The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead – June 4th"

• Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no update on making stamina builds viable. This needs to happen

Let me put you out of your misery. This is not going to happen. They're not capable of doing it. If they were they would have done it by now instead of standing by and watching 80% of their subs cancel. It's not mentioned at all because it's totally off the table now.

The game's mostly empty already as a result. Tumbleweeds.

Roll a dresswearing sorcerer if you want to continue to play "the way they want you to".
    It is sadly looking the case here. they are not even addressing it . they are more interested in nerfing things that were not broken and breaking things more that were already broken. not looking good for longevity this is very sad i really like this game.

• Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see anything on the War on bots. Did they just give up? I also don't see any improvements to crafting. A good start on this would be to make it so the crafting level of the crafter has to be greater than or equal to the item they are upgrading so crafting can be worth it for end game stuff.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mansome wrote: »
    I didn't see anything on the War on bots. Did they just give up? I also don't see any improvements to crafting. A good start on this would be to make it so the crafting level of the crafter has to be greater than or equal to the item they are upgrading so crafting can be worth it for end game stuff.
    With the amount of people who unsubbed, they have to keep the bots they have as they maybe the only ones paying subs at the moment, even if it is with stolen credit cards.
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Mansome wrote: »
    With the amount of people who unsubbed, they have to keep the bots they have as they maybe the only ones paying subs at the moment, even if it is with stolen credit cards.

Bots need customers too...
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭
    I am far more excited about armor dyeing than anyone should be.

In a similar vein, anyone (especially ZOS) know if costumes are going to become a more robust thing? I would love the ability to buy purely cosmetic clothes to wear over your armor, or make your armor look like a different set. I like the benefits my armor offers me, but I sure don't look like any proper sorcerer.
    Librarian at the Imperial Library
  • eric22santiago_ESO
    Logan9a wrote: »
    Heraclea wrote: »
    Nothing annoys an explorer like being forced into deadly combat every five steps, and possibly being made to retrace their steps. For too many people, including myself, the game lost interest somewhere on Blue Mountain.

Of course, the Elder Scrolls franchise is in some sense the ultimate explorer's franchise. It was bound to disappoint by being too hard to explore in.

Agree on the combat and retracing the steps part.

Until a major MMO is made which allows actual 'player made content' (like for example Minecraft but hopefully with curved things) you won't have a true exploration game. I'd love to see someone just decide to spend several months churning out a huge interesting swamp. Players can then go by and rate it 1-10. "Well, I think we will bypass this swamp, it's got a three rating from 8235 people but I've heard about one that has the same number of votes and has a solid 7. We should go see that." Eventually lame stuff is dropped, good stuff added and the world grows.

It's a dream I have.

Look into EQNext and EQLandmark...
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anastasia wrote: »
    the vision for the game which was promo'd prelaunch for a LONG time as well as interviews right around the time of launch and after which clearly showed/detailed there would be some solo content but that the emphasis was on grouping and also PvP interwoven. And that is exactly what they gave us - a lot of solo content prior to level 50 and more reason/need for grouping and interesting PvP action all along.

I feel like the devs of this game followed through with exactly what their vision was planned to be...

Good Journeys!

I wouldn't have a problem with their vision if it were not for the inherent limitation for groups.

I am disabled and have lots of time so I tend to out level my friends even when I purposely crawl along. The people I have been gaming with for the last 15 years are typically way outside of my level range and the vet content must be accessed by finishing quest lines.

So few people use the grouping tool it is an utterly useless tool.

Phasing makes a considerable portion of the content extremely problematic for groups.

Doing a host of quests that are not group friendly. (eg standing around waiting for others to pick up the same crap off the ground which spawns slower than erosion)

I can accept that they have stuck to their vision but would assert that the vision itself is a problem. It is an incomplete vision at best and certainly poorly executed. I love the framework of this game but some horrendous blunders have occurred which has prohibited any vision from coming to fruition.

I appreciate your description of the grouping issues. I guess what frustrates me a little (*not neccessarily only your post) is that some players see a new game advertised and really do not pay attention to the specifics. They may get jazzed about the world setting ie here with ES, or they may see a couple of features they really enjoy such as the way Crafting was supposed to be implemented in TESO, and they sub up. But once in-game they become dissatisfied and begin to clamor for changes to the game that are diametrically opposed to what the original designers' creation was planned and publicly promoted to be.

It seemed to me prior to buying my game and then subbing, that while particulars could change after launch, primarily this was:

1) An mmo which provided a wide variance of choices in building your character but did not guarantee that said unique versions would be super-accomplished at the highest levels of the game
    2) It was a setting flavored with the ES world from single player games, yet very different in its implementation
    3) It had some elements of soloing, but towards what one normally refers to as 'endgame' in mmo's the primary focus in TESO was certainly going to be weighed a little bit in favor of the War in Cyrodil/PvP with additional PvE content along the way but very incremental stat improvements as far as playing/delving around in the PvE zones were concerned.

While there was lots and lots of other forward-delivered promotion and publicity on all aspects of this game, those three ideas were repeatedly described and highlighted by the company marketers, and underscored in the general 'buzz' on fansites and forums.

That is what I based my purchase on. I am not certain that a good many people did not in fact do very much comparative shopping or searching out info on it. If the price of this mmo and the sub is a drop in the bucket for you and I-- then we may indeed not sweat it if we get in to it, give it some reasonable period of time and then decide its not quite cutting it and move on.

For some (many?) it sounds like maybe they have less disposable income and really, reallllllly want their 'investment' to be what they need it to be, rather than what it is. Did they take the time before hand to know whether or not the basic framework of Tamriel was/is 'their cup of tea'? Some people just bought it and now come across almost frantically as if this is a major part of their life and it is really affecting their quality of day to day living! I've felt 'hoodwinked' I guess in a couple of other mmo's especially in these last two years, but generally I make sure I am informed of what I'm getting into when spending my money or investing my time anywhere in life.

There is a difference I think between looking at your money/time investment in a piece of entertainment and making a decision to stay or go. If I go into a restaurant and get really noticeably bad service, I let them know politely (usually ;o), then I pay and leave. I am a pretty laid back person, but I am an adult and I'm not going to spend a great deal of time staying in a situation that is not optimum for me.

Its good to be involved, give feedback etc, but many complaints I see on these forums or in the ingame chat is really basic stuff a person could easily have known was not going to be in this game BEFORE it was ever released.

I'm super disppointed that I misunderstood that Crafting was going to be relevant all the way to endgame, including during the endgame content. Are some of the crafts still satisfying while leveling, yep. It was my misunderstanding I think though. The whole 'anyone (*Do not have to be a Craftsperson who has a certain level to perform said improvements ;o/) can actually UPGRADE their gear to Legendary' simply if they have the currency to buy the ingredients/supplies irritates me a lot tbh. It is what it is though.

I'll enjoy Tamriel for a bit longer since I know it takes awhile for mmo's to season. For now I am watching and waiting and hope some of our frustrations with grouping, class balance and experience/loot rewards are attended to proactively *soon*.

TLDR: I do NOT expect the Adventure Zones to be completely overhauled into same-oh, same-oh raid zones LIKE OTHER MMO's, since that was clearly described way before launch, that TESO would NOT have raid zones, but rather was putting forth a unique PvE endgame challenge. I do NOT expect individual soloability in Vet+ and ++ content to be hugely changed either. I have no crystal ball, but I usually choose to invest my effort in the best bang for my buck, and likely to occur outcomes.

Good Journeys!

