The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v2.5.2

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phatalix wrote: »
    I heard the champion points cap was going to be raised. If so, by how much

30 points
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    argouru wrote: »
    Reykice wrote: »
    Lol a lot of new characters will be deleted now...

Why no magic damage racial for any race?

I agree. Orcs get a weapon damage buff and Khajiit get a crit buff, but no one gets a spell damage buff.

Because you have Dunmers dealing 7% more dmg with flame and 2% more damage with frost and shock, which means they can play any class magicka and be at the highest damage dealers, since end game we ALL use inferno malstrom staves, id even bet that Dunmer sorcs will out dps Altmer only due to that 7% fire damage passive, especially when combined with 12% more dmg with inferno stave heavy attack passive from Destro skill.

Then you have Altmers dealing 4% fire, frost and shock .

So you have two races than gain a buff to elemental damage.

Nords, as end game tanks, are a bit more viable now, but still an imperial or an Orc seems better due to max stats or healing recieved imo.

But not all magic damage is elemental. Many Templar and nightblade magic damage powers are plain magic damage instead of elemental damage, so playing a dunmer nb offers no extra damage, for example.
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »

I agree. Orcs get a weapon damage buff and Khajiit get a crit buff, but no one gets a spell damage buff.

Because you have Dunmers dealing 7% more dmg with flame and 2% more damage with frost and shock, which means they can play any class magicka and be at the highest damage dealers, since end game we ALL use inferno malstrom staves, id even bet that Dunmer sorcs will out dps Altmer only due to that 7% fire damage passive, especially when combined with 12% more dmg with inferno stave heavy attack passive from Destro skill.

Then you have Altmers dealing 4% fire, frost and shock .

So you have two races than gain a buff to elemental damage.

Nords, as end game tanks, are a bit more viable now, but still an imperial or an Orc seems better due to max stats or healing recieved imo.

Dunno man I don't feel a 6% stamina buff really makes nords anymore viable then what they were before with rugged/ frost resist and health regen being as useless as they were before. With 30k stamina on my nord DPS the buff really didn't add that much stamina to him to matter all that much. And as I said in a previous post with the nature of the game and lack of stamina regen while blocking I find Magicka tanks across the board to be far more effective and useful then their Stamina based brethren.
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam-DK-tanks are best imo. no problem with no stamreg while blocking and you can sustain for ages if build correctly.
    Noobplar
  • JustSnilloc
    JustSnilloc
    ✭✭✭
    Art & Animation
    General
    Beards will no longer display on helmets.
    Fixed minor skinning, clipping, and texture issues on various armors, hats, hairs, costumes, and adornments.
    Costumes and masks that remove the eye patch no longer give you a white eye.

So you become clean shaven, and you gain an eye back? Why would anyone want that?
    [J.S.] The Lost King --->
    http://justsnilloc.proboards.com/
    http://justsnilloc.deviantart.com/
    ~ 0==={{:::::::::::::::x:::::::::::::::}}===0 ~
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno PLEASE change back the Khajit Passives so they have the Stam bonuses! I leveled up a Khajit spcifically for this change! If you need to decrease the percentage a little that is fine but the health recovery bonus is USELESS! Please fix this I am very upset.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno PLEASE change back the Khajit Passives so they have the Stam bonuses! I leveled up a Khajit spcifically for this change! If you need to decrease the percentage a little that is fine but the health recovery bonus is USELESS! Please fix this I am very upset.

Its only useless to those who don't care to use it, bosmer will provide max stam and stam regen, so unless they suddenly want the races to almost be the same they won't likely revert.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭

Orc dont have weapon dmg buff. Orc have 4% more dmg melee attacks
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if you can trade bound items you pick up from dailies in wrothgar or from killing monsters there?
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to add my 2 cents about the potion racial passive a lot of the time it is calculated that every 45 seconds in a battle I will drink a potion. Only the most insane person ever would do that. Potions are usually saved up for when they are needed drinking a potion ever 45 seconds would not only cause every argonian to go through an insane number of potions but when you actually need it to not have a potion available.

