Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PTS Update 44 - Feedback Thread for IC Itemization

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the IC Itemization. Specifically, the focus is on testing currency conversion. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did your keys/fragments convert to currency?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The first major callout is that Imperial Keys and Imperial Key Fragments are being converted to a new account-wide currency called “Imperial Fragments”. Keys and Key Fragments will be automatically converted from your inventory, or when they first go into your inventory from banks, guild traders, etc. Going forward, enemies will also drop this new currency instead of either keys or key fragments. Unlike Tel Var, you do not lose this currency on death.

Mine converted, including the ones that were in my bank without me needing to access or withdraw them. Noting because that was not my understanding of what would happen based on the quoted patch note (not complaining though).

Edit: ones in the inventories of other characters converted upon login to those characters
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on September 18, 2024 7:12PM
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    This is the official feedback thread for the IC Itemization. Specifically, the focus is on testing currency conversion. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Did your keys/fragments convert to currency?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

I saw how my key fragments got converted but since I do not have keys I don't know if they are converted to a specific amount of key fragments or they are converted in a 1:1 fashion? Wish the patch notes could be more clear on that subject.

Note aside, can you make already collected rune boxes to be grayed out or have a red message stating we already have that collectible as you do with the storage chests (the ones that comes from the Siege of Cyrodiil items)? They are bind on pickup so I don't benefit on getting a duplicate and try to sell it or email it to another account.

2i8zgczbvlqj.png

On another subject, I like the new changes on this patch. Makes me want to play IC a lot more than I currently do.
    Edited by jcaceresw on September 17, 2024 3:34PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very happy to have more sources to get gear, especially curated lol

kind of sad to see key frags go, i really enjoyed selling those lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I saw the Imperial City Mythic vendor had the same Leads as the infinite archive vendor?

Would prefer to see different options available for each.

If this could be weighted towards Mythics that have more preferred usage in PvP that would be even better.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    I saw how my key fragments got converted but since I do not have keys I don't know if they are converted to a specific amount of key fragments or they are converted in a 1:1 fashion? Wish the patch notes could be more clear on that subject.

Hi jcaceresw! It is indeed a 1:1 conversion.
    Here is a better breakdown as provided by the dev team.
    • 1 fragment = 1 Imperial Fragment
    • 1 IC vault key (any of the 6) = 60 Imperial Fragments (the original cost to make an IC vault key)
    • 1 IC dungeon vault key = 150 Imperial Fragments (the original cost to make an IC dungeon vault key)
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Key Fragments and Keys converted.

The Baron Thrisk Coffer is listed twice on the Grand Armor Vendor.

Could an icon be implemented to indicate if something is curated to avoid confusion?

For example, the coffers for the specific Imperial City Monster Shoulders are Curated without any label indicating it but, the coffer you get from the White Gold Tower Vault for Imperial Fragments are not curated.

I'm kind of curious what Tur wants to do with the Fragments.

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about legacy vault fragments that have now been serving as valuable collectibles? The patchnotes don't mention that since their names aren't "key fragment" even if that is their purpose. It would be a shame if my 8 year old Planar Armor was converted into Imperial Fragments rather than simply becoming a 'useless' legacy item (that still serves its purpose as a collectible and piece of history from a time before "key fragments" were introduced).
    I couldn't check on them on the PTS yet...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    What about legacy vault fragments that have now been serving as valuable collectibles? The patchnotes don't mention that since their names aren't "key fragment" even if that is their purpose. It would be a shame if my 8 year old Planar Armor was converted into Imperial Fragments rather than simply becoming a 'useless' legacy item (that still serves its purpose as a collectible and piece of history from a time before "key fragments" were introduced).
    I couldn't check on them on the PTS yet...

my understanding is those legacy OG key fragments are basically treated the same as the current key fragments, they were just never previously converted into the more generic key fragments, but could still be used to get through the doors to make the keys

i dont know if that means they would get auto-converted too
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities