Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Children

• itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to see some npc children running around the towns :smile:
    Options
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually there are children in Tamriel and they are called 'Bosmers'.
    Options
  • oxxalejandroxxo
    oxxalejandroxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_CoriJ wrote: »
    "M'aiq believes the children are our future. But he doesn't want them ruining all of our fun."

Are you serious? A lot of us think the fact there is no kids seen in Tamriel at the moment is quite immersion breaking, and we really hope you guys could add NPC children into the game ASAP.
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "M'aiq believes the children are our future. But he doesn't want them ruining all of our fun."

Are you serious? A lot of us think the fact there is no kids seen in Tamriel at the moment is quite immersion breaking, and we really hope you guys could add NPC children into the game ASAP.

Did it break immersion that they were in no ES game apart from Skyrim?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not an official stance on the subject as I do not have insight or effect on the decision made.
    Just sharing some NPC history. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you've raised a few Cubs of your own you may find the immersion in Tamriel quite pleasant ...
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stick them in player housing. That will limit exposure to child atrocities.
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrelios wrote: »
    This is the best one d-SrqnA1h68.jpg

Wikir3c.png?1
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on July 29, 2016 3:34PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    This actually reminds me that my first realization was when a quest NPC mentioned his daughter and I'd imagined a child. It suddenly hit a switch in my head like "Waaaait a minute here..."

Still, it doesn't ruin my experience either. It'd be a nice addition.
    I was going to say the same thing actually. That it'd be cool to see with housing coming along.

@Rohamad_Ali ... I feel like there's a story here. The implication sounds tragic.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resfeber wrote: »
    This actually reminds me that my first realization was when a quest NPC mentioned his daughter and I'd imagined a child. It suddenly hit a switch in my head like "Waaaait a minute here..."

Still, it doesn't ruin my experience either. It'd be a nice addition.
    I was going to say the same thing actually. That it'd be cool to see with housing coming along.

@Rohamad_Ali ... I feel like there's a story here. The implication sounds tragic.

It's a mixture of Honey I shrunk the kids and E.T. . Children get into everything and bring home things they shouldn't all too often ;)
    Options
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a business decision folks. If they include kids, some nutjob will find a way to do an emote to a kid npc that is inappropriate, then screenshot it and start passing it around. ZOS already has their hands full chasing cheaters, do you really want them wasting resources investigating and banning these nutjobs? If you were a business, would you want that negative publicity associated with your game (and potential lawsuits)? Nope.

Sorry it breaks your immersion but it is the right decision on ZOS's part to exclude children NPCs.
    Options
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then again that might not be true at all. Since M'aiq is a liar, hence his name.
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no children because then people would ask for children pets in the crown store and those discussions would get really, really, really awkward.
    signing off
    Options
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Well there has been a lot of lively discussion provoked by this. I thought the topic would have come up before, so much so I searched the form for "Children" before posting this discussion. The only results that I could see were references to the name of a quest.
    Edited by carljokl on July 29, 2016 4:24PM
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
    Options
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... I'm just going to drop this here.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Children were removed in Beta to try and reduce the game lag.....When that didn't work they moved onto deer and torch bugs.....
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a business decision folks. If they include kids, some nutjob will find a way to do an emote to a kid npc that is inappropriate, then screenshot it and start passing it around. ZOS already has their hands full chasing cheaters, do you really want them wasting resources investigating and banning these nutjobs? If you were a business, would you want that negative publicity associated with your game (and potential lawsuits)? Nope.

Sorry it breaks your immersion but it is the right decision on ZOS's part to exclude children NPCs.

Glad you made that point on what might not be acceptable and why, yet the game centers around MURDER...processing,... processing.... Let that stew for a bit. It's a rated M game. Having invulnerable kids running around just makes sense and many other MMO's have done it with no public embarrasment or outcry.

Zenimax can choose to do so or not, doesn't matter in the end. The original Skyrim had kids. The Internet was certainly around and guess what...no big scandal that lingers.

