Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

State of the Game Address

• Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chryos wrote: »
    Not sure where I can post this so the Dev's can see this so I'll put it here:

For us folks who want to play a harder version of ESO. Could we get switch ( a one time button) that allows us a harder ruleset? I'd like an xp loss punishment for death., you you have read my previous post titied "Bring back old school xp loss..."

Maybe those of us could get some kind of prestige title that shows we play "hardcore style".

Just a thought.

You've actually got a good idea here... they used to have it in some of the earlier SP TES games (Morrowind, etc.) in which you could adjust difficulty- however, I'm not exactly sure how it could be implemented without adjusting game code somehow- they'd likely have to "instance" the content so it adjusts to the player setting- and how to do that in an MMO "open" environment could be a significant challenge. In short... how would those around you affect or be affected, etc. In an "instanced dungeon" environment it's a little easier to do- like in WoW you can reset the area to the new difficulty setting, etc. I'm not a game programmer, so I'm theorizing a bit here.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news about fixing Cyrodiil lag or 5fps is new standard we should get used to?
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also now Auriels Bow EU swarmed by Aldmeri and Daggerfall multiboxers, fuuun game. Keep work on Craglorn and dont care whats going on servers, you will bring new content to ghost town.
  • morashtakb16_ESO
    morashtakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can weather the time it takes to fix the bugs. I can wait until they release more end game content. I expect improvements.
    What I cannot stand is the rail-shooter questing - No racial zones to explore, no alternate quest zones, the recycling of the other two factions quest zones to reach levels that were not needed at launch. Only a linear quest line each and every time one levels a character. It rips the heart out of re-playability.
    WoW's multiple areas and race-specific zones should have been an absolute base-line for this MMO. Quests to help a player understand their choice. Quests to help understand whys and hows.
    Instead we got a shallow, average game.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calgrissom wrote: »
    Gravord wrote: »
    Sadly new problem occur, multiboxer, reported by plenty ppl but still in game:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MnpCrA3mo&feature=youtu.be

How is this a problem? If someone can afford multiple copies and has the rig to run them why is it and issue? You can easily do this as well. Download IS boxer This isn't exploiting at all.
    It's against the TOS of every MMO in existence to use third-party software to play the game and last time I checked that software wasn't published by Zenimax.

It's true, 'boxing per se isn't breaking the TOS if you're playing each character separately, but key-echoers and the like (which is what that tool is) is patently THIRD-PARTY software and as such using it clearly breaks the TOS.

I play two accounts on a pair of PCs at the same time occasionally using a KVM to switch keyboard/mouse control from one to the other and when I press a button or click the mouse only ONE character responds: IS Boxer allows ALL characters to respond to ONE key-press something a PC without this third-party software cannot do!

IOW it's using third-party software to do what otherwise isn't possible on a standard PC, clearly breaking the TOS.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 14, 2014 6:30AM
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calgrissom wrote: »
    Sadly new problem occur, multiboxer, reported by plenty ppl but still in game:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MnpCrA3mo&feature=youtu.be

How is this a problem? If someone can afford multiple copies and has the rig to run them why is it and issue? You can easily do this as well. Download IS boxer This isn't exploiting at all.

Its a big problem! I just made a post in the alliance war section where I witnessed members of my alliance use DK spear to pull up members of another alliance to get them over the wall without sieging it. Whether they had friends in our alliance that were doing it, or possibly multiboxing to do it, its wrong. It breaks the spirit of the game and they are getting around intended mechanics to win. I would say that is a problem.

• ularis
    ularis
    Game need , Aucion House real one not this "Guild Thing" and come on copy paste items i need verte 100 pages to find one item ... Smaller scale PVP for hardcore pvp players i reely dont enjoy spam 2-3 random buttons in some direction and maby to hit something .
  • Lilth
    Lilth
    ✭✭✭
    ularis wrote: »
    Game need , Aucion House real one not this "Guild Thing" and come on copy paste items i need verte 100 pages to find one item ... Smaller scale PVP for hardcore pvp players i reely dont enjoy spam 2-3 random buttons in some direction and maby to hit something .

I agree. I was all for the guild stores at first but the past few weeks I have changed my mind. ESO can consider allowing us to merge/ trade (stores) with other guilds or something. Anything. We really need a bigger trading market to make selling items worth it.

With all the fixes and known issues you mention there is still NO mention of fixing all the problems with class passives and skills. Night blade? I don't play a night blade but we know people who have already left the game because you guys still haven't even mentioned a fix for them. I don't understand why there is so much focus on bots/gold spammers and ZERO on fixing things that are more serious (IMO).

And why did you nerf the drop rate of items from wardrobes, chests, sacks, etc..knowing it would make exploring those things worthless for your legit players? I don't need or want anymore lock picks or hops! You did it to help with bots and gold spammers and that ISN'T going to slow them down all it did was punish the legit players. One of the main reasons ESO was still worth playing was exploring and finding cool items in the world. Well, for me its empty of that. I was lucky to find one green recipe (that I already have) in the past week in a Vet level 3 zone. Put less focus on bots/gold sellers and more on fixing the issues driving players to quit. I'd also like to know how much you nerfed reading the books with the chance for us to increase skills? It's been several weeks of reading all the bookshelves I come across and nothing.

Zenimax, you still have some loyal players but you are losing some of them. I don't want to see this game fall flat but you are already making the same mistakes other MMO"s have and that is ignoring what your players are saying.
    I'm a vampire and not for pvp =x I have a plan IF the dark brotherhood is introduced. That said, consider making the vampires and ww feel like we are just that? I'm not mortal so the npc's shouldn't call me one and we should be seen as what we are like in the elder scrolls console games. NPC's in towns knew we were undead. Quest NPC's could make us do a small quest proving they could trust us or something so we are accepted in that town? Just a thought.

I don't pvp a lot but when I go to cyradiil I see where you can add to the pvp there and make it more fun. You should add smaller scale pvp options there in arenas or something. Add dueling there. So much space you guys can fill in with stuff to do for your pvp base.

Overall, I still enjoy the game but ONLY for the questing atm =x Once I am done with that I am hopeful you guys will have fixed and added some of the suggestions your players have put out there. Believe it or not, your players have a clue on what is needed for this game to succeed since we play it, we read chat, we hear from A LOT of in game players what is lacking to keep interest in the game.

This is just a test........ if this was an actual sig, you would have been mildly amused..........

• Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo, need name all 60 members of multiboxer here or can get some Customer Support handling this issue?
  • Sheneria
    Sheneria
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if this is some kind of late aprils fool joke, but why on earth are you adding more Veteran Ranks to grind to your next patches (currently up to VR 15 as of the latest dev videos).

I haven't seen a single post that wanted more Verteran Ranks added, rather the opposite, people are tired of level grinding and all you will accomplish is driving more people out of cyrodiil that are not max level (thanks to the unbalanced items that will follow).
    Bring out the PVP dungeon already and cut the stupid level increase, no one asked for.
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    I agree with the auction house comment. To me it seems the situation arises when most guildies are looking for the same things and wouldn't put up for sale because they need it. So it gets to a situation that the five guilds one can belong to is so limited in selection one goes to public requests to buy or sell things. Hence we need a public AH for all to acquire items and sell things. However as seen in other MMOs this gets (eventually) to be the same thing. However, it takes awhile and item demands change with new players as well. If a guild is full of VR levels they probably won't be selling or buying lower level items as much as a public Auction House would have.
    "No moment of despair is so great it cannot be overcome by a fifth of good bourbon and a beautiful woman in black seamed stockings and 6-inch stiletto heels."
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    Addressing the bot and high level PVP area, 10th levels obviously will quit PVP as is, pretty quickly. If my character can have 4-5 (or more) followers doing the same thing as my main character does against one opponent as a focus attack the adversary hasn't much chance to even run b4 it is killed. So why would an MMO company even allow this to work? I have always asked, what happens if everyone on my side were friends with voice connection, and focused fired on all enemies encountered one by one? This is I guess an MMO PvP nightmare. Obviously this is why there are so many solo quests the MMO company installed. We as players would breeze through all the quests as a small group and gain levels so quickly we would all be level 50 so fast the only thing to slow us down is the travel time in PVP areas. The MMO company has to rely on the tower of Babel effect, where we as players disagree and bicker about who we fight and where we go next so as to keep players from gaining top levels and just wait till new content comes out. With total communication and agreement between players,MMOs lose content very fast as well as interest of their players (except for the carebear types that just await new outfits and mounts).
    "No moment of despair is so great it cannot be overcome by a fifth of good bourbon and a beautiful woman in black seamed stockings and 6-inch stiletto heels."
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my character can have 4-5 (or more) followers doing the same thing as my main character does against one opponent as a focus attack the adversary hasn't much chance to even run b4 it is killed. So why would an MMO company even allow this to work?

