The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DB Extreme Crashing Issues

FilteredRiddle
FilteredRiddle
✭✭✭✭
I tried to go to Elden Root to turn in some keys, and now I'm trying to escape. I have 180mbps internet speed, so it isn't an issue of user lag, but thus far I've crashed 15 times in a row. I have restarted my console twice with no effect. Help?
Xbox One NA
The Sentinels of Padomay
Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
- Jane McGonigal
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing. Endless force closes. Cant even play for 30 minutes now.
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm it's on multiple characters as well.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • Elder_Martin
    Elder_Martin
    ✭✭✭
    It's in multiple places. It's kind of like the crashing in Cyrodiil but widespread. It's probably from overpopulation or something like that. I just crashed in the Gold Coast.

Edit: Just crashed in Mournhold as well.
    Edited by Elder_Martin on June 14, 2016 9:50PM
    I am the real Mudcrab Merchant.
    Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • Goten
    Goten
    Soul Shriven
    I keep crashing as well I'm in Elden root
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Happened a lot after TG in pvp but now it is a lot worse very annoying. Since DB dropped on xb1 I've dashboarded no less than 10 times due to whatever is causing it.
    Edited by AJ_1988 on June 14, 2016 11:35PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashed so bad 1 hour ago that my Xbox one got stuck on a black screen that eventually shut down the console while in Grahtwood
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Elder_Martin
    Elder_Martin
    ✭✭✭
    Kvatch is the new Orsinium.
    Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • InternalMonolog
    Elden Root is the big problem for me.

If you sign the Undaunted pledge in Elden Root, can you go to another location in the future? I tried talking to an Undaunted person at a different enclave, but they did not have a daily for me. Am I forever stuck with Elden ReBoot?
  • Elder_Martin
    Elder_Martin
    ✭✭✭
    It might actually be an issue related to voice chat. I got out of all the voice channels and my crashing has significantly diminished (might be a coincidence). That being said I think it still has to be with overcrowding and possible texture packs (Orsinium sometimes doesn't load completely and everything looks purple-pinkish).
    Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We're currently investigating reports of crashing on Xbox One since the Dark Brotherhood patch. We're looking up console IDs for some of you in this thread and others to pull crash logs.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Astrid_Ironfang92
    Getting the same crashing issue as above since DB update. Crashes on the loading screen after I pick a character.

GT: Astrid IronFang
    Gamertag: Astrid IronFang
    Server: European
    Guild: Dungeons n Dragonknights
  • BeepEqualsOne
    I love the new content but I have to agree with OP and others that there is definitly something else besides lag going on. DB caused several CTD for me, but my other concern is that it now takes about 45 sec to a full minute to load NPC's in ANY zone. It seems the NPC Collison is in place but they are completely invisible otherwise for a good minute. In addition, the quest arrows/circles/etc helpers are also taking upwards of a minute or two to update as you proceed through quest phases. And when I pull up my map to look at the quest objectives they do not show up about half the time. Finally, I am finding that I will take a few steps after entering a zone and get the splash screen again sometimes two or three in a row again this is in ANY zone, not just gold Coast and high traffic areas. There was a definite spike in the previous issues during pri.e time yesterday, however these issues appear more bug related than lag related, it was no where near like this when TG released in March on day one. Thanks again for the great content, it is amazing work! Just wanted to let you guys be aware of possible bugs.
    Guild Master of
    Nirn Crafting Consortium
    Cooperative Multi Faction Crafting Guild

Xbox one, NA Server.
    Always accepting new Members!

Beep Equals One on Xbox
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We're currently investigating reports of crashing on Xbox One since the Dark Brotherhood patch. We're looking up console IDs for some of you in this thread and others to pull crash logs.

Thanks. Got the email to my ticket and responded
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Etchos
    Etchos
    ✭✭✭
    I love the new content but I have to agree with OP and others that there is definitly something else besides lag going on. DB caused several CTD for me, but my other concern is that it now takes about 45 sec to a full minute to load NPC's in ANY zone. It seems the NPC Collison is in place but they are completely invisible otherwise for a good minute. In addition, the quest arrows/circles/etc helpers are also taking upwards of a minute or two to update as you proceed through quest phases. And when I pull up my map to look at the quest objectives they do not show up about half the time. Finally, I am finding that I will take a few steps after entering a zone and get the splash screen again sometimes two or three in a row again this is in ANY zone, not just gold Coast and high traffic areas. There was a definite spike in the previous issues during pri.e time yesterday, however these issues appear more bug related than lag related, it was no where near like this when TG released in March on day one. Thanks again for the great content, it is amazing work! Just wanted to let you guys be aware of possible bugs.

