The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A Video Plea to ZOS [Sad Times]

Jules
Jules
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
Viva La Aristocracy
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think its lack of trying that keeps the game in this state, its the lack of abilitity to fix it

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS shifted movement calculations back to client-side then a decent amount of lag would disappear and it wouldn't make people crash. Easy way to deal with speed-hackers/bots and other exploiters is just permaban them.

Also, Haxus needs to stop zerging, that's probably causing half the lag. Like just look at how many haxus members are in one keep there.

Edited to remove masked profanity
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on May 1, 2016 9:58PM
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If ZOS shifted movement calculations back to client-side then a decent amount of lag would disappear and it wouldn't make people crash. Easy way to deal with speed-hackers/bots and other exploiters is just permaban them.

Also, Haxus needs to stop zerging, that's probably causing half the lag. Like just look at how many haxus members are in one keep there.

I counted 102 earlier.

Edited to remove masked profanity
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on May 1, 2016 9:58PM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of those very same DC came over to haderus and just started wiping that map out too. Good times.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Lyar09
    Lyar09
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HALPPPPPP us
    PC/NA | twitch.tv/ohhlyar | youtube.com/lyaryt
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

When there's enough issues for a 7 minute long video you know its bad.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And yet we all keep playing this game for hours every day. How pathetic are we? Abusive relationship material.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jules you cut the video right before I got there! Why you do dis!? That was my drunk raid glory moment where i stop the lag :(

Anyways. I was surprised BRK escalated to that point. I took every single EP keep and scroll on the map and the faction still refused to leave. I remember when I was on red the zone used to get so upset at IR and Havoc for defending last emp keeps while the map burned. At some point i guess that turned around.

Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can all hope, but as feng said ZOS wont fix it as they dont care as it wont make them money yes alot of pvp players would come back but alot have already gone to BDO and are invested in it or are doing what im doing waiting for CU.
  • Khamira
    Khamira
    ✭✭✭
    Nafirian wrote: »
    We can all hope, but as feng said ZOS wont fix it as they dont care as it wont make them money
    Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Really?

REALLY?!

OMG XDD

Really, I'm the only person here with kinda-programming knowledge that knows that "fixing the lag" is not as easy as it seems?

You know how exponentiation works? That's a simple example, take number of people on the map and do the math how many data PER SECOND is transfered between everything.

That's a simple example/metaphor of course, but adding ONE person doing things, based on actual number of people on map doing things, can add from 2 (1 person + 1 new) to 81 (40 people + 1 new) signals PER SECOND.

If someone anywhere says that I don't care about XYZ because I can't reduce the result of the equation 80 * 80 from 6400 to 10 I'll say...

...some really nasty thing about his mother and his dog, cause he's so stoopid >_<
    Kha'jira's Scribbles - Such Blog, Many Thingies, Very Wow!
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khamira wrote: »
    We can all hope, but as feng said ZOS wont fix it as they dont care as it wont make them money
    Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Really?

REALLY?!

OMG XDD

Really, I'm the only person here with kinda-programming knowledge that knows that "fixing the lag" is not as easy as it seems?

You know how exponentiation works? That's a simple example, take number of people on the map and do the math how many data PER SECOND is transfered between everything.

That's a simple example/metaphor of course, but adding ONE person doing things, based on actual number of people on map doing things, can add from 2 (1 person + 1 new) to 81 (40 people + 1 new) signals PER SECOND.

If someone anywhere says that I don't care about XYZ because I can't reduce the result of the equation 80 * 80 from 6400 to 10 I'll say...

...some really nasty thing about his mother and his dog, cause he's so stoopid >_<

This game worked without lag a year ago.
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Really?

REALLY?!

OMG XDD

^ Basically this
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Really?

REALLY?!

OMG XDD

1 year ago was the first months of 1.6 and probably the worst lag I've ever experienced on Thornblade EU. You should edit to 2 years ago.
    Edited by Erondil on April 30, 2016 11:20AM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of all the games I have tested over many years, this is the only game I can think of that the performance was better in beta and has gone backwards since then.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Music nub here: what is the name of the song?

Edit: nvm just googled the lyrics xD
    Edited by Soulac on April 30, 2016 12:25PM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Really?

REALLY?!

