest spikes too big, preventing its buff while lowest spike still wont work for full 18sec of skill duration.
    Regarding uptime, check @caeliusstarbreaker video channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQLoEQhXKV4am8Ip7esQ2wg and see typical uptime of Restoring Focus - it incredibly low, like 20%, and not even worth skill to be slotted in pvp.

Nova/Solar Disturbance: I afraid that change to SD to fight mobile groups wont differentiate morphs for pve-pvp, nor will make it better for small-scale/solo pvp, but only make Disturbance to be uncomparable bis morph. Because Solar Prison wont benefit in pve anymore even with 3xharmony, as skill used mostly by healers who wont deal high damage by synergy tooltip anyway, in pvp it don't have nor hard/soft cc to be usefull for solo nor benefit in mobile fights, and best usage will be 3xharmony for bomb groups with dedicated synergy spammer to activate synergy, that is stronger on this morph.
    And now Disturbance: apply maim for 6sec after enemy leave area wont make it any more viable in mobile fights in pvp for which apparently this morph was changed to differentiate morphs pve/pvp, but in pve it will be huge buff - for static boss fights it is healers use this ult and thus damage portion of it or its synergy has no effect but only effect it used for is major maim debuff and on this morph effect reapplayable every sec for 6sec, it means that duration of debuff on boss will be from 10sec into 16sec. Means that when 2 nova used - duration of maim will be from 20sec into 32sec. <--there is absolutely no reason to use other morph anymore.
    Recap: that change didn't made Disturbance better for pvp, while Prison for pve. It only made it no-brainer choice for majority of fights where ult was used. This change not work for what it suppose to do...
    So, to differentiate morphs, to make Prison for pve/raid pvp, while Disturbance for small-scale pvp - make Disturbance attached to caster like warden frost ult. Just change visual effect of glowing Templar while those floating rocks around. With such change - it will be used in small-scale pvp and be fully portable while wont work great in pve as healer ult coz healers always on backline and wont stand that close to bosses to proc maim; while Prison will be used in raid pvp/pve as it can be used on distance in pve and in raid pvp 3xharmony will benefit for bombing.
    If compare such morph to warden frost ult:
    Frost ult: aoe with snare and unblockable cc/max mana, major protection for allies.
    Nova: aoe with twice damage, major maim for enemies. <-- even now it uncomparable weaker while cost 50ult more.
    So, additional effect can be the old one - snare enemies inside or better - this morph will no longer have synnergy so transfer synnergy to base mechanic and make it blockable aoe stun to keep it as burst CC+dot ult. Or just keep it as portable aoe with maim but with 200 cost, etc.

Solar Barrage - while Spear Shards is not that great damage skill, Sollar Barrage still even worse.
    It makes Blazing on my unupdate template - 13771 over sec, or ~28881 while spammed every sec for 9sec without calculating dot damage, while being ranged with proc burning light, dot and being long range.
    While Solar Barrage with 4 ticks is 13352 over 9sec. Cant be recasted without reseting skill, only melee, unlike Shards dot it can be blocked, doesn't deal instant damage while empower buff can be wasted upon fighting ranged opponent and all this with 1.1sec cast time.
    In Templar arsenal it still not worth to slot Barrage over Shards nor in pve nor in pvp. So, I ask once again to remove cast time, in exchange to reduce amount of ticks to base 2, means that buffed by Enduring Rays Barrage will be 3ticks with 3 empower. It will make Barrage to fill role of dps skill in pve and buff Templar dps, while in pvp it will differentiate Shards to support/ground aoe damage, while Barrage - full damage oriented portable aoe.
    @ZOS_Wrobel
    Edited by Cinbri on April 25, 2018 5:57PM
    Options
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering I still see about 2 wardens a week in Cyro ( including mine if and when he gets out of the stable ) that seems like a non-issue to me.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering I still see about 2 wardens a week in Cyro ( including mine if and when he gets out of the stable ) that seems like a non-issue to me.

Seriously? I see them all over the place. Some ball groups include shalk spammers mixed with spin to winners.
    Options
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being a Templar main since I've started playing this game (mostly stam), here's my feedback for the whole Templar class, skill by skill. I got very tired while compiling this so please forgive any blunders.

1. Aedric Spear

1.1 Radial Sweep
    What I would change in this skill is: removing the "pulse dot" and bundling it into the base sweep. That would give templar a bit more burst and make the whole ultimate scale on direct damage instead of being part-direct part dot. OR I would attach the dot to enemies that are hit, like Dawnbreaker. Currently, for the ultimate to deal its full damage, you need to stay "glued" on your enemy.