Exactly this for me. Haven't had any crashes but all issues above are a problem.

In addition quite often I'm finding that after dismounting my toon remainings in the seated position while moving around.

Love the content but the glitches are annoying. Second day running so a console restart is not the solution
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Thank you, @beepbrockb14_ESO. We're forwarding these additional call-outs to the Dev team to look into as well. It sounds like everything above started after the Dark Brotherhood update?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add me please for log pulling if you need more examples. Crashed several times in Grahtwood last night between 2100 and 2300.

For me the IC update did the same thing. The TG update I did not have these issues(But I know others did). DB update I am back to game crashing to desktop. I emptied cache on the XBOX and I also got my toons out of Grahtwood and the crashing stopped.
    Edited by Defilted on June 15, 2016 4:21PM
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • HaloGod
    HaloGod
    Same here. Almost every zone I go to takes 1-2 minutes to load NPCs and multiple random load screens once I'm in the zone.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Many of us on PC have been experiencing a LOT of 'crash to black screen' since DB, I'm sure the devs have a list of all my and other player submissions when prompted after the crash. It happens randomly after wayshining, going into buildings, even had it happen when dismounting; screen will stutter and then instant 'black screen'.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else that I though was interesting was that all the cashes occurred at the Undaunted area. If I was just standing there and not moving or interacting with the game the system seemed to operate fine, but as soon as I would move my character the game would chunk then I would crash. On one attempt I stood there until the all the people had loaded around me , but the NPC's had not loaded quite yet and when I moved it crashed. I never tried again after that time, but I wonder if I would have stood there long enough for the game to catch up if I would not have crashed.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox one since DB dropped I've had the same issues as already stated. I also noticed I can not view or select quests via the map menu. I have to go into my journal to pull up any quests. I'll also send in a ticket right now for it too
  • BeepEqualsOne

Thank you, @beepbrockb14_ESO. We're forwarding these additional call-outs to the Dev team to look into as well. It sounds like everything above started after the Dark Brotherhood update?

Yes, that is correct. I am a daily player and I have noticed the invisible NPC's when logging into a major city prior to the DB patch, but they only stayed invisible for about 5-10 seconds before they fully loaded, as with the all black silhouettes of player characters. However, After the patch the load time for both NPC's and PC's are substantially, easily 30-45 seconds, longer in all zones upon entering any part of the zone, city or open wilderness. Lag may be part of the issue, but it appears to me that the programmers may have altered the way players and NPC's load. This is a minor issue, with the exception that as DB is a murder based add-on, meaning you will get fines most likely and instant guard attacks, not being able to see the guards and other NPC's for 30-45 seconds can cause death fairly quickly if you happen to be in the wrong place, as collision and AI is still active with these NPC's they are just not interactable or visible, until they fully "load" into the game. I have also noticed this to be an issue in certain quest areas, as I was running the first DB quest and several, not all, invisible guards attacked me in the underground tunnel area yesterday. The quest update issue is brand new, I have never noticed a slow quest phase update prior to DB patch even in prime time high lag/CTD zones. As for the reloading of the area, I have noticed it doing this on occasion prior to the DB patch but only during prime time and in heavy populated zones, i.e. Undaunted Alcoves/capital cities, and only ever once. Post-DB update, every zone I enter usually "re-loads" 2 or 3 times after a few steps regardless of time or population. CTD's have been more prevalent, but I honestly feel this IS due to the overwhelming population increase in relation to this DLC, Anvil rafting stations seem to be an area of higher than average CTD's but nothing as severe as Orsinium from my experiences. CTD's have also increased in other zones as well, seemingly unrelated to zone population, i.e. in wilderness areas in usually low population zones.

