The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 4 Preview Video"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Update 4 Preview Video. We hope you enjoyed this sneak peek! Which part did you like best?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh.. more of the same. I don't mind PVE content, but are you guys going to address the fact that there isn't any point to it at VR12? The loot is lackluster, and character progression basically stops once you have the skills you want.

Was hoping update 4 would have at least 1 of: Justice system, champion system, spellcrafting, PVP update.
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yah a arena for our unbalanced pointless pvp....
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably worth mentioning here too that the FB post says "late July". Might want to fix that...
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭

The arena is PvE FYI
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Saw that dragonstar will have normal mode and veteran mode is that a sub lvl 50 mode or is it a hard mode for veterans?
  • Redempti
    Redempti
    Dragonstar Arena was definitely my favorite. But honestly I was really hoping that either the justice system or the champion points were going to come out this update also.
    Scumbagtre| VR11 Sorc| EP
    T r e| Level 22 | EP
    Redempti |Level 9 NB| EP
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... more Craglorn quests I'm going to spend weeks trying to find a group for because all people want to do is grind? I do hope it's not a repeat of that...
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any behind the scenes fixes that would not be mentioned in a PR video? I am particularly interested in questing/grouping. The current Craglorn is really cool, but the difficulty in finding 3 other people at the exact same step in the exact same quest means it is only cool when the stars align and you miraculously do find 4 people in exact sync. So an Upper Craglorn with more 4-player quests is nice content, but a little frustrating if the continued questing/phasing/grouping system is in place. :-(
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /underwhelmed Is Wheeler on vacation... Since launch?

Yes, I know. One can only pray to the divines for improvements to PvP after 4 months. QQ.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Any behind the scenes fixes that would not be mentioned in a PR video? I am particularly interested in questing/grouping. The current Craglorn is really cool, but the difficulty in finding 3 other people at the exact same step in the exact same quest means it is only cool when the stars align and you miraculously do find 4 people in exact sync. So an Upper Craglorn with more 4-player quests is nice content, but a little frustrating if the continued questing/phasing/grouping system is in place. :-(

I hope all that's added is some Delves, a Trial and the Arena, no new zone quests. I JUST finished the main Craglorn quest yesterday, finally lucky enough to find 3 people who'd just started Missing Guardian.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    Please ZoS, fix Cyrodiil (small 14-day caps, fps, latency, uber-one-shot bows, ban exploiters, ban macro-kiddies, etc.) before working on new content. I guess I understand that much of this may have already been in the works at release but dear god your game's PvP is DYING because of the above and many other issues and yet this is what we are getting.

The game has so much potential....we need YOU GUYS to stand up for it by banning those who abuse it and by working on the many issues that already exist. Obviously, for those who don't PvP, ignore my post, I understand fully that it reads as garbage...

Was also hoping we'd see that you've abandoned the goal of nerfing upper levels by doing away w/ vet levels and dumbing it down w/ 'champion points' and easier leveling...but alas, no go...

Edited by pad11 on August 13, 2014 4:38PM
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...but the difficulty in finding 3 other people at the exact same step in the exact same quest means it is only cool when the stars align and you miraculously do find 4 people in exact sync.

I see what you did there xD
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ agree, finding a group makes me cringe..
  • Maximus
    Maximus
    Soul Shriven
    What is wrong with you all, all you ever do is complain not one word of appreciation before blurting out mostly selfish complaints. *sigh* gamers will always be gamers. anyways i liked what i saw, cannot wait for update 4.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    MorHawk wrote: »
    Probably worth mentioning here too that the FB post says "late July". Might want to fix that...
    Thank you, just fixed it. ;)

There are a lot of fixes that will be going into Update 4, including the start of some grouping improvements (though we can't say for sure if that will include Craglorn to start as this is an ongoing effort). Keep an eye out for the patch notes for v1.4.0, which will be hitting the PTS soon. This will give you a better idea of what to expect in the entire update.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • pad11
    pad11
    ✭✭✭
    Maximus wrote: »
    What is wrong with you all, all you ever do is complain not one word of appreciation before blurting out mostly selfish complaints. *sigh* gamers will always be gamers. anyways i liked what i saw, cannot wait for update 4.

