The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Streak Bug

• Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was posted on day one of homestead release, since then many topics have been created but still not a single word about a fix.

I really wonder if they can't fix it, waiting untill they find the solution and then post they addressed it. :s
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    I, for one, welcome this new crippling bug. It is one those moments when ZOS's appalling lack QA reached critical level and an additional bug actually caused the game to improve by taking away, from spellslinging cowards, the option to bail out of combat anytime they feel the tide turns against them and, therefore, the option to cherry pick only fights they think they will win.
    Compared to ineffectual intended nonsolutions such as increased cost, this unintentional glitch has some impact.

Oh yeah...I get it now. You don't have any kind of gap closer or ranged attacks on your bars, and you felt like getting salty with the sorcs? Stay on topic. Skill broken. Don't have something useful to add? Don't post then. /walks away mumbling about salty L2P noobs...
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zander98 wrote: »
    Is this what it feels like to be a templar?

Sort of, except the Templar can still move when the gap closer fails.
  • KILLING4ALIVING
    KILLING4ALIVING
    ✭✭✭
    Died 2x because of this tonight.
    I use to be a PVP'er like you but then I took a lag spike to the knee.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i watched the video - it aint that broken, come on, you can still troll the [snip] out of people

[Edit for censor bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 13, 2017 3:23PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    i watched the video - it aint that broken, come on, you can still troll the [snip] out of people

[Edit for censor bypass]
    1lbx1n.jpg
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Rickter wrote: »

[Edit for censor bypass]
    1lbx1n.jpg

It most definitely is that broken. Unless you're streaking for funsies, you're streaking to survive...you lock up, and you die.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just posted in the other thread about this issue, but we are aware and investigating.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come three months later?
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's "the other thread" so that we can read the reply? There have been dozens of these threads. Link please.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Where's "the other thread" so that we can read the reply? There have been dozens of these threads. Link please.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/320887/homestead-bolt-escape-bug-explained-video#latest
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is, I'm kind of getting used to places where I can't streak.. so fitting in a roll-dodge instead..

I'm sure years after they fix it, I'll still be roll-dodging through those same spots.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Funny thing is, I'm kind of getting used to places where I can't streak.. so fitting in a roll-dodge instead..

I'm sure years after they fix it, I'll still be roll-dodging through those same spots.

hahahahhaha I was actually gonna post exactly the same thing, but you beat me to it XD
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just switched back to Ball of Lighting it doesn't do that, and since I have Streak back bar anyway I don't notice a diff. It is nice to see all those Force Shock's, Frags, Fire Reach, and Meteor etc hit the ball instead of hitting me in the back
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some threads...you just know without even looking who started them.
    The predictability of the forum dwellers is a comfort to me in these uncertain times.
    Thank you @FENGRUSH
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just switched back to Ball of Lighting it doesn't do that, and since I have Streak back bar anyway I don't notice a diff. It is nice to see all those Force Shock's, Frags, Fire Reach, and Meteor etc hit the ball instead of hitting me in the back

It also leaves a glowing bread crumb trail straight to you that even a potato can follow. And of course they all do. It makes ditching a huge Zerg even harder.

I'm running lightning form on the overload bar, and I just run a short super-fast sprint with major expedition in places where I usually get stuck with streak.
  • Iskrasfemme
    Iskrasfemme
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Please fix streak within the next 85 days

ZOS need fix exploit's first.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Please fix streak within the next 85 days

20 days have passed and nothing from ZoS yet. I doubt that your sarcastic plea will be heared.

• Jaguar_SF
    Jaguar_SF
    ✭✭✭
    They might remove streak and replace it with a different skill if they can't fix it. Just like how they did with clouding swarm.

They break stuff with every patch.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaguar_SF wrote: »
    They might remove streak and replace it with a different skill if they can't fix it. Just like how they did with clouding swarm.

They break stuff with every patch.

NOOOOOOO not my Streak D:!
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to update, we're still working on getting this bug fixed. We haven't forgotten about it, but it is proving to be quite difficult to resolve.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to update, we're still working on getting this bug fixed. We haven't forgotten about it, but it is proving to be quite difficult to resolve.

<3 thank you so much @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just please make sure you don't break something else by fixing it. (Especially ball of lightning since it's the other morph, and the one I prefer)
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

June 6th
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Inb4 its a feature and streak morph gets a rework to something useless like invisible bats ulti :trollface:

Sry couldnt resist
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »

Inb4 its a feature and streak morph gets a rework to something useless like invisible bats ulti :trollface:

Sry couldnt resist

They hoped that everyone forgot after like 8 months that clouding swarm actually worked once :trollface:
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭

I can confirm this as well. Haven't had a single problem since switching to Ball of Lightning. Would recommend.
    Factotum | PC NA
    AD E'lurin sNB | Curufinwë Fëanor mDK | Anaïs Le Fey mSC | Fréyja mT | Nïenna mW
    EP E'lured sNB | Vanÿa sT | Caïssä mDK
    DC E'lwing mNB
    PVE Brýnhildur mDK | E'lectra sSC | Antígone sDK | Valkýrja mNB | Yølanda sW
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno No streak fix this patch. Any kind of ETA on when this might be fixed? 1 week? 2 months? More? Only asking because I want to know whether I need to reset my morph to Ball of Lightning
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's sad is that I'm getting used to the bug... I've gotten good at judging the distance to places likely to trigger it and time my streaks accordingly. It's still a PITA during combat, though. Especially during combat in keeps.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if it helps:
    the streak actually happens, you stun and damage people in front of you (but you don't move on your own screen)
    you're stuck in the location for enemies. that also why you don't get killed as badly as you think you would. instead you only re-appear after the duration of the bug.
    you can be attacked though, at least certainly by AoEs. I.e. as templar it is possible to jab the location where you think a problematic streak started and do damage, zergy destro ults will still grill you - however, please let's not do this and take advantage of this incredibly annoying bug.

thus, I have a feeling the bug is related to getting ported back when hit by a meteor under server load that causes at least a little lag (we all know this, you sometimes get stunned way before the impact and can even break cc, you get proted back to some old location, etc)
    Edited by Kas on April 3, 2017 4:15PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others