The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, deep indeed:
    f83HuUjLTceXreQQmG49_Sewer_Skip_Old_Man_Hole_Fall.0.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on October 8, 2018 6:14PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kylewwefan ...what character(s) did you create...what gear set are you using to level?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made a Stam Warden. The guy made me shacklebreaker and Willows Path. I diddnt even ask for sets. Just wanted plain training gear.

I don’t expect any armor set to really shine on low level toons, but training will help my purpose.

Also got a few guild invites. It’s more for the purpose of traveling around to people and getting the map opened up.

Us low toons in Cyrodil are some other kind of bad. Lol! The shroom heal thing hits for 350 heals. Sub assault might hit someone for 800 damage on a good Crit. Siege is our only viable attack really.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've become use to the attitude abyss has towards me lol I expected a reply from him when I mentioned pvp ranks and what not I don't know why but I just did and behold I was right he don't hardly comment here for weeks almost months then I make a post about something I just had an opinion on and here comes abyss out of the woodwork I just think it's funny I get that much of a rise out of him without even trying to do so abyss you are entitled to you're opinion but I won't feed into the trap you are trying to get me to fall for lol you sound just like faulty that must be where you get you're idea's from
    Edited by Jake1576 on October 8, 2018 7:20PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, now the nerfettes are calling for a nerf to rapids.
    I can't wait for RDR2, ordering the new Creed. smh
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the heal on shrooms itself ain't that great, but, the 10% stam & mag regen buff to yourself and allies is nice...

also, the major resolve from frost cloak helps out your allies...subterranean assault/deep fissure provides a useful area debuff...

I'm actually using siege shield now to also help out..

honestly, now that I can weapon swap, use pots/food from the siege merchant, and, i now have some named gear - I noticed, I'm dying less than the other players around me already (some of them seem to love taking hot oil baths by the front door)...

slotting rapids makes a huge difference with a riding speed of 5 and no mount stamina at all...

I made one of each class - one thing I did notice last night is that templars have no early way of shielding or buffing their resistances...

i guess that point is to heal your way through damage instead of mitigating it?
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got my Blade Cloak still.

Rapids never really felt good to use. Not for how much they cost IMO.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last source of major expedition and counter to CC spammers.
    I am just being worn out by all the nerfs and the same group of players that call for nerfs on everything that has made this game fun for the last 4 years. I need to get off this forum. lol
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last source of major expedition and counter to CC spammers.
    I am just being worn out by all the nerfs and the same group of players that call for nerfs on everything that has made this game fun for the last 4 years. I need to get off this forum. lol

The thing with nerfs, is typically people remember 'a better time' when it comes to nerfs. It's always better to buff weaker elements then nerf those that may never really had a problem to begin with.

While I do have my own reservations about what might be OP. I always strive to trouble shoot with my playstyle and build first before starting to think something is too powerful.

Everyone can be beaten in PvP, sometimes you just need to be creative about doing it. Lotta people, do not believe this notion. They want the easy way out.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted

Edited by Hurtfan on October 11, 2018 2:24PM
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why my post isn't showing up lol:

Preordered RDR2 just Friday myself, can't wait. In fact, taking a little break from ESO, bought Middle Earth: Shadow of War. Probably going to play that for a bit.

I'm a weak man so I might log in sooner rather than later, but yesterday was the first day in a long time I didn't play ESO.

Edit: I even have Murkmire on preorder
    Edited by Hurtfan on October 8, 2018 9:01PM
    For the Pact!
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    And if you run a small group that has to hide at a resource and needs the help of guards to kill groups half your size and run away anytime an equal sized group comes then you didn't earn your stars. Not pointing any fingers :D

You aren't very smart if you're in a large group getting farmed by a small group at a resource. Not pointing any fingers of course.

I agree, which is a big reason why I don't play in groups. The point I was trying to make is that even though you may cringe at other people's play style there are also people that cringe at yours as well and even mine too as a solo player.

