The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daggerfall Covenant queuing into Aldmeri Dominion Servers as Aldmeri Dominion tying up our server

aegisfire1975
aegisfire1975
✭✭✭
This matter needs to be discussed and addressed. They've been doing this a long time. Have you ever noticed that you look around the campaign and wonder where all of AD is when it says we have 3 bars of population and there's no one around except a few... But blue seems to have endless numbers under 1 bar of population? That's because they group queue under one Aldmeri Dominion character and it counts towards our campaign population. I wouldn't have believed this to be possible until I saw it first hand for myself. Why is this allowed and is this considered a cheat or exploit or like everything else is that considered to be part of the game? Please address this issue ZOS. Please stop this! It is ruining PVP for all of us. The only choice that we have is to do the same back to them but it doesn't feel right.

Thank you for your help with this matter.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This matter needs to be discussed and addressed. They've been doing this a long time. Have you ever noticed that you look around the campaign and wonder where all of AD is when it says we have 3 bars of population and there's no one around except a few... But blue seems to have endless numbers under 1 bar of population? That's because they group queue under one Aldmeri Dominion character and it counts towards our campaign population. I wouldn't have believed this to be possible until I saw it first hand for myself. Why is this allowed and is this considered a cheat or exploit or like everything else is that considered to be part of the game? Please address this issue ZOS. Please stop this! It is ruining PVP for all of us. The only choice that we have is to do the same back to them but it doesn't feel right.

Thank you for your help with this matter.
    I have done this on xbox more than a few times but I never knew it worked like that.I thought it just made the DC que longer for other DC.
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    So there's one AD character in a group of DC characters and the AD qued up and that counts towards the AD bar? How? Doesn't the group disband if there are different alliances in the group? It does for me or kicks me from group.

If what you say is true then it really needs to be fixed. It's an exploit but if they are knowingly using the exploit then I would consider it both and exploit as well as cheating.
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it counts towards the AD population. When you arrive in Cyrodiil under the opposing faction population the group disbands but you are there under the opposing factions population. Then you just regroup and you're good to go. It's an exploit available in the game that the daggerfall covenant has been aware of and exploiting for a very long time. It's just now becoming known to the general population. I always thought people were in the sewers, so I got curious and went down to check and they were not there. Just a few people. I asked around and found out about this and our group tried it and it works. It's just really not ok and needs to be stopped!
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cêltic421 wrote: »
    So there's one AD character in a group of DC characters and the AD qued up and that counts towards the AD bar? How? Doesn't the group disband if there are different alliances in the group? It does for me or kicks me from group.

If what you say is true then it really needs to be fixed. It's an exploit but if they are knowingly using the exploit then I would consider it both and exploit as well as cheating.
    In pve land you can group up with players from another alliance.In a group of 10 DC and 1 AD crown and he can start a group que for the group.Now everyone of the DC is considered a AD and instead of waiting in a group que of 50 its only 1.So now they bypassed the wait time and can get into pvp quicker.

• aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    I play in Scourge and Haderus and see this all the time. Have you ever noticed people begging a queue or even paying for a queue? These are the people that are coming in after the squad has already group queued or the person who did the queuing.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is THIS the cause? Holy crap, I have always been angry at AD because i always felt like the player count (specifically in IC) is ridiculously low, always been sad that AD has no presence there. Now it all makes sense.[SNIp]

[Edited for flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on May 9, 2017 11:28AM
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, i did some digging and apparently this has been happening since once tamriel. This has been reported on this forum a few times but I have not seen any response from ZOS acknowledging this issue and exploit. I don't understand the lack of response.
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    This is a hot button issue for me and I understand that no one is on now, but will be following up on this thread and will be expecting a response of some sort regarding this. ZOS employees. Please don't ignore this post too. It does matter. .
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have any proof that they don't count towards their own faction other than "it feels like there aren't enough ADs"?
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Do you have any proof that they don't count towards their own faction other than "it feels like there aren't enough ADs"?

^This.

Queuing via other factions to bypass your own factions queue is a thing, but no one knows if it actually counts towards their population, it might just bump you ahead of your own factions queue and still count towards your own factions population.

Would need zos to confirm.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, isn't that just grand. Yea ZOS needs to confirm this rumor and then fix the issue if it exists. I know a lot of people who have blamed IC for over a year now for the small numbers when locked. I'll have to test this out. I want to also point out that this type of cheating can obviously effect the low pop bonus. It would certainly explain why certain factions always have the bonus. Great job on leaking this info.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The bars don't work properly even if everyone legitimately queued into Cyro, never mind the bars accurately reflecting coming in through the side door.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we need accurate faction population read outs, alot of people look at that when choosing a server to farm. But @Anazasi this problem has been known some EP forces for like over 4 months now if not more. THIS IS NOT A RUMOR.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening and known about by EP/DC on EU TF for quite some time.

In fact, in one of the prominent AD guild's videos on YouTube, when a member comes on to join the group he is told to find an EP to queue him in.

@Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has @ZOS_BrianWheeler ever actually confirmed that this is what's happening?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    da ***? it's possible to queue as a different faction!?!?!?!

oh #*&^@# no... this has got to be fixed pronto!

That anyone would even do this, or try and exploit it... sometimes the community is sickening.
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this theory have any proof?

To consistently do what this theory claims it would require a decent level of coordination from a substantial amount of very nefarious players on a daily basis. My guess would be in order for the pop cap to be impacted enough you will need at least a group of 12+ players. At least. Certainly a full raid of 24 or even more than that to get the impact you are describing.

That is a lot of players and with that many working together on this word would leak fast. Big groups cant keep secrets. And leaked info on who is orchestrating this and who is inolved would be some actual evidence. Which has yet to have been provided here.

I 100% can buy that this is exploit is possible. Cause ZOS. But I (and I'm sure others) would need proof to buy the theory that there are massive groups intentionally out there manipulating the population for one faction or another.
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't count towards the other faction pop cap, it jumps you ahead of the line in you're own factions queue, that's why you sometimes see you queue randomly go up.
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ one of the GMs/moderator so they will see this thread. I to thought they were in sewers or city or just way up north doing something. This really need to get fixed. Only be able to group que if everyone in that group is of same alliance. How hard can that be?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys, we're looking into this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »

^This.

Queuing via other factions to bypass your own factions queue is a thing, but no one knows if it actually counts towards their population, it might just bump you ahead of your own factions queue and still count towards your own factions population.

Would need zos to confirm.

People are in the queue until a spot opens up. If DC is at pop cap and 20 DC get added because a spot opened up in AD to let a group in, either the DC people are counting against AD, or DC is over the cap. The only other option is that the group is blocking both the AD and DC queues until enough slots open for all the people in their respective alliances.

Perhaps not "blocking" since ESO just needs to hold slots until it has enough for the entire group (so #1 in the AD queue would get passed by people behind them until enough DC slots opened for others in group). If this is the case, there is no problem.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on April 13, 2017 6:27PM
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused, but you are saying its a way of tricking the server. An AD character isn't actually playing under the DC alliance for example right?
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need to find AD just go to the bridge... doing nothing most of the time and the others sitting in stealth "ganking" also doing nothing most of the time. I am AD by the way. If they would just take keeps reds and blue would spend tine defending not worrying about our scrolls and bb, bm, and faragyl.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Gina for looking into this. I am so happy that you responded. I wasn't sure that this would be looked at but my guild has tested this and also felt the impact of being pop locked in our campaign with no people on. We have also done this to the opposing faction once to test with a 24 man group and saw their population numbers rise. We do not do this on the regular, as I said it was just a test to confirm that this is really happening.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been a thing since One Tamriel launched and possibly before that. I am surprised that this wasn't on their radar yet...
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    I do suspect that it was possible before Tamriel One, but I have no proof of that. I hope we get an update from Gina about when we can expect this matter to be resolved but at least the information is out there so we know how to combat this problem.
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it counts towards the AD population. When you arrive in Cyrodiil under the opposing faction population the group disbands but you are there under the opposing factions population. Then you just regroup and you're good to go. It's an exploit available in the game that the daggerfall covenant has been aware of and exploiting for a very long time. It's just now becoming known to the general population. I always thought people were in the sewers, so I got curious and went down to check and they were not there. Just a few people. I asked around and found out about this and our group tried it and it works. It's just really not ok and needs to be stopped!

I'm aware that you can group queue with someone from a different faction, ppl do it for shorter queue times primarily. However, I've never heard before that once loaded into Cyrodiil, those players then count as whichever faction they grouped with, rather than their own faction. You seem very sure that it works that way, but I'm wondering what evidence of that you have?
    And please! No anecdotal evidence about not seeing enough of your own faction around to match the population level indicated on the alliance war screen. Players have been bemoaning the apparent lack of their faction's players in Cyrodiil, despite being pop-locked, since long before One Tamriel made grouping with the other factions possible. For all you know they're zerging down the IC or having RP weddings at the winery.

For the record, I've never seen or heard of anyone using that group queue loophole except to avoid long queues in their own faction. I don't think many, perhaps any, players are doing it to create population imbalance in their favor. That feels conspiracy theory-ish to me.
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    If you need to find AD just go to the bridge... doing nothing most of the time and the others sitting in stealth "ganking" also doing nothing most of the time. I am AD by the way. If they would just take keeps reds and blue would spend tine defending not worrying about our scrolls and bb, bm, and faragyl.

they do take keeps during early morning afternoon when very few are on to stop them. then very annoyed EP and DC log on and kick AD teeth in and they spend the rest of the day at alessia and Roe. that's typically the way it's been for a while, DC oceanic have disgusting pop, then they log off and AD gets three bars while EP and DC sit at 1-2 bars. Then prime time comes and EP and DC see the map is mostly Yellow and say "well *** AD" ironically AD seems to be taking the role of DC's scapegoat.
    Invictus
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame on anyone doing this ! Shame shame shame !
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who would have guessed crossing factions brought cheating
    It's more like A+A+A instead of AvAvA :/
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade