The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v2.5.2

• Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    I AM SO *****sick of Zenimax making Argonians mediocre at everything, not following their own damn lore (or website description), continuing to cling to unique but horrible racials (potion passive) and unwilling to give this race the respect it deserves. I am now thoroughly convinced Worbel and the other decision makers are ALL Dark Elves.

ZOS made Argonians the best healers with their first changes. But, i guess, bc of QQ in PTS-Forum they reverted it. 9% more healing done was great (even for tanks...stronger vigor). Second thing, the potion passive is imo good. When you need ressources you are usually drinking a potion and you'll get some ressources back, i don't know what everyone is complaining about...
    Noobplar
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here, take a short list of a few of the things you still haven't address and please start working on some of them. Some were supposed to be fixed already..

General:
    Movement speed
    Animation Prioritization
    Falling for 30s in slow motion when jumping on a ledge or so

Skills:
    Dragon Blood is useless
    Dragon Fire Scales is unreliable
    Cloak buggy and unreliable
    Pets still not viable, neither in PvP nor PvE
    Surge is useless in its current state
    Purge still hitting the same targets (?)
    Gap Closers still let you fly around, now a reason to be banned because you can't get behind a fix..
    Snipe causing stun before it hits when used from stealth (?)
    Bombard simply being ridiculous with a huge root area plus snare
    Rapids being removed by way too many skills
    Mistform not reducing damage of certain abilities and not granting the full immunity it should under certain circumstances
    Clouding Batswarm (?)

Gear:
    Impen issue still not officially discussed yet even though it's one of the most prominent topics on the forums at the moment
    Reactive still proccing from stuff it shouldn't
    Viper's Sting still working with spell resistance despite being a stamina set
    Underwhelming Monster Sets like Bodgan, Maw, Warden and such still not being adjusted to make them at least slightly useful
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the Witch-hunt festival no longer on the PTS?
    I can't seem to find The Crow Caller in the Crown Store.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Synergies are broken now and often doesn't show up.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    Reykice wrote: »
    Lol a lot of new characters will be deleted now...

Why no magic damage racial for any race?

I agree. Orcs get a weapon damage buff and Khajiit get a crit buff, but no one gets a spell damage buff.

Because you have Dunmers dealing 7% more dmg with flame and 2% more damage with frost and shock, which means they can play any class magicka and be at the highest damage dealers, since end game we ALL use inferno malstrom staves, id even bet that Dunmer sorcs will out dps Altmer only due to that 7% fire damage passive, especially when combined with 12% more dmg with inferno stave heavy attack passive from Destro skill.

Then you have Altmers dealing 4% fire, frost and shock .

So you have two races than gain a buff to elemental damage.

Nords, as end game tanks, are a bit more viable now, but still an imperial or an Orc seems better due to max stats or healing recieved imo.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    .... So nothing else for Nords or Orcs ? ..... No "reverting the health recovery nerf back to 30%" ?

To be honest I'd rather them fix the 6% damage reduction passive or nerf the useless Cold damage reduction and buff something else. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the 6% stamina bonus but it is still not enough.

I also understand that people like making health regen builds (which honestly seem useless to me, you can stay alive yay! But you can't kill and being a tank in PVP is pointless with taunt not forcing players to attack you. And in PVE why regen? You can either go magicka tank and self heal forever or bring a healer on your team and be done with it!)

Please don't get me wrong I get "fun, niche builds" I have been maining a Nord Stamina DK Heavy Armor DPS since Beta I GET the appeal of going against the grain and doing your own thing I have taken a ton of flak from elitist jerks because of my set up, yeah I can't pull 30k+ DPs but I can pull 15k-20k single target which is more then enough for me.