Regardless we all purchased the game with our own money and can play any way we see fit. Being bitter, salty, and judge mental of others does nothing to help the community although it can be a fun read.

You aren't solo. You zerg surf. You are apart of a ball group and when you're alone you're on an aids L2 build that does zero damage and is just annoying to kill.
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    I've become use to the attitude abyss has towards me lol I expected a reply from him when I mentioned pvp ranks and what not I don't know why but I just did and behold I was right he don't hardly comment here for weeks almost months then I make a post about something I just had an opinion on and here comes abyss out of the woodwork I just think it's funny I get that much of a rise out of him without even trying to do so abyss you are entitled to you're opinion but I won't feed into the trap you are trying to get me to fall for lol you sound just like faulty that must be where you get you're idea's from

I hardly play anymore and pop in the forums from time to time just to see all the *** thats being said by the thumbless players ZOS loves listening to. I'd have responded quicker but I had a several day ban for conversing with a different zergling. Seems I'm almost at level 3 offense.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hardly play anymore and pop in the forums from time to time just to see all the *** thats being said by the thumbless players ZOS loves listening to. I'd have responded quicker but I had a several day ban for conversing with a different zergling. Seems I'm almost at level 3 offense.
    giphy.gif

way to stick it to the man...oh wait, actually you're just *** with other players...

oh, in that case:
    22b9849cad6abe967e0d8eebf679c65a.gif
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And if you run a small group that has to hide at a resource and needs the help of guards to kill groups half your size and run away anytime an equal sized group comes then you didn't earn your stars. Not pointing any fingers :D

You aren't very smart if you're in a large group getting farmed by a small group at a resource. Not pointing any fingers of course.

I agree, which is a big reason why I don't play in groups. The point I was trying to make is that even though you may cringe at other people's play style there are also people that cringe at yours as well and even mine too as a solo player.

Regardless we all purchased the game with our own money and can play any way we see fit. Being bitter, salty, and judge mental of others does nothing to help the community although it can be a fun read.

You aren't solo. You zerg surf. You are apart of a ball group and when you're alone you're on an aids L2 build that does zero damage and is just annoying to kill.

I go where the fights are and I play campaign. I have no interest in your so called skillful game play of hiding at a resource, needing guards to secure a kill, and then run away when equal numbers arrive.

I haven't played in a group since before Morrowind and always wear the same gear. Shacklebreaker, Spinners, and Chudan with NO sturdy and NO block reduction. Do you even know what an aids L2 build is or do you just get fed up when you can't kill someone so you run away and make salty posts.

Entertaining as always!

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shacklebreaker, Spinners, and Chudan with NO sturdy and NO block reduction.

no ya got me wanting to guess - what's my class :)

i'm thinking either magblade or mag sorc...

my final answer: magblade? (mostly cuz you said you play solo)...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Us low toons in Cyrodil are some other kind of bad. Lol!
    Siege is our only viable attack really.

almost forgot to share...there was a call out to attack bleakers...ported to aleswell, jumped the wall, ran up the steps to the aleswell farm...

there was some cp780 standing by themselves at the flag turning it red...immediately charged in to fight...there were no guards left at the flag - so, they killed me fairly quick...

as i was rezzing, took a moment to think - that may not have exactly been the smartest move...it's hard though - at times i forget i i'm not on on of my NA toons :#

if i see some open field melee with a number of players on both sides - i pop out the scattershot catapult, and, start firing away...

shacklebreaker and willows path are a great leveling setup...during my pre-cp days, pretty much all my characters wore willow's path for a while...

Edited by geonsocal on October 8, 2018 10:51PM
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Shacklebreaker, Spinners, and Chudan with NO sturdy and NO block reduction.

no ya got me wanting to guess - what's my class :)

i'm thinking either magblade or mag sorc...

my final answer: magblade? (mostly cuz you said you play solo)...