It actually limits several potentially engaging story lines regarding kidnapped kids, lost kids and your toon saving them etc...
    whatching certain ones grow up during the game to do great things maybe in a DLC etc. Without kids the immersion can be lacking of sorts in my opinion, or better stated could be "More".
    Edited by Cronopoly on July 29, 2016 5:11PM
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... I'm just going to drop this here.
    maxresdefault.jpg

CPQUKRV.jpg?1

KILL IT WITH FIRE
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on July 29, 2016 5:42PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After you've raised a few Cubs of your own you may find the immersion in Tamriel quite pleasant ...

This. Some of us like going to Tamriel to escape the unfettered screaming and endless waves of poop that dominate our lives here on Earth.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it told by M'aiq or his son M'aiq? :D
    wmHgkCK.jpg

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NPCs of Tamriel had ample warning that -gasp- Player Characters were coming, and thus all hid their children in cunningly camoflaged cellar dungeons!

(And I am not saying that just because I am from austria... )

;):p:smirk:
    Options
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »

Glad you made that point on what might not be acceptable and why, yet the game centers around MURDER...processing,... processing.... Let that stew for a bit. It's a rated M game. Having invulnerable kids running around just makes sense and many other MMO's have done it with no public embarrasment or outcry.

Zenimax can choose to do so or not, doesn't matter in the end. The original Skyrim had kids. The Internet was certainly around and guess what...no big scandal that lingers.

It actually limits several potentially engaging story lines regarding kidnapped kids, lost kids and your toon saving them etc...
    whatching certain ones grow up during the game to do great things maybe in a DLC etc. Without kids the immersion can be lacking of sorts in my opinion, or better stated could be "More".

There we go add unkillable children and make them all guards. Think Little Lamplight. Kill two birds with one stone. Add children and a reason for guards to be unkillable. :p
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Could the reason actually be because of immersion? Perhaps we are not really where we think we are.

I wonder what the effects would be on a mortal, traveling in and out of a place where time has no meaning, would be. One could go crazy with delusions of how things could have been done different. Perhaps we are the delusion created by the true "vestige" Cadwell.

One quest in Coldharbour "The Endless War", has made me wonder about it. After the series is finished, if you talk to Cadwell he mentions having always wanted to play the game, but now that we(I, us, the vestige) have there is no need.

Perhaps the devs went M. Night Shyamalan on us and are waiting till the game is about ready to die to give us the twist.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • Tipsy
    Tipsy
    ✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Children were removed in Beta to try and reduce the game lag.....When that didn't work they moved onto deer and torch bugs.....

Since deer and torch bugs have been returned to the game,it might only be a matter of time before someone frees the children from the basement too?
    Edited by Tipsy on July 29, 2016 8:19PM
    Options
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    After being in the basement so long they're probably stale and unfit. Let us just breed new ones.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bethesda has put children in their games before, even much more violent games than this one.. They just code the kids to be invulnerable

And they made them a nasty bunch as well - which is rather annoying - i do not want to have this here as well.
    Options
  • BlackguardBob
    BlackguardBob
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit she hears that the children they have all the candy?

In that case this one would very much like the children to be returned to Tamriel.

For no specific reason at all you understand yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I love your posts. I can hear your voice in my head when I read them lol

And ofc, all children like to believe in Santie Claws. :wink:

Edited by BlackguardBob on July 29, 2016 8:39PM
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Bethesda has put children in their games before, even much more violent games than this one.. They just code the kids to be invulnerable

And they made them a nasty bunch as well - which is rather annoying - i do not want to have this here as well.

Another wanderer, here to lick my father's boots. Good job.

drop+kick+football_2_md.gif
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

Another wanderer, here to lick my father's boots. Good job.

drop+kick+football_2_md.gif

Or that one "you are new around here, so I'll go easy on you. But don't get on my bad side".
    Edited by Lysette on July 29, 2016 8:45PM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.