The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Video Plea to ZOS [Sad Times]

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for some unneeded confrontation among the members of this thread. For further posts, please be sure to remain respectful towards your fellow community member, and constructive to the topic at hand. Keep in mind that baiting, flaming, naming and shaming are all against the Forum Rules, and can result in action on ones account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for some unneeded confrontation among the members of this thread. For further posts, please be sure to remain respectful towards your fellow community member, and constructive to the topic at hand. Keep in mind that baiting, flaming, naming and shaming are all against the Forum Rules, and can result in action on ones account.

Well at this rate, you'll only need to worry about players talking smack to each other for another year or so, since forum etiquette clearly takes priority over responding to players about game-breaking issues.
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• Daysie
    Daysie
    ✭✭✭
    Jules very spot on video of the problems that plague pvp. As much as i love the members in VE i wont dare to grp with them most nights because i find tf unbearable even on Loyaltys built for NASA computer. I play on the lowest settings and still have the same issues you have highlighted in this video. It is sad really , this game was supposed to be so great, it attracted so many great people and its a total let down.

Keep in touch, maybe we can play the next best thing together and hopefully get abetter pvp experience :(

P.S. I miss you <3
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I experience all the mentioned Cyrodiil issues on a daily basis.
    It is a shame that ZOS didn't make fixing Cyrodiil performance as one of their first priorities...
    It seems that releasing new DLCs, mounts, costumes etc is more important to them.
    Hopefully, the charge abilities issue will be fixed when DB will be live.

Quotes(http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/261799/pts-patch-notes-v2-4-0/p1):
    "Charge abilities, such as Focused Charge and Shield Charge, will now fire more reliably."

(http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/263662/pts-patch-notes-v2-4-1/p1):
    " Made additional improvements to charge abilities (Shield Charge, Critical Charge, etc.) to improve their reliability and responsiveness. This is part of an ongoing effort to improve charge abilities."
    Hello everyone,

It will be great if @Wrobel will respond to the mentioned issues in this thread.
    Moderating threads is perfectly fine but it doesn't address the mentioned issues.
    Edited by Universe on May 4, 2016 11:35AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    In Azura I dont experience most of these issues. Sometimes the ping becomes 400 or so but only for a couple of seconds. Frames are normally above 20 even in large battles, if it starts to stutter /reloadui does always fix it.

Only thing are broken game mechanics and skills. In Azura without the lags it's more obvious if your knocked down during the get up animation after breaking free 3 times in a row and then drop instantly from 50% to 0 from radiant destruction. Dont care if the skill is bugged or the health bar or somebody found a way abusing it, it simply sucks.

But tbh a major part of the time the game works like it should in Azura.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets look at this objectively:

on second thought....nah...would be a waste of breath.

I will say were really big on irony around here....i'll give it that. :)
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play on xbox eu and 6-10pm every day is like this. Except half the party will straight lag out at keeps. Game usually just closes down completely. The game is completely broken at primetime.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if ZOS ceased all development of new content so that they could concentrate all of their resources to fixing what's already in the game rather than adding more complications on top of the current problems. If it takes 3 months, or 6 months so be it. Please suspend new content development until the current game is fixed.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    I'd be happy if ZOS ceased all development of new content so that they could concentrate all of their resources to fixing what's already in the game rather than adding more complications on top of the current problems. If it takes 3 months, or 6 months so be it. Please suspend new content development until the current game is fixed.

+1

I don't usually say a lot but just to lend my voice to this.....In hopes of a change.....

For the purpose of this topic I would like to say this is an issue I would like to see dealt with ASAP. Even if it means holding off on DLC. I have a beast of a machine, and luckily I live in an area with great Internet. I don't get the lag as bad as others, but it does impact gaming greatly(Can only imagine others lag). I mainly hit lag at keeps in Cyrodiil with large groups of course.

MrBM wrote: »
    I think it is ridiculously sad that this thread has yet to get a response. But hey guy don't worry one of the forum moderators will come in and tell us to be nice to each other and certain post have been deleted!

+1 and you called it!

As a somewhat new player.......the transparency between ZOS and this for ever it seems lag issue...........does not give me tons of hope for a resolution.

Let me say that I love this game.......Let me say I will still be playing. But the fact remains if this doesn't get fixed, or forbid it gets worse, people will leave. I feel like it would be in your best interest to keep us in the know and let people help. Everyone here seems ready to send you whatever you need. I just don't get it.

I'm old school, maybe I am just used to my very old communities. I miss them.

NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • HenryIvan
    HenryIvan
    ✭✭✭
    nice vid Jules
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meteor plus this lag is driving me crazy. Yesterday I was in the inner keep and I jumped down from the oil position of the stairs to flip the front flag. I saw someones siege by the front door so I walked over to burn it...nothing happened....looked down for caltrops nothing there, tried again, wouldn't burn... then bam I am back up on the stairs I jumped down from getting up from the knockdown of the incessant lag breaking meteor spam.

Edited by Armitas on May 4, 2016 3:26PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This video is a perfect reminder as to why I only play on BWB. Sincerely, I would love to bring my guild into the vet servers, rerolling every time a low level vets out gets a bit monotonous after 2 years. I would love to play my vets. However, its worth it, to not have to deal with the things shown in that vid.

