Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

State of the Game Address

• TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    This multibox cheating is really becoming a pain in the arse. While they can be dodged once you learn how, they are almost impossible to kill, they ignore all damage and roots. On top of that, wherever there is a multiboxer, server lag jumps sky high making it really hard for regular players to cast any abilities. Casting something can take up to a few seconds.

This issue really needs to be solved fast as it is ruining the game for honest players. I really enjoy organized PvP but this multiboxing crap is really taking all fun of it.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    You are correct on all counts.

Each character is on a separately paid for and subbed account owned by the 'boxer, they aren't multiple characters on one account as the game server won't allow that to happen, and played on a machine or machines he controls.

So one guy has 24 or 48 accounts? To paraphrase King Theoden.

What can men do against such reckless extravagance?
    Well 'boxer groups of that size are pretty rare, but it's very common to see groups of 4/5/6 depending on the size of a normal 'dungeon party' any particular game has.

In Warcraft groups of 5 Shaman are a common setup as that class can perform all 'trinity' roles very well and can tackle any instance on-level. Groups of 10 are also not unknown as raid content comes in 10 and 20-man variants.

I actually understand this, if you play an entire group you can play instances on your own and can avoid PUGs altogether, and PUGging is the number one reason I rarely ever play that content in MMOs.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 16, 2014 6:51AM
  • Sheneria
    Sheneria
    ✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    Couldnt catch 50 man Aldmerii multiboxer but instead found 2 x 24 man multiboxing Daggerfall. Wtb customer support to clear game from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBNVK_mkkHg&feature=youtu.be

Watch my intentional jumping between them, 0 reaction.

lol this video shows no multiboxing, if anything this is a disciplined raid owning a mindless zerg ("hint" you)
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should watch with open eyes. First how they can "own me" if i never die to them? Second, how much "organized" raid need to be to allow jump between 10 of them and not see me/react?
    Because only one on front is not bot and only he see whats going on around would be my best guess. Its 100% bot group, sometimes random ppl join and follow it so you might see them, but core of this run its always absolute follow, exact same time ability usage (after all its macroed to same button) never reacting on whats going on their flanks and back.
  • nan.jieb17_ESO
    Sheneria wrote: »
    Gravord wrote: »
    Couldnt catch 50 man Aldmerii multiboxer but instead found 2 x 24 man multiboxing Daggerfall. Wtb customer support to clear game from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBNVK_mkkHg&feature=youtu.be

Watch my intentional jumping between them, 0 reaction.

lol this video shows no multiboxing, if anything this is a disciplined raid owning a mindless zerg ("hint" you)

If it would be organized then there would also be dmg on the sides, the fact that you can just stay/run on the flanks of this grp says it all.
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may be right but I don't see anything that suggests these are anything other than a zerg. they aren't moving in unison, they aren't using skills in unison.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TomLukman wrote: »
    This multibox cheating is really becoming a pain in the arse. While they can be dodged once you learn how, they are almost impossible to kill, they ignore all damage and roots. On top of that, wherever there is a multiboxer, server lag jumps sky high making it really hard for regular players to cast any abilities. Casting something can take up to a few seconds.

This issue really needs to be solved fast as it is ruining the game for honest players. I really enjoy organized PvP but this multiboxing crap is really taking all fun of it.
    Why should it ignore cc? I agree that it would be pretty damage resistant if some of the characters was healing all the time however pull or kickback would spread the characters out, any cc would do the same if he was moving.

No I have no issues with outlawing multiboxing, it would probably hurt bots more too. I only have problem seeing how multiboxing can be practical in PvP outside of a few limited settings.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sheneria
    Sheneria
    ✭✭✭
    sorry but its not a bot grp. its a german guild from EU Bloodthorn. I even talked to some of them. And in organized grp, you do what the leader tells you via TS/mumble.You don't stop and engage in combat on the flanks/back on your own just saying.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame we talking about EU Auriels Bow. Also their leader forbid them ever turn character to even look whats going on flanks? Look on vid mate, they never even turn to look ;D 100% bot.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, those are 2 groups of 24 on this vid, not just 1 ;)
  • Sheneria
    Sheneria
    ✭✭✭
    sorry they are in top 20 in EU Bloodthorn look it up yourself, since we (DC) own the Server they guest elsewhere.
    there is no botting going on, its old GW2 tactic (i used to run in raids like this too).
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Why should it ignore cc? I agree that it would be pretty damage resistant if some of the characters was healing all the time however pull or kickback would spread the characters out, any cc would do the same if he was moving.