Edited by Anastasia on June 6, 2014 9:38AM
  • rayeab16_ESO
    rayeab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    when it comes to veteran content, i am content (lol pun) to let them have dungeons. delves. full trials. arenas. even (and espeicaly) veteran remakes of normal dungeons.
    realy, those are needed and i dont have any problem with those.

what i DO have problems with, is that the whole veteran rank thing is just redoing your old faction content.
    i allready HAVE one of each faction i plan to play. i understand that some folks wanted the *option* to not have to make alts. but htis game practialy FORCES you to alt, to stop your bank bursting at the seams
    (assuming you arent a player that has zero interest in any form of crafting / gathering whatsoever, and sells every single thing to the vendors when they get them, and do not want / need the items)

i also have a problem that the team makes these wonderfull, immersive and beautifull areas....that i cannot see becasue a) i dont veteran grind and b) i dont group up

i do understand that a lot of players want everything on hard setting. also understand that an mmo means other players. but (unless its ff old version mmo) it does not mean you need to forceably party up. i havent used a PUG since the guild wars 1 startup days, becasue PUGs are usualy insanity in a non sheogorath shaped box. (belive me. i have had nightmares from some of the players i interacted with in PUGs back then)

i dont even mind if i have to wear some kind of trinket that stops me from particapating in the goodies while in veteran areas, i just want to SEE them. (it was the same with wow dunegons. i wanted to see the work done by the game makers. i didnt expect fancy drops. i didnt expect anything realy other than a watered down version of what full time players wanted. at the end, maybe i got a top that said 'i beat <insert dungeon name here> in noob setting' and perhaps if i went thru all dungeons that way, i got the 'dungeon noob' achevement, which told me to now go do it *properly* lol )

and, to all those who keep saying 'dye station, ooh that means its a craft.'
    no. it is not
    it is a station that you, the player MUST interact with, to be able to work with the dye system.
    also, if you realy look, the character must WEAR THE GEAR TO DYE IT.
    that means that, no, you cannot dye anything / everything on your main. unless you plan on only dyeing non-bind items.
    and, i have this auful feeling that while you can SEE all the dyes...unless you have the ACHEVEMENT FOR IT, you cant USE IT.

while it may look like the GW2 system, its NOT the same. you could not even SEE dyes you had not bought in gw2.
    and again, this is part of the problem. dyes in GW2 were relatively easy to get. you could buy basic colours from vendors for gold. you could get basic (and sometimes rare and upwards) dropped from critters. and of course, you could buy them from the auction system. all for in game gold again.

there were lots of shades, but the best dyes were hard to get. fine, i get that folks like to wave their whateverhoods around and so forth. but DYES should NOT be locked behind ACHEVEMNTS (not the normal ones)
    i can accept metalic dyes being speshul and rare and only for 'teh eleet' ect. fine hell i will even give up glittery dyes *shudder* (sparkly vampires might be the only thing i would ever consider PvPing to kill lol)
    just leave the basic and normal dyes as crafted by a combination of alchemy and enchanting (with things allready in game, i say again, you do NOT need new ingredients. we HAVE everything we need to make dyes allready in the materials)
    just tweek it so that the achement dyes are metalic sheen versions. hell they would be just veteran grade overlays then. the same status quo we have allready been forced into. that shiney = veteran and not shiney = noob non vet.
    oh. and if you dye all your gear pink (once lol.) you get the 'hideous visage' achevemnt. and acess to the 'plaid horror' dye XD
    it makes everything you dye use a tartan / plaid overlay

just for giggles.
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite excited to see the new dying/coloring process you guys come up with. I've been thinking about this a bit. If you separate Clothing, Blacksmithing and Woodworking coloring stations, you could have Dyes, Patinas and Stains, respectively.

Also, the field-of-view slider is a much needed addition. First person looks like it must be 60 degrees but would be more comfortable at 75 (on my big screen at least) Maybe I'll start playing in first person mode once that's added.

Object Interaction will also be a big plus, especially for those of us who are used to other Elder Scroll games, where nearly everything can be interacted with.
    I would say make it 180 or as close to that as possible. The only reason I don't use this mode is because this game has too much stuff going on. You easily get killed in first person mode because you cant tell where the attack is coming from. At least with 180 I know all I have to do is turn around.
  • dracobains_ESO
    dracobains_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Anastasia wrote: »

I appreciate your description of the grouping issues...

(truncated for space)

...Good Journeys!