An additional 10% magic is actually a hell of a lot better because it means every heal, shield and attack does more damage.

Constant regen or damage resistance is always up and probably accounts for a hell of a lot more in the average battle than what the argonian player gets from potions.

Please please please scrap our potion racial and give us any of the 100s of ideas people have suggested.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree completely. So pi55ed off with the game right about now
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Finn It been about 2 weeks since you guys said your going to create the thread about adding impenetrable back to the loot table what happened to that thread?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    juhasman wrote: »

Orc dont have weapon dmg buff. Orc have 4% more dmg melee attacks

Yes he is saying similar that this is for melee stamina builds but magicka races not have any spell damage buff (cab be either magic damage)
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 15, 2016 1:08PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Jaronking wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Finn It been about 2 weeks since you guys said your going to create the thread about adding impenetrable back to the loot table what happened to that thread?

Sorry about that! This was something that was apparently discussed while I was on maternity leave - we'll try and get something up before the weekend.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry about that! This was something that was apparently discussed while I was on maternity leave - we'll try and get something up before the weekend.
    My bad then @ZOS_GinaBruno sorry to kinda keep hammering the issue just something that needs to be brought up and with the DLC almost here needs to be discussed.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We need impen back!
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No more awful traits please.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No more awful traits please.

Yes remove prosperous and more experience traits from end game loot..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 15, 2016 4:49PM
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Found a bug on live now: There are no crafting writ boards in Kvatch and Anvil. Please add them in ASAP. Thanks.

And another thing, the trait table for dungeon and trial drops is severely skewed towards Training and Prosperous. 70-80% of drops my group gets are in those 2 traits. When we heard that you were adding more traits to the drop tables I was expecting that each trait would have the same chance of dropping. Instead, what we see here is ZOS stacking the deck to ensure that a LARGE majority of the drops that we get are useless.

It's bad enough that your loot system is an RNG nightmare, and now we find out that it's a RIGGED RNG nightmare. We as players want to be rewarded for our efforts. If you make it tedious, boring and grindy you are encouraging us to do what it takes to lessen the burden. Just look at the scaling fiasco that's happening now. I actually sympathise with the people doing it since playing the "intended way" just isn't rewarding. Fix the loot table. Nerf the trial mobs to make them less damage spongey. Make your game more rewarding and fun please.
    Edited by Contraptions on July 15, 2016 5:19PM
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

My bad then @ZOS_GinaBruno sorry to kinda keep hammering the issue just something that needs to be brought up and with the DLC almost here needs to be discussed.

No problem! The thread now exists here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279298/the-impenetrable-trait-item-sets#latest
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    .... So nothing else for Nords or Orcs ? ..... No "reverting the health recovery nerf back to 30%" ?

To be honest I'd rather them fix the 6% damage reduction passive or nerf the useless Cold damage reduction and buff something else. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the 6% stamina bonus but it is still not enough.

I also understand that people like making health regen builds (which honestly seem useless to me, you can stay alive yay! But you can't kill and being a tank in PVP is pointless with taunt not forcing players to attack you. And in PVE why regen? You can either go magicka tank and self heal forever or bring a healer on your team and be done with it!)

Please don't get me wrong I get "fun, niche builds" I have been maining a Nord Stamina DK Heavy Armor DPS since Beta I GET the appeal of going against the grain and doing your own thing I have taken a ton of flak from elitist jerks because of my set up, yeah I can't pull 30k+ DPs but I can pull 15k-20k single target which is more then enough for me.

So please trust me when I say I'm not trying to attack all you health regen builds out there, but they need to buff the races to the benefit of the majority here. Nord has been the laughing stock alongside argonians for too long and "un-nerfing health regen" isn't gonna fix that. We need something better, a fix so our rugged passive doesn't become pointless would be nice for starters but more needs to be done. Maybe more stamina? Removing the resist frost and increasing damage done with two handed weapons(to keep the "inflavor of the race" buff) or a heavy attack bonus of some kind, I don't really know but as long as rugged and cold resistance remain basically useless, then so will nords in general.

