The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Permabans being lifted] ZOS how are we as a community dealing with exploits/hacking?

• LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Taruha wrote: »
    Why is everyone so happy about this really?Most of the people who are really cheating and doing it on the low more then likely won't get banned since they have covered their tracks.The people who we really should be blaming who are abusing this cheat to farm VET MA and over leaderboard. They are still here and I doubt ZOS will find most of them.All ZOS did was ban the martyrs and people who was trying to get this noticed that's it.So stop cheering this on until ZOS really do something.

"martyr
    noun
    plural noun: martyrs
    a person who is killed because of their religious or other beliefs.
    "the first Christian martyr""

Really? xD Stop talking about them as if they died valliantly for some greater cause x)
    OK they didn't die but they gave up a game they cared about to fix this crap.You guys are cheering because they were banned but not the people who been cheating using this software for years.

Those noble souls. Giving up money they had put into a game just to save the rest of us wretches.

Give me a break. These guys got caught blatantly cheating on a weekend they thought no one would be around to pay attention.

this.

If they really wanted to be Martyrs they would have bought a second account and either changed their IPs and or run through a proxy. Makes no sense that they would have sacrificed their primary accounts when they didn't need to. Unless they actually were cheating and now like the post above suggests, trying to promote a cover story to save whatever reputation they think they have.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chori wrote: »
    I will not believe they banned 40ish players till I see their names on a list.

History of "soon" "no ETA" "in a future" and the lack of trust towards zenimax got my trust on them on negative values.

Naming and shaming like that is not allowed :p And neither you or I have any rights to see those names. Why would they lie about banning people? Seems pointless to me.

You are right. Why would they lie... I mean with the one post the forums went from screaming bloody murder to praising Zen. You are right why would they lie indeed.

Not that I think they did. I think they are telling the truth. But honestly, to pretend they have no reason, or would get nothing out of telling this lie is sort of silly.

Do you also believe that 9/11 was an inside job? And that the Illuminati are everwatching?

I'm not sure where you are going with this? I actually said I don't think they lied. I was simply pointing out they would have a valid reason to if they did, since you seemed to think there wouldn't be any reason at all.

But carry on I suppose.
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Why is everyone so happy about this really?Most of the people who are really cheating and doing it on the low more then likely won't get banned since they have covered their tracks.The people who we really should be blaming who are abusing this cheat to farm VET MA and over leaderboard. They are still here and I doubt ZOS will find most of them.All ZOS did was ban the martyrs and people who was trying to get this noticed that's it.So stop cheering this on until ZOS really do something.

"martyr
    noun
    plural noun: martyrs
    a person who is killed because of their religious or other beliefs.
    "the first Christian martyr""

Really? xD Stop talking about them as if they died valliantly for some greater cause x)
    OK they didn't die but they gave up a game they cared about to fix this crap.You guys are cheering because they were banned but not the people who been cheating using this software for years.

Those noble souls. Giving up money they had put into a game just to save the rest of us wretches.

Give me a break. These guys got caught blatantly cheating on a weekend they thought no one would be around to pay attention.

this.

If they really wanted to be Martyrs they would have bought a second account and either changed their IPs and or run through a proxy. Makes no sense that they would have sacrificed their primary accounts when they didn't need to. Unless they actually were cheating and now like the post above suggests, trying to promote a cover story to save whatever reputation they think they have.

Reputation on the internet? That is funny.
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭

History of "soon" "no ETA" "in a future" and the lack of trust towards zenimax got my trust on them on negative values.

Naming and shaming like that is not allowed :p And neither you or I have any rights to see those names. Why would they lie about banning people? Seems pointless to me.

So you and all the naive people that thinks this will be fixed overnight can have back your sweetroll. Or probably because their image is so bad that they fear their sales tomorrow, or simply to put it on a perspective that someone else did here before: "populist speech".
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭

So you and all the naive people that thinks this will be fixed overnight can have back your sweetroll. Or probably because their image is so bad that they fear their sales tomorrow, or simply to put it on a perspective that someone else did here before: "populist speech".