You know, I would not waste my time on these forums for even a second if I thought this game was a bomb. I think it has amazing potential and I still love pvp when the lag doesn't take me out. I am completely fine with the vision of this game and how it appears they want us to utilize it. However, there are three main things which need serious attention and only one has has been somewhat addressed which is why I have a personal dissatisfaction with this particular road ahead.

1) If the content is geared toward grouping then they need to have grouping far more accessible at anytime from any level. I cannot help my lowbie friend get through a fight he struggles with if I am phased out of it. If he gets so frustrated he quits playing then I am solo. This honestly was such an enormous misstep I am not sure they can recover from it but I hope so. You either keep your content toward a mean audience or you give them alternative avenues to succeed like grouping with more advanced players. (they have some things planned for phasing but it does not go nearly far enough)

2) Another looming issues which is causing a lot of consternation and class bashing is the lack of parity between the weapon skill lines. This is causing all kinds of problems with both PVE and PVP. Stam based builds right now are just miserable compared to magika builds. This is widely acknowledged among players but total crickets from developers so there is not even an indication of a future fix.

3) bugs... little bugs most patient people endure easy enough and they happen in all games. Significant bugs which impede progress should never occur at the rate they are in ESO. Having a robust beta may have prevented a significant number of them and I am really confused as to why so much was not ferreted out by their internal control group. With those individuals using all of the exploits to level overnight to end game and everyone else stammering about waiting for a certain quest to get fixed to move on to the next zone, it appears beta was merely a self serving exercise not a time that was used to help the game. This is the public perception and it is an ugly one which furthers the frustration when players endure these numerous broken quests.

Much of the damage has already been done and many have left but I think they can recover. I still see new players asking general questions in lowbie areas so they are generating new accounts and I think some will return if there is a serious addressing of the above mentioned problems. I understand your point about vision and that was never my problem, it was execution. But again, I am still hopeful and here for the moment at least.
    IRONCLAD of Ebonheart Pact
    We don't have popularity contests because we believe it is better to be Feared than Loved.
  • HayvanSevici
    HayvanSevici
    Soul Shriven
    They are adding more instances dungeons etc .. but what about new armors new weapons and gears ? there is only crap white gear from ground searching ?
  • christopher_griffinub17_ESO
    How about decreasing our field/range of view in dungeons?

In reality we wouldn't be able to see 100% down a dungeon tunnel. Maybe allowing players to see 8-12 meters under normal conditions. When It comes to lighting in a dungeon allow them to be lit by:

a) torches or braziers with braziers casting light further than torches,
    b) an enhanced "magelight" spell which casts light even further or
    c) by natural light leaks rough cracks, ceilings, etc.

I believe this would effectively enhance the feeling of venturing into the "unknown" for players.

Honestly, I get enough of the feeling of journeying into the unknown without them shutting off the lights. If you want to make it spookier for yourself, try turning the brightness on your monitor down when you go into a cave. That should do it.

Oh, if it were that easy! This wasn't about making it "spookier" as much as it was about making it realistic. In reality, if someone saw mobs waiting down a corridor I doubt they'd even enter it!

I guess I remember the days when you couldn't see 10 miles in advance there were a group of orcs waiting to pounce on me. It's like we've forgotten what the word "challenge" means. All players want to do is get through it as quickly and easily as possible. If you think my suggestion would make things harder, don't ever try to play "Dark Souls".

You must be a much better player than I. Given how often I am getting 'punked' in this game, I need nothing to make it harder.

Although I personally have been able to advance into the VR's, I'd like them to instead of dimming the lights to work on the bugs that seem to be holding many others back. But that's just my opinion. Sure, it's easy to say "Well, if they haven't been able to fight the boss because he's bugged they should just make a new character or quit entirely" but I'd like to see them get some of the programmers time to make it possible for them to fight that fight. I'm sorry to disagree with your priorities.

Actually i agree with yours! There are PLENTY of broken mechanics, bugs, etc. (And more than likely you're further along in the game than me). I guess so much is tossed in ring regarding the technical aspects that aesthetics have been dismissed as unimportant.

I'm hopefull ZOS will make the needed adjustment and fixes that make the majority of players happy. Since this merge of a single player franchise and MMORPG is a first I'm willing to give them a little time to get it right. So far I'm mostly enjoying the experience though the issues you raise can be frustrating.
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    irre_greg wrote: »
    Curious about dungeons leveling to the group leader. Does this mean we could actually replay (grind) in dungeons and actually get loot and experience? Or does it simply mean that dungeons will auto level to the leader and that you can still only go through it once for rewards?

You might want to consider having the dungeons auto level to the highest leveled player in the group as opposed to the group leader.

As a side note, I've always disagreed with the concept of being over leveled. Lower level monsters give lower level loot and experience. That's the check and balance. 5 levels is too small a spread. How about over leveled if 20 levels above current creature?
    I am ok with the level 5 difference but make anything higher than 5 levels difference ignore you when you walk by. So tired of Super-grey stuff trying to attack me and slow me down. No reason why we have to deal with the "risk" of them if there is zero reward. Fair is fair you know.

• Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    irre_greg wrote: »
    Curious about dungeons leveling to the group leader. Does this mean we could actually replay (grind) in dungeons and actually get loot and experience? Or does it simply mean that dungeons will auto level to the leader and that you can still only go through it once for rewards?

You might want to consider having the dungeons auto level to the highest leveled player in the group as opposed to the group leader.

As a side note, I've always disagreed with the concept of being over leveled. Lower level monsters give lower level loot and experience. That's the check and balance. 5 levels is too small a spread. How about over leveled if 20 levels above current creature?

There was some MMO I played (don't remember which) that had 'mentoring'. You could set your level down and thus be able to adventure with your buddies. It scaled you back though you were a fairly powerful lower level guy. In MMO's it is important to be able to adventure with your buddies and that is one of the weaknesses of this game. If you've already completed a quest and brought peace to the area, you are not even able to see the monsters and help your buddy on the quest.

Rather than scaling up the dungeons, I'd rather be able to scale down my character.
    City of Heroes was the first MMO to do this. Later on Rift added this as an option too.

• steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3) bugs... little bugs most patient people endure easy enough and they happen in all games. Significant bugs which impede progress should never occur at the rate they are in ESO. Having a robust beta may have prevented a significant number of them and I am really confused as to why so much was not ferreted out by their internal control group. With those individuals using all of the exploits to level overnight to end game and everyone else stammering about waiting for a certain quest to get fixed to move on to the next zone, it appears beta was merely a self serving exercise not a time that was used to help the game. This is the public perception and it is an ugly one which furthers the frustration when players endure these numerous broken quests.

to be fair - the huge issues with the phasing technology only came to light in the stress tests.

Where Zen can be faulted is in not delaying the release until this very serious problem had been totally nailed down.

They compounded this by then not testing the big launch day patch they just hoped would fix things even though they had two weekends to do it in.
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    There was some MMO I played (don't remember which) that had 'mentoring'. You could set your level down and thus be able to adventure with your buddies. It scaled you back though you were a fairly powerful lower level guy. In MMO's it is important to be able to adventure with your buddies and that is one of the weaknesses of this game. If you've already completed a quest and brought peace to the area, you are not even able to see the monsters and help your buddy on the quest.

Rather than scaling up the dungeons, I'd rather be able to scale down my character.

I have thought long and hard about a "mentoring system" as well. I believe the game you are referring to that had it was EverQuest.

Brainstorming:
    ZOS *may* already have all of the building blocks in place for this.
    1) Everything in the game scales with level, which is key here.
    2) The PvP system in Cyrodiil can "upscale" a character from level 10 to 50, so it should be able to be used in reverse as well.

Possibility:
    Use this system to "down-level" our characters while we are with our buddies.
    We would still have our skill points allocated, so we would still be rather powerful at those lower levels, but our gear, enchants, abilities, etc (but Not gear models) would be down-leveled with us.
    This would be temporary, of course, but would allow for weapon, armor and class skills to improve; loot to be gained; quest rewards could be received a second time (except for skill points), etc.
    Note: I say leave the rewards, because ZOS would want to actively promote questing with buddies as a key component in the social experience of the game.

