The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A proposal to stop wrecking blow spamming

• TX11
    TX11
    ✭✭✭
    Okay. Watching the video i think i can see the issue.

First thing, you are getting immunity everytime you recover from a wrecking blow knockdown, and it lasts ~6 seconds everytime, as it should. However, the immunity is only applied after you stand up, and there is a brief window between you standing up and you getting the immunity where you are vulnerable to a knockdown again.

Chronology of what happens in the video:

0:01 - you get hit by the first knockdown
    0:05 - you stand up, and your first immunity starts. (notice that the immunity only starts after you stand up, not while you are lying down)
    0:11 - your first immunity expires
    0:12 - you get hit by the second knockdown
    <up until this point everything is working as it should. but now...>
    0:14 - you stand up from the 2nd knockdown, but your immunity has not been applied yet. You eat the 3rd knockdown
    0:15 - NOW your immunity from the 2nd knockdown is applied (too late). You are lying on the floor, with immunity running.
    0:21 - your second immunity expires
    0:22 - 4th knockdown, and the end.

The problem is that while you did get immunity from the 2nd knockdown, it came a split second too late, you got knocked down in meantime, and your immunity was wasted since you were lying on the floor while it was running.

TLDR: the bug is this: immunity after a knockdown is applied a split second too late, allowing two successive knockdowns if the 2nd knockdown is timed precisely between character standing up from 1st knockdown and the immunity from 1st knockdown being applied.

I copy and pasted this from the other thread. it was done by sharee. If you go over and watch the video in the other thread and see what this guy is talking about you will understand and see exactly what the problem is. It is not WB. It is an issue with cc immunity. I ENCOURAGE ALL YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT WB TO DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THE CC IMMUNITY FIRST. If sharee sees this I hope your ok with me using your post here. It explains things very well.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    Dodge roll through them to behind, simple. Not to mention most WBs spammers has very high CP whats going to be fixed in Orsinium.

I am personally am not in favor of the nerf suggested in this thread, but I had to chime in to say that it is pretty obnoxious to white knight into Magicka build thread recommending that they dodge roll to avoid wrecking blow.

You need to balance stamina and magicka in this game, where did devs said you need to put, or must put all points to magicka? In fact, if you practice a bit more, if you just move around your enemy correctly and they cant use WB, you can just back off or move to the side of the enemy.

Btw, if they make WB bashable, block should be breakable, I hate nothing more than those block dudes and you are supposed just to watch when they stop blocking.
    Edited by Sausage on October 25, 2015 4:23PM
  • ZOS_RiedL
    Hello,

We have moved this thread to the correct category.

Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good suggestion. Increase the cost each time they spam it, yes. I got hit 10k then 8k by it last night lol.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change knockdown to basic interrupt, keep damage the same, people won't be frustrated beyond belief by being cc locked. I'm starting to think this is an unfixable problem (Across the board) so just adjust skills instead. Much like they changed the original awesome cinder storm and fiery grip (I now play a temp, they came for fiery grip and I was taken)

This is a good idea! Not only would this address many of the PvP complaints, but changing the knockdown to interrupt instead would actually make WB a better skill for PvE. Most of the PvE mobs worth killing seem to be immune to knockdowns anyway. An interrupt, on the other hand, can be valuable in many situations, including boss fights.

Edited by Emma_Overload on October 25, 2015 7:21PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good suggestion. Increase the cost each time they spam it, yes. I got hit 10k then 8k by it last night lol.

Time to wear heavy armor.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dodge roll through them to behind, simple. Not to mention most WBs spammers has very high CP whats going to be fixed in Orsinium.

I am personally am not in favor of the nerf suggested in this thread, but I had to chime in to say that it is pretty obnoxious to white knight into Magicka build thread recommending that they dodge roll to avoid wrecking blow.

You need to balance stamina and magicka in this game, where did devs said you need to put, or must put all points to magicka? In fact, if you practice a bit more, if you just move around your enemy correctly and they cant use WB, you can just back off or move to the side of the enemy.