No I have no issues with outlawing multiboxing, it would probably hurt bots more too. I only have problem seeing how multiboxing can be practical in PvP outside of a few limited settings.

Well, I don't know why the should ignore but the fact is they do. And when it comes to healing - they should take damage and then get healed, and in this case they don't take any damage. Their health bars always stay full, none of them ever get rooted, knocked back or pulled by DK chain. And even when a group of us did manage to pull one out from the group we couldn't kill it. It's health went down a bit and then it just wanished. Poof - no longer there.

I guess you're right. We really shouldn't have any problems with multiboxer groups like that and the big lag they create.
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    lol, The PRACTICALITY of this is money. You level up 4-5 accts. then sell them either to other real players or to gold farmer companies who in turn sell them to real individual players.If leveling is faster in PvP then this will be the MAIN area where bots/multiboxers are. If it not the fastest area/method, then it is simply to round out those accounts in the PvP area making them more appealing to buy. If an MMO company turns blind eye to this type of procedure, chances are they have some interest (monetarily) in the long run.Or the people/person directly overseeing PvP/multiboxing/botting is getting some type of kickback from the gold farming industry. Players will not simply buy 4-5 accts. and multibox/bot for the sheer enjoyment. It is money oriented and always has been.
    "No moment of despair is so great it cannot be overcome by a fifth of good bourbon and a beautiful woman in black seamed stockings and 6-inch stiletto heels."
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    How about limiting IP addresses to 1-2 accts., or requiring a notarized statement stating there are actually more than 1-2 real people playing at the same time on that IP address. MMO companies can and will do something if multiboxing/botting eats into their wallets. Untill then we will have the gold farming market co-joined with the MMO company making a small income for both.
    "No moment of despair is so great it cannot be overcome by a fifth of good bourbon and a beautiful woman in black seamed stockings and 6-inch stiletto heels."
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheneria wrote: »
    sorry they are in top 20 in EU Bloodthorn look it up yourself, since we (DC) own the Server they guest elsewhere.
    there is no botting going on, its old GW2 tactic (i used to run in raids like this too).

Interesting, fun fact - those bot train parts are on Auriels Bow leaderboard, guests cant do that ;) And they do this every single evening from 2 weeks on this server.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lilth wrote: »
    ularis wrote: »
    Game need , Aucion House real one not this "Guild Thing" and come on copy paste items i need verte 100 pages to find one item ... Smaller scale PVP for hardcore pvp players i reely dont enjoy spam 2-3 random buttons in some direction and maby to hit something .

I agree. I was all for the guild stores at first but the past few weeks I have changed my mind. ESO can consider allowing us to merge/ trade (stores) with other guilds or something. Anything. We really need a bigger trading market to make selling items worth it.

With all the fixes and known issues you mention there is still NO mention of fixing all the problems with class passives and skills. Night blade? I don't play a night blade but we know people who have already left the game because you guys still haven't even mentioned a fix for them. I don't understand why there is so much focus on bots/gold spammers and ZERO on fixing things that are more serious (IMO).

And why did you nerf the drop rate of items from wardrobes, chests, sacks, etc..knowing it would make exploring those things worthless for your legit players? I don't need or want anymore lock picks or hops! You did it to help with bots and gold spammers and that ISN'T going to slow them down all it did was punish the legit players. One of the main reasons ESO was still worth playing was exploring and finding cool items in the world. Well, for me its empty of that. I was lucky to find one green recipe (that I already have) in the past week in a Vet level 3 zone. Put less focus on bots/gold sellers and more on fixing the issues driving players to quit. I'd also like to know how much you nerfed reading the books with the chance for us to increase skills? It's been several weeks of reading all the bookshelves I come across and nothing.