Oh I have no dellusions thinking that it will be an overnight thing :) I am just pleased to see that ZoS take some action against people that deserve it.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
    -=Nelaren Mosswind DC EU Stamina Nightblade=-
    -=Laura Desario DC EU Dragonknight=-
    -=Marni Bleakwood AD EU Stamina Templar=-
    -=Jealine Murow DC EU Magica Nightblade=-
    http://www.op-cast.com (Give us a listen if you're into RP and ESO lore!)
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious if they will be resetting Leaderboards with all the recent exploits. I don't think I've seen this mentioned.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    rokrdt05 wrote: »
    I'm curious if they will be resetting Leaderboards with all the recent exploits. I don't think I've seen this mentioned.

Agreed, time will tell I suppose.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
    -=Nelaren Mosswind DC EU Stamina Nightblade=-
    -=Laura Desario DC EU Dragonknight=-
    -=Marni Bleakwood AD EU Stamina Templar=-
    -=Jealine Murow DC EU Magica Nightblade=-
    http://www.op-cast.com (Give us a listen if you're into RP and ESO lore!)
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nifty2g I admire your patience in explaining your position and don't think anyone should tread on your reputation or that of Order of Mundus.

The comparison of double mundus or Twice Born star to hacking is extreme in any degree. TBS was a bug that was repeatedly reported and documented and wasn't in any way exclusive bug or closely kept exploit.

ZOS had months to provide a fix, which they seemed reluctant to do since IC and consoles were more important.

Same with Nirnhoned and Sharpened. I personally thought using nirnhoned was anti-competitive to magicka builds in PVP and didn't use it. By that point it was basically a game mechanic though.

V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      Community Manager

Yes, though we need to chat with the Dev and Live teams about timing. We'll let everyone know what the plan is, tomorrow.
      Jessica Folsom
      Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
      Staff Post
    2. SienneYviete
      SienneYviete
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think some people in this thread are very misunderstanding of the issue that affected @Nifty2g & all the other groups at the time.

Coming form a competitive fps background all tournaments and rule sets were controlled either by the governing body or a consortium of the top teams. In eso's case there is no governing body hence the top teams would have had to make the decision that all their runs would have to be recorded which is something they wouldn't do as this would just give the other teams their strats or openly allow the double mundus exploit as there would be no way of telling who did and did not have it active.

While an exploit is an exploit and is generally frowned upon, in this case the competition was so unregulated that I don't believe in the interests of all teams that were competing there was another choice that would remain fair to all.

EDIT: Just to be clear here there is a massive difference between using an openly known game exploit to provide a level playing field and using third party software to hack the game.
      Edited by SienneYviete on May 31, 2016 3:10AM
      Delta
      Valheru's
    3. Aeladiir
      Aeladiir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Could the Cheat Engine be one of the causes for additional lag in PvP? While obviously lower than zergs, third party programs might have an effect, right?

Are there any plans to check that out from performance standpoint? If it's even possible.
      Edited by Aeladiir on May 31, 2016 3:09AM
    4. jircris11
      jircris11
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      you people get a response, and even get informed that they are looking in to it. yet you are not happy. EVERY mmo has bots and hacks even WoW. ZoE is trying to eliminate them how ever they can though it is not as easy as one might think. There is a lot of work to be done and time to put in to the rework. This is something i am familiar with due to my past in game development. Be grateful that they at least respond to the issue, most companies send you a default email and never fix the issue. look at Nexon for example.
      IGN: Ki'rah
      Khajiit/Vampire
      DC/AD faction/NA server.
      RPer
    5. Francescolg
      Francescolg
      ✭✭✭✭
      I think that most of the cheating players are angry sorcerers because of the incoming patch and they don't care at all, whether being banned or not. It's pure revenge!
    6. Garwulf
      Garwulf
      ✭✭✭
      I think that most of the cheating players are angry sorcerers because of the incoming patch and they don't care at all, whether being banned or not. It's pure revenge!

Good. The less 'Zippers' the better. ;):)
      Edited by Garwulf on May 31, 2016 3:45AM
    7. Komma
      Komma
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think some people in this thread are very misunderstanding of the issue that affected @Nifty2g & all the other groups at the time.

Coming form a competitive fps background all tournaments and rule sets were controlled either by the governing body or a consortium of the top teams. In eso's case there is no governing body hence the top teams would have had to make the decision that all their runs would have to be recorded which is something they wouldn't do as this would just give the other teams their strats or openly allow the double mundus exploit as there would be no way of telling who did and did not have it active.

