The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New ESO Functionality on Steam

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
d9ded357c458cdb82c23a9b2fd0cb381320a1970.jpg

We’re happy to announce that The Elder Scrolls Online now offers convenient new functionality with Steam. This means that starting today, our players on PC and Mac can now seamlessly launch and play ESO directly from the Steam client and more.

Here’s a short list of everything new you can now do with ESO from within the Steam client:
  • Launch and play the game ( How To)
  • Purchase an ESO Plus membership (How To)
  • Purchase Crown Packs (How To)
  • Link your Steam version of ESO to your Steam account (How To)
For more information on how to do each of these, please visit our Support Center.

Please note that if you are a current ESO player on Steam, you will need to fully uninstall and reinstall the game in order for the new ESO/Steam client functionality to work. Here’s how. We are working on a fix so that in the future, this will not be necessary.

Now that The Elder Scrolls Online offers more functionality with Steam, it opens up more opportunities for us to create cool stuff for our community here on Steam. We are interested in creating Steam achievements and more – keep an eye out for details!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are there any promotions or something on Steam for purchasing crowns and Eso plus? If not I dont see a reason to reinstall the game just to buy stuff from steam.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess ill wait for this-
    Please note that if you are a current ESO player on Steam, you will need to fully uninstall and reinstall the game in order for the new ESO/Steam client functionality to work. Here’s how. We are working on a fix so that in the future, this will not be necessary.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • morgael
    morgael
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure I understand this correctly: are you saying that, although I have the game (bought somewhere else), I have to buy it again if I want to link it with steam?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    morgael wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand this correctly: are you saying that, although I have the game (bought somewhere else), I have to buy it again if I want to link it with steam?

That is exactly what it says here.
    Note: If your version of ESO was not purchased through Steam, you will not be able to link your Steam account to your existing ESO account without purchasing a new copy of the game on the Steam platform first.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • LucidxNightmare
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Do you still have to download the game twice on the steam version?

If anyone is wondering, it's fixed. No more double downloading. See here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/301514/has-the-steam-version-of-the-game-been-fixed-yet#latest

Question: Will there be crown sales during steam sale events?
    Edited by LucidxNightmare on November 3, 2016 8:12AM
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Note: If your version of ESO was not purchased through Steam, you will not be able to link your Steam account to your existing ESO account without purchasing a new copy of the game on the Steam platform first.

That's pretty much how it's always been so no surprises there.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • azmadik
    azmadik
    So If I buy it again through steam, will my current profile switch over so I can just continue playing where I left off?
    Pc/Xbox NA EbonHeart Pact
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol why would I buy the game again?
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Lol why would I buy the game again?

Come on. You don tell want those sweet Steam achievements? /s
  • PRX_Raww
    PRX_Raww
    Soul Shriven
    So if I already own the Imperial Edition, which version would I buy on Steam?
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resfeber wrote: »
    wayfarerx wrote: »

No. You can link many other games to your account by entering the product code.

But this is ZOSE so people shouldn't expect any less.
    'Chaos
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought TESO Ultimate on Steam during one of their sales. Appreciate the work. I was going to buy it in stores but the price was to high. Thanks for making Steam available. True compliment no sarcasm. :smile:
    Edited by Jemcrystal on November 4, 2016 5:30PM
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    No. You can link many other games to your account by entering the product code.

But this is ZOSE so people shouldn't expect any less.
    "That's pretty much how it's always been for ESO so no surprises here."
    How's that?
    I have plenty of games I can't Steam link and this was never one of them. It's what it is.
    azmadik wrote: »
    So If I buy it again through steam, will my current profile switch over so I can just continue playing where I left off?
    PRX_Raww wrote: »
    So if I already own the Imperial Edition, which version would I buy on Steam?
    You can't. Check out Wayfarer's post.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • augestflex_ESO
    Really looking forward to Steam achievements for ESO!

This move is greatly appreciated and I hope you keep up the great work.

Are there any downsides to linking my Steam copy of ESO to Steam?
  • ihtizar
    ihtizar
    ✭✭
    Are there any downsides to linking my Steam copy of ESO to Steam?

nope! not at all
    Aldmeri dominion main eu/PC
  • KZavi
    KZavi
    Soul Shriven
    So do I still need to create a separate ESO account for the Steam version if I already have a copy of the game on it from elsewhere? I remember that was the case some time ago.

• Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi. My Steam account has been linked to TESO. It did not happen the way it was described. Instead...

...more than one person plays my awesome gaming PC and we all have our own Steam accounts. I was tired sleepy outofit and tried to log in to TESO which belongs to me not the other people as I paid for it. But I was on someone else's Steam account. TESO loaded fine but I was like WAAAT cause all my settings were wrong. Then I realized I had forgot to switch Steam user. So I logged all the way out of TESO and switched over to my own Steam account. Then as I was logging into TESO a popup happened saying, "do you want to link your account to Steam" and I was like I better click yes cause Steam be not letten me into my TESO if I don't. That's how I got account associated. On accident. But I like autologin so that's kool.

My question is - WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE MY TESO PASSWORD? What happens then? What are the instructions for changing a TESO password that has been associated with Steam? Note I don't use Steam that often so navigating Steam is strange for me. I'm more of a console gamer. PC is just an occasional side kick.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I purchased my game in Steam long time ago, but I never installed Steam version. If I install this version just to link my Steam account to my ESO account so I can buy membership in Steam, will I be able to launch game as usual without using Steam later? Or will I always be forced to use Steam version?

Ok, nobody answered, so I had to figure it out myself.I can run any version just fine, but if I want benefits of Steam subscription, I'll have to launch ESO from Steam. Otherwise I just get crowns :)
    Edited by Fischblut on November 26, 2016 10:16AM
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    So there is no way from players that purchase the game before, to link it trough steam?
    Without have to buy it again? Really?!...
    Edited by Donum-Dei on November 19, 2016 7:21PM
  • ihtizar
    ihtizar
    ✭✭
    add crown creates to STEAM!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aldmeri dominion main eu/PC
  • LucidxNightmare
    Are you able to buy an eso+ subscription using your steam wallet funds? Someone mentioned they had issues because steam wallet doesn't allow recurring purchases. I really need an answer for this.