Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crashed

• valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey zos - I'm not looking for all the answers, but this is a nice example of the kind of communication players are often complaining about...

some sort of response to the servers failing like "we're investigating, we're aware" within half an hour is not an unreasonable ask.
  • Boltz4Life
    Boltz4Life
    ✭✭
    Just crashed again, can't do infinite archive at all.

Yeah, seems that you are not alone. Might want to wait on that until the game server is more stable.

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, we are aware of crashing happening on PC NA. We are investigating the issue currently.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys don't worry I'm on it, just gotta run to home depot for at least 15 more box fans
    4UVNf3Y.jpeg
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on June 24, 2024 5:20PM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of complaints and questions in zone chat. Seems like its a very wide spread issue.
    Edited by majulook on June 24, 2024 5:12PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Uazole2
    Uazole2
    Anybody from EU servers having issues?
  • Shrinkwrap
    Shrinkwrap
    ✭✭✭
    booted logging in... oh well, time to do something else
  • jarlragnar
    jarlragnar
    ✭✭✭
    After 10 years of this game being out, we still have unstable servers [snip]. Can't even enjoy a game without this game having lag issues, server crashes, and PvP exploits [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 24, 2024 6:56PM
  • Azzras
    Azzras
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed yet again. 6 times now....
  • johnicus
    johnicus
    ✭✭✭
    Three cheers for server optimization!
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashes 4 times in a row.
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    xbox NA too not just PC
  • Tarbs01
    Tarbs01
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, we are aware of crashing happening on PC NA. We are investigating the issue currently.

What about Xbox NA? Crashing there too
    Xbox/NA Nord DK For the Pact!
  • harvey07
    harvey07
    ✭✭✭
    same for me...started about 20ish mins ago. kicked out.....won't let me log back...then it goes to a queue after i am able to log back. over and over after i am back for 3 mins or try to loot anything.
  • NerirocF
    NerirocF
    ✭✭

It isn't just PC NA. Also having crashes on Xbox NA.
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah 4 times now. I get in after waiting 5 mins or so but crash shorty after getting in. Tried to harvest a resource this tie and that wouldn’t work then crash.
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarlragnar wrote: »
    [snip]

Life has been hard for me for the past 10 years. I request all monies I spent everywhere to be returned because I am straight up not having a good time.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 24, 2024 6:58PM
  • HGWellsWH12

It’s not just PC @ZOS_Kevin - Xbox NA is experiencing the same crashes
  • Sassyuke
    Sassyuke
    ✭✭
    All this new content but not enough investment into the infrastructure to handle it. Am I wrong? I don't know lots about this but the performance decline over the years is telling.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC\NA
    Queue to get in about 10 mins ago, massive ping spikes inside player home.
    Booted to login just now, not even going to bother trying to get back in.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Uazole2
    Uazole2
    qbxu597fkni2.jpeg
  • Boltz4Life
    Boltz4Life
    ✭✭

Awesome. Players appreciate the update and look forward to any more you can provide! Thanks!

• ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Kevin! All my silly joking on these forums aside, We appreciate you, seriously. <3
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager

It’s not just PC @ZOS_Kevin - Xbox NA is experiencing the same crashes

Thank you for clarifying. We have shared this with the team as well.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tarbs01
    Tarbs01
    ✭✭
    Boltz4Life wrote: »

Awesome. Players appreciate the update and look forward to any more you can provide! Thanks!

Yes, this. Being an IT guy myself of 20+ years, I very much appreciate the updates.
    Xbox/NA Nord DK For the Pact!
  • ShawnF
    ShawnF
    ✭✭✭
    Happening on PS/NA as well.

Was in Silorn, rubber banding back & forth, couldn't summon a banker, NPCs in the wrong locations fighting the air, then kicked - could not communicate with servers. Same thing overland in Telvanni peninsula.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uazole2 wrote: »
    qbxu597fkni2.jpeg

pzi04fbdb0fc.png
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just a follow up. We aware aware this is impacting all NA megaservers. We are investigating the issue across all platforms.
    Staff Post
  • celeste_lavie
    celeste_lavie
    Soul Shriven
    After crashing twice while in IA, logged in a third time and got to the end of the Arc I had been working on and the game crashed again. Logged in one last time only to find all my progress gone and it had started me over from the beginning. :| I have decided to log off for the rest of the day at this point. Time to go touch grass. (PC NA)
  • Boltz4Life
    Boltz4Life
    ✭✭
    jarlragnar wrote: »
    [snip]

Life has been hard for me for the past 10 years. I request all monies I spent everywhere to be returned because I am straight up not having a good time.

To be fair, not having a good time is not the proper comparison to actually paying for a service or feature that is not being fulfilled. I'm not siding with anyone here, just stating that they are completely different. If I pay good money for 1GB internet speeds, and only get 200mbps speeds, or randomly terrible/unusable service, I contact the company and tell them to credit the hell out of my bill. While some people take this to extremes, we do need to hold companies and services accountable for charging a price for a service that is not up to par.

If I pay for a cheeseburger that is shown in a picture that has not been smooshed with a boot, thrown against a wall, then wrapped messily and thrown into a bag, that's what I want when I give them my money. If someone schedules time to use a service that they pay for, the service should be up and running (properly) as expected and as paid for/satisfied by the customer. It has nothing to do with "having a good time".

Have a nice day!

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 24, 2024 6:59PM