Btw, if they make WB bashable, block should be breakable, I hate nothing more than those block dudes and you are supposed just to watch when they stop blocking.

I am not sure if you quoted the right person or not. I didn't say that wrecking blow should be bashable. In fact, in the specific post you quoted, I went out of my way to say that I don't want it nerfed. I don't want wrecking blow nerfed or changed at all. The only thing I personally want is a physical damage reduction CP line(like elemental defender/hardy) and cc immunity to work right.

I simply responded to say that it is obnoxious to suggest that dodge rolling is what magicka builds should use to defend against wrecking blow. No amount of build balancing is going to give you enough stam to use dodge roll as the primary defense against wrecking blow on your magicka build.

Edited by timidobserver on October 25, 2015 7:28PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reason there's so much "spamming" of skills is because of this paches damage reduction for some classes you HAVE to spam to do decent damage to your opponent. I would blame that and not certain skills.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people have such a big issue with wrecking blow? I rarely get hit by it more than once in a fight. It's so easy to avoid and counter.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • damtotb16_ESO
    damtotb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    TayDibiase wrote: »
    Seeing how spamming wrecking blow is the new flavor of the month and its a cheap tactic when used against magicka builds, i have a proposal. How about making wb cost a set percentage of "available" stamina. For example if it costs 30% of available stamina, the 2nd and 3rd time would cost so much you wouldn't see 5 wbs in a death recap, and a magicka build would have a better chance against it. I've used immovable brute against the 1st hit, blocked 2 hits and have been pretty much defenseless against the next 5 wb spams. This must be addressed.

No it must not.
    I play magica NB in LA and I easy beat WB spammers, and I not even cloack.
    Opinions are appreciated but everyone has one and this is clearly l2p issue
    SO PLEASE ZOS DON"T NERF WB
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rny4o.jpg

Seriously though a 2H weapon needs a strong ability! Just like the bow has Snipe.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking blow is easily avoidable if you are on the receiving end. It really is. And if you are on the delivering end, do you know how frustrating it is to land WB when it takes a sec cast time (which is a long time in a pvp fight) and it gets canceled multiple times because the other players moves around? Yeah, it's very frustrating. I'd love it if they gave class skill stamina alternatives as a high damage outputting skill to use rather than WB.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rny4o.jpg

Seriously though a 2H weapon needs a strong ability! Just like the bow has Snipe.

Strong - yes agree. Cheap cc immunity bypass bug - can be adjusted.

Also, regarding cooldowns, welcome to the world of templars lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro staff needs a strong ability, imo
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭
    it should cost alot more stamina agreed, should also use the stamina if wb is unsuccesful
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    Wrecking blow is easily avoidable if you are on the receiving end. It really is. And if you are on the delivering end, do you know how frustrating it is to land WB when it takes a sec cast time (which is a long time in a pvp fight) and it gets canceled multiple times because the other players moves around? Yeah, it's very frustrating. I'd love it if they gave class skill stamina alternatives as a high damage outputting skill to use rather than WB.

There is. Bitting Jabs and Surprise Attacks hit as hard as Wrecking Blow, if not more. Plus, Surprise Attacks don't even have a channeling or casting time and can be casted from stealth (cloak) in some scenarios.

Problem is that DKs and Sorcs don't have a high hitting stamina morph ability, yet.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    TayDibiase wrote: »
    Seeing how spamming wrecking blow is the new flavor of the month and its a cheap tactic when used against magicka builds, i have a proposal. How about making wb cost a set percentage of "available" stamina. For example if it costs 30% of available stamina, the 2nd and 3rd time would cost so much you wouldn't see 5 wbs in a death recap, and a magicka build would have a better chance against it. I've used immovable brute against the 1st hit, blocked 2 hits and have been pretty much defenseless against the next 5 wb spams. This must be addressed.

and sorcs use shield stacking and spam crystal frags, stam users use wrecking blow seems to me that is balanced. what is not balanced is cyrodiil and the champion point system. warlord?