The number of actual players with the desire to do this, the technology to do it and the willingness to have that many accounts isn't really worth worrying about. Even if they exist you are highly unlikely ever to encounter them.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Encountering them every day/night on both opposite factions. 24 man multiboxer daggerfall and 48 man multiboxer aldmerii. Not sure if Ebonheart have one or not, didnt notice it yet.
    This issue have to be adressed quickly, allowing cheaters stay in game will push out honest players who will start doubt in customer support and quality of the service.
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're saying that someone has 48 accounts and the technology to run 48 characters in PvP or is there some cheat hack that spawns 47 bots of some type?

I just don't believe anyone has 48 legitimate accounts and the tech to run them all at once. In Cyrodiil. And if they are - report them. Multi-boxing is allowed. controlling them all at once isn't.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're saying that someone has 48 accounts and the technology to run 48 characters in PvP or is there some cheat hack that spawns 47 bots of some type?

I just don't believe anyone has 48 legitimate accounts and the tech to run them all at once. In Cyrodiil. And if they are - report them. Multi-boxing is allowed. controlling them all at once isn't.
    Well, it's not unknown though clearly not frequent, 'back in the day' there was a WOW player who single-handedly could clear the 40-man Blackwing raid.

Thing is, many games TOS forbids third-party software and also forbid 'unattended' play, but when challenged the software publisher chooses to focus on the latter and turns a blind eye or worse chooses to deliberately over-look the former.

So, Blizzard allow IS Boxer users because someone's pressing the buttons .. the fact that one button triggers 40 actions on 40 copies of the game is blissfully ignored . Turbine and Trion have also indulged in this double-think.

ZOS have yet to make a comment on their view but I suspect '$$$ >>>> consistency' so they too will refuse to accept the patently obvious: IS Boxer is a third-party app without which a 'boxer can't play the way they are.

I myself 'box a couple of accounts using a KVM to 'play' each copy separately and would argue to Hell freezes over this is not breaching the TOS in letter or spirit, IS Boxer users are breaking both and Blizzard et. al. let them get away with it on specious grounds.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 15, 2014 10:33AM
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will try catch it on vid and post it tonight.

• Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    More interesting content for Cyrodiil and less VR's.

We want the best RvR game ever, not a lagg fest plus zergfest of random spamers of 3 skills (dark talons, dk standard and bash).

This game will die fast if ZOS not improve Cyrodiil and leave the *** PvE and the next VR15 that anyone want.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because PVPers are the majority in this game.

Really?

• steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will try catch it on vid and post it tonight.

That'll be interesting. I can't help but think something else is going on. Not multiboxing in the sense of one person/48 accounts but maybe some way to share targeting info so it looks like 48 people are controlled by one person? Or some way for 48 people to be controlled by 1 keyboard? It boggles my mind that someone would want to win that much.

But you should send the video and the names of a few of the toons to Support. It's clear cheating.

I've not seen anyhing like this but I have seen very well co-ordinated large groups. But they were obviously individually controlled as they were not all the same class or just using the same attacks.

• Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »

Really?

They should be, but i guess irrational ppl are majority and wish to pay monthly sub to play single player pve content...

Except few tweaks to abilities and better anti-cheat system, game also badly need small scale pvp content - warzones/scenarios/arenas, whatever you want call it, 4vs4 and 8vs8 with option to queue and join them from any place in the world. With proper leaderboard, dmg/heal/mitigation scores and ofc GUILD TAGS and name tags. No pvp players wish to fight vs anonymous players, but want know their enemies.
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭

Really?

Maybe not, but PvPers can make this game popular and long-lived. All the chop-mines leave this game soon because that PvE is boring and repetitive, all the people wants to be VR10 to leave this calvary.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That'll be interesting. I can't help but think something else is going on. Not multiboxing in the sense of one person/48 accounts but maybe some way to share targeting info so it looks like 48 people are controlled by one person? Or some way for 48 people to be controlled by 1 keyboard? It boggles my mind that someone would want to win that much.
    Use Google to look up ISBoxer, that'll tell you all you need to know: it's third-party software without which such large-scale 'boxing isn't possible.

