Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead – June 4th"

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aenthel wrote: »
    Sadly, still not a single word about 90% of the skills that are NOT Light Armor or Staff...
    Even the dye system screenshot character is wearing light armor =P
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the 1.5sec GLOBAL COOLDOWN was completely intentional.

In a game where we were promised no global cooldowns, you take the weakest classes primary DPS ability, which is already a channeled cast, and you decide it is a good idea to disable the player for one and a half seconds after they cast it.

I'm sorry but this defies all logic and reason.
  • Illumous
    Illumous
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo... Nothing about Templars? Did you forget about us again?

Anyways, I am increasingly worried about the dye system. From what I can see in the screenshot you provided, there is going to be way to many color options. I really don't want the world of ESO to become a rainbow of armors. :neutral_face:

I think you guys should be limiting what kinds of colors certain parts of the armor can be. I don't want to see leather straps that are red or pink (like you can see in the screenshot). Keep the color choices reasonable and realistic. Part of the charm that comes from the armors in Elder Scrolls games is their believability. The armor in the screenshot looks like someone spray painted their clothes.
    Sol-Illumous | Breton Templar | Mag Support/Healer | EP
    Sol-Ventus | Imperial Templar | Stam DPS | EP
    Famìne | Argonian Templar | Mag Support/Healer | DC
    NA Azura's Star (PC) - WCFC (Myrmidons) & Horsemen of Apocalypse
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One / PS4 console update?

What is the status or where are you on these items?

I play on the PC today but I do not plan to continue playing on the PC as I only brought the PC version just in case it was better than the console version.

Any updates or beta theories would be welcomed. The consoles are seemingly left off when game update messages are communicated.

We are your customers to even though we are playing on a PC right now.

Show some love.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    Overall I really do love seeing where this game is going, but the one complaint I still have is the fact that your neck shows when wearing the face cover. I feel it should cover you neck rather than show it. To be honest It's the main reason I always have the hide helmet choice selected.

How -do- you hide the helmet?
    I've been looking all over for that and can't find it anywhere.

@ShedsHisTail‌

In game: Hit the ESC key to enter the settings menu. Then "Settings->Game Play->Items. You will see: Hide Helmet Off/On
    The Sidekick Order
  • kedz54
    kedz54
    ✭✭✭
    Illumous wrote: »
    Sooo... Nothing about Templars? Did you forget about us again?

Anyways, I am increasingly worried about the dye system. From what I can see in the screenshot you provided, there is going to be way to many color options. I really don't want the world of ESO to become a rainbow of armors. :neutral_face:

I think you guys should be limiting what kinds of colors certain parts of the armor can be. I don't want to see leather straps that are red or pink (like you can see in the screenshot). Keep the color choices reasonable and realistic. Part of the charm that comes from the armors in Elder Scrolls games is their believability. The armor in the screenshot looks like someone spray painted their clothes.

You do realize that even in medieval times that a "rainbow" of colors was not uncommon, right? Reds, purples, gold and blues were common among royalty. I do agree that things like pink should be left out or unable to be dyed on certain parts.

Dunmer Sorcerer
  • thebigMuh
    thebigMuh
    ✭✭
    Please do not tie the dyes to achievements (as can be seen in the screenshot).

Make them craftable, purchasable, drops, whatever - but please not achievement bound.

Ciao, Muh!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Fuxo wrote: »
    Duration of PvP campaigns is 90 days. Not 180. Difficult to trust anything in the article :-)
    Whoops, great catch @Fuxo! We're fixing this in the article now. Thank you!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Logan9a
    Logan9a
    ✭✭✭
    thebigMuh wrote: »
    Please do not tie the dyes to achievements (as can be seen in the screenshot).

Make them craftable, purchasable, drops, whatever - but please not achievement bound.

Ciao, Muh!

You've killed the Bad Guy! You may now use taupe!

Yes, I think this idea is not good either and agree with 'the big Muh'. However, if they are craftable and it opens up a new craft, you have new stuff to gather, a new crafting profession and - assuming you don't stick them on an NPC for some reason - more 'player driven economy'.
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    Can you please sort out the Nightbalde class quickly.

If it sucks and you make a small change its still going to be underpowered and no fun to play. I get with the DK nerfs you need to be careful not to over do it, but a week is a long time in an MMO and leaving Nightblades to be useless underpowered gimped class makes any experience with them painful. And lets face it MMO's are meant to be fun and constantly having to compensate for poor skills and lack of dps quickly gets old.

Off the Nightblade topic which is the important one, I do wonder at the levels of new content that are on offer. Happy to pay a subscription, would rather do that than watch the game go f2p where its all about cash shops. But there has to be a constant addition of new content including solo, duo, group and trial. At the moment I get the need for bug fixes and the Nightblade to be significantly improved but equally there has to be new things to do or people get bored. And much like being a little crazy to pay a sub to have the painful experience of being a nightblade, its hard to justify paying a sub to be bored. Hell you can go play a f2p game and be bored with limited new content.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dolmen wrote: »
    Overall I really do love seeing where this game is going, but the one complaint I still have is the fact that your neck shows when wearing the face cover. I feel it should cover you neck rather than show it. To be honest It's the main reason I always have the hide helmet choice selected.

How -do- you hide the helmet?
    I've been looking all over for that and can't find it anywhere.

@ShedsHisTail‌

In game: Hit the ESC key to enter the settings menu. Then "Settings->Game Play->Items. You will see: Hide Helmet Off/On

Ah, thanks.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Nefar
    Nefar
    ✭✭
    Meh -- Nothing that will make me resub.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuxo wrote: »
    Duration of PvP campaigns is 90 days. Not 180. Difficult to trust anything in the article :-)
    Whoops, great catch @Fuxo! We're fixing this in the article now. Thank you!

Is it also an error that the Devs are mangling class abilities in order to balance Weapon and Armor skills? I mean, that's an easy mistake to make too and I'm sure it's just and oversight.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We also know that Nightblades are reporting they are underpowered. I know all about this, as my main character is a Nightblade, and I’ve been running into some of these same issues myself. Again, just like the DK, we’re not going to make wholesale changes quickly; instead, we’re going to make small, incremental adjustments until NB class abilities fall in line with other class abilities.

Suuure you play a NB. Uhuh. We've heard that one before. Try a new line please. A dresswearing NB doesn't count.

NBs were promised serious love in a previous patch. Lie. We were then told we'd be getting that love in 1.2. Lie. Now it's just... whatever, sometime soon, maybe, stuff. Pathetic.

You can paint your dresses pretty though! Oooh. That'll get us resubbing for sure.
    (btw: what a surprise that the included screenshot is a dresswearer hey?)

Just how clueless ZOS is, is summed up here:
    to continue tweaking them until they are in line with the survivability of the other classes.
    - Re Dragonknights.

For "tweak" read "nerf" of course. You DO have classes in ESO. That's stuck now. And the fun thing, the defining thing, about DKs is their survivability which makes them great as tanks. The problem has been that the DPS is too high that comes with that. So instead of addressing the problem you plan to bust the entire class and remove their purpose and the reason people roll it (the fun part)? Why not just migrate everyone to sorcerer? You cannot get more misguided than this. Honestly.. just pull the plug. Watching you kill this game slowly with these hair-brained ideas and incompetent patches is excruciating.
    Edited by ferzalrwb17_ESO on June 4, 2014 8:24PM
  • Illumous
    Illumous
    ✭✭✭
    kedz54 wrote: »
    You do realize that even in medieval times that a "rainbow" of colors was not uncommon, right? Reds, purples, gold and blues were common among royalty. I do agree that things like pink should be left out or unable to be dyed on certain parts.

I completely understand that. I merely point out that they should use colors within reason based on the material it is being placed on. Belts and leather straps shouldn't be bright red or cyan blue, metals should not be flat colors (stay metallic). Make sure the colors of the players don't make them feel disconnected from the rest of the world in ESO.
    Sol-Illumous | Breton Templar | Mag Support/Healer | EP
    Sol-Ventus | Imperial Templar | Stam DPS | EP
    Famìne | Argonian Templar | Mag Support/Healer | DC
    NA Azura's Star (PC) - WCFC (Myrmidons) & Horsemen of Apocalypse
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Road Ahead – June 4th. We hope you enjoyed this update! What has you most excited for ESO's future?

The statement where templars get attention/fixes.

Oh wait, there wasn't any.
    Death Recap for Templars
    Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
    Templars do more dps than DK's.
  • wpitterlb14a_ESO
    Disappointed there is still no mention of an overhaul of the god awful guild store system.

Can't filter items based on their VR level
    The Materials filter simply does not work
    Menu based search filters are stupid to begin with (why the *** can't I search for bows AND inferno staffs? Or green AND blue items? Try check boxes guys, it gives a lot more freedom)
    Can't SEARCH based on item names
    Can't SORT search results based on item names
    No indicator that a search has finished but did not find any items (leaving you to just sit there wondering if nothing was found or the *** just lagged out)
    Can't run a search against multiple guild stores at once
    Ridiculous 3-5 second timer between running consecutive searches

I could go on but I think you know what a piece of garbage your guild store system is, and I suspect (hope?) that you already have plans to improve it. The question is what the hell is taking so long. This is basic functionality thats been in every MMO and a slew of other online games for the last 15 years. It's beyond me that you could consider a game ready for launch with such a *** poor implementation, but lets move on, and how about you give us some kind of indication of when I can expect to be able to use the store without getting the urge to punch a hole in my monitor.
  • Brother_Numsie
    Brother_Numsie
    ✭✭✭
    Are you planning on expanding/continuing each factions story?

Because I think Razum-dar is starting to get a little suspicious of all the finely crafted Argonian Voodoo Dolls of Queen Ayrenn I keep leaving around. I may need an expedient exit strategy soon.

Waiting your word,

-A loyal Argonian Nightblade of the Daggerfall Covenant
  • Heraclea
    Heraclea
    ✭✭✭
    I take it that trying to build a heavy armor DK tank or trying to build for more survivability is out of the question, and that no improvements to melee or stamina builds can be expected in the reasonable short term. Time to put my main out to pasture, it seems.

Will start levelling the sorcerer I was supposed to, I guess.
    Hircine loves me, this I know,
    Your intestines told me so.

Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars have been the least viable class since launch. Not even a mention?

If I hadn't unsubbed already, I would now.

QFT
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love everything in this post. I do hope we see camera adjustments for third person sooner rather than later, it's great that first person got some love but I would like to have a higher max zoom out distance from my character, a centered view option as opposed to the current over the shoulder to the right one, and an fov slider for 3rd person too.

I like that some dyes will be unique to doing well in gameplay by tying them to achievements. It gives that cool factor and rarity to some colors and something to aim for!
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no update on making stamina builds viable. This needs to happen

also, I'd like to know why dyes weren't in the game to begin with. Along with a host of other BASIC mmo mechanics.
    Edited by born2beagator on June 4, 2014 8:26PM
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also, I'd like to know why dyes weren't in the game to begin with. Along with a host of other BASIC mmo mechanics.

Because if you promise frequent content updates and new features you can't have everything in at launch, otherwise you run out of ideas really fast.

You end up like Guild Wars 2 where every couple of weeks they release anew jumping puzzle, and new outfit, a new set of pointless achievements, and a new set of baddies that spawn by the hundreds in zones you've already explored.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 4, 2014 8:30PM
  • Genada
    Genada
    ✭✭✭
    ESO devs know their game, just like this man knows his ship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGUYN8bUJB8
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭

Because if you promise frequent content updates and new features you can't have everything in at launch, otherwise you run out of ideas really fast.

You end up like Guild Wars 2 where every couple of weeks they release anew jumping puzzle, and new outfit, a new set of pointless achievements, and a new set of baddies that spawn by the hundreds in zones you've already explored.
    Okay, this makes no sense. You keep basic, easily implemented mechanics out of a game just so you can have something to release later?
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aenthel wrote: »
    Sadly, still not a single word about 90% of the skills that are NOT Light Armor or Staff...

Yeah, I read that and was suddenly very concerned that the Devs were struck with the same Class-based tunnel vision as the bulk of the forums.

The balance issues aren't so much with the classes as they are with Weapon and Armor skills.

Nail on the head. and this is the core of the issue with most classes imo. Many nightblades like to go dual wield...which is all well and good until you get to vet content.

Stamina abilities lag far behind magicka
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no update on making stamina builds viable. This needs to happen

Let me put you out of your misery. This is not going to happen. They're not capable of doing it. If they were they would have done it by now instead of standing by and watching 80% of their subs cancel. It's not mentioned at all because it's totally off the table now.

The game's mostly empty already as a result. Tumbleweeds.

Roll a dresswearing sorcerer if you want to continue to play "the way they want you to".

• anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that they aren't even mentioning us in the Road Ahead and merely cosmetic changes on the PTS just shows how clueless the devs are.

Do we need printscreens from thousends of people playing each class and comparing dps for them to understand the difference and poor mechanics in burst and aoe synergies with staff or whatever?

Again, as Ive said so many times before:

Why would you bring a templar when sorcerers heals just as well due to the conjunction with other class ultimate, barrier and the siege shield? This allows raids to completely ignore encounter mechanics and run straight dps on bosses (specifically in trials) where sorcerers outdmg templar with 300%+.

In addition to this they can't run out of mana due to crit surge and healing springs. Where is our magicka regen?

It's so obvious but it's like they refuse to admit they made a huge imbalance issue and goes on about the other classes.
    Edited by anakaki on June 4, 2014 8:37PM
    Death Recap for Templars
    Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
    Templars do more dps than DK's.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So hows that tweaking armor so things other than light can be considered an actual option outside of just wanting to go against the grain? All about the magicka. Or maybe weapons other than resto/destro?

Would rather see plans on that than coloring my dress.
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    We also know that Nightblades are reporting they are underpowered. I know all about this, as my main character is a Nightblade, and I’ve been running into some of these same issues myself. Again, just like the DK, we’re not going to make wholesale changes quickly; instead, we’re going to make small, incremental adjustments until NB class abilities fall in line with other class abilities.

Suuure you play a NB. Uhuh. We've heard that one before. Try a new line please. A dresswearing NB doesn't count.

NBs were promised serious love in a previous patch. Lie. We were then told we'd be getting that love in 1.2. Lie. Now it's just... whatever, sometime soon, maybe, stuff. Pathetic.

You can paint your dresses pretty though! Oooh. That'll get us resubbing for sure.
    (btw: what a surprise that the included screenshot is a dresswearer hey?)

Just how clueless ZOS is, is summed up here:
    to continue tweaking them until they are in line with the survivability of the other classes.
    - Re Dragonknights.

For "tweak" read "nerf" of course. You DO have classes in ESO. That's stuck now. And the fun thing, the defining thing, about DKs is their survivability which makes them great as tanks. The problem has been that the DPS is too high that comes with that. So instead of addressing the problem you plan to bust the entire class and remove their purpose and the reason people roll it (the fun part)? Why not just migrate everyone to sorcerer? You cannot get more misguided than this. Honestly.. just pull the plug. Watching you kill this game slowly with these hair-brained ideas and incompetent patches is excruciating.

He has been saying he plays a nightblade since beta January. Dont act like a brat
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)