There is some validity to this statement Maximus, true...BUT we've been pointing out what is broken for months now...and still no word, still no bans, still no fps fixes...so from a PvP standpoint, while I do understand your point from a PvE point of view, this update is beyond frustrating...but you are right to the extent that there is a lot of complaining going on right now, and not many thank you's...but is there a reason for that? perhaps a cause and effect?

• Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More end-game content I haven't gotten to yet.

Yippee.

Hope there's more to 1.4 than that.

Won't be enough to keep the power gamers happy, since they'll have ground it to a nub within the first 3 days after release and then come back to the forums and complain how ESO is : still in beta, not Skyrim Online, not really an Elder Scrolls game at all, the worst game EVAR!!!11!!!1!ONE, going F2P, like, tomorrow!, anyone who doesn't agree with them is a *explitive* fanboy and the worst person EVAR!!11!1!1 and /or all of the above.
    Edited by Azzuria on August 13, 2014 5:04PM
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the second phase of the VR revamp supposed to be part of this patch ?
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maximus wrote: »

Words of appreciation aren't necessary. The money out of our accounts every month should be enough. Don't get it twisted.
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Do you know exactly what delves are being remastered? Or is it just new ones this patch?
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did we really need another trial and more group content? Were the masses really screaming for more of this content?

Where is the new PVP content? Where is the new solo/duo content? That is what people want and once again they are shafted. It would seem ZOS has no understanding of their player base.
  • sabertjnub18_ESO
    sabertjnub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Would really like to see spell crafting and/or champions system for update 4.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An arena for PVE (4 man content)

PVP content would have been better / new battle areas / change up the keeps a little / different siege methods but this is ok for now, just hope there are enough players left when the content we want to see if delivered.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    woohoo, im all tingly lol
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Did we really need another trial and more group content? Were the masses really screaming for more of this content?

Where is the new PVP content? Where is the new solo/duo content? That is what people want and once again they are shafted. It would seem ZOS has no understanding of their player base.

What is in that update has been planned and executed a long time back. They are not operating a lunch-line with individually served dishes for lone player consumption.

I'm looking forward to Imperial City too, but its pretty obvious they are rolling out content that is already made, not creating special requests by players.

Lets just hope they stay hard at work making the game itself stable and PLAYABLE lol, that is at the top of my fantasy 'want' list for this MMO.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully some decent gear sets are attached to the new content.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Eyepoke067
    Eyepoke067
    ✭✭
    I think it looks awesome, and I am very glad and appreciative of the hard work that has obviously gone into the game.
    Thank you to all the people who make this game happen.
    Great job!
  • MartinXKid
    MartinXKid
    ✭✭✭
    They're only showing of the major update in Update Four. That doesn't mean PvP won't have it's own change in the same update. Update Three didn't show or tell us about other changes like the armor sets bonuses.
    Until the Official Update Patch Notes arrives, We can still hope for PvP to have an update.

Also I would like to add is the thought that I do not think ESO as a intensive MMO where you are almost forced to play everyday and every time you can possible play. This is more in between Casual and Hardcore MMO where I could play for 3-4 days a week and do most of what I wanted in the new update and still have free time to make a new character in another alliance. It wasn't meant like WoW where you rush to finish the content as fast as possible. Enjoy playing TESO at a moderate rate of progress. It's been four months and my main character is only level 37 with other character being in the level 5-15 in other factions.
    Slow down and enjoy The Elder Scrolls!
    Edited by MartinXKid on August 13, 2014 6:10PM
    "War ..... War never changes"
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

What is this? More PvE? Cya guys!

Epic fail ZOS.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yay.... more places for people to grind......... look, the idea is cool, but craglorn atm is worthless in my opinion. People only go there to grind, the quests are group only(for whatever reason THAT is)and finding quest groups is almost impossible because.. again! all people want to do in grindlorn is grind. I really hope upper craglorn is not a repeat of that. if you guys cant make questing more incentive, to where groups will want to do it, than just make the quests soloable. Something needs to be figured out before upper grindlorn(im sorry, craglorn) is released. I know im not the only one that wont play it, if its only a grind zone. everything else looks cool. I assume the darkbrother hood and the thieves guild will be update 5 or 6. can't wait for it
    Edited by Cody on August 13, 2014 6:26PM