This down-leveling could be used with a right-click on our buddy in the party interface. Select "Quest with this character", then a temporary "Mentor" quest log could be generated that matched your buddy's log. This special log would allow you to repeat any quests that you had already completed, as long as they are in your buddy's log. In this, your buddy would essentially be the "Quest phase leader", and you would enter into any of their phases. Optionally, Right-click > Promote to Quest Phase Leader > Party vote appears > if it passes, all party members receive the "Mentor" quest log.
    When you leave the party, your own quest log and level would be restored, most likely after "auto-porting" you to the nearest Wayshrine (loading screen).

Thoughts?

City of Heroes did it first before EQ2
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    anakaki wrote: »
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Road Ahead – June 4th. We hope you enjoyed this update! What has you most excited for ESO's future?

The statement where templars get attention/fixes.

Oh wait, there wasn't any.

Exactly. How can they ignore the fact that if you want to clear trials you cannot bring Templar DPS. We will take it a step further and say a majority of trial groups do not even want a Templar healer. The reason behind this isn't that the Templar heals are not good it is because a NB healer can pull almost MORE DPS healing then a Templar can only DPSing.
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    • Class and Ability Balance You are saying that DK is overpowered, and NB is underpowered, but others suggest this is not the case. What instead you should be looking at is that magicka-based abilities are overpowered, and stamina-based abilities are underpowered, meaning a light armour/staff build is the epitome of overpowered-ness. Fixing the magicka/stamina balance I think would also fix the issue people are reporting with Temps and Sorcs as well, and would not incorrectly nerf aspects of DK which shouldn't be nerfed. [This comment was extrapolated from previous comments, please correct me if I misunderstood.] On a related note, I play a Templar (Dawn's Wrath line) and don't actually know what problems people are experiencing, as to me I think it has been fine.

@Enodoc‌

What is your DPS in Trials? If you're not having any issues pulling DPS as a Templar please share you build and your DPS numbers. I don't think you're playing the same game as the rest of us. Templars are the worst class in the game.
    Edited by Shaggygaming on June 6, 2014 6:06PM
  • Bigtuna
    Bigtuna
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Road Ahead – June 4th. We hope you enjoyed this update! What has you most excited for ESO's future?

Thanks for the update, looking forward to seeing it all come down and what is yet to be revealed...
  • ularis
    ularis
    No alternative to Cyrodiil PVP , just ZvZ this is boring no true content for PVP players not even a Duel option ... Anoher PVE main target game .... i go back to TESO only when i see some true PVP content Arenas , smaller scale PVP zones etc.
  • DonKiller
    DonKiller
    ✭✭
    ularis wrote: »
    i go back to TESO only when i see some true PVP content Arenas , smaller scale PVP zones etc.

this.
  • pete_gb_ESO
    pete_gb_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Would love to see the addition of long term/permanent PVP/AvAvA/Campaign rewards - i.e. Goals to work toward that actually matter.
  • broxlimricub17_ESO
    broxlimricub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Would love to see guild Cloaks over Tabards or maybe have Guild Costumes that can be customized by the Guild Master. Tabards just cover the look of armor while cloaks just add to the look.
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    One thing I would like to see in a future update is the ability to have a in-game Character dressing room so you can actually SEE what your character would look like if you crafted different armors. Right now all you see is some small icon that gives no indication whatsoever of what you could create using the mats, skills, racial, and improvement items you have acquired. If you can do it with character creation, there is no reason it can't be done in-game when you crafting. I don't know how many times I've created a set of armor only to think "Man, that is just hideous!" after putting it on :)

Yes final fantasy 14 has a revolving charater of armor you have on including jewlery. Why not us.
  • Theoriginalubiety
    I was thinking while I was playing, how about making the transition to night mean something. Have beasts or enemies that only appear at night. You could also make the transition and duration of the time of day/night last longer as well.

How about a super rare boss per area that pops with some super rare drops. Also about some actual hidden areas (such as a dungeon or ruin) that doesn't show on the map that makes it seem like I'm actually adventuring.