Agree with this 200%. Really hope the devs see this and make proper changes cause Nords have basically been given the shaft across the board since launch. Remember even back within the first 9 months of the game when the Health Regen "in combat" passive wasn't even working?! Yeah, I dealt with that for months hoping patch after patch that they would fix it. Finally 9 months into the game they did but it's Health Regen lulz. So basically for a while we were opperating on 3 passives when everyone else had 4. 6% stam helps in this next update but I agree, it's 100% NOT enough. A damage increase for 2H weapons would be true to the race lore wise, and would be a completely fair buff to a very under-performing race.
    Ebonheart Pact
    GM of Secret Order of Sotha Sil
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    NB Healer - Hist-and-Honey
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

For ESO builds & guides: http://www.ChimneySwift11.com
    YouTube: youtube.com/ChimneySwift11
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/chimneyswift11
    Facebook Gaming: http://www.fb.gg/ChimneySwift11
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , can you please suggest that cp 160 unassailable gets added to the game at some point?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    Branovices wrote: »
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Style Parlor
    • Changing to the opposite gender with a gender-locked hair collectible equipped will no longer cause the re-made character to appear bald at character select.

Why even bother gender-locking hair collectibles?

I agree 100%. It's incredibly sexist. Frankly I'm a bit amazed this is done in 2016. You trying to tell me that males/females can't choose their own hairstyle because of gender? Utterly offensive.

• Yirarax
    Yirarax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vudokan wrote: »

Style Parlor
    • Changing to the opposite gender with a gender-locked hair collectible equipped will no longer cause the re-made character to appear bald at character select.

I agree 100%. It's incredibly sexist. Frankly I'm a bit amazed this is done in 2016. You trying to tell me that males/females can't choose their own hairstyle because of gender? Utterly offensive.

You do realise that male and female characters have different models, which includes the face? If they didn't lock it, they would have to do every hair style twice. Same reason why they put locks for Khajiit and Argonains and vice versa.
  • Bahamut88
    Bahamut88
    Soul Shriven
    Dear Zos not sure if you really listen to every post on hear but maybe u will see this and answer one thing I love the fact that wood elves getting a little bit of love on this upcoming update but wld it not be possible to see the passive they have that while sneaking damage done is increased by 10% be changed to something along like Orc I think 5% more damage altogether not just while sneaking just in general
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭

Style Parlor

You are in the wrong thread. This thread is for stuff that actually matters for people who play the game for fun so post your ESO male and female gender locking hair issues in the @ESOrealproblems thread.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Style Parlor

I hope you are joking. Humanity is so thin-skinned that a video game character not being able to wear female hair, which, by the way, would look absolutely ridiculous, is "sexist". Wait, what? What about systematic oppression of women in some middle-eastern countries? Wait, sorry, virtual hairstyles are the real issue. I am such a bigot!
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you are joking. Humanity is so thin-skinned that a video game character not being able to wear female hair, which, by the way, would look absolutely ridiculous, is "sexist". Wait, what? What about systematic oppression of women in some middle-eastern countries? Wait, sorry, virtual hairstyles are the real issue. I am such a bigot!

Some of us are complex enough beings that we can care about multiple things simultaneously. Even things that seem minor to others. And I don't care about male characters being able to wear female hairstyles, I care about female characters being able to wear something other than pony tails and updos. Yeah, it's not real-life oppression, but it makes immersion suck in a game I play a lot. Claiming that complaining about a game-related decision in a game forum is absurd, is, well, absurd. This is the appropriate forum to discuss game-related issues.

If the hairstyle situation doesn't bother you, then not sure why you're commenting on the issue at all. Clearly you're happy with how things are.
    Edited by Vudokan on July 23, 2016 10:38PM