Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

login-servers down?

• Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    The thing that gets me is that implementing new anti-cheat software just before the weekend without thoroughly testing it and no support people around to help could be the most idiotic thing they (ZOS) could possibly do. I mean really? That's just a PR nightmare waiting to happen.

I don't know about that. After the fiasco with everyone and their dog hearing they have cheaters now everyone will hear they implemented security proceedures. Word of mouth in the gaming community kept many from this game at launch, and many don't sift through thousands of topics. Cause an outrage, say a big "oops". After a month or so all potential NEW customers will hear is yes cheating was bad on eso but they implemented a security program that was actually a bit TOO strong and banned a "few" innocent people./shrug Just my opinion anyway.
    Edited by Lumenn on June 25, 2016 5:40PM
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    The thing that gets me is that implementing new anti-cheat software just before the weekend without thoroughly testing it and no support people around to help could be the most idiotic thing they (ZOS) could possibly do. I mean really? That's just a PR nightmare waiting to happen.

I don't know about that. After the fiasco with everyone and their dog hearing they have cheaters now everyone will hear they implemented security proceedures. Word of mouth in the gaming community kept many from this game at launch, and many don't sift through thousands of topics. Cause an outrage, say a big "oops". After a month or so all potential NEW customers will hear is yes cheating was bad on eso but they implemented a security program that was actually a bit TOO strong and banned a "few" innocent people./shrug Just my opinion anyway.

Yeah that's what I think too and really, I rather be snagged accidentally than have cheating running rampant any longer.

I hate that it's happening to us, but I am glad something is being done about it.
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I keep getting excited every time my email pings and then no. No reply. :'(
    Options
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Untitled.jpg

Wonder Twin Powers, ACTIVATE! Form of, a magnifying lens!

So let me get this straight.

So a simple stupid hack that's been in game since launch didn't bother you. Rampant cheating and exploiting didn't bother you. Serious bugs, crashes, and defects didn't bother you.

But one single false positive by a heuristic scan that's going to keep you from playing for maybe 72 hours, that makes you unsubscribe? o_O

I guess that's just par for the course. It appears no one cares about serious problems until it affects them. This was discussed in the cheats and exploits thread. Eventually, those problems that you think won't affect will get to the point that they do whether it's directly or indirectly.

For me, I don't care if I'm a false positive or not. Three days? Lot's of other things I can do. And really, that's a small price to pay for them finally taking action against the rampant cheating and exploiting going on.
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xylphan wrote: »
    Untitled.jpg

So a simple stupid hack that's been in game since launch didn't bother you. Rampant cheating and exploiting didn't bother you. Serious bugs, crashes, and defects didn't bother you.

But one single false positive by a heuristic scan that's going to keep you from playing for maybe 72 hours, that makes you unsubscribe? o_O

I guess that's just par for the course. It appears no one cares about serious problems until it affects them. This was discussed in the cheats and exploits thread. Eventually, those problems that you think won't affect will get to the point that they do whether it's directly or indirectly.

For me, I don't care if I'm a false positive or not. Three days? Lot's of other things I can do. And really, that's a small price to pay for them finally taking action against the rampant cheating and exploiting going on.

Oh hai. Thanks for the bump.

Most appreciated.
    Options
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the Crafting bags were implemented I've been harvesting nearly everything along my travels through Orsinium etc as I level up Alts. I almost had the idea of running a speedy Orc Nightblade Vamp for Max speed for harvesting with CP and skills. Now I'm thinking about not doing it as I'm sure I'd get flagged for cheating.

Seems there's completely legitimate actions in game that can get you suspended. I'll say it here, the first time it occurs to me i'm gone to Overwatch. And I, like others, have spent likely too much already in this games cash shop. So I hope Zen gets their (Joe Biden reference) "Stuff" together.

Options
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain my brothers and sisters! Other people were in prison for 50 years for same reason - no reason. Stay together in the darkest day of history, the glorious days are already gone.

Options
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭
    you must work in support team man )
    Untitled.jpg

Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Untitled.jpg

I think your being overly harsh. While as sad as it may be, online games are a way of life for some people. This is their escape from reality or what they do for fun on their off time. Some people are on a budget and use their entertainment funds to play this game. Some people don't pvp where the cheats don't effect them. The lady up above had her whole weekend planned to meet with her friends, guild, and raid. I'd be pretty upset if I got suspended for something I didn't do, for a game I can barely afford, and lost the weekend I was looking forward to after a hard work week. Some of these people have been loyal paying customers since launch and are Being treated like this due to zos programming incompetence? A lot of it is principle. Canceling a subscription is sending a message. Where do you get off being so high and mighty?
    Edited by LegacyDM on June 25, 2016 9:55PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never did mealstorm arena, I don't think its because of that ...
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Untitled.jpg

I think your being overly harsh. While as sad as it may be, online games are a way of life for some people. This is their escape from reality or what they do for fun on their off time. Some people are on a budget and use their entertainment funds to play this game. Some people don't pvp where the cheats don't effect them. The lady up above had her whole weekend planned to meet with her friends, guild, and raid. I'd be pretty upset if I got suspended for something I didn't do, for a game I can barely afford, and lost the weekend I was looking forward to after a hard work week. Some of these people have been loyal paying customers since launch and are Being treated like this due to zos programming incompetence? A lot of it is principle. Canceling a subscription is sending a message. Where do you get off being so high and mighty?

icDAk.gif
    Edited by Mureel on June 25, 2016 11:06PM
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

After much thought, we've felt it necessary to close this thread. The reason being that discussing disciplinary actions openly on the forums is against the Forum Rules. We have to suggest that anyone who wishes to appeal any action on their account to contact Customer Support mentioning an appeal. We understand this is a troublesome matter, though a specialized team will work to ensure any mistake if any is corrected.

Thank you for understanding.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on June 25, 2016 11:25PM
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.