If anyone is interested, minor things I have noticed is that certain UI numbers appear to clip in the crafting bags. There appears to be a slight lag time between utilizing an ability and seeing it's effect, rarely but enough times it is noticeably different post-DB patch, i.e. puncturing sweep an enemy that is attacking me, and damage does not get delivered to enemy, but typically works after a 1 sec or two and an additional cast of ability. Blade of woe and vampire feeding abilities are dependent upon distance from target it appears, but use the same synergy to activate, this causes many accidental "feeds" as many targets are moving around, In addition to the frustration of not killing the target without earning a fine, I now must wait a long time until my Vampire stage returns to starving now to reap the benefits. Assassination targets that are asleep in bed (Shor's Stone Contract) do not give the option to use blade of woe, regardless of distance, it provides feeding option, vampire, and pick pocket but not blade of woe kills.

While many issues may be lag related, I am positive that my internet connection has been stable, and although these bugs may have crept up on occasion pre-DB, it has become very evident post-DB. I was playing Thieves guild day one as well and did not notice any of these issues, aside from laggy movements and CTD's due to population which make me feel they stem from programming changes.

Again, nothing is game breaking or something that I feel people should be overly upset about, just some minor things that I have noticed and wanted to provide a report on to keep a great game steadily chugging along! Thanks for letting me bend your ear, keep up the phenomenal work guys!
    Guild Master of
    Nirn Crafting Consortium
    Cooperative Multi Faction Crafting Guild

Xbox one, NA Server.
    Always accepting new Members!

Beep Equals One on Xbox
  • HaloGod
    HaloGod
    While amusing and this particular incident was really bad, here's a video of the NPCs not showing up for a full 3 minutes. This started with the DB update. Hope this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Owx3eqX40
    Edited by HaloGod on June 15, 2016 7:11PM
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commenting so you can see how many times I crash tonight when I attempt to do writs.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • cmchone1014
    cmchone1014
    Soul Shriven
    Same issues as everyone. Multiple hard crashes back to Xbox home screen and freezing forcing restarts. Ever since patch update last night. Multiple locations, but mainly Gold Coast and Elden Root obviously.
  • s7mraschub17_ESO
    s7mraschub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Quick fix, turn off voice chat on Xbox, it worked for me. Dunno if it's the Kinect or not, have not troubleshot it well yet but I can play.

Edit: only worked a little longer lol never mind that idea
    Edited by s7mraschub17_ESO on June 15, 2016 11:09PM
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the problems I have encountered include multiple crashes to dashboard. Particularly in Gratwood, Orsinium, Hue's Bane, and other highly populated areas. However, Maelstrom Arena has likewise been unplayable due to lag and that's a solo instance. These problems have existed before DB but have gotten significantly worse making doing daily dungeons nearly impossible.

New problems include the audio dropping out and having to relog to fix. However, more disturbingly is that multiple load screens have popped up while in dungeons. In Crypt of Hearts alone last night I received 4 load screens and had to quit the game and relog. Monsters would spawn but couldn't be seen. Just had to cast AOE's and guess if you got them all. This happened to all members of the party with other members experiencing even longer load times than me.

Additionally, audio problems also suddenly began with Xbox party chat where it crashes the audio and you must leave and rejoin the party. This never happened until DB launched and only occur when ESO is running.

My GT is Caff32.
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    HaloGod wrote: »
    While amusing and this particular incident was really bad, here's a video of the NPCs not showing up for a full 3 minutes. This started with the DB update. Hope this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Owx3eqX40

This is exactly what happened to our group in Crypt of Hearts last night except we also had multiple loading screens. When we came out of them, we had wiped.

Edited by Caff32 on June 16, 2016 12:38AM
  • DracoBeowulf
    DracoBeowulf
    ✭✭✭
    If my wife stands in one spot for more than 60 secs she crashes back to the dashboard.

Gt: combattkitty

I choose to wait out the issues... Let me know when there fixed ;)
    Xbox One Gamertag: WITHGODNOW
    Xbox One Guild: TheTRINITY
    send friend request and message to be included in pve & pvp events
  • Talithan
    Talithan
    Soul Shriven
    I am also getting multiple crashes to dashboard when playing, only thing that seems to help is holding the power button on the console until shutdown. I am now crashing when trying to talk to NPC,s and am stuck in the chapel in Anvil.

GT: Talithan Miir
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had several crashes today probably 8 in all, about every half hour to hour, sometimes the screen will freeze and the audio will be stuck in an "kkkkkknnnnggggggeeeeeeeee" sound before it gives up. Other times it just blanks out to the xbox one dashboard.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..