I applaud you guys for your patience to play in this sort of environment. I don't have the patience for that nonsense, I would rage quit and never come back. Its a shame, because I know you all stick around for the love of the game and for the love of your guilds and you still cling to hope, hope that someday it will be fixed. Disheartening, when the thing you love the most is so utterly screwed up, entire guilds have left and moved on, people leaving in droves because nothing ZOS does helps makes it any better. Truly a shame.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Lisbette
    Lisbette
    ✭✭✭
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console is even worse than that at times...especially with the constant blue screens now :'( . I LOVE this game so much...but it's seriously turning into an effort trying to look past all the bugs that prevent EVERYONE from actually even being ABLE to play :( .

I really wish ZOS would just suck it up and start hiring developers who actually know wtf they are doing technically vs being "creative". When ZOS realizes their creativity is being destroyed by their sloppy handling of said creativity, maybe we will finally see a change in direction in regards to development.
    Edited by Moglijuana on May 4, 2016 5:05PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »
    Jules you cut the video right before I got there! Why you do dis!? That was my drunk raid glory moment where i stop the lag :(

Anyways. I was surprised BRK escalated to that point. I took every single EP keep and scroll on the map and the faction still refused to leave. I remember when I was on red the zone used to get so upset at IR and Havoc for defending last emp keeps while the map burned. At some point i guess that turned around.

ZOS needs to change the rules of how objectives are played to provide more incentive for defending one objective over another. If scrolls gave more than they do now, people might defend them more often, but as it stands; having an emperor on your side is more of a boon.

Its not so much defending one objective over another. ZOS needs to implement rules that give an incentive to defend multiple objectives at once, if one is always more important than the other then we'll all just stack based on importance. We need things like a requirement of holding two keeps to maintain emperor.

I agree with you. There needs to be more incentive to defend multiple objectives. I think it would also help if personal AP gain wasn't the main objective. People sit around keeps waiting for the big d tick (understandable, especially if they worked hard to defend); but, it might make more sense to go defend or take back another keep or resource instead of milling about already defended keeps and resources.

It's called "The Elder Scrolls", but the scrolls aren't even that much of a priority for most players it seems; unless they can "farm" it and gain more ap instead of placing it back in their temple.

One other of the other issues, is when two factions are still working together even when it would benefit them to fight each other; especially when the third faction isn't holding any of either factions' scrolls, their own home keeps, etc. Having enough players in one faction to hold and defend keeps, while still enough to attack is one thing, but take that times two, makes it even harder for that last faction to get back on their feet.

Even if they remove the population commingling of Cyrodiil and IC, and let's say all three factions have 100 players each, you still are left with one faction at 100, fighting two factions of 200 players. But, yet, it's "okay" and "fair" because, they're all considered "pop locked". It would be nice if they could address this as well.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    Psilent wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »
    Jules you cut the video right before I got there! Why you do dis!? That was my drunk raid glory moment where i stop the lag :(

Anyways. I was surprised BRK escalated to that point. I took every single EP keep and scroll on the map and the faction still refused to leave. I remember when I was on red the zone used to get so upset at IR and Havoc for defending last emp keeps while the map burned. At some point i guess that turned around.

ZOS needs to change the rules of how objectives are played to provide more incentive for defending one objective over another. If scrolls gave more than they do now, people might defend them more often, but as it stands; having an emperor on your side is more of a boon.

Its not so much defending one objective over another. ZOS needs to implement rules that give an incentive to defend multiple objectives at once, if one is always more important than the other then we'll all just stack based on importance. We need things like a requirement of holding two keeps to maintain emperor.

I agree with you. There needs to be more incentive to defend multiple objectives. I think it would also help if personal AP gain wasn't the main objective. People sit around keeps waiting for the big d tick (understandable, especially if they worked hard to defend); but, it might make more sense to go defend or take back another keep or resource instead of milling about already defended keeps and resources.

It's called "The Elder Scrolls", but the scrolls aren't even that much of a priority for most players it seems; unless they can "farm" it and gain more ap instead of placing it back in their temple.

One other of the other issues, is when two factions are still working together even when it would benefit them to fight each other; especially when the third faction isn't holding any of either factions' scrolls, their own home keeps, etc. Having enough players in one faction to hold and defend keeps, while still enough to attack is one thing, but take that times two, makes it even harder for that last faction to get back on their feet.

Even if they remove the population commingling of Cyrodiil and IC, and let's say all three factions have 100 players each, you still are left with one faction at 100, fighting two factions of 200 players. But, yet, it's "okay" and "fair" because, they're all considered "pop locked". It would be nice if they could address this as well.

