Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

There is a real problem on Auriel's Bow

• Mends_from_Shadows
    Once again, EP gets locked just like AD and all of the sudden AD are getting pushed past Alessia. Even numbers and it's a totally different story.
    Cyrodiil Issues as of 6/3/2014
    - Massive Lag since Craglorn patch.(Still bad lag on "Laggajack" NA and some other campaigns.)
    - Forward Camps and other Siege bugging out frequently
    - Caltrops granting Immunity to Siege Weapon Damage
    - Massive Faction Imbalances in Most Campaigns / Several Dead Campaigns
    - Mercenary Mage Spam (sometimes causing them to go invulnerable)
    - Players exploiting Keeps/Scrolls through DK Chain Pulls to go around defenses

Yay Zenimax is doing things.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, EP gets locked just like AD and all of the sudden AD are getting pushed past Alessia. Even numbers and it's a totally different story.

That's generally how most games are with zerg realms

When you get close to even population, they get trounced because they relied on numbers.

AD on this server has this happen...

I'm sure it happens with the other factions on other servers.

But yea, only way AD is able to survive during US primetime is to take everything when everyone is not on during the morning hours.

Options
  • LGAllastair
    LGAllastair
    ✭✭
    Nice evening for Vokundein guesting at Auriel's bow. We took EP scrolls back, when I logged off 10 minutes ago we were almost taking Emperor for EP (When I say we I mean the entire EP faction, not just my guild, we had good support, I am sure others will post here with their comments). Vokundein will keep going, I have to leave though, work tomorrow. Thanks for the fun AD.
    Edited by LGAllastair on May 8, 2014 3:10AM
    Vokundein
    Kristanna - Guild Leader of Vokundein, High Elder of LG
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Options
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    Nice evening for Vokundein guesting at Auriel's bow. We took EP scrolls back, when I logged off 10 minutes ago we were almost taking Emperor for EP (When I say we I mean the entire EP faction, not just my guild, we had good support, I am sure others will post here with their comments). Vokundein will keep going, I have to leave though, work tomorrow. Thanks for the fun AD.

We dethroned the emperor but DC decided they wanted to start taking EP keeps instead of getting their scrolls back. A lot of us left after we dethroned AD.
    Options
  • wnwtan
    wnwtan

That's generally how most games are with zerg realms

When you get close to even population, they get trounced because they relied on numbers.

AD on this server has this happen...

I'm sure it happens with the other factions on other servers.

But yea, only way AD is able to survive during US primetime is to take everything when everyone is not on during the morning hours.

are you stupid? it's because AD has everything that's why we get 2v1-ed. plz don't casually comment on skill levels and worry about your damn population.
    Options
  • jwwputnam_ESO
    Something that should be addressed with the alliance takeover of maps is the gate camping that takes place directly outside of the other factions gates for what appears to be no other reason of AP farming.

Implementing a 0 AP earn zone from the gates would discourage this farming. This zone would go into effect in several circumstances, but would require all scrolls to be controlled by one faction AND the scroll