See my post above for an explanation as to why people using this type of software aren't often banned even though they're clear breaching the TOS of most MMOs IBoxers play in.

Edited by KerinKor on May 15, 2014 11:27AM
  • Runie
    Runie
    [/quote]
    Except few tweaks to abilities and better anti-cheat system, game also badly need small scale pvp content - warzones/scenarios/arenas, whatever you want call it, 4vs4 and 8vs8 with option to queue and join them from any place in the world. With proper leaderboard, dmg/heal/mitigation scores and ofc GUILD TAGS and name tags. No pvp players wish to fight vs anonymous players, but want know their enemies.
    [/quote]

This is 1 of the main reasons a fair few pvpers i know have left.
    No choice between orvr and scs/wfs.

Myself i enjoy both ways of pvp equally much so id love to see this ingame....!

Edited by Runie on May 15, 2014 11:34AM
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See my post above for an explanation as to why people using this type of software aren't often banned even though they're clear breaching the TOS of most MMOs IBoxers play in.

But you still have to have all those legitimate accounts? I understand this sort of software exists but surely it can only control accounts of yours? It can't control guild members scattered across all of europe surely? And it cannot launch all 8 of your characters from 1 account.

Part of me feels that if you go to these lengths and expense to 'win' in an mmo you might as well be left to get on with it.

The bigger part of me wants to start slapping faces though.

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you still have to have all those legitimate accounts? I understand this sort of software exists but surely it can only control accounts of yours? It can't control guild members scattered across all of europe surely? And it cannot launch all 8 of your characters from 1 account.
    You are correct on all counts.

Each character is on a separately paid for and subbed account owned by the 'boxer, they aren't multiple characters on one account as the game server won't allow that to happen, and played on a machine or machines he controls.

Theoretically they can be distributed across the Internet, I have no idea if this is ever/often done.

I have two accounts in most games, I play on two PCs though I only truly dual-box in FFXI using a KVM to switch between the two PCs largely due to historical reasons. In ESO my 'alt' account gives me easier muling.

Some games like WOW have a ./follow command so you can legitimately link many characters to follow one of each other, which is how 'trains' are built in games like that. ESO has no such command so when you see a bot train you know it has to be using third-party software (eg. ISBoxer) or is simply pos-hacking.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 15, 2014 2:18PM
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct on all counts.

Each character is on a separately paid for and subbed account owned by the 'boxer, they aren't multiple characters on one account as the game server won't allow that to happen, and played on a machine or machines he controls.

So one guy has 24 or 48 accounts? To paraphrase King Theoden.

What can men do against such reckless extravagance?
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    I saw the question arise about WHY someone would divulge such interest in "winning" to have a program to all be controlled by one button attack/defend...etc. Well from my experiences it's all about money.Since it has nothing to do with love, except maybe the LOVE for money...lol. Anyway these accts. that get to a vr10 will undoubtedly be sold. Most Blizzard accts. are that way, meaning they(gold farming companies) have bought (from multi-boxers) accts. then resold them. The multi-boxers are mass producing vr10 leveled characters and not just for entertainment purposes. Normally what happens though is the farm company after maybe several months inform the MMO company of acct. theft naming the buyer of the acct. as the perp. Then the MMO company investigates either giving the acct. back to the farming company representative (thinking the rep is a normal individual) or finds the original acct. has been sold and just bans it. The guy that bought it loses his acct. and possible future accts. The farm company laughs all the way to the bank. This has been documented on many documentaries on TV and how the MMO companies are either the pawn or a willing participant. Remember when something is this amiss it's always about money!!!
  • Targanwolf
    I have to say I'm starting to loose faith.Duping ,bots,bank glitches,bugs have moved this game backwards.. I want to see progress FORWARD.SOLVING THE ABOVE PROBLEMS ADDS NOTHING TO THE GAME.At best they can move the game to where it should have been.To repeat the famous saying of George Washington......"DEEDS NOT WORDS".I want deeds.I want a game that is moving forward,not wallowing in its setbacks.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldnt catch 50 man Aldmerii multiboxer but instead found 2 x 24 man multiboxing Daggerfall. Wtb customer support to clear game from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBNVK_mkkHg&feature=youtu.be

Watch my intentional jumping between them, 0 reaction.