1.1.1 Empowering Sweep
    I see no problems here, nice mitigation tool with some reward for using when crowded. Useful for tanks.

1.1.2 Crescent Sweep
    It would be a nice change if it snared or even knocked down enemies in front of you, the current passives of Aedric Spear just don't justify slotting this over Dawnbreaker (+3% weapon damage and stun with extra burst OR +8% weapon damage, +20% damage against undead, WW and daedra)

1.2 Puncturing Strikes
    Despite being one of the class defining skills for Templar, I find it particularly lackluster. Its a channel, so it feels slow and clunky and doesn't help with weaving. CP scaling seems to still be bugged so thats a priority for this skill. It has a 1.1 cast time where you cant do anything without canceling your channel. The snare is applied on the last hit, which helps with follow-up but eh... Not that much really.
    What I would change: Move the snare into the INITIAL hit. That would help the whole combo to hit unless the target is immune to snares. Also, that would be a little controversial but the cast time could be entirely removed, make the skill instant with the spear hitting in front of you without locking your character into a channel. Testing would be needed to see if that wouldn't make the skill too OP.
    Another idea could be just reworking the skill, make it deal a single, instant blow, with every cast that hits something adds one stack to this skill, making it deal more damage, capping at some value (like, lets say, +30% damage). It would work a bit like Bow's "Hawk Eye" passive, rewarding sequential and fast strikes. The time for all stacks to fall off would be like 10 seconds, since differently from light attacks, this skill would actually cost resources to maintain.

1.2.1 Biting Jabs

1.2.2 Puncturing Sweep

1.3 Piercing Javelin
    Ah, our lovely and only hard CC... Shame it sucks though. Echoing what most templar players here said, this skill actually hurts our damage, since it takes enemies out of reach from our sweeps/jabs. The stun is very short, could be something like 2.5 seconds base. The skill is not that bursty from what I remember the few time I've used it, so a longer stun wouldn't make the skill OP.
    1.3.1 Aurora Javelin
    "Deals up to 40% more damage based on the distance the spear travels". But templar's damage and play-style is mostly melee. So not only we need to throw the spear at a very distant target to deal more damage, that skill also takes the enemy even farther from us.
    I would rework this skill. Make the spear stay lodged on the enemy for 3 seconds, and making them pulse each second with a AOE damage on themselves and other enemies. The animation could be the one templars have with "Radial Sweep" (light pulse).
    1.3.2 Binding Javelin
    Scales with stamina and stuns for longer. Not good honestly. I would remove the extra stun duration (and add it to the base skill) and add a same duration root to the knockdown/stun, it would make the skill the "Stamplar's Petrify", that would make it a powerful CC since it would be needed to break free and roll dodge of purge the root, enough time to deal some punishment.

1.4 Focused Charge
    I really don't know whats wrong with this skills animation, maybe its that little jump at the end, or some z-axis stuff? Fact about this skill is: very hard to use and very easy to bug. 20% of the time you don't go anywhere, and 10% you go into hyper-space at a loading screen. Take a look at this skills coding and animation to make it more reliable, especially in rough terrain. And please remove the minimum distance required, it makes the skill kinda useless when we are at melee range.
    1.4.1 Explosive Charge
    Hardly any magplar uses this morph, strong candidate for a rework (or even stam morph). Make it a ground targeted move, and reduce the castable range a bit to like 20 or even 15 meters. You land at the spot marked instead of enemy, interrupting any casting enemies in a 8 meters radius (up from 5, on par with DK's "Inhale"). That would make it a decent mobility tool, a stacking cost may be necessary like Sorcerer's "Bolt Escape"
    1.4.2 Toppling Charge

1.5 Spear Shards
    Another class defining skill, especially for healers (targeted, fast sustain). The base skill itself is okay IMO.
    1.5.1 Luminous Shards
    1.5.2 Blazing Spear
    Lots and lots and lots and lots of templars disagree on the CC removal of Blazing Spear, either give it back or turn Piercing Javelin into a more usful CC (my thoughts on that skill above).