So please trust me when I say I'm not trying to attack all you health regen builds out there, but they need to buff the races to the benefit of the majority here. Nord has been the laughing stock alongside argonians for too long and "un-nerfing health regen" isn't gonna fix that. We need something better, a fix so our rugged passive doesn't become pointless would be nice for starters but more needs to be done. Maybe more stamina? Removing the resist frost and increasing damage done with two handed weapons(to keep the "inflavor of the race" buff) or a heavy attack bonus of some kind, I don't really know but as long as rugged and cold resistance remain basically useless, then so will nords in general.

hmm true that reduction to damage be better at 10% instead of 6%

End game its useless, you will be at resistance caps in PvE, it may help PvP though.
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    I AM SO *****sick of Zenimax making Argonians mediocre at everything, not following their own damn lore (or website description), continuing to cling to unique but horrible racials (potion passive) and unwilling to give this race the respect it deserves. I am now thoroughly convinced Worbel and the other decision makers are ALL Dark Elves.

ZOS made Argonians the best healers with their first changes. But, i guess, bc of QQ in PTS-Forum they reverted it. 9% more healing done was great (even for tanks...stronger vigor). Second thing, the potion passive is imo good. When you need ressources you are usually drinking a potion and you'll get some ressources back, i don't know what everyone is complaining about...

All argonians had to do with the initial changes was go from stamina tank to magika tank, Templar magika tank, DK magika Igneus shield+ inhale + Dragon blood, and Nightblade Magika Sap tank only sorc magika tanks would have needed resto staff on back bar. I have a Nightblade vamp high elf magicka sap tank thats tanked all content minus sanctum and maw in crap gear so far was thinking of making the argonian switch still am to be honest.
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    .... So nothing else for Nords or Orcs ? ..... No "reverting the health recovery nerf back to 30%" ?

To be honest I'd rather them fix the 6% damage reduction passive or nerf the useless Cold damage reduction and buff something else. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the 6% stamina bonus but it is still not enough.

I also understand that people like making health regen builds (which honestly seem useless to me, you can stay alive yay! But you can't kill and being a tank in PVP is pointless with taunt not forcing players to attack you. And in PVE why regen? You can either go magicka tank and self heal forever or bring a healer on your team and be done with it!)

Please don't get me wrong I get "fun, niche builds" I have been maining a Nord Stamina DK Heavy Armor DPS since Beta I GET the appeal of going against the grain and doing your own thing I have taken a ton of flak from elitist jerks because of my set up, yeah I can't pull 30k+ DPs but I can pull 15k-20k single target which is more then enough for me.

So please trust me when I say I'm not trying to attack all you health regen builds out there, but they need to buff the races to the benefit of the majority here. Nord has been the laughing stock alongside argonians for too long and "un-nerfing health regen" isn't gonna fix that. We need something better, a fix so our rugged passive doesn't become pointless would be nice for starters but more needs to be done. Maybe more stamina? Removing the resist frost and increasing damage done with two handed weapons(to keep the "inflavor of the race" buff) or a heavy attack bonus of some kind, I don't really know but as long as rugged and cold resistance remain basically useless, then so will nords in general.

hmm true that reduction to damage be better at 10% instead of 6%

End game its useless, you will be at resistance caps in PvE, it may help PvP though.

This exactly, the damage reduction without it ignoring the resistance hard cap is useless to most people who run nords cause they run them as tanks.
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    DeadDealer wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno hey, no new achievements for new dungeons?
    There are new achievements for the two new dungeons. Do you not see them on the list?
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    No, the event is no longer on the PTS. We received a lot of great feedback, and at this point needed to test the activation/deactivation process to make sure the event turns on and off properly.
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    We need a little more information if this is the case. How are they broken? Is it all synergies, or just specific ones?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We need a little more information if this is the case. How are they broken? Is it all synergies, or just specific ones?

It feels like, synergies can only be activated in a distance of 3.5m (?) rather than in an area with a max distance of 3.5m.
    This makes it extremely hard to get those synergys (don't stand on top of spears etc to get it) especially when they are moving (orbs).
    edit: it's the same on live. and it worked a bit better with pts 2.5...but dunno if it just felt that way or if it was really better.
    Edited by Destruent on July 12, 2016 1:50PM
    Noobplar
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. Orcs get a weapon damage buff and Khajiit get a crit buff, but no one gets a spell damage buff.