While an exploit is an exploit and is generally frowned upon, in this case the competition was so unregulated that I don't believe in the interests of all teams that were competing there was another choice that would remain fair to all.

EDIT: Just to be clear here there is a massive difference between using an openly known game exploit to provide a level playing field and using third party software to hack the game.

Of corse there is a difference but cheating is cheating and a cheater is a cheater. They always seem to have an excuse to use what they can for an advantage. I have no respect for either kind of cheater.
      Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
      Komma-cr160-Magicblade
      Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
      Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
      Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
      Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
      Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
      The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
      OTG
    8. OGLezard
      OGLezard
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Did anyone else notice, without me saying any names, that alot of the people who used to be nye invincible magically seemed to all be easier to deal with out of no where. It's almost as if they got scared they would finally be caught.

Just something I noticed today while in pvp.
    9. Pomaikai
      Pomaikai
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
      Thank you for raising this issue, we are investigating this issue. In the meantime, please continue to use the in-game report function to report players who are using any kind of exploit and refrain from posting names or videos showing names on these forums.

Nope. No more. Screw this "no naming" garbage on the forums. We want bans, permanent ones, and we want all the character names of the people caught cheating. Every main, alt, and extra account. We want a Hall of Shame where we can check to make sure that you haven't let these rats back onto the ship.

The buck stops with you, ZOS. It's high time you prove that you have at least one pair of cajones in the place.
    10. Rohamad_Ali
      Rohamad_Ali
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      OGLezard wrote: »
      Did anyone else notice, without me saying any names, that alot of the people who used to be nye invincible magically seemed to all be easier to deal with out of no where. It's almost as if they got scared they would finally be caught.

Most everyone was easier to kill today and not one 3 shot instant kills on me today . That's a first . Still seen some things so I guess everyone didn't get the message . Submitted more video just now .
    11. Pomaikai
      Pomaikai
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Attackopsn wrote: »
      Attackopsn wrote: »
      This kind of intentional exploitation and cheating is disgusting. This is the same behavior that ruined diablo on console platforms, such a shame to see players going out of their way to ruin a game.
      Well to be fair their not trying to ruin the game well not all of them some are just trying to get @ZOS to fox their dam game.Can you blame them for that?
      Are you joking? This isn't a bug, and even if it was, exploiting it at the player base's expense is fully malicious and should result indisputably in perma bans
      I never said they shouldn't be banned I actually posted multiple times they should be permabanned.I didn't state it was a bug but we all know ZOS knew nothing about this until we started spreading information which is sad.A lot of people just want them to actually stop stuff from this from happening again that's why their doing it as bad as they are.Its forcing a response and forcing ZOS to make sure this doesn't happen again.

WRONG! ZOS has known about this since Beta. They've been sent videos. Heck, all one has to do is spend five freaking minutes on Google to find the company that makes this cheating app that they lease to their customers. There is even a forum for crying out loud!

If for some reason ZOS never bothered to follow up on the cheating reports sent to them, nor ever did basic internet searches to look for cheating programs, bots, hacks, and exploits on an almost daily basis, then they're dumber than a sack of rocks and deserve yet another PR nightmare that's going to kick them squarely where it really hurts... Their wallet!
    12. Aztlan
      Aztlan
      ✭✭✭✭
      Simply thank you ZOS for doing the right thing. Very pleased.
    13. LegacyDM
      LegacyDM
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, i noticed the longest living man in the bible, a certain pvp lvl 50 on ep, has been much much easier to kill lately. Coincidence?
      Legacy of Kain
      Vicious Carnage
      ¥ampire Lord of the South
    14. Zabus
      Zabus
      ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, i noticed the longest living man in the bible, a certain pvp lvl 50 on ep, has been much much easier to kill lately. Coincidence?

Lmao now that this is out everyone's using it as an excuse for dying or not being able to kill someone. So sad.
      Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
      Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
      Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
      Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
      Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
    15. rokrdt05
      rokrdt05
      ✭✭✭✭

Yes, though we need to chat with the Dev and Live teams about timing. We'll let everyone know what the plan is, tomorrow.

Awesome! This is great news!