Yep, I said that line several months ago when they decided to change the value of scrolls. No one seemed to care about it. Game is called "The Elder Scrolls Online", yet lumberjacks keeping the lumbermill running at Brindle are the same value as any scroll hidden behind gates in a temple. Make sense.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • MrBM
    MrBM
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone,

@Jules ^The above is about all we are going to get out of them. I'm sure the big bosses have told everyone not to get involved with anything when it comes to PvP performance or any kind of request for actual New PvP content. ;) The MOD above should just lock this already cause it's like talking to a brick wall XD
    PC/Xbox NA

PC Guild: Imperator Rebellium (IR)
    Nexus (NX)

Xbox Guild: Guildmaster of Pug Rebellium

EP Dark Elf Nightblade: Mr BM
    EP Imperial Nightblade: 'Ichigo Kurosaki
    EP Lizard lolz Templar: 'Minori
    EP Orc Dragonknight: Get Lept Upon
    EP Wood Elf Nightblade: 'Sode no Shirayuki
    EP High Elf Sorc: Bolts for Pugs
    EP Dark Elf Dragonknight: Whip of Dreams
    EP Imperial Sorc: i Saber i

AD Dark Elf Dragonknight: Mrs BM
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

@Jules ^The above is about all we are going to get out of them. I'm sure the big bosses have told everyone not to get involved with anything when it comes to PvP performance or any kind of request for actual New PvP content. ;) The MOD above should just lock this already cause it's like talking to a brick wall XD
    ZOS is a brick wall? I think I have found the solution to our problems then.
    uGZwycj.jpg
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

uGZwycj.jpg

More like
    2ca916ec1c82192ad3be2e1578340c97.jpg

They'll be defenseless.
    Edited by Zheg on May 5, 2016 2:07AM
  • croakroach
    croakroach
    ✭✭
    Lag Solution: turn on friendly fire and let the problem solve itself.
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    Khamira wrote: »
    Nafirian wrote: »
    We can all hope, but as feng said ZOS wont fix it as they dont care as it wont make them money

Really?

REALLY?!

OMG XDD

Really, I'm the only person here with kinda-programming knowledge that knows that "fixing the lag" is not as easy as it seems?

You know how exponentiation works? That's a simple example, take number of people on the map and do the math how many data PER SECOND is transfered between everything.

That's a simple example/metaphor of course, but adding ONE person doing things, based on actual number of people on map doing things, can add from 2 (1 person + 1 new) to 81 (40 people + 1 new) signals PER SECOND.

If someone anywhere says that I don't care about XYZ because I can't reduce the result of the equation 80 * 80 from 6400 to 10 I'll say...

...some really nasty thing about his mother and his dog, cause he's so stoopid >_<
    You can't defend them just because it's not easy to fix the lag. There is no alternative pvp experience besides Cyrodiil. They shouldn't have put all there eggs in one basket if it was doomed to fail.
    It doesn't fall onto the customer to know what they're talking about. It's not our problem, it's Zenimax's. I'm paying hundreds of dollars for working PvP and still waiting.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/
    There are fundamental problems with Cyrodiil and no proposed solutions
    Edited by zZzleepyhead on May 5, 2016 8:09AM
  • forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

Anddddddd that's all we get from ZOS. Great response, you really re-energized me to play this game!
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    croakroach wrote: »

With more server calculations and vd procs? :0
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FPS fix really improved performance on my end. The last two days of PvP have been amazing. Hopefully this is a sign of better things to come!

*Crosses Fingers for DB patch*
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    croakroach wrote: »

Best suggestion ever .
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AoE Caps and the net code would be the solution.

Heck AoE Caps has a forum with analysis showing how if they were gone the lag would just be less likely to make an impact since that's a huge server calculation gone and the amount of players dying would be faster too. The net code is a problem that persisted way back during the introduction of the anti bot code, if they were both gone I bet this game would be just how it was in it's early stages of life 'Fun'.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Heck AoE Caps has a forum with analysis showing how if they were gone the lag would just be less likely to make an impact since that's a huge server calculation gone and the amount of players dying would be faster too. The net code is a problem that persisted way back during the introduction of the anti bot code, if they were both gone I bet this game would be just how it was in it's early stages of life 'Fun'.

Completely agree. The removal of aoe caps would be good for the server performance and great for balance. This way, smaller groups can do full damage to larger groups rather than having their damage nerfed.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

Completely agree. The removal of aoe caps would be good for the server performance and great for balance. This way, smaller groups can do full damage to larger groups rather than having their damage nerfed.

Yup IMO big groups shouldn't be the end mind-set for PvP it should all be about strategy and how you go about dispatching that strategy.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

uGZwycj.jpg

More like
    2ca916ec1c82192ad3be2e1578340c97.jpg

They'll be defenseless.

Where can I get a memory wipe ?
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • croakroach
    croakroach
    ✭✭
    Yup IMO big groups shouldn't be the end mind-set for PvP it should all be about strategy and how you go about dispatching that strategy.

The PvP mechanics (rewards and buffs) in ESO are not well designed to promote people to think strategically; but that doesn't mean you can't break from the herd.

Groups choose to run to the large cross sword icons when the strategic thing to do is to cut off, divert, feint, etc; you don't get much AP for taking an undefended keep. I.e. large enemy group are running for a scroll and the entirety of the friendly defense is in a massive brawl at the scroll shrine while the keep was undefended. Group of six took the keep, closed the gate, all enemy died, scroll saved: got 500 AP.
    Edited by croakroach on May 7, 2016 2:50PM