Valen_Byte wrote: »
    As a DK, if I go magica build...I have Flame lash as a damage attack. If I go stamina...I have wrecking blow as a damage attack. That's it...nothing else does any real damage.

Blame Zos...they nerfed me to death, now only have one attack.

im a magic DK myself and having only flame whip sucks. I would to have another DPS magic ability.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    TL:DR

dumb the game down!
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who is on the giving end of this as my NB who uses it as their primary DPS and someone who has it spammed against them on his Sorc I have to say that I think it is balanced. It is a very powerful and lethal ability...and it should be because it also has a ton of counters and leaves you exposed every time you use it.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if you just L2P or try to learn counter it.

For example, walk through while WB is being casted. Simple as that.

Don't just run like a fool and spam AoE, observe what is going on around you and you start to see when WB is being casted.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    As someone who is on the giving end of this as my NB who uses it as their primary DPS and someone who has it spammed against them on his Sorc I have to say that I think it is balanced. It is a very powerful and lethal ability...and it should be because it also has a ton of counters and leaves you exposed every time you use it.

Yup. Though I think they should look at that stun component just in case.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »

Yup. Though I think they should look at that stun component just in case.

Agreed on this. WB leaves you vulnerable for a second while channeling it, and the channel can be canceled by walking through. I'm pretty bad, and pretty rusty, and I still manage to avoid MOST WBs used against me unless it's a group fight and I don't notice it coming - which is even more likely to happen with a crystal frag or snipe. The skill should have good reward for actually landing it. I don't use it myself because I'm simply not tanky enough to stand around channeling it.

The primary issue with the WB is that CC immunity is applied after you stand up, and you can be CC'd again during the stand up animation. Some people exploit this (either on purpose or accidentally) and people get pissed at the skill instead of the actual issue that made them mad.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 19, 2015 3:15PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    The primary issue with the WB is that CC immunity is applied after you stand up, and you can be CC'd again during the stand up animation. Some people exploit this (either on purpose or accidentally) and people get pissed at the skill instead of the actual issue that made them mad.

Yeah I've long said that this needs fixed. It also happens with jabs frequently as well. CC immunity should always be applied on break free from *anything*.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like wrecking blow, it's fairly easy to avoid. It's not easy to use on a skilled player.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking blow does not need any changes or fixes. The CC system needs one.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    I like wrecking blow, it's fairly easy to avoid. It's not easy to use on a skilled player.

Actually no man. It's CC is bogus and for magicka builds you can't really break free or dodge roll enough to avoid. I have to slot two skills just to counter this one on my mag temp.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    There is. Bitting Jabs and Surprise Attacks hit as hard as Wrecking Blow, if not more. Plus, Surprise Attacks don't even have a channeling or casting time and can be casted from stealth (cloak) in some scenarios.

Problem is that DKs and Sorcs don't have a high hitting stamina morph ability, yet.

Wrecking Blow has a tooltip that is 50% bigger than Surprise Attack.

Not that I have a problem with the damage it does, just the long duration hard cc it has
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WB does hit harder than surprise attack, but it's not instant and it doesn't proc major armor debuff or shadow barrier either. There are tradeoffs. I did once enjoy the thought of WB being a CC ability moreso than a main staple of DPS. I'm not entirely sure it should have a CC like it does. For example, maybe the Wrecking Blow morph (with empower) has no CC, and the other morph has no empower but does CC. Then you're choosing between CC and DPS.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrecking blow does not empower itself btw guys, so it's not constantly buffing itself.

You can land an ambush/suprise attsck/ambush in the time it takes to land one wrecking blow.

Jabs isn't really a contender in pvp as 2 out of 4 hits miss more than anything.

It's very easy to counter, just run through the other player again and gain and they'll never land a single hit
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was curious about WB so I've been leveling that skill on my lowbie NB. No doubt the great players know how to do it right, but I find it difficult to land unless the target is basically CC'd and/or not moving around. When I do have it land I'm always quite excited. lol If there isn't some sort of bugged delay on immunity, I think the skill is OK as is.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.