The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FREE Nix-Ox Mount for Morrowind Owners!

• Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankssssss, I love every little thing about Morrowind. <3<3<3<3<3

Now if you guys could fix our disconnect problems that would be great too :'(
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    #CanWeHaveAcrownSaleSoonPlease

Awesome! Not my cup of tea, but for free I'm sure I'll find a situation to use it!

we will black Friday through cyber Monday
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, softens the infinite load screens
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    “#soon”

Made me smile. :)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will riding it fix my connectivity problems :*
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ckbud wrote: »
    This thread doesn't show up in the "Dev Tracker" section fyi.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_KaiSchober

Thanks, fixed!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those things have jumped on me in Vvardenfell way too many times. Now I finally get my revenge, and get to subjugate one and use it as a beast of burden. Mwahahahaa!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    #CanWeHaveAcrownSaleSoonPlease

Awesome! Not my cup of tea, but for free I'm sure I'll find a situation to use it!

we will black Friday through cyber Monday

Has this been verified or just a guess??

I do have to say, it's extremely odd that they're doing special 'maintenance' all on the same day... normally PC maintenance is on Monday... so sounds like something is in the works.
    Edited by ADarklore on November 19, 2017 1:40AM
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can i ride it during a load screen?
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa, looks like I'm getting my first non horse mount!
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this gonna be like the free pet where only microsoft gold members get it pissing off people who play on the same xbox one.

Can you not read and process information from what you’ve read?

Already own or buy morrowind = get nix ox mount. That is all.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Akrasjel wrote: »
    Um... ok

Don't need this one tho.

No one needs a specific mount. Also, you’re welcome, RUDEolph.
    Edited by Mureel on November 19, 2017 6:48AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Free stuff is great, but I had to groan at a nix ox. It inspired me to dig up some old posts from the heyday of getting a Nix Hound in every crate
    Nope, you will only get lag and nix-hounds.

1616_999877912.jpg

Some of you guys are really so ungrateful- if my kids acted this way literally- they’d be grounded from the PC until they can learn to have a tiny amount of grace!

It’s a nice free mount. Say Thank You.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zimbugga wrote: »
    I'm happy to get free mount, but it's not fair to players, who don't have Morrowind yet... I hope you don't forget them, ZOS.
    Quoted from the original for your convenience. It’s a gift for those who own morrowind/buy morrowind.
    If you don’t yet own ESO: Morrowind and would like to take advantage of this special offer, all you need to do is log into the game after purchasing ESO: Morrowind before November 26.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooo! I had wondered when this would come out. I thought for sure it would be a Crown items, but free!? Free!??

FREEEEEEEEEEE!

<3
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    ckbud wrote: »
    This thread doesn't show up in the "Dev Tracker" section fyi.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_KaiSchober

Thanks, fixed!

Couldn't you add all dev posts to the dev tracker? Then you won't forget it and we can rely on it.

Thanks for the free stuff :)
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Is this gonna be like the free pet where only microsoft gold members get it pissing off people who play on the same xbox one.

Um... ok

Don't need this one tho.

Free stuff is great, but I had to groan at a nix ox. It inspired me to dig up some old posts from the heyday of getting a Nix Hound in every crate

1616_999877912.jpg

Some of you guys are really so ungrateful- if my kids acted this way literally- they’d be grounded from the PC until they can learn to have a tiny amount of grace!

I'm happy to get free mount, but it's not fair to players, who don't have Morrowind yet... I hope you don't forget them, ZOS.
    Quoted from the original for your convenience. It’s a gift for those who own morrowind/buy morrowind.
    If you don’t yet own ESO: Morrowind and would like to take advantage of this special offer, all you need to do is log into the game after purchasing ESO: Morrowind before November 26.

1. It's bait to get others to buy Morrowind, not a gift.
    2. You seem to have been triggered, did someone take your precious?

You seem to have confused ( as many do ) a marketing strategy by a corporation as a sign of good will from a benevolent benefactor. It's nice that those who already have Morrowind don't have to buy the mount, but they are not the target of this action.

Noone at ZOS said "Hey, let's just hand out a free mount!".