Because you have Dunmers dealing 7% more dmg with flame and 2% more damage with frost and shock, which means they can play any class magicka and be at the highest damage dealers, since end game we ALL use inferno malstrom staves, id even bet that Dunmer sorcs will out dps Altmer only due to that 7% fire damage passive, especially when combined with 12% more dmg with inferno stave heavy attack passive from Destro skill.

Nords, as end game tanks, are a bit more viable now, but still an imperial or an Orc seems better due to max stats or healing recieved imo.

Dunmer flame damage isn't even working correctly on the PTS, if it goes live that way you have nothing to worry about.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    Still no news with regards to Breton ? I am kind of disappointed.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the event is no longer on the PTS. We received a lot of great feedback, and at this point needed to test the activation/deactivation process to make sure the event turns on and off properly.

Hopefully, QA is checking to make sure that the stuff that should be working after the event still works, and the stuff that should not be available after the event, is not available. The change from NA to EU characters means that players cannot poke at this for you. :smile:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be an odd request, but when are the delves for the tier 2 and 3 zones going to be expanded? The last time this was done for the tier 1 zones it was more than one year ago.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are new achievements for the two new dungeons. Do you not see them on the list?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Ever since the radius of use of synergies started to be played with there have been some major issues activating synergies.

Being able to use a synergy seems to be based on 2 criteria.

Criteria 1: Time from the initial placement of the effect.

Criteria 2: Distance from the effect.

It seems like sometimes there is a time aspect of synergy use. For example a synergy flashes for a split second, but disappear only to reappear if I fidget my character around in place.

It seems like sometimes I have to move way too much to use a synergy and other times I can be very far from an effects location, but still use the synergy.

Some strange synergy occurences.

DK Standard: The synergy is almost impossible to find if it is not used immediately and I can usually only use it if I I manage to click the synergy button within a second of DK Standard being cast. This probably occurs because the synergy radius is extremely small.

Super Nova: The synergy is almost impossible to find if it is not used immediately and I can usually only use it if I I manage to click the synergy button within a second of Nova being cast. This probably occurs because the synergy radius is extremely small.

Orbs: The synergy is almost impossible to find if it is not used immediately and I can usually only use it if I I manage to click the synergy button within a second of Orbs passing me. This probably occurs because orbs move around.

Bone Shield: The synergy is almost impossible to find if it is not used immediately and I can usually only use it if I I manage to click the synergy button within a second of the team mate with shield passing by me. This probably occurs because orbs move around.

Templar Shards: The synergy can sometime be used after a players has ran past the shards location maybe up to 8 meters away so long as a player travels that amount of distance in such a short time that the synergy use button has not yet vanished.

All of these issues are not exclusive to the current PTS. These issues have been live for what seems like forever. Many players have tried to discuss this issue and this is yet another problem that is frustrating to tanks. Every tank that I know is really tired of having to find these synergies because of how inconsistent they are in appearing and how much unnecessary movement that these synergies may require to trigger their synergy key to pop up.

I hope that my description helps. I forgot to add the synergy bugs to my laundry list thread - I will try to get a video up. Thank you.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 12, 2016 7:13PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just hope the dev's listen,

Stamina & Magic > Health
    Magic > Healing received/given
    Argonian potion passive < everything else

Its not about pure numbers its how useful the abilities are. Someone kicking out more damage, more healing and bigger shields is a lot more powerful than a guy with more health.

Please release the health increases are seen as worse than stamina and magic, Argonian healing 5% given and taken is not the same as 10% magic.
    The potion passive is hated by everyone who plays an Argonian. Please give us 6% magic and drop the restore by potions.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno How the discussion thread on Impen being added back for he loot table coming along?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Ever since the radius of use of synergies started to be played with there have been some major issues activating synergies.

