The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Dragon Bones and Update 17 Preview"

• Mauin
    Mauin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes and yes! The Outfit station includes all the functionality of the previous Dye Stations. The Outfit Stations quite literally replace the Dye Stations, including where they appear in the world. We look forward to having you try them out on the PTS very soon. :)

Will the new Outfit Station have a different appearance?

Asking purely out of curiosity here, since I've got my Dye Station shoved into the back of my hut, and if it changes much, I'm going to need to do some remodeling.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Mauin wrote: »
    Asking purely out of curiosity here, since I've got my Dye Station shoved into the back of my hut, and if it changes much, I'm going to need to do some remodeling.

It does look a bit different, yes. The most noticeable change (in my opinion) is the banner at the station. You should come check it out during tonight's ESO Live if you can!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and yes! The Outfit station includes all the functionality of the previous Dye Stations. The Outfit Stations quite literally replace the Dye Stations, including where they appear in the world. We look forward to having you try them out on the PTS very soon. :)

Will the new Outfit Station have a different appearance?

Argonian mud hut?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can i use heavy armor costume for my light armor character?

Yes, you can. The one restriction is that you can't make an item for one particular item slot or a weapon family look like an item for a different item slot or a different weapon family. For example, you can't make a helm look like a boot (sorry to everyone who dreamed of wearing a boot on your head), or make a bow look like a two-hander.

Are all one handed weapons considered part of the same weapon family or are they separate?

I want a one-handed axe to look like a one-handed sword. Can this be done?

@King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • VelociousLegend
    VelociousLegend
    ✭✭✭
    It was mentioned that the outfit slots will be per character and that additional ones can be purchased via the crown store. Will there be a maximum number of outfit slots (if so what is the max)? And is there potential that additional slots can be purchased or unlocked through other means other than crown store/crates (e.g. in-game gold, telvar, AP, achievements, etc.)?
    Xbox - NA
    GT: VelociousLegend
    PC - NA
    @VelociousLegend

"All gave some. Some gave all."
  • Mauin
    Mauin
    ✭✭✭✭

It does look a bit different, yes. The most noticeable change (in my opinion) is the banner at the station. You should come check it out during tonight's ESO Live if you can!

Thank you for responding. I'll come and watch assuming my internet doesn't die again.

Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Argonian mud hut?

Nah, the Exorcised Coven Cottage. I have all the other crafting stations outside, but I wound up putting the dye station inside the little hut in the back. It's squished between a bookshelf and a bed.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Okay, another question. The Outfit System section says:
    With the Outfit System, you can change the appearance of your equipment to reflect any of your known crafting styles by visiting an Outfit Station. [...] You will have access to one unique outfit that you can customize using gold, but you will also be able to acquire Outfit Change Tokens and additional Outfit Slots from the Crown Store, allowing you to have a variety of outfits ready to go at a moment's notice.
    I don't understand this. Does this mean I only get to customize my appearance once without buying tokens from the Crown Store? Or can I re-customize my appearance multiple times without spending Crowns? What is an Outfit Slot? Is this the same as the costume slot we currently have? When I use an Outfit Station, am I changing the style of the actual gear I have equipped, and if so, can I change it again without buying tokens from the Crown Store? Or am I changing the appearance of a costume (the "one unique outfit" mentioned in the article)?

Khajiit assumes this might work a little like a system she once encountered in her travels to Middle Earth. Basically you put bits together in slots and they become a costume - so you can wear that cosmetic armour sort of over your real one.

Possibly.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

This doesn't sound exactly like LOTRO wardrobes, because it's dependent upon what you're able to craft.

But then, LOTRO had lots of clothing drops that nobody could ever craft, so the analogy wouldn't work in ESO anyway. (My minstrel's main outfit wound up being a green and purple sleeveless vest plus tight green pants.)
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, all char can create costume from xivkyn style , if one know the whole xivkyn style.

