Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

State of the Game Address

• dynamite7673b14_ESO
    Volkoth wrote: »
    Today you rolled out patch 1.06, and while most of the improvements are welcome, there is one which is NOT. Loot timers and diminishing returns on delve bosses. Ever since the creation of MMO's there has been a past time called farming. You sit and camp various mobs for loot and XP. You aren't cheating, you aren't botting, you are just spending your time and $14.99 a month how you want. No you have a problem of people using BOTS. This is a violation of your End User Agreement. You choose to fight this by hamstringing your game? I went into a dungeon today, killed the boss, got my loot. Then waited 7min or so for the respawn, killed it and got NOTHING. Then I figured ok, I'll move on to the next dungeon, kill the boss once and no loot! Apparently the loot timer is linked to all major mobs. What is the sense in paying to play a game if you have taken out the feature I find enjoyable, killing bosses for loot??? We can look over the bugs, spammers and bots, but this is too much. I know I am not alone in the opinion of this addition to the patch. There is a mass amount of players who don't bot but legitimately kill bosses both in delves and in world who are effected by this. Don't pull a SWG and not listen to the masses. If you want to combat BOTS, do it an a way that doesn't impact legitimate paying customers, otherwise we will refuse to be your customers.
    ^-THIS-^

Nahte 26 - Sorcerer DPS
    Rebma VR1 - DK Tank
    Eener 20 - Sorcerer/Dedicated Crafter
  • AddiZ
    AddiZ
    ✭✭✭
    Now almost a month and with all the bugs and now this loot timers im sick of this *** now im out!

Cya again when you go f2p
  • ZeroNeonix
    ZeroNeonix
    ✭✭
    Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing how the crime system will work.
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »

"play how YOU want to play" I believe is what I heard announced towards the release date, and so far, its been more like, play how we want you to, because we can't control bots or spammers...

Im not trying to be insulting or anything here but have you ever played a MMO before this one?

In any MMO which is at least somewhat popular, you'll have botters and goldspammers. If you want to blame someone, blame the guys who buys gold, if they don't buy gold from the goldsellers, then the spam wouldn't exist.

Regarding AvA, I actually think they should have done what GW2 did for sPvP: everyone is buffed to max level with all skills fully unlocked in AvA, and you can get PvP-only gear with any enchants you want.
    Edited by Xaei on May 2, 2014 7:39PM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys can do it :) I am very much a person who appreciates the "bigger picture". I want this game to succeed, and I hope it does. Keep up the good work!
    Even if the economy was spoiled, thankfully in no way, shape or form does the game's enjoyment revolve around it. :smile:

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS, Vampires aren't the problem, it's ulti cost reduction passives and ulti cost reduction sets, you nerfed an already incredibly weak skill line and have made it near useless! And no word of fixing all of our broken passives! What's wrong with you?!?!
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »
    Hows this... After my current sub runs out I'm Done. I am a lifetime Elder Scrolls fan and have played since 1994, when I got the game Arena, in Easter instead of Xmas, due to Bethesda missing their announced release date that year. This PVP, Boss Loot Timer, and Sooo many bugs has seriously put mo off to the point I HATE this game.

I would like to send a whole Hearted F**K you out to Zenimax, for pushing the Devs to release the game before it was finished.

The state of the game is ***. So broken, so off balance, and so far NOT WORTH WHAT YOUR CHARGING!

Good luck, I am among the 1000's of dedicated Elder Scrolls fans that has had enough, after barely a month...

"play how YOU want to play" I believe is what I heard announced towards the release date, and so far, its been more like, play how we want you to, because we can't control bots or spammers...
    Bye. I am one of the 1000's of dedicated Elder Scrolls fans that is just getting started and is having a blast!

Course, poor Bethesda lost a ton more fans from Elder Scrolls due to their massive launch screwups with Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. From game-breaking bugs to saves being corrupted, to one particular 'cannot go further' bug in Oblivion that took over a year for developers to solve. And lets not forget those wonderful glitches that allowed for item dupes, etc, etc.

Those didn't have subs, though. I feel you on that. Though I think ZOS has done more bug-fixes and patches in it's first 30 days of released than ANY Bethesda title has done in their first three months (having played them all, as well).