Usually warden or sorc, but I like to play magblade/stamblade once in awhile too. Played Templar first 2 years exclusively, but played it to death and got bored of it. Need to get my DK out more, just been too lazy to get more skill points.
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair I see Both sides of the argument on Small and large scale groups I have sympathy for small medium size groups because I use to do that stuff and I was decent at it. But at the same time there is this ever increasing toxic feeling in the small scale community that they are victims for getting Zerged down. A lot of the toxicity comes from the SALT page where it’s a small scale community that just reinforces this idea. When a Zerg goes after the tower farmers it’s not because we hate it’s because of how stupid our faction is and how they will be told multiple to ignore you and focus on the front we are pushing but would rather get ap farmed at that tower. And as For those who duel in Cryo guess what I have no sympathy for you. You can duel outside Cryo in the sewers or in a remote area of the map if I see a duel going on around a strategic keep I’m going to Zerg you down and no amount of QQing is going to stop me
    Edited by Lokirules on October 9, 2018 12:59AM
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would group and zerg. Problem is, there are very few crowns that I would actually listen to.

Having spent so much time in Cyrodiil, if I get a crown who is just incompetent I just can’t support them.

And here is where the bigger problem is. You need Zergs to help clean up the map. Let’s face the music here. The solo guy and small scale guy typically are on the opposite end of the map farming AP where they can get both enemy alliances.

This creates a rift between the guy pushing objectives and the guy wanting to style on the bads. The nature of the war set up these rifts between the groups.

What worsens the matter, is the game in and of itself is an MMO, so everything inherently works better when tooled to groups. So the solo guy is already losing in terms of, well, everything. Solo guy risks more to achieve anything in Cyro. And the same can slightly be said of small scale groups

If I may for Second. A slight aside.

Me personally, I have no beef with small scales. I have fought abyss and rusty and the like. So there are certainly people out there who are very capable in holding their own. The issue with this is, they need more objectives similar to the towns. Areas not heavily guarded, not even an outpost, that count towards something and gives them a place where they can fight in their own terms.

I am not sure exactly what those would be, like a fortified bunker with ressurection points in it? A closed off under ground area where the bigger groups risk more to bother them in close confined areas.

So lets say the small scale team is defending this bunker, they get AP for it and they also get AP for killing enemy players. They get a solid home field advantage because they can hide behind LOS inside and the big group is in a large open space that has to push into a small choke to get them out.

That is just my thoughts. The issue i see with small scale is they need their objectives to help them out when they are fighting out numbered.

To pull the can of worms out here, resources and towns. I believe, do not accomplish this. They are too open ended and prone to get zerged down. However, in IC, the overworld map of the city, does it better. Many places to hide and ambush players. Harder to coordinate a zerg there. I think Cyro needs more locations like this for small scalers.

These are just my thoughts on the matter.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on October 9, 2018 11:43AM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several inappropriate comments. This is a reminder to adhere to our forum rules when posting. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner

All great points and i truly have no problem with how people choose to play the game whether it's solo, small scale, zerging, ganking, or faction swapping. Having so much variety is what makes the game so great(when it works)

My only issue is with people that just want to talk trash and bring the community down with toxicity. I don't mind trash talk to an extent, but when people like Abyss talk it, but then run away from every fight it's hard to take them serious so I probably should have just lol and left it at that.

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toxicity typically is born from frustration. It's common to see fighting when one group feels they're oppressed in some way.

I want and would like to see solo/small scale continue to thrive. They just need more areas to do it in, in openworld Cyrodiil. BGs and IC is perfect for small scaling in certain areas. So obviously it can be done, it just needs to be present in Cyrodiil.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would not have believed what happened tonight if I hadn't been there...

logged in, we had glade, warden, and rayles was red, but, we had all the resources...

headed to rayles, didn't see anyone around, set up a couple of ballistas and took the front door down...

called out in chat and 4 or 5 other players showed up...went inside the fort, we started fighting the NPCs, and, we all wiped...to the NPCs...

maybe a half dozen of us...thankfully we did group up together afterward and did a little better job...

there is a serious lack of healers during the time I play there...trying to let folks know to stay away from using rams when someone is defending...going through soul gems like crazy...

still seeing folks trying to use fire and lightning ballistas on the door...most won't repair doors afterward either...

thankfully 3 out of the 5 characters I created will use a resto staff...definitely need to level that skill line up...

at level 17 now on most of my characters...can solo dolmens okay - not a pray yet though in being able to solo a resource...just can't do enough damage quickly enough...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after last night's debacle of wiping to the guards, very nice pvdoor action this evening...

joined a group with a cp 418 crown, and, another cp 178 player, and, we were able to take brindle...