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
      'Fire| Nightblade | DC
      Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    16. Saturn
      Saturn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just a quick update for everyone regarding the recent influx of those using third party tools to cheat in ESO. We've adjusted our automatic anti-cheat systems to focus specifically on the cheats we've seen in the last few days, in addition to launching investigations on specific players. We've permanently banned 43 players in the last 24 hours who were found to be cheating. We don't take cheating lightly, and will continue to ban those who are found to be cheating. We'll be going back through game logs to identify players who were violating our anti-cheating policies in the hours before we performed the automatic cheat detection adjustment.

In addition, we're working on a number of fixes and improvements to prevent this kind of behavior from happening in ESO in the future. We'll provide more specific details about this tomorrow.

We want to thank everyone who has helped us identify those who would ruin your game experience by cheating, and the means by which they were doing so.

I'm glad to finally have an official statement from you guys, the last two days without response were kind of nerve-racking.

Hopefully you wipe the leaderboards clean with the Dark Brotherhood update, as there are now scores in vMSA that are unachieveable without cheats.
      Edited by Saturn on May 31, 2016 4:17AM
      "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
    17. ColoursYouHave
      ColoursYouHave
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Zabus wrote: »

Lmao now that this is out everyone's using it as an excuse for dying or not being able to kill someone. So sad.

You know, that was my first thought too. I haven't been on since this all went down though, and honestly, if I log on tonight and find somebody I've always struggled against really easy to kill, it'll at the very least make me suspicious. Don't act as though if a player you thought was really good suddenly isn't very good anymore the day ZOS starts banning people for cheating you wouldn't be suspicious too...
    18. rokrdt05
      rokrdt05
      ✭✭✭✭
      Saturn wrote: »
      Just a quick update for everyone regarding the recent influx of those using third party tools to cheat in ESO. We've adjusted our automatic anti-cheat systems to focus specifically on the cheats we've seen in the last few days, in addition to launching investigations on specific players. We've permanently banned 43 players in the last 24 hours who were found to be cheating. We don't take cheating lightly, and will continue to ban those who are found to be cheating. We'll be going back through game logs to identify players who were violating our anti-cheating policies in the hours before we performed the automatic cheat detection adjustment.

In addition, we're working on a number of fixes and improvements to prevent this kind of behavior from happening in ESO in the future. We'll provide more specific details about this tomorrow.

We want to thank everyone who has helped us identify those who would ruin your game experience by cheating, and the means by which they were doing so.

I'm glad to finally have an official statement from you guys, the last two days without response were kind of nerve-racking.

Hopefully you wipe the leaderboards clean with the Dark Brotherhood update, as there are now scores in vMSA that are unachieveable without cheats.

They will be, date/time has yet tbd.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
      'Fire| Nightblade | DC
      Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    19. ikza
      ikza
      ✭✭✭
      jircris11 wrote: »
      you people get a response, and even get informed that they are looking in to it. yet you are not happy. EVERY mmo has bots and hacks even WoW. ZoE is trying to eliminate them how ever they can though it is not as easy as one might think. There is a lot of work to be done and time to put in to the rework. This is something i am familiar with due to my past in game development. Be grateful that they at least respond to the issue, most companies send you a default email and never fix the issue. look at Nexon for example.

Agree with you in some points but...

Im a costumer i pay a sub, ZOS does what I hope to do in case like this, his job.

After all we are humans, prone to mistakes, and im sure they gona fix this.

But by no means i gona treat the developer team like a heros for for doing their job.
    20. OGLezard
      OGLezard
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Zabus wrote: »

Think what you want but when alot of people just don't go down then the cheat gets blown up and permanent bans are being issued, then ALL OF A SUDDEN those same players are magically dying alot quicker, hell I myself with an unoptimized build, but one that I have fun with, was able to kill one of em. So to me, from my perspective, yea it does SEEM odd. That's all I'm saying.
    21. Sir Daniel Fortesque

Victory!
    22. WitchyWarrior
      WitchyWarrior
      ✭✭✭✭
      What amazes me is after this got very public, people are STILL doing it tonight.
      Oh well. Hopefully ZOS won't get flooded with false claims and can sift through them to get to the actual cheaters.

I'm glad they are taking this serious and keeping communication open, even on a holiday, and after 5pm no less!
      That makes me happy :)
    This discussion has been closed.