Just making a comparison is all.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    Goldie wrote-"Those didn't have subs, though. I feel you on that. Though I think ZOS has done more bug-fixes and patches in it's first 30 days of released than ANY Bethesda title has done in their first three months (having played them all, as well).

Just making a comparison is all."

Point is THEY HAD to otherwise there would be even more unsatisfied customers....lol
    It's one thing to get on the bug fixes asap and get em fixed, but it's another thing entirely when the MMO actually has that many in the first place. So many to the point they still haven't addressed them all. The "new" customers won't see as many as us beta testers did from launch and think wow, this isn't as buggy as some have stated. After a lot of beta players leave out of frustration the new players will take their place and not really understand what the problems are/were. Just like most other MMOs though, if the MMO company keeps ticking people off by the bug/coding/pvp...etc the MMO will get a reputation very quickly and people will not even pick it up to try it. Rift went that way as did STO,Warhammer,DDO...etc.
    "No moment of despair is so great it cannot be overcome by a fifth of good bourbon and a beautiful woman in black seamed stockings and 6-inch stiletto heels."
  • TheBloodartist
    This is a leaving message, feel free to ignore it.

My month of free time is ending in couple days and I have decided not to continue subscription. Now as to the reasons why, I want to make some things clear:
    - I do NOT quit because of the bugs. I can be very patient when it comes to that (although the infinite loading time glitch would have made me leave also if it wasn't fixed but it was)
    - I do NOT quit because of gold-sellers. While disruptive, they do not prevent me from playing the game.
    - I do NOT quit because the game has subscription. If a game is fun to play, then I am willing to pay for it. If not, it being free to play doesn't change a thing for me. I won't play such games even if they are free.

I'm quitting because ESO is just another in the long line of completely linear progression MMOs and I had enough of those to last me a lifetime. Hearing about having to go thru veteran content to get to Craglorn was the big red light and final straw for me. I have had enough of such stupid god-knows-how-many-decades-old themepark MMO design.

Other design philosophies exist (and it looks like mmo developers are actually pursuing them in the future judging from latest news but change takes time). I know no MMO can change its fundamental nature post-launch, so off I go. I predict similar sharp drop in subscriptions as SWTOR experienced.

ESO is not even multiplayer Skyrim, because in Skyrim you could at least progress in any direction due to scaling enemies. But even that is not a true sandbox. In a sandbox player would be capable of changing the game or adding things to the game. Thats what kids do at the sandbox, after all. They build sandcastles.

Good bye and have fun, I'm off in my search of sandboxes probably in everquest next.

ps. I can see why Zenimax made people have to buy the game. I guess it will be a saving grace.
    Edited by TheBloodartist on May 3, 2014 8:38AM
    "Everything you can imagine is real."
    - Pablo Picasso
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS, Vampires aren't the problem, it's ulti cost reduction passives and ulti cost reduction sets, you nerfed an already incredibly weak skill line and have made it near useless! And no word of fixing all of our broken passives! What's wrong with you?!?!

That an lie from someone trying keep broken things in game and abuse them.
    Vampire is totally overpowered, Bat Swarm have highest dmg from every ultimate and heals for almost same amount as it deal dmg. Changing cost from 10 ultimate to 60 still not gonna solve issue. Right now probably 90% veteran rank players are vampires, is it Twilight Online?
    And for all brilliant tacticians saying "just dont stay blobed and it wont hit you" - on EU Auriels Bow server we have already 40 man vamp groups, try find spot not affected by Bat ***, good luck with that.
    Same goes for Mist and Bolt escape, why the hell they are faster than mounts and have guarantee safe way out of hard combat whenever they need?
    This things need serious fix while theres still player base left. Maybe it happen to loose few kids outraged that their overpowered vamps cant solo 20 ppl anymore but you will keep bulk of pvp population that want to play in balanced system, not be forced to become vampire to stay competitive.
  • dalgrimar
    dalgrimar
    ✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »

Vampire is totally overpowered, Bat Swarm have highest dmg from every ultimate and heals for almost same amount as it deal dmg. Changing cost from 10 ultimate to 60 still not gonna solve issue. Right now probably 90% veteran rank players are vampires, is it Twilight Online?
    And for all brilliant tacticians saying "just dont stay blobed and it wont hit you" - on EU Auriels Bow server we have already 40 man vamp groups, try find spot not affected by Bat ***, good luck with that.
    Same goes for Mist and Bolt escape, why the hell they are faster than mounts and have guarantee safe way out of hard combat whenever they need?
    This things need serious fix while theres still player base left. Maybe it happen to loose few kids outraged that their overpowered vamps cant solo 20 ppl anymore but you will keep bulk of pvp population that want to play in balanced system, not be forced to become vampire to stay competitive.
    I 100% agree with Gravord here.
    Like he says on EU Auriels Bow 90% of the veteran rank players are vampire abusing this ultimate and you have indeed 40man vampire zergs already wrecking havoc over whole map and nobody can kill them cuz if 1 batswarm abuser can solo 20 people you can imagine what 40 blobed batswarm abusers can.
    I dont even care annymore about the aoe cap, bat swarm is way more important to be fixed atm or ESO will lose ALLOT of playerbase at next sub renewal.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Point is THEY HAD to otherwise there would be even more unsatisfied customers....lol
    It's one thing to get on the bug fixes asap and get em fixed, but it's another thing entirely when the MMO actually has that many in the first place. So many to the point they still haven't addressed them all. The "new" customers won't see as many as us beta testers did from launch and think wow, this isn't as buggy as some have stated. After a lot of beta players leave out of frustration the new players will take their place and not really understand what the problems are/were. Just like most other MMOs though, if the MMO company keeps ticking people off by the bug/coding/pvp...etc the MMO will get a reputation very quickly and people will not even pick it up to try it. Rift went that way as did STO,Warhammer,DDO...etc.

Your argument reminds me so much of WoW in it's first days. That was a buggy, broken game on release. It's considered the biggest success of all.

Star Wars Galaxies was down for seven days straight. Lasted for what, 10 years? Developers didn't really kill that game until about two years in.

A lot of MMO's are falling to the wayside. You are right. The bulk of modern MMO gamers aren't loyal players at all. They play something till they reach max level, then move on. This is proven fact, by the way. Bugs or no bugs. PvP is the only sustainable content form, and most of those games sideline PvP so hard it's not even funny.

ESO is being awfully arrogant to think it'll release new content every six weeks. And to come off the backs of Dark Age of Camelot and wrap almost the entirety of end-game into PvP? Plus they are already pushing aggressive changes (read Patch 1.2 PTS information on Reddit) to combat huge issues in PvP, like Dark Knight talons, vampire abilities, werewolf suckage, and nightblade ability failures.

Being a beta tester myself, I recognize what's going on. Am actually impressed. Of course, I've beta-tested MMO's since the late 90's, so I've seen good companies, and absolutely horrible companies.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Khuul99
    Khuul99
    ✭✭
    Ok, this latest "fix" for the bosses are just ridiculous.

Having the timer being global (as in not boss specific) just makes it silly. You go in and kill a group challenge in a public dungeon (the one in cold harbour) and killed the little sub boss and then killed the masin boss and noone gets anything from it because we already killed a "boss".

This timer can't be there if it's so lazyily coded so it's global. I can't understand how that didn't get caught before it got implemented.

The timer as it has been implemented just punishes people that want to play the game.
  • Sirmati
    Sirmati
    Normal Company when he sees that something broke (Vamp Ulti). Just off the ability to until it is repaired.

Instead, we have two weekly spam Ulti vampires. Thanks PvP died. And with him my interest in this game ...
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs wake up while still ppl hoping to see it fix. Planned patch aint enough to solve this broken ability issue. Vid made few mins ago, theres tons of that in Cyrodiil and as you can clearly see theres something wrong with that picture...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwbXc9KDYcU&feature=youtu.be
  • dalgrimar
    dalgrimar
    ✭✭✭
    Devs wake up while still ppl hoping to see it fix. Planned patch aint enough to solve this broken ability issue. Vid made few mins ago, theres tons of that in Cyrodiil and as you can clearly see theres something wrong with that picture...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwbXc9KDYcU&feature=youtu.be
    Everyone please share this vid and spam it everywhere, prolly best example of how OP batswarm is atm. 1 guy tanking around 30 people and losing not even 1% health...
  • spriggsub17_ESO
    spriggsub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    We’re also continuing to fix bugs as we find them and as players report them to us. In a world as large as ESO’s, with endless variations of gameplay by players, it is impossible for QA to identify all bugs before launch, but we’re working hard to find and close them quickly. We’ve fixed many quest blockers, especially in zone, NPC guild, and main story quests, but we know there are still others. These affect far fewer players, but they’re annoying when encountered and we will address them. Fixes are getting patched in during our regular weekly updates, and of course Update 1 (see below) will contain many more.

It's one thing if some side quests have bugs; that's to be expected in a game of this scale. However, what's not acceptable is the fact that many character passives and more than a few actives either do not work at all or do not work as stated. I am a DPS Nightblade, and when my skills lock up, becoming totally unresponsive in the same boss fight 5 times in a row and my armor is trashed as a result, and I have to waypoint across the map to repair and redo the whole quest again from the beginning? :\NOT OK when you're asking me to pay $80 up front and 50 cents every day on top of that.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB developer, was sure 12e/month from few hundred thousand of ppl would be enough for one to bother and respond to such urgent issues.
  • nan.jieb17_ESO

Is no one from Zenimax reading the comments? How much proof does it take to realize that vampire is not working as intended?

What they could do right now:
    Systemmessage like the ones in yellow telling us about the temporarily disabled guild-/mailsystem and warn everyone about abusing vamp stage 4 plus encouraging people to make videos and bann the violators.
    PvP should be fun now and not in a week, time is worth money!

Btw I would personally like to encourage people to collect the names of the vamp kiddys and (even after nerf) hunt them down, teabag and shovel them. ;)
    I am pretty sure it makes them rage. :smiley:
  • Khuul99
    Khuul99
    ✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Actually, I welcome the global loot timer precisely because it cuts down on the ability of farmers to farm. Why would I take such an obviously unpopular position? Because their activities do have an impact on my game experience.

A concrete example: Triple Circle Mine. Setting aside the fact that I walked from one end of this area to the other without encountering a single live mob, there were several players (players not bots, I checked levels and name structure... I had time) standing around the spawn point for Bonetooth. It was only on the 4th spawn that I was fast enough to get in a single hit... which was enough to get me the achievement.

This is what farming gets you. That experience has been repeated in pretty much every mini-dungeon and delve in both Stonefalls and Deshaan.

You don't want the timer coming in and preventing people from playing the way they want to? How about stopping them from doing the same to the rest of us without it?

Because the timer is global and stop you from getting loot from boss B because you killed boss A earlier.

This stops players that are not farming or not using bots and just traveling around doing our own stuff, questing and whatnot.

It's the totally wrong method to battle bots. It's the lazy method but it hurts ordinary players more than the bots ever did.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is no one from Zenimax reading the comments? How much proof does it take to realize that vampire is not working as intended?

Systemmessage like the ones in yellow telling us about the temporarily disabled guild-/mailsystem and warn everyone about abusing vamp stage 4 plus encouraging people to make videos and bann the violators.

Btw I would personally like to encourage people to collect the names of the vamp kiddys and (even after nerf) hunt them down, teabag and shovel them. ;)

Would be really interesting to get info how many v10 playing on EU Auriels Bow are not vamps and how many top 100 leaderboard are not vamps. Really curious if that number goes above 2-3 players...
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would be really interesting to get info how many v10 playing on EU Auriels Bow are not vamps and how many top 100 leaderboard are not vamps. Really curious if that number goes above 2-3 players...

While it's not official on these forums yet, they have said on Reddit that vampire fixes (as well as werewolf buffs) and nightblade fixes are coming very soon.

The post I read said 1.2, so after Craglorn. I'd really rather they take their time, because while PvP IS important and the state of PvP right now is very lopsided by all accounts, making broad sweeps, disabling abilities and essentailly swinging a nerf hammer is not good practice.

Any changes to existing skills and abilities needs to be tested and given proper time. I'm glad it's coming, and I'm glad it's being given the proper focus. Just wish they'd release something official on THESE forums so that we can get more direct-quote information.

XBOX NA

• Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While it's not official on these forums yet, they have said on Reddit that vampire fixes (as well as werewolf buffs) and nightblade fixes are coming very soon.

Those suggested changes are not enough to fix vamp issue.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please clarify? I'm not sure I've seen their suggested changes, simply that they are aware of the overuse of bats, the combination of ultimate building/cost reduction from vampire passives, and the move speed of mist form and it's overuse.

If they nerf mist form and bats by making them more costly to use and probably less effective (even in stage 4 vampirism), what more do we need?

Remember that ZOS has a very different priority from many of the posters here. They don't want to ruin a gametype at the expense of others. They are pushing to make each variation interesting and powerful in its own right. I think it's very likely we'll see vampires still hitting the battlefield and draining groups with bats, but it won't be as overpowering.

There's a thin line between overpowered and too powerful. Vampires don't need removed, just pushed back over that line.

I know that, despite their OP status, I had to drop vampirism from my main NB simply because I couldn't handle the fire damage at veteran levels. No matter the benefit, the penalty was simply too much for my playstyle. Some, like dunmur or ultimate-equip stackers have no issue, but I am neither.

XBOX NA

• spriggsub17_ESO
    spriggsub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I played GW2 for almost 2 years, and I left it to come here because the AvA in GW2 was lousy. I am playing this game for the AvA, and AvA in this game is broken. WHY should I pay $80 + $15 dollars every month for my Nightblade skills to lock up in AvA while OP vampires tear me a new one and I can do NOTHING?! I'm sorry, but any game charging this much when it is still in a beta state of development does not deserve to succeed.

I want to love this game. As it is I am very frustrated. ZOS needs to put this on the front burner NOW.
    Edited by spriggsub17_ESO on May 4, 2014 7:14PM
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please clarify? I'm not sure I've seen their suggested changes, simply that they are aware of the overuse of bats, the combination of ultimate building/cost reduction from vampire passives, and the move speed of mist form and it's overuse.

If they nerf mist form and bats by making them more costly to use and probably less effective (even in stage 4 vampirism), what more do we need?

Remember that ZOS has a very different priority from many of the posters here. They don't want to ruin a gametype at the expense of others. They are pushing to make each variation interesting and powerful in its own right. I think it's very likely we'll see vampires still hitting the battlefield and draining groups with bats, but it won't be as overpowering.

There's a thin line between overpowered and too powerful. Vampires don't need removed, just pushed back over that line.

I know that, despite their OP status, I had to drop vampirism from my main NB simply because I couldn't handle the fire damage at veteran levels. No matter the benefit, the penalty was simply too much for my playstyle. Some, like dunmur or ultimate-equip stackers have no issue, but I am neither.

Lets clarify then
    Reddit: "Fixed the bug where multiple Bat Swarms can be stacked on the same Vampire.
    Reduced the movement speed bonus during mist form to 30% (which makes it equivalent to the "Boundless storm" morph of Lightning form)
    Reduced the Vampire ability cost reduction to 7% per stage"

Right now fully geared Bat Swarm spammer have Ultimate on cost of 10, with proposed changes his cost will increase to 40-60 while rest of us mortals need 200 for use much worse effects. Bat Swarms have higher dmg output per sec than DK Banner while in same time restoring 90% dmg done to vampire.

Mist form give you speed, proposed nerf is good, but it dont include nerf to ridiculous overpowered 75% dmg reduction. Hyper speed plus taking 1/4 dmg, nice, 1 button spam safe escape from every tough fight and even 30% will be faster than most ppl horses. Also, Mist form allow to be healed by Bat Swarm and i dont see in that note that gonna be fixed.

EU Aurlies Bow is again stormed by 40 man vamp squad spamming Swarms and destroying everything on their way. Will try catch them tonight on vid so you can see what is going on when broken overpowered abilties not getting immediate fix.

Hope it clarify issue and explain why thos proposed changes are not enough :)
  • cjtignub17_ESO
    cjtignub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Was on dawnbreaker for about 6 hrs last night dont think saw a single bat swarm. Highly doubt 90% r vamps maybe 15%. If u think bay swarm is good then roll vamp. They really should rethink this massive nerf to vampire. They r swinging the pendulum wayyy to far to the wrong direction.
  • Thevenin
    Thevenin
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised the nerf bat hasn't swung harder, and broader.
    The amount of suscribers this vampire / broken talons / bolt escape *** must have already driven away might be quite astounding. Given that they fixed quests pretty fast, I think most people would have coped with the buggy launch, as long as the only end game - PvP - was fun to play. But this really looked too amateurish, a large chunk of my guild has already left because they think a team that can release a game with such crazy balance issues can't properly deal with a MMO. And I think they're right.
  • cjtignub17_ESO
    cjtignub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Please consider making vamp cost reduction 10% per level