I know, no real big deal (another player cp 780 did come along to help on the second flag), but, still felt good after last night...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 11, 2018 3:01AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmm, I didn't know you could take a home keep with just 3 players...

took a break for a while...I'm not quite sure how it could be possible - but, when I logged back in there were even fewer DC on than before...

started following around this cp 780 player like i was a lost puppy...we took care of the resources around glade pretty quickly...

when they started banging on the front door i figured "why not", I didn't get dressed up for nothing...

once we had the inner front door down I knew I might be in trouble, more than 2 guards at a time causes me problems...they were doing fine though (some ww stam dk) working around the front flag...

another random showed up, and, the whole capture thing went pretty quick actually...

have any of you all actually soloed a keep before?

I think playing on EU vivec might turn out to be a weekend thing - just not enough pvp type action during the time I'm logged in...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 11, 2018 6:11AM
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    hmmmm, I didn't know you could take a home keep with just 3 players...

took a break for a while...I'm not quite sure how it could be possible - but, when I logged back in there were even fewer DC on than before...

started following around this cp 780 player like i was a lost puppy...we took care of the resources around glade pretty quickly...

when they started banging on the front door i figured "why not", I didn't get dressed up for nothing...

once we had the inner front door down I knew I might be in trouble, more than 2 guards at a time causes me problems...they were doing fine though (some ww stam dk) working around the front flag...

another random showed up, and, the whole capture thing went pretty quick actually...

have any of you all actually soloed a keep before?

I think playing on EU vivec might turn out to be a weekend thing - just not enough pvp type action during the time I'm logged in...

Haven't soloed a keep before, just resources. I can still solo them even after they got buffed but now, sometimes I have to use my ulti to do it. Before the guards got buffed, I never had to use my ulti ever to take a resource.

I've heard people doing keeps solo, just never saw it. I've done it with 5 people after the buff, but it took a little bit, it was a level 5 keep I think.
    Edited by Hurtfan on October 11, 2018 3:51PM
    For the Pact!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting point about keep levels...

now that walls and doors degrade - I'm not sure how that might affect keep levels...

even if all the resources for a keep are owned - I'm not sure whether the keep (or resource) level will rise or fall with time?

Edit: I imagine that if you can do vma or solo world bosses, soloing a keep shouldn't be that much harder?
    Edited by geonsocal on October 11, 2018 5:46PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sad those two player's that's number one and number two on the DC leaderboards had to exploit to get the scrolls away from ad and give it to red pvp in this game is so flawed man
    Edited by Jake1576 on October 16, 2018 3:29PM
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sad cen_tex_vet_254 and cozmicwhale had to expooit to get the scrolls away from ad and give it to red pvp in this game is so flawed man

Lolll they gave scrolls to yellow and blue last night and several of my guildees have the video evidence of it
    Edited by Lokirules on October 16, 2018 2:04AM
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sad cen_tex_vet_254 and cozmicwhale had to expooit to get the scrolls away from ad and give it to red pvp in this game is so flawed man

I don't know cosmic whale...sorry to hear that 'bout centex vet...pretty much a cyro lifer, but, up till now hadn't heard no sideways stuff about them...

talk about sad - over on the EU side of things there's this yellow emp whom literally has twice the AP of anyone else in the campaign...

AD is in second place to EP there - instead of pushing EP, the yellow emp (at least when I'm on) spends their time farming our measly sad ragtag band of covenant misfits...

*** it, what are you going to do - you can't control the actions of others...all you can do - is what feels right to you...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 16, 2018 2:08AM