It seems like sometimes there is a time aspect of synergy use. For example a synergy flashes for a split second, but disappear only to reappear if I fidget my character around in place.

It seems like sometimes I have to move way too much to use a synergy and other times I can be very far from an effects location, but still use the synergy.

DK Standard: The synergy is almost impossible to find if it is not used immediately and I can usually only use it if I I manage to click the synergy button within a second of DK Standard being cast. This probably occurs because the synergy radius is extremely small.

Super Nova: The synergy is almost impossible to find if it is not used immediately and I can usually only use it if I I manage to click the synergy button within a second of DK Standard being cast. This probably occurs because the synergy radius is extremely small.

Orbs: The synergy is almost impossible to find if it is not used immediately and I can usually only use it if I I manage to click the synergy button within a second of DK Standard being cast. This probably occurs because orbs move around.

Bone Shield: The synergy is almost impossible to find if it is not used immediately and I can usually only use it if I I manage to click the synergy button within a second of DK Standard being cast. This probably occurs because orbs move around.

Templar Shards: The synergy can sometime be used after a players has ran past the shards location maybe up to 8 meters away so long as a player travels that amount of distance in such a short time that the synergy use button has not yet vanished.

All of these issues are not exclusive to the current PTS. These issues have been live for what seems like forever. Many players have tried to discuss this issue and this is yet another problem that is frustrating to tanks. Every tank that I know is really tired of having to find these synergies because of how inconsistent they are in appearing and how much unnecessary movement that these synergies may require to trigger their synergy key to pop up.

I hope that my description helps. I forgot to add the synergy bugs to my laundry list thread - I will try to get a video up. Thank you.

Thanks, this helps a lot! We'll dig into this and see if there's a reason why syngeries seem to be so difficult to trigger.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Super Nova: The synergy is almost impossible to find if it is not used immediately and I can usually only use it if I I manage to click the synergy button within a second of DK Standard being cast. This probably occurs because the synergy radius is extremely small.

Orbs: The synergy is almost impossible to find if it is not used immediately and I can usually only use it if I I manage to click the synergy button within a second of DK Standard being cast. This probably occurs because orbs move around.

Bone Shield: The synergy is almost impossible to find if it is not used immediately and I can usually only use it if I I manage to click the synergy button within a second of DK Standard being cast. This probably occurs because orbs move around.

Thanks, this helps a lot! We'll dig into this and see if there's a reason why syngeries seem to be so difficult to trigger.

I noticed that I didn't update some of my copy and pastes when originally writing the post. I edited the post so it is more clear.

Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno for passing this along.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that sometimes it seems like a synergy can't be used because someone else already used it. That can happen.

It is still the case though that I can try to find, for example, a nova synergy for the skills entire duration, not find it, ask teammates if they used it, and find out that nobody was able to hit the synergy button on that effect.

The majority of times I believe that my own synergy finding issues are not caused because someone else already hit the synergy first.
    Don't tank

• ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭

Dunmer flame damage isn't even working correctly on the PTS, if it goes live that way you have nothing to worry about.

That is why its a PTS ;)
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    So that impenetrable discussion thread when is it going to be put up @ZOS_GinaBruno .

• PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

ACTUALLY, someone showed through testing that Bretons and Altmers BOTH had comparable healing ability to the Argonian WITH 9% healing. Just because it says 9% better healing, doesn't make them automatically better at healing than the other races. You would be AMAZED at what 10% more magicka can do. So while that 9% may have made them roughly equal to an Altmer's healing (and maybe 1-2% better), an Altmer/Breton conversely can ALSO use that extra magicka to do other things like DPS, while Argonians are still left being only good at..........healing.

As for the potion passive, like the healing bonus it looks good on paper until you start looking under the hood at the mechanics and realize it has some major flaws no one seems to want to acknowledge let alone discuss.