1.6 Sun Shield
    Health scaling shields arent really that hot. Even tanks dont find them that much attractive, DK's mainly spam "Obsidian Shield" for stamina return and a little ally protection. Magplar's main defense in PVP is healing, but Defiles are handed down like candy nowadays so... I would make sun shield scale with max magicka, maybe even with lower scaling that Sorcerer's shields, and see what happens. People may argue that would make "healbots" unbearable, but this skill is not cheap at all. Not sure if a "healbot" can sustain keeping this shield up.
    1.6.1 Radiant Ward
    This would be the health-scaling shield for tanks, keep the skill mostly the same, reduced cost and all. But with a nice twist that would help templar tanks: when the shield dissolves, restores its cost to the highest max resource (so it would return stamina if your max stam is higher, for example) based on how much the shield was depleted before expiring. If the shield is broken by damage, it refunds immediately. I would cap the restore to like 80% of its cost. That would reward tanks for using this skill before a damage spike.
    1.6.2 Blazing Shield
    Instead of exploding at the end, I would make that each ranged direct hit on this shield returns a magic-based damage projectile, much like wardens "Crystallized Slab".

1.7 Piercing Spear
    "Increases your Critical Damage done and your damage against blocking targets by 5%/10% while you have an Aedric Spear ability slotted."
    Damage focused passive for PVP and PVE, increasing critical damage done and damage against blocking targets. Instead of dealing more damage to a blocking target (damage that would be pitiful anyway, especially against tanks on PVP), I would alter the passive that a Aedric Spear skill hit against a blocking target increases their blocking cost by, lets say, 5%/10% for 3 seconds, without cooldown, so that would favor pressuring enemies out of block since we have no hard cc that goes through it.

1.8 Spear Wall
    "Increases the amount of damage you can block from melee attacks by 7%/15% while you have an Aedric Spear ability slotted.". As many other have said, remove the skill slotted requirement, DK's can block all kind of damage with "Iron Skin" and Templars block more, but only specific melee damage, seems balanced.

1.9 Burning Light
    "When you deal damage with an Aedric Spear ability, you have a 25% chance to deal an additional 518/1037 Physical Damage or 518/1036 Magic Damage, whichever is higher. This effect can occur once every 0.5 seconds.". Again echoing great templar players out there: Make the cooldown per enemy, and 1s.

Well, at least one passive is useful for stamplars, yay! That doesnt mean I'm perfectly fine with it. Some people suggested that it should give both Spell Damage, Weapon Damage, Spell Resistance and Physical Resistance. IMO That would make the passive too overloaded and powerful. My take on this passive would be:
    "Increases your Weapon Damage or Spell Damage by 3%/6%, whichever is higher. Increases Spell Resistance or Physical Resistance by 1320/2640, whichever is lower."
    That would make the passive useful for all templars, still keeping the buff count at 2.

2.Dawn's Wrath

2.1 Nova
    2.1.1 Solar Prison
    We could make this more useful for DPS with a little change. After the synergy is used, all other ticks from Solar Prison get increased damage. That would reward fast response of allies.
    2.1.2 Solar Disturbance
    Seems aimed for mobile fights, even with summerset buff, it seems not enough, people will just get out and purge the maim. I would change it to a targeted that lands the Solar Disturbance on one enemy, and it would follow that enemy like destro's "Eye of the Storm", applying a 30% snare (down from 65, since its mobile now) and Major Maim to said enemy and every other on radius every second for 4 seconds, also the Solar Disturbance would not be purgeable, but it could be countered by a well placed Negate. One ally on melee range of that enemy could activate "Supernova" as normmal. That would be good for highly mobile PVP battles or even some more hectic PVE battles (placing it on the boss and stacking the adds around it), also good for splitting someone from his/her zerg or countering ball groups running Eye of the Storm.

2.2 Sun Fire
    I see no problems with this skill or its morphs. I'm not a magplar expert though, so if any magplar out there want something changed here, I'll gladly edit it here.

2.3 Solar Flare
    Ugh, cast times. Empower is getting nerfed, so we could have a nice look at this skill. Since DK's "Empowering Chains", instant gap closer is getting 2 empower stacks, could we please have 2 stacks here too? It deals high damage, but cannot self empower anymore and has a cast time and sloooow projectile travel time.
    2.3.1 Dark Flare
    As you said you would, make the Major Defile debuff undodgeable, and the skill seems OK for now. Further adjustments may be needed but nothing urgent i guess.
    2.3.2 Solar Barrage
    I appreciate the rework, a little bit better than the old Solar Barrage but not enough. Remove the cast time even if a damage reduction is needed for doing so. It disrupts PVE rotations (that will benefit the most from empower anyway) and doesn't add anything for PVP, so I would remove the cast time (with or without damage nerf) and make it scale like "Flames of Oblivion", from your highest stat, still dealing magic damage. Could be useful for some stamplars.