I was also wondering if you are going to implement festivals or even holiday events into the game. Maybe with some mini games and event only gear or trophies. We got to make this game more social and seem like a community. I keep seeing posts for player housing (a must I think) and please think about this whole economy thing. I sell some stuff through open market, but not much. Plus I see so much spam in the chat, I usually just turn it off until I need something.

• Selodaoc
    Selodaoc
    ✭✭✭
    Its not only Stamina/Weaponskills that are gimped for NB.
    The class skills that are using magicka is severly lackluster in dmg aswell.

There is not one skill that isnt outdone by other classes skills, or even weaponskills in dmg.
    Charge attack does twice the dmg of Suprise attack, the only "decent" skill in NB tree for poking at targets gently.

There should be more ST AND AoE attacks in NB tree.
    You can remove useless shades and path of darkness and replace them with that.

Another problem is that your forced to slot assassin skills to get the crit bonus.
    That should be changed to while having AN assassin skill equiped 15%/30%.

The requirement on some passives makes it really hard for NBs to get any benefits from them when were forced to spec outside our class skills.
    Some skills doesnt benefit our class skills at all.
  • dracobains_ESO
    dracobains_ESO
    ✭✭✭

to be fair - the huge issues with the phasing technology only came to light in the stress tests.

Where Zen can be faulted is in not delaying the release until this very serious problem had been totally nailed down.

They compounded this by then not testing the big launch day patch they just hoped would fix things even though they had two weekends to do it in.

I can certainly agree with your point about the delay, but those release dates once made are sometimes as difficult to stop as a mudslide. Actually where I find fault is the lack of robust beta testing. If they had not limited the input from a select number of persons testing, many more issues would have come to light a great deal sooner and could have been handled. Ultimately this may have been their biggest blunder. Why anyone would create such complex software and not have extensive testing by a broad range of persons is quite astounding to me.

IRONCLAD of Ebonheart Pact
    We don't have popularity contests because we believe it is better to be Feared than Loved.
  • Brocklin
    Brocklin
    Soul Shriven
    Until something is done to get rid of all the bots, & people running exploits, I won't be back in game. Kinda sucks as this COULD be a very, very good game, but I really think they could care less so long as people keep filtering in money. They have been saying for weeks now that they are handling the issues with bots, spammers, exploits, yet nothing has been done. Thus far it's been a waste of money. Rather than pushing out more content, fix the current issues so your community actually stays around. If things aren't fixed like they claim to be working on these issues, this will be the absolute last Bethesda/Zenimax game I buy.
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brocklin wrote: »
    Until something is done to get rid of all the bots, & people running exploits, I won't be back in game. Kinda sucks as this COULD be a very, very good game, but I really think they could care less so long as people keep filtering in money. They have been saying for weeks now that they are handling the issues with bots, spammers, exploits, yet nothing has been done. Thus far it's been a waste of money. Rather than pushing out more content, fix the current issues so your community actually stays around. If things aren't fixed like they claim to be working on these issues, this will be the absolute last Bethesda/Zenimax game I buy.

I am against bots / hacks just as much as you are, and probably just as aware of them. I recognize the "behavior" rather easily, and I am in game quite often, probably too often, really.

A while back, the number of bots in the game were rather extreme.

With that said, it has been so long since I last encountered a bot in the game, that I honestly cannot remember how long it has been. I truly believe, from my own experience, ZOS has this particular issue well in-hand.

ESO still has its flaws, some of them rather glaring, but bots and hacks no longer seem to be among them.
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    Brocklin wrote: »

I am against bots / hacks just as much as you are, and probably just as aware of them. I recognize the "behavior" rather easily, and I am in game quite often, probably too often, really.

A while back, the number of bots in the game were rather extreme.

With that said, it has been so long since I last encountered a bot in the game, that I honestly cannot remember how long it has been. I truly believe, from my own experience, ZOS has this particular issue well in-hand.

ESO still has its flaws, some of them rather glaring, but bots and hacks no longer seem to be among them.

Maybe you are in VR areas now?