Zenimax, you still have some loyal players but you are losing some of them. I don't want to see this game fall flat but you are already making the same mistakes other MMO"s have and that is ignoring what your players are saying.
    I'm a vampire and not for pvp =x I have a plan IF the dark brotherhood is introduced. That said, consider making the vampires and ww feel like we are just that? I'm not mortal so the npc's shouldn't call me one and we should be seen as what we are like in the elder scrolls console games. NPC's in towns knew we were undead. Quest NPC's could make us do a small quest proving they could trust us or something so we are accepted in that town? Just a thought.

I don't pvp a lot but when I go to cyradiil I see where you can add to the pvp there and make it more fun. You should add smaller scale pvp options there in arenas or something. Add dueling there. So much space you guys can fill in with stuff to do for your pvp base.

Overall, I still enjoy the game but ONLY for the questing atm =x Once I am done with that I am hopeful you guys will have fixed and added some of the suggestions your players have put out there. Believe it or not, your players have a clue on what is needed for this game to succeed since we play it, we read chat, we hear from A LOT of in game players what is lacking to keep interest in the game.

they are aware of the nightblade issues and on the docket to be fixed as per this thread:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/97595/in-progress-known-issues#latest

this thread is updated almost daily with the already known issues so keep it handy. There is a paragraph on the ngithblade broken passives. They are aware.
  • Sheneria
    Sheneria
    ✭✭✭
    funny i see unlux at nr 4 on bloodthorn leaderboard as well as many others from his grp.
    you can look it up anytime just saying.
    Edited by Sheneria on May 16, 2014 3:01PM
  • DGVish
    DGVish
    ✭✭
    My biggest gripe with this game is it's inventory system and there are no loot tables for dungeons. I know gear might not seem important to you guys due to crafting, but it is nice to see what you can get. More or less the ability to plan for gear/loot ahead of time makes me feel like I don't have to devote so much time to crafting or spend all my valuable materials on upgrading.
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    lol, The PRACTICALITY of this is money...
    Since this game is sold off-line as well it's quite possible (and probable) they are using key generators to generate fake keys. If so they don't really care about some accounts getting wiped. Same goes for resource farming bot accounts we encounter every day in newbie areas.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this game is sold off-line as well it's quite possible (and probable) they are using key generators to generate fake keys. If so they don't really care about some accounts getting wiped. Same goes for resource farming bot accounts we encounter every day in newbie areas.

Or, since they seem to be always in packs of 8, people somehow found a way to log in all characters on one accont.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    We know they are multiboxer bots because they move like this; i.imgur.com/cVl1q93.png
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    They don't multi box. It is easy to control all 48. I myself never done it but I do know people in ffxi who do. They can send a command like /console 1 /comsole 2 and so on to each computer. These will run a script and follow or support a main.

I don't know how advanced they got since ffxi, but controlling this many toons sounds very relistic
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Umeil
    Umeil
    ✭✭
    When will you be fixing passive abilities that stop working once you die. It is pathetic that this is still in the game. Get your fingers out your ..... and fix the simple basics of the game

You are boasting about your new content to released shortly BUT the basics are not fixed ???????

Get it sorted out already
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    Zenimax seemingly will not respond to the gold farmer/multi-box/bot situation for it increases their income. May be they will in the future who knows? If this situation is not present in f2p MMOs then that's the way of the future and the fix.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMO companies can and will do something if multiboxing/botting eats into their wallets..
    Which MMOs don't allow multi-boxing?

Name one, I challenge you! But please, before answering, make sure you understand what 'boxing is and is not.

As for your 'notorised statement', get real, this this a game not anything important.

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, come again?

How do you think a game account can be activated with a fake key?
  • Hythrium
    Hythrium
    Soul Shriven
    Zenimax seemingly will not respond to the gold farmer/multi-box/bot situation for it increases their income. May be they will in the future who knows? If this situation is not present in f2p MMOs then that's the way of the future and the fix.

They would earn more money by banning, making them re-buy the game and repeating this.

so your comment has no logic to it.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this situation is not present in f2p MMOs then that's the way of the future and the fix.
    RMT infests all games, P2P or F2P, and F2P comes with some serious downsides to those of us who prefer P2P games.