OMG XDD

And with more players on a server
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules: it is too late.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good song choice xD
    But yeah, sadly it is too late, nothing will change.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this doom and gloom!! Geez people! Either accept the game and have fun with it as it is and move forward or drop the game as many others have done.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    All this doom and gloom!! Geez people! Either accept the game and have fun with it as it is and move forward or drop the game as many others have done.

Doom and Gloom? Do you actually play this game at primetime? Because "doom and gloom" implies I'm casting an unfair negative light on it, when I'm not. This is how the game actually performs and it deserves to be discussed and worked on for real. When you care about something, you don't just let it rot. You do something. You do everything you can.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See... the funny this is... this isn't even as bad as it can get...
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

Doom and Gloom? Do you actually play this game at primetime? Because "doom and gloom" implies I'm casting an unfair negative light on it, when I'm not. This is how the game actually performs and it deserves to be discussed and worked on for real. When you care about something, you don't just let it rot. You do something. You do everything you can.

This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read about this game. Unfortunately, ZOS pay little attention to their loyal customers....

I know game developers who would kill for half the loyalty we see here...
    Edited by Xvorg on April 30, 2016 2:59PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Jules you cut the video right before I got there! Why you do dis!? That was my drunk raid glory moment where i stop the lag :(

Anyways. I was surprised BRK escalated to that point. I took every single EP keep and scroll on the map and the faction still refused to leave. I remember when I was on red the zone used to get so upset at IR and Havoc for defending last emp keeps while the map burned. At some point i guess that turned around.

ZOS needs to change the rules of how objectives are played to provide more incentive for defending one objective over another. If scrolls gave more than they do now, people might defend them more often, but as it stands; having an emperor on your side is more of a boon.
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

ZOS needs to change the rules of how objectives are played to provide more incentive for defending one objective over another. If scrolls gave more than they do now, people might defend them more often, but as it stands; having an emperor on your side is more of a boon.

Its not so much defending one objective over another. ZOS needs to implement rules that give an incentive to defend multiple objectives at once, if one is always more important than the other then we'll all just stack based on importance. We need things like a requirement of holding two keeps to maintain emperor.
    Edited by vortexman11 on April 30, 2016 3:05PM
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO pvp 4/10
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on April 30, 2016 3:14PM
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish ZoS would change their mindset on this matter. However, their unwillingness to even TRY things (Removing AoE Caps) to discourage mindless stacking up has caused me - as well as others - to lose hope.
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

Its not so much defending one objective over another. ZOS needs to implement rules that give an incentive to defend multiple objectives at once, if one is always more important than the other then we'll all just stack based on importance

So kind of like:

In order to obtain Emperor your faction must control all 3 Gate Keeps and all 6 Imperial Keeps. To maintain Emperor you must keep at least 1 Imperial Keep and ALL 3 gate keeps; losing even one will dethrone you.

If so, I'd love that!
    Edited by Psilent on April 30, 2016 3:08PM
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to choose.
    Option 1. hit anything and everything all at the same time with superpower AoE.
    Option 2. hit one thing with single target.

Not one of you will choose option 2.
    So....enjoy the lag :)

@ OP 4fps and 880ms ping throughout.
    Cringeworthy ..unplayable.. yet typical :(

At least the pings improved :D
    Edited by Rune_Relic on April 30, 2016 3:12PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Three things:
    1. I've been asking for the emp system to be removed or changed for ... maybe a year now? You simply won't see this kind of clustereff at drakelowe, you won't. Quick stop-gap measures: require 2 emp ring keeps to maintain emperorship, require all home keeps, or require 1-2 keeps and 1-2 of your scrolls. Simple, and doesn't require the impossible technical fixes ZOS seems incapable of achieving.
    2. I've switched to playing at low settings, and while it was hard to give up the graphics because the game looks beautiful, it significantly helps fps, and that was the biggest issue you were struggling with at that keep.
    3. You were jesus beamed at full health 3+ times and it didn't even take you below 90% HP ... hmmmm... :trollface:
    Edited by Zheg on April 30, 2016 3:15PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it unrelated to ESO now but the new Direct X 12 is suppose to be a miracle toy for multi core processor PC rigs . ESO Is already listed as one of the games that will launch it first . It's designed to stop bottle necking rendering processes ect that cause lag server and client side . Not sure when it gets released but maybe they are waiting to change anything around until they have that new system in their code . Just a thought .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on April 30, 2016 3:31PM