No, ZOS marketing department said "Hey, hand out a time limited free mount to get more people to buy Morrowind.".

Hint: Nothing is free if you have to buy, or have bought, something to get it.
    Edited by Zorvan on November 19, 2017 8:19AM
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • PawPrints
    PawPrints
    Awesome news! :) I missed out on a kagouti and while I love my guar, am feeling another Morrowind-themed mount would be perfect right now. Time to roll a Buoyant Armiger and ride into battle upon the back of a mighty Nix-Ox. Not as mighty as The Strongest Nix-Ox from Almalexia's Fables, though. He was a silly Nix-Ox.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the fact that they’re waiting to give it out so people who don’t have Morrowind can get it says it all. I don’t want to make it a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” thing, but it’s kind of like getting a gift from your crush, then later finding out it was only to make their ex jealous. It’s still appreciated, but let’s not pretend this was done out of the kindness of their hearts. It’s a promotional tactic. I’m not criticizing them for it, though. At least it’s not another lazy reskin.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is pretty cool.

I think afterwords though, this mount or a slight reskin of it should be available for gold from the Stablemaster in Vvardenfell.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Or Nix-Ox in this case.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zorvan wrote: »

Um... ok

Don't need this one tho.

1616_999877912.jpg

You seem to have confused ( as many do ) a marketing strategy by a corporation as a sign of good will from a benevolent benefactor. It's nice that those who already have Morrowind don't have to buy the mount, but they are not the target of this action.

No, ZOS marketing department said "Hey, hand out a time limited free mount to get more people to buy Morrowind.".

So what? It’s free to those who own or buy morrowind. Free gift with purchase. Do you live under such a big rock that you don’t know what a promotion is or what a free gift with purchase is?

So damned what if they are saying here have this free thing if you bought/buy something!

Love to see you at the grocery store xD ‘These buy one get one free Doritos aren’t free because I (well, my Mom!) has to buy one to get the free one!

Bamboozlers! Witches! Someone TELL THE CHURCH!

How dare a business try to make money to keep running by offering free sparklies!?!

That grinnnd, plop, plop you just heard was my eyes rolling so hard they just fell out onto the floor.
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    Flea! Giant flea! Kill it with fire!
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭

Love to see you at the grocery store xD ‘These buy one get one free Doritos aren’t free because I (well, my Mom!) has to buy one to get the free one!

Ah, your mom pays for everything. That explains a lot now.

I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭

Um... ok

Don't need this one tho.

1616_999877912.jpg

So what? It still be a gift. They could make a special offer for new buyers only: that marketing strategy is very common. Instead, they give it as well to people who already have purchased the Chapter. For free. So it's a gift. So I say thank you.
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    kwisatz wrote: »

Um... ok

Don't need this one tho.

1616_999877912.jpg

So what? It still be a gift. They could make a special offer for new buyers only: that marketing strategy is very common. Instead, they give it as well to people who already have purchased the Chapter. For free. So it's a gift. So I say thank you.

I'm sure your parents told you at one time or another that gifts do not come with conditions.

The bassilisk pet was a gift, the mount is not.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um... ok

Don't need this one tho.

1616_999877912.jpg

I'm sure your parents told you at one time or another that gifts do not come with conditions.

I get your point, but yet it still is a gift. I, for one, didn't know I would get it when I bought Morrowind.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] We’ll be giving out the first batch of Nix-Ox mounts during a scheduled maintenance next Wednesday, November 22. [snip]

#BlackFriday #Soon

Thanks Gina and Nix-Ox team! :p A free mount? That's awesome! I can't wait, this is gonna be great.
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um... ok

Don't need this one tho.

1616_999877912.jpg

The mount is a gift for anyone that already owns Morrowind. I didn't buy it at release thinking "I know ZOS will give me a free mount in November."

The only condition is that I have to login. I think I can live with that. As already noted they could have only offered to new purchases. Fortunately they didn't.

And if it encourages some to buy Morrowind good for ZOS. I doubt anyone will buy just for the mount but it might push some to buy it if they were on the fence about buying it.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope the idle animation has it grooming. ANd i hope they can hop nicely!!
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.