The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Removed Acheivements

• D00fD1ll4
    D00fD1ll4
    ✭✭
    Still no news of any kind besides "display error"?
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    D00fD1ll4 wrote: »
    Still no news of any kind besides "display error"?

I think ZOS lied about this being a display issue. I ventured to a crafting station in my fourth regular zone where I had completed the quests achievement several weeks ago. I stumbled upon a quest I had not completed previously so I quickly cranked it out and my bugged quest achievement went from displaying 0 completed quests to displaying 1 completed quest. If this was simply a display issue, I would still be at 0 or the full count. The issue is with the game not reading or accessing previously saved data, which are both far greater problems than a much simpler display issue. The fact that we are approaching almost three weeks without a fix also supports the belief that this problem is not an easy to fix display issue.
    Options
  • KnightMarc
    KnightMarc
    Soul Shriven
    Glad I'm not the only one, and yeah, an update would be nice. =(
    Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    They probably reset the counter, which just leaves the quest completion log (if there is one) to re-tally for every quest, for every zone, for every character and re-populate the counter on the database side.
    Options
  • KalecStromhir
    KalecStromhir
    ✭✭
    I just noticed that same problem now. I'm lv 41 and have done Deshan, Stonefalls and Shadowfen.
    It is more than log in log out problem. It is a server issue and lost data.
    Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hence why they call it a 'display bug'.

The server knows you finished the quests; that's why you don't get them again when you get near the quest giver / trigger, and when you enter phased areas, you're in the 'completed' phase, not the 'initial' phase.

However, the number in the achievement window isn't displayed on the client because it's relying on a tally server-side. Which they accidentally reset when they altered the number of quests required for the 'Hero of' achieves.
    Edited by Sihnfahl on June 4, 2014 10:10PM
    Options
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how this display bug is going to effect the armor dyeing feature when it's released. The colors available to you are based on your achievements as seen here:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/06/04/the-road-ahead--june-4th?ref=news-list
    Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, hopefully they'll have fixed it before then. Hopefully.
    Options
  • Moonchilde
    Moonchilde
    ✭✭✭
    aipex8_ESO wrote: »
    I wonder how this display bug is going to effect the armor dyeing feature when it's released. The colors available to you are based on your achievements as seen here:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/06/04/the-road-ahead--june-4th?ref=news-list
    Oh nooooo... achievement based dying. I don't understand how weekly trial achievements have anything to do with an alchemical process.
    Options
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still can't see my achievements.
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, "display bug" does not account for missing achievement points, titles, lorebooks, etc. All of which are also missing for me and many other posting here. An official explanation by ZoS about what/when to expect this to be corrected would be appreciated.
    Options
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a display bug. I had some quests reset, like Toothmaul Gully, at the end of the quest you get a bear trap, I did that quest twice and got two bear traps now and two skill points. I've seem several quests I'm sure I completed reset. I know because I got deeply involved in the storyline with one character only to remember. There is something fishy going on.
    Options
  • ARtChi
    ARtChi
    ✭✭✭
    The problem seems a lot more deep than just display problem in my opinion... otherwise it would have been fixed for a long time.
    As I see it, our achievements, which nobody cares about since we can't display them to anyone (except for titles), have just been wiped out and now they are trying to find a solution to merge old datas with new ones.
    I wouldn't be surprised that those achievements would just disappear along the road ahead
    Edited by ARtChi on June 5, 2014 12:30PM
    Options
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    I had Bangkorai 46/53 now its 0/36 and no title (as a contrary to just display bug).
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
    Options
  • Crimelab
    Crimelab
    Soul Shriven
    Joolio wrote: »
    It's not a display bug. I had some quests reset, like Toothmaul Gully, at the end of the quest you get a bear trap, I did that quest twice and got two bear traps now and two skill points.

Wow. That is why I haven't logged on my V9 character except to change crafting research since the bug hit. There is no way to know what this "display" bug broke or not, and if continuing to play compounds the problem.

I notice there is nothing about this in the 1.2 patch notes, so I guess this tricky display bug still has the devs flummoxed.
    Options
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyrakin wrote: »
    I had Bangkorai 46/53 now its 0/36 and no title (as a contrary to just display bug).

I have the same issue with Bangkorai. Also with Shadowfen. I should most certainly have Covenant and Pact Hero titles, but all those achievements are just empty. I even went back and did 1 or 2 quests in each zone (last of each zone) and now it just says 1/51 (or w/e the max number is) Shadowfen.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    aipex8_ESO wrote: »

That is in no way, shape or form related to what we're talking about. Go away.
    Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me
    Options
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very sad. I'm a completionist, nerd points do matter. Not to show off and feel better about myself, but sucks see something greyed out that your character will never be able to complete. More so when you already completed it. Plus the achievements should reward money, prop items, or something. The only reason to get achievements is to feel complete, now they took it away, might as well remove the whole system, because not worth it.
    Options
  • Skewki
    Skewki
    ✭✭
    anything happening with this?
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't look like it...
    Options
  • BuddhaKahn
    BuddhaKahn
    ✭✭
    How about an update on this....
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, apologies for straying away from this thread. It looks like this is scheduled to be fixed with patch 1.1.4 which is rolling out on Monday. After you finish patching, please let us know if you continue to see any errors with the achievements. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Silowyi
    Silowyi
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome, thank you :-)
    Options
  • Calorath
    Calorath
    ✭✭
    All my Ebonheart quest/zone achievements are gone too. To top it off, I'm getting random loading screens in the middle of Davon's Watch ... (Please tell me that isn't a new thing ...)
    Welcome to the club! I get those every ten to fifteen seconds, and loads more often in populated towns. The best part? Watch your HDD light. It will not load a
    single solitary object until you hit a loading screen. Sorry, sorry excuse for code.
    Options
  • wafant412b14a_ESO
    wafant412b14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I just /bugged this two nights ago and am very glad to see that it is getting fixed in the next roll out.
    Options
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, apologies for straying away from this thread. It looks like this is scheduled to be fixed with patch 1.1.4 which is rolling out on Monday. After you finish patching, please let us know if you continue to see any errors with the achievements. Thanks!

w00t!! My OCD can finally take a break!
    Options
  • Irgin
    Irgin
    Soul Shriven
    Offtopic abit but kinda same issue: whats all with those world event quests where you get prompted if you want to take part and even if you click yes and finish them successfully you wont get the promised title as the text says?
    Options
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    w00t!! My OCD can finally take a break!
    I have CDO (its the same as OCD but the letters are in the right order)
    Edited by Natjur on June 5, 2014 8:55PM
    Options
  • TeraAngelos
    TeraAngelos
    ✭✭✭

Can we get a confirmation that achievement progress since the bug will not be rolled back?
    Edited by TeraAngelos on June 5, 2014 9:17PM
    Options
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calorath wrote: »
    All my Ebonheart quest/zone achievements are gone too. To top it off, I'm getting random loading screens in the middle of Davon's Watch ... (Please tell me that isn't a new thing ...)
    Welcome to the club! I get those every ten to fifteen seconds, and loads more often in populated towns. The best part? Watch your HDD light. It will not load a
    single solitary object until you hit a loading screen. Sorry, sorry excuse for code.

lol, you serious? HDD access is the very definition of what's the "loading" part of "loading screen" requires. Everything else is preloaded into Video/system RAM to avoid direct access to the disk.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on June 6, 2014 2:39PM
    Options