2.4 Backlash

2.5 Eclipse
    It seems like ZOs can't find a good place for this skill. It looks mostly okay with punishing direct attackers, it just needs to have its bugs looked at (CC immunity when purged, etc).
    2.5.1 Total Dark
    2.5.2 Unstable Core
    Thats what I would change. As @Cinbri said, "Enduring Rays" passive works now against this skills DPS. So I would make it different on the bomb. I would make the damage be scaled for every second of remaining duration at the moment its "broken free of", so if base damage is 1000, a 6 second Unstable Core would deal 6k (simplest multiplication for the sake of example, you can apply any balancing on this calculation here) to the enemy if he immediately breaks free. So a smart player should wait a bit for the damage to become manageable before breaking free, or purge (imo purge should not set the bomb off), while a smart templar would try to follow up Unstable Core with a hard CC to force the enemy to break the bubble with the other CC to burst them down.

2.6 Radiant Destruction
    First, as @Cinbri said, remove the empty cast timer on the skill, making it a bit faster. And fix the bug that makes the Templar get stuck channeling the beam on a dead corpse. The morphs seem OK to me.

2.7 Enduring Rays
    I dont know. Really don't like passives that don't benefit the whole tree. Cant we add those 2 seconds to Backlash secondary effects too? 8 seconds of debuffs, 8 seconds for collecting damage. 8 seconds of healing pool. I dont see any problems. As for Radiant Destruction, 2 seconds of channel would be too much, so maybe a little other buff to the skill like "Radiant leaves a small dot on the enemy for 3 seconds" just so the passive would not feel useless to its own skill.

2.8 Prism

2.9 Illuminate

2.A Restoring Spirit
    A small increase to 3%/6% would be nice and help especially stamplar's botched sustain.

3. Restoring Light

3.1 Rite of Passage
    3.1.1 Rememberance
    Im with @Cinbri again on this. This morph should not disable the caster anymore, warden's ultimates and even resto ultimate are much stronger than this morph.

3.2 Rushed Ceremony
    Oh "healbots", what have you done to this skill... Its been nerfed over and over and over. We should take a look at Warden's "Fungal Growth" and see how its much better even as a self burst heal. Fungal always will heal you, and as a bonus heal all allies in a not-that-tight cone in front of you. And when morphed will either heal you more of apply regen buffs to anyone healed. While Rushed Ceremony can end up healing some random person who's in worse situation than you are and you end up dead because your healing skill decided to be "smart" and not save you.
    Fixes needed: Fix that animation bug that makes the caster be briefly rooted while casting this skill.
    What I would change: Make the cone a little tighter than what it is now (but still wider than warden's, since no buffs attached) and heal everyone on that cone.
    3.2.1 Honor The Dead
    Nice buff on recovery. But I would make this skill what "Dragon Blood" is for DK's or "Dark Cloak" is for NB's, a tanking heal based on health (so no cone). So I would start by healing 20% of our max health immediately and 10% as a heal over time. AND instead of restoring the ability cost as magicka, restores it as your highest max resource, again helping templar tanks to hold block.
    3.2.2 Breath of Life

3.3 Healing Ritual
    I want to see *** the changes to "the clap" pan out before making any other comments.

3.4 Restoring Aura
    Tbh, i like the old restoring aura much more, I know major recoveries are common buffs, but so is minor magickasteal. Especially since rarely you need to apply it on more than one enemy, and "Elemental Drain" does that job pretty nicely, also being free and applying major breach.
    I would change it to: Applies Major Endurance, Major Intellect and Major Fortitude to all allies in the 12 meter radius for 10 seconds, and applies the same minor buffs to these allies but for 15 seconds. There is a powerful resource management tool for everyone that doesnt chug pots on cooldown.
    3.4.1 Radiant Aura
    3.4.2 Repentance
    This skill needs a rework. Making stamplars compete for bodies is beyond absurd and hurts the very core of Templar's supportive role. I would make it an AOE that is targeted casted on the ground like caltrops, dealing low damage (and snaring by Sacred Ground passive) and restoring x stamina to the caster each time it deals damage, with 1 second cooldown. Give it a low cost that is compensated by its recovery (see NB's leeching strikes for reference).

3.5 Cleansing Ritual

3.6 Rune Focus
    Make the buff stick with the caster, its a QoL update that will make many Templar's throw their hands in the air and praise the sun \[T]/
    As much as I would be tempted to add a stamina restore to Restoring Focus, remember that this skill already gives you Major Resolve, Major Ward, Minor Protection, Minor Vitality and Minor Mending (by Sacred Ground passive). I would not like to overload the skill.

3.7 Mending
    Could see a little increase, a 12% increased heal wont save a near-death ally easily

3.8 Sacred Ground
    The passive is OK if we count that it still needs to affect ourselves even while Rune Focus is not a circle anymore. So mobile minor mending.