What are those flaws?

a) We only get our "bonus" once every 45 secs (a bit less if you invest CP or wear certain gear). What that means is (based on say 33k stam, and 20 health) about 4000 stam and 2500 life back over others. That alone is good but having it only available once every 45 secs sucks. I also use the term "available" because most don't just chug a pot when they can...you WAIT until you need it. So that often means your "bonus" gets diluted even more by that wait time. Now if you do chug a pot whenever you can it will get extraordinarily expensive (see below)

b) It costs us resources to get that bonus. No other racial passive in the game relies on an outside source to gain our bonus. Let me repeat that again for you.....NO OTHER RACIAL PASSIVE REQUIRES RESOURCES TO GET THAT BONUS. No potion, no bonus. I don't see any other race with that limitation. Altmer's don't need to eat a certain food every 15 mins to keep their extra magicka or Bosmers don't have to keep a certain poison on their weapons to get their stamina regen. No, they get their bonuses 24/7, rain or shine, while we only get our bonus based on very specific circumstances.

Not only that but those resources cost money to either buy, make or find. I'm sure you will counter with......"but green pots are cheap and easy to find!" Well you are missing the point, no other race has to worry about having to have even a cheap potion on them. Hell we aren't even compensated for this fact by having the bonus be much higher to offset the negatives. Sorry but I would much rather have the Altmer's max magicka, Bosmer's stam regen, or Khajiit's weapon crit WAY before this passive.

And the fact that you don't get why we are complaining says it all. You either dont play an Argonian regularly to see our shortcomings first hand or you just have blinders on and don't see how much better the other races are by comparison.

• twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit

Nimble: This passive ability’s recent change from granting a Health Recovery bonus to a Max Stamina bonus has been reverted. It now grants the same bonuses currently granted on the Live megaservers.

The reasoning behind this was because a couple of guys were running a sub-optimal health regen build.

IMO Health regen builds are not viable. So don't revert the changes for some niche build that doesn't work.

thank you.
  • grimscalrwb17_ESO
    Why does it seem the deves just don't want to make Argonians really good at something?

Every race needs a good game mechanic, the lore and look of a race is important, but ultimately means nothing if there so middle of the road as to be good at nothing and at a disadvantage compared to other races.
    Race is supposed to be a flavor, a player choice that should not unduly effect the game.
    You can play any class with any race using any armour or weapon.
    But because the race abilities effect that, We have a situation where some races are really good some types of class builds.

ok fine but then all races need to have a meaningful ability to bring to a character build.

Argonians pay gold or resources by having to use a potion to trigger 12% max stat ability.
    using cheep or drop potions to achieve this, means your using weak and barely useful potions that wont buff you.
    while this ability is useful there needs to be something else. Something distinctive that makes them better at something.

Being a best healer or doing more magic damage is some of the thing suggested here in this forum.
    There are supposed to be shadowscale among them. extra poison damage, tighter detection range, cast stealth abilities lasting longer.
    There has to be something there actually good at that matters, swimming speed is nothing more then fluff, situational at best.
    for my 2 cents worth. Better healing done and received is good but much higher healing done 9% and 5% received.
    Along with cheaper use of a Restoration staff.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In veteran cradle of shadows our party had troubles with igniting fires (braizers) , using Blazing Spear or Mystic Orbs.
    Synergy promt didn't show up at all most of times.

In Ruins of Mazzatun I couldn't shake off that spice several times. Synergy promt didn't show up. Other interactions with spice were ok ( we were able to pick it up and carry through room).

Edited by Anhedonie on July 13, 2016 11:39AM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also dunmer racial passive is broken and doesn't increase flame damage at rank 2 and 3.
  • Phatalix
    Phatalix
    ✭✭
    I heard the champion points cap was going to be raised. If so, by how much
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Argonian Synergize more with poisons

Put a 10 second cooldown (or 20) on the potion drinking passive; allow it to go off whenever you poison a target with poison as well.

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Phatalix wrote: »
    I heard the champion points cap was going to be raised. If so, by how much

@Phatalix

Unfortunately by 30 only..