What about motif achievement ? If my main know all motif, all my char will get the achievements ? All will be able to craft in these style ? or this only apply to the outif station ?

if the answer is " Yes, motifs become Account-wide so all your char will get the achievement "
    what happend if one char know everything except xivkyn boots , but that an other char know only these boots, did a third char will get the "complete " Xyvkin motif achievement ?
    Sorry for my bad english
  • Kharnis
    Kharnis
    ✭✭✭
    pauli133 wrote: »

Yes, you can. The one restriction is that you can't make an item for one particular item slot or a weapon family look like an item for a different item slot or a different weapon family. For example, you can't make a helm look like a boot (sorry to everyone who dreamed of wearing a boot on your head), or make a bow look like a two-hander.

Why must you crush my dreams of revealing my true nature to the world - Belt Man, Master of the Bow-Staff?

Look, let's be honest here. The world simply isn't ready for the awesomeness of Belt Man, Master of the Bow-Staff. This is for all our protection.
    "Technology today is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof devices, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

- Rich Cook
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The rewards obtained through the Level Up Advisor are items that will be helpful for your character as they progress to level 50, and will not be retroactively granted to existing characters. We'll have a full list of the milestone rewards listed in the PTS patch notes for visibility.

*LOL* Dammit! I've been sitting on like eight unleveled storage/crafting alts since launch, and I JUST leveled them all to 50 or nearly 50 during the New Life Festival because those dailies + bonus XP made for swift leveling. Talk about terrible timing! :D

Luckily, I have more slots and already have future characters planned...but this WOULD become a thing the moment I go through the level grind after years of not doing so, haha.

P.S. Earning Crown Crates through normal gameplay is the RIGHT way of doing Crates at all! I admit I get bored of frequently leveling alts (hence why I avoid doing Seasons in another game unless there's a reward I really want), but I'm cool with earning Crates that way, since I won't spend real money without knowing what I'll get.

Murphy's Law just bit me. I leveled up a DK from 17 in the New Life Festival, while leaving a Level 18 one untouched. :(

Fortunately, I also have a character at Level 10.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I conjecture that the level rewards will be once per account, not once per character. ZoS isn't that generous. So if you have one open character slot or low-level character, you probably won't miss out on the generosity that they are showing.
  • joebob645_ESO
    joebob645_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am a bit confused by the wording of the outfit system, so we can take an armor/weapon piece that is in a style we don't really like and change it to one we like/know. So i could take lets say...my set of sanctuary(orc style) and my spell power cure(xivkyn) and make them all...imperial style? Could I also change the style of monster helm set pieces?

this isn't the same as the personal outfit slot right? I don't really understand how the new outfit slot would work.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

heaven13 wrote: »
    Would love to know, as others have asked, if costume slots are per account or character. It sounds like account and I'm holding on to a tiny piece of hope that it's character. Not really wanting to buy extra slots with crowns just so each of my alts can have a unique look.

Outfit slots are per-character, much like bag space upgrades. You will be able to purchase additional ones per character with crowns.

opaj wrote: »
    Also, does having one of the "converter" collectibles--Imperial and Morag Tong--unlock that style for outfits?

The short answer is yes, but these two are a bit of a special case. If you have the Imperial or Morag Tong "converter" Collectible, you automatically will have access to those Outfit Styles and be able to apply those styles via the Outfit System for free (since doing so is free for those who have those Collectibles now.) Just as is the case now, those two Collectibles do not give you the Imperial or Morag Tong Motif, so you still can't craft items in those styles. Once the Outfit System goes live, you will use that interface to apply those styles to your armor and weapons instead of a Crafting Station.

(Note: There is a known issue for PTS 1 where you will not see the Imperial and Morag Tong styles as available in the Outfit System if you have the Imperial or Morag Tong "converter" Collectible. This will be fixed.)

pdk98w9hmeyc.png

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Outfit slots are per-character, much like bag space upgrades. You will be able to purchase additional ones per character with crowns.

Wow this takes a lot of explaining for something that could have been so simple to implement. So, "Outfit slots are per-character", does this mean that each character on an account starts with one Outfit slot and buying an additional Outfit slot will be on a per-character basis? In other words, maybe my Templar can have 2 outfits on hand without having to redo my first Outfit slot while my other character will only have their initial one Outfit slot?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its the normal brown horse that you can just buy for gold
    Thanks. I didn't know it was just the brown stable horse. I'm a whole lot less miffed now.

• ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OKAY. But what. about. the unique. styles???
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am a bit confused by the wording of the outfit system, so we can take an armor/weapon piece that is in a style we don't really like and change it to one we like/know. So i could take lets say...my set of sanctuary(orc style) and my spell power cure(xivkyn) and make them all...imperial style? Could I also change the style of monster helm set pieces?

this isn't the same as the personal outfit slot right? I don't really understand how the new outfit slot would work.

You're not actually changing the style of any of your armor pieces. You're essentially building a new costume composed of pieces corresponding to each of the armor slots. So you decide what style the chest area will be in, and the gloves, and the boots, etc. Then you have a single outfit that functions like a costume or disguise (but is apparently accessible from collections so more like a costume).
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Timeoin
    Timeoin
    ✭✭
    Question - what happens if you are already Champion Rank? Will you still get the chance for mounts/crates?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

224xks.jpg

kTd8v0l.gif
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Note: There is a known issue for PTS 1 where you will not see the Imperial and Morag Tong styles as available in the Outfit System if you have the Imperial or Morag Tong "converter" Collectible. This will be fixed.)

Wait, PTS 1?
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to know, as others have asked, if costume slots are per account or character. It sounds like account and I'm holding on to a tiny piece of hope that it's character. Not really wanting to buy extra slots with crowns just so each of my alts can have a unique look.

This is great news. Thank you for the answer. I'm happy that my single crafter's knowledge will be a collectible for this system AND that each of my characters can have their own outfit.

The question is, can you put outfits in the bank for your other characters to use? Or are the outfits themselves account wide?
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timeoin wrote: »
    Question - what happens if you are already Champion Rank? Will you still get the chance for mounts/crates?

No, it was stated today.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    Timeoin wrote: »

No, it was stated today.

Apparently, the mount is just the "normal" 10k gold horse, so that's not a huge loss. The crown crates sting a little, but life goes on. Someone mentioned the housing storage being linked into that system, and that will kinda hurt, depending on how much those things cost.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, PTS 1?

The First week of the PTS cycle
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm extremely excited for this! Can't wait for the update to drop!
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • ArcticF0xx
    ArcticF0xx
    ✭✭
    The stream doesn't seem to be working :(

-ArcticF0xx-
    They told me there'd be free candy on this ride.
  • Insanepirate01
    Insanepirate01
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been this excited for an update in awhile. Definitely cannot wait !
  • DeCarn
    DeCarn
    ✭✭
    Will it be possible to create an outfit without certain item slots like shoulders or hands?
    XxX_DPS RECORDS_XxX

RAKKHAT - 19k
    WARRIOR - 11k
    MAGE - 22k

Legionary grade 1, Kingmaker, Royal Jester
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Wow this takes a lot of explaining for something that could have been so simple to implement. So, "Outfit slots are per-character", does this mean that each character on an account starts with one Outfit slot and buying an additional Outfit slot will be on a per-character basis? In other words, maybe my Templar can have 2 outfits on hand without having to redo my first Outfit slot while my other character will only have their initial one Outfit slot?

I'm guessing/hoping that the outfit slots will be account wide, but the way the outfit looks will be different for each character in the same way that costumes are account wide, but the colour they are dyed is different on each character.
    Edited by zassasaurus on January 5, 2018 12:05AM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly? This announcment is really prickling me.

Outfits yay! Let me guess - you get one free piece and have to buy the others for 50k crowns each?

Housing storage! Let me guess - if you ran a bot through all the overland 24/7 you MIGHT find one piece in a year? Or buy it in the crown store for 100k crowns!

Sorry, but I'm tried of being forced to pay for everything I find fun. The "free" stuff in game used to monetize (with GOLD) my fun. Now, it's all just a drag.

Please prove me wrong, but after 4 years... I highly doubt it.