3.9 Light Weaver
    Ugh, again those passives that doesn't help the whole skill line, sacred ground also does not buff 100% of the skills, but the Rune Focus QoL does enough to compensate for it. If you're keeping those passives locked, please make them more useful. I would add a 3 flat seconds to Restoring Aura (and Repentance), Minor Heroism to all allies under 60% healed by Healing Ritual for 6 seconds, and Major Heroism instead if the ally was under 25% health. Keep the Rite of Passage passive.

3.A Master Ritualist

Ah, nice, insightful! Probably people use Soulshine too (especially now with jewel transmute).

Do you think the skill is too clunky (like I do)? And if you do, what would you do to improve it?
    Options
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭

1. Aedric Spear

1.1 Radial Sweep

1.1.1 Empowering Sweep

1.1.2 Crescent Sweep

1.2 Puncturing Strikes

1.2.1 Biting Jabs

1.2.2 Puncturing Sweep

1.3 Piercing Javelin
    1.3.1 Aurora Javelin
    1.3.2 Binding Javelin

1.4 Focused Charge
    1.4.1 Explosive Charge
    1.4.2 Toppling Charge

1.5 Spear Shards
    1.5.1 Luminous Shards
    1.5.2 Blazing Spear

1.6 Sun Shield
    1.6.1 Radiant Ward
    1.6.2 Blazing Shield

1.7 Piercing Spear

1.8 Spear Wall

1.9 Burning Light

2.Dawn's Wrath

2.1 Nova
    2.1.1 Solar Prison
    2.1.2 Solar Disturbance

2.2 Sun Fire

2.3 Solar Flare
    2.3.1 Dark Flare
    2.3.2 Solar Barrage

2.4 Backlash

2.5 Eclipse
    2.5.1 Total Dark
    2.5.2 Unstable Core

2.6 Radiant Destruction

2.7 Enduring Rays

2.8 Prism

2.9 Illuminate

2.A Restoring Spirit

3. Restoring Light

3.1 Rite of Passage
    3.1.1 Rememberance

3.2 Rushed Ceremony
    3.2.1 Honor The Dead
    3.2.2 Breath of Life

3.3 Healing Ritual

3.4 Restoring Aura
    3.4.1 Radiant Aura
    3.4.2 Repentance

3.5 Cleansing Ritual

3.6 Rune Focus

3.7 Mending

3.8 Sacred Ground

3.9 Light Weaver

3.A Master Ritualist

This is an incredibly reasonable and balanced list of suggestions you've made.

ZOS PLEASE consider at least making Channeled/Restoring Focus stick to the user since Templar was kicked out of its house in Morrowind update (lost Major Mending and such).

Thanks and sorry for the terrible formatting :s
    Options
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭

1. Aedric Spear

1.1 Radial Sweep

1.1.1 Empowering Sweep

1.1.2 Crescent Sweep

1.2 Puncturing Strikes

1.2.1 Biting Jabs

1.2.2 Puncturing Sweep

1.3 Piercing Javelin
    1.3.1 Aurora Javelin
    1.3.2 Binding Javelin

1.4 Focused Charge
    1.4.1 Explosive Charge
    1.4.2 Toppling Charge

1.5 Spear Shards
    1.5.1 Luminous Shards
    1.5.2 Blazing Spear

1.6 Sun Shield
    1.6.1 Radiant Ward
    1.6.2 Blazing Shield

1.7 Piercing Spear

1.8 Spear Wall

1.9 Burning Light

2.Dawn's Wrath

2.1 Nova
    2.1.1 Solar Prison
    2.1.2 Solar Disturbance

2.2 Sun Fire

2.3 Solar Flare
    2.3.1 Dark Flare
    2.3.2 Solar Barrage

2.4 Backlash

2.5 Eclipse
    2.5.1 Total Dark
    2.5.2 Unstable Core

2.6 Radiant Destruction

2.7 Enduring Rays

2.8 Prism

2.9 Illuminate

2.A Restoring Spirit

3. Restoring Light

3.1 Rite of Passage
    3.1.1 Rememberance

3.2 Rushed Ceremony
    3.2.1 Honor The Dead
    3.2.2 Breath of Life

3.3 Healing Ritual

3.4 Restoring Aura
    3.4.1 Radiant Aura
    3.4.2 Repentance

3.5 Cleansing Ritual

3.6 Rune Focus

3.7 Mending

3.8 Sacred Ground

3.9 Light Weaver

3.A Master Ritualist

I like a lot of what you have to say but I must say that I personally feel all shields should scale off of health. There needs to be elements of the game that promote the Tanking mindset and I appreciate this about Igneous Shield and Blazing Shield. While I have mixed feelings about Dark Cloak offering a Dragonblooded style heal I am glad they are starting to look at the Tanking toolkit for all of the classes. The simple fact that they are adding silver leash as a proper pull makes me want to make my Templar into a proper tank once again. We lost our Blinding Flashes though which is very painful. Flashes was our softer Talon-like ability. I'd really like to see us get something like this again. The truth is my main character was meant to be a sword and board wielding Tanker and I want to go back to those days.

Thanks for reading my long and badly formatted post.

On the shield issue, I would like to see shield skills being versatile to most builds. Right now Sun Shield and its morphs basically only rewards tanks (and not by much), and Blazing rewards with damage, something that's a little weird for a tanking spec and presents balance issues (too many tanky builds capable of burst in cyro = skill will end up nerfed to oblivion).

That's why I would like to see a tank/sustain morph and a magicka morph to help Templars out of heavy armor (i think most of tanky magicka templars use heavy nowadays). I wonder if a magicka scaling shield would be too OP in a light armor templar considering the healing they can do, but IMO its worth a shot.
    Edited by DoonerSeraph on April 25, 2018 7:02PM
    Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Aedric Spear

1.1 Radial Sweep

1.1.1 Empowering Sweep

1.1.2 Crescent Sweep

1.2 Puncturing Strikes

1.2.1 Biting Jabs

1.2.2 Puncturing Sweep

1.3 Piercing Javelin
    1.3.1 Aurora Javelin
    1.3.2 Binding Javelin

1.4 Focused Charge
    1.4.1 Explosive Charge
    1.4.2 Toppling Charge

1.5 Spear Shards
    1.5.1 Luminous Shards
    1.5.2 Blazing Spear

1.6 Sun Shield
    1.6.1 Radiant Ward
    1.6.2 Blazing Shield

1.7 Piercing Spear

1.8 Spear Wall

1.9 Burning Light

2.Dawn's Wrath

2.1 Nova
    2.1.1 Solar Prison
    2.1.2 Solar Disturbance

2.2 Sun Fire

2.3 Solar Flare
    2.3.1 Dark Flare
    2.3.2 Solar Barrage

2.4 Backlash

2.5 Eclipse
    2.5.1 Total Dark
    2.5.2 Unstable Core

2.6 Radiant Destruction

2.7 Enduring Rays

2.8 Prism

2.9 Illuminate

2.A Restoring Spirit

3. Restoring Light

3.1 Rite of Passage
    3.1.1 Rememberance

3.2 Rushed Ceremony
    3.2.1 Honor The Dead
    3.2.2 Breath of Life

3.3 Healing Ritual

3.4 Restoring Aura
    3.4.1 Radiant Aura
    3.4.2 Repentance

3.5 Cleansing Ritual

3.6 Rune Focus

3.7 Mending

3.8 Sacred Ground

3.9 Light Weaver

3.A Master Ritualist

Ah, nice, insightful! Probably people use Soulshine too (especially now with jewel transmute).

Do you think the skill is too clunky (like I do)? And if you do, what would you do to improve it?

Make the channel time shorter, that we can weave inside the global cooldown. In my opinion channeling over 0.8 seconds would be good, the animation just needs to be a bit faster, number if ticks stay the same and the snare should be applied with the first hit. Then you will hit more reliable with this skill and you additionally can weave without losing time .
    Options
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭

1. Aedric Spear

1.1 Radial Sweep

1.1.1 Empowering Sweep

1.1.2 Crescent Sweep

1.2 Puncturing Strikes

1.2.1 Biting Jabs

1.2.2 Puncturing Sweep

1.3 Piercing Javelin
    1.3.1 Aurora Javelin
    1.3.2 Binding Javelin

1.4 Focused Charge
    1.4.1 Explosive Charge
    1.4.2 Toppling Charge

1.5 Spear Shards
    1.5.1 Luminous Shards
    1.5.2 Blazing Spear

1.6 Sun Shield
    1.6.1 Radiant Ward
    1.6.2 Blazing Shield

1.7 Piercing Spear

1.8 Spear Wall

1.9 Burning Light

2.Dawn's Wrath

2.1 Nova
    2.1.1 Solar Prison
    2.1.2 Solar Disturbance

2.2 Sun Fire

2.3 Solar Flare
    2.3.1 Dark Flare
    2.3.2 Solar Barrage

2.4 Backlash

2.5 Eclipse
    2.5.1 Total Dark
    2.5.2 Unstable Core

2.6 Radiant Destruction

2.7 Enduring Rays

2.8 Prism

2.9 Illuminate

2.A Restoring Spirit

3. Restoring Light

3.1 Rite of Passage
    3.1.1 Rememberance

3.2 Rushed Ceremony
    3.2.1 Honor The Dead
    3.2.2 Breath of Life

3.3 Healing Ritual

3.4 Restoring Aura
    3.4.1 Radiant Aura
    3.4.2 Repentance

3.5 Cleansing Ritual

3.6 Rune Focus

3.7 Mending

3.8 Sacred Ground

3.9 Light Weaver

3.A Master Ritualist

Make the channel time shorter, that we can weave inside the global cooldown. In my opinion channeling over 0.8 seconds would be good, the animation just needs to be a bit faster, number if ticks stay the same and the snare should be applied with the first hit. Then you will hit more reliable with this skill and you additionally can weave without losing time .

Excellent. I couldn't put it better!
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously? I see them all over the place. Some ball groups include shalk spammers mixed with spin to winners.

Yea idk what time he plays, but I'm seeing wardens left and right in combat. Granted that's following me finding 5 nightblades and 3 DKs lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea idk what time he plays, but I'm seeing wardens left and right in combat. Granted that's following me finding 5 nightblades and 3 DKs lol.

Yeah. That’s what I see. NBs , DKs, and Wardens left and right.
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I dislike with the cone version of BoL or HotD is you have no way to easily find the player who needs healing and be sure is in "front" of you apart from the crown because the system hasn't been thought for that.

ADDON team formation shows the relative direction of all group members. It solves the directional issue for healing with HoD or BoL
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Eclipse (and morphs), please just cut the proc damage (and healing) in half and completely remove the CC interaction. I think nearly all of us would trade potency for reliability.

This would allow us to make use of the full duration of the skill (unless purged) while also not screwing up our ability to use CC in a proper skill combo. @ZOS_Wrobel please throw us this bone.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Regarding Eclipse (and morphs), please just cut the proc damage (and healing) in half and completely remove the CC interaction. I think nearly all of us would trade potency for reliability.

This would allow us to make use of the full duration of the skill (unless purged) while also not screwing up our ability to use CC in a proper skill combo. @ZOS_Wrobel please throw us this bone.

But would you use if it did half the DMG but the mag cost was still the same?

Honestly, it needs to actually control the enemy if it's going to give cc immunity. Either root, stun or lock the bubble without break free.

Otherwise it's just a poor man's Sorc curse.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Honestly, it needs to actually control the enemy if it's going to give cc immunity. Either root, stun or lock the bubble without break free.

With how hard eclipse is to break right now it's actually a pretty strong skill. On PC EU every magplar uses it in duels as you get 1 heal from total darkness all the time (heal is pretty strong) while also dealing good damage and often people need to stop doing anything for 2 seconds to actually get out of the eclipse.

I know it's laughable that templar's cc relies on bugs to be very strong but hey atleast it's in line with all other templar skills right? :trollface:
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

With how hard eclipse is to break right now it's actually a pretty strong skill. On PC EU every magplar uses it in duels as you get 1 heal from total darkness all the time (heal is pretty strong) while also dealing good damage and often people need to stop doing anything for 2 seconds to actually get out of the eclipse.

I know it's laughable that templar's cc relies on bugs to be very strong but hey atleast it's in line with all other templar skills right? :trollface:

It's not a bug. Stuns and knockbacks can be broken free of immediately because getting stunned/knocked back resets your global cooldown. Eclipse doesn't, because it doesn't actually control the target. Players don't react to this difference and just try to break free of Eclipse as though it were any other CC. This doesn't work. You need to wait until your current GCD is over in order to break free. So everything you say about having to stop what you're doing (and almost certainly give the templar one free heal) is true, but I don't think it's right to say that it relies on a bug.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not hard to break at all though - break-free is on the GCD so it behaves exactly like breaking any CC (except that the target isn't CC'd in any way...).

Yes I would. I use UC for the delayed damage. I don't ever expect a proc to occur, the most I get against decent players is one. The bubble honestly only provides ONE benefit, which is that my ensuing Dark Flare can't be bashed.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not a bug. Stuns and knockbacks can be broken free of immediately because getting stunned/knocked back resets your global cooldown. Eclipse doesn't, because it doesn't actually control the target. Players don't react to this difference and just try to break free of Eclipse as though it were any other CC. This doesn't work. You need to wait until your current GCD is over in order to break free. So everything you say about having to stop what you're doing (and almost certainly give the templar one free heal) is true, but I don't think it's right to say that it relies on a bug.

I'm pretty sure it is a bug because before it got changed you could actually break free from eclipse rather easy, right now you break free and the eclipse is still on you and gets removed after 1-2 seconds while the effect is still on you.
    I have multiple occasions where i just hold block while being eclipsed, i procced to break free but i can't my characters just spam bash (with damage return ofc) and eventually i can get out.
    It's really really wonky to break free if i remember correctly there was a post with joy and cinbri involved which both noticed that the break free doesn't work properly.
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure it is a bug because before it got changed you could actually break free from eclipse rather easy, right now you break free and the eclipse is still on you and gets removed after 1-2 seconds while the effect is still on you.
    I have multiple occasions where i just hold block while being eclipsed, i procced to break free but i can't my characters just spam bash (with damage return ofc) and eventually i can get out.
    It's really really wonky to break free if i remember correctly there was a post with joy and cinbri involved which both noticed that the break free doesn't work properly.

It's because you can bash while within the GCD. So if you use a normal skill and immediately try to break free from Eclipse, you will bash instead until the GCD expires. PC players can get around this somewhat by binding break-free to a separate key. Console players just have to learn to wait for the GCD.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's because you can bash while within the GCD. So if you use a normal skill and immediately try to break free from Eclipse, you will bash instead until the GCD expires. PC players can get around this somewhat by binding break-free to a separate key. Console players just have to learn to wait for the GCD.
    i have break free on a separate key and the Thing you'll do is still a bash.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i have break free on a separate key and the Thing you'll do is still a bash.

Sure it's not lag? I've had enemies break free rather easily from this spell.

Edit:
    Here's someone breaking free pretty easily:
    https://youtu.be/ajpPN_4Dln0
    Edited by Minno on April 26, 2018 5:31PM
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed some insulting and baiting commentary from this thread. Please be sure to keep this discussion civil and constructive. While it is fine to disagree, insults are never appropriate. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar is performing just fine. No need to buff anything tbh.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

I think most of us in this thread would agree that Templar performs really, really well at certain things:, mainly group utility in PVP and turtling up on the defensive. (I for one wish it performed less well at those things.) But when it comes to solo/small-scale PVP and non-healer specs, they're really not performing fine. What we're asking for is just to give the class some tools the current game requires for those scenarios but which Templars lack (mobility that doesn't require being a vamp, burst ults, and CCs that synergize with the class toolkit, for the most part). We're also spending lots of time cataloging and documenting numerous bugs with the class. Making Sweeps work as advertised isn't a buff, it's a bugfix.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Your Aprils 1'st joke is 25 days late my friend.
    Options
  • Wabu
    Wabu
    ✭✭✭
    Delete Sun Shield, Radiant Ward, & Blazing Shield. For new players it might look interesting, but it is garbage when one finds better skills in the game. A templar stacking health for Sun Shield and its morphs, in pve & pvp, is not productive.

Sun Shield & Radiant Ward do nothing for group and solo play, it is a waste of the minimal resources a health-plar would have.

Blazing Shield is a bad version of Spiked Bone Shield, as it has no synergy & only returns damage after the ward is consumed. And the sets that complement return damage are very bad: [Thews of Habringer] & [Defending Warrior].

Replace Sun Shield & morphs with the scrapped skill Blinding Light.
    Blinding Light: Nearby enemies have a 50% chance to miss and be set off balance for 3.5 seconds.
    Or an adjusted version of that^.
    EU PC | CP 1,000+
    NA PC | Level 10
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody even use ritual for pve?

Remove radiant aura and repentance.

Make the 10% health, stamina, magicka recovery a passive. Add minor magicka steal to ritual of retribution and some kind of stamina repenting to corpses that die in purifying ritual for everyone standing in the ritual.

This little buff to the skill doesnt improve it in pvp but it makes it atleast somewhat worthwhile to slot in pve.
    Options
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can people quit referring to “Magplar” as “Templar” as if we stamplars do not exist. That is part of the reason we never get attentions in these patches and always get blanket nerfed by magplar. Please and thank you.
    Edited by templesus on April 27, 2018 6:52AM
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wabu wrote: »
    Replace Sun Shield & morphs with the scrapped skill Blinding Light.
    Blinding Light: Nearby enemies have a 50% chance to miss and be set off balance for 3.5 seconds.
    Or an adjusted version of that^.

Blinding light was one of the most op skills ever. Any form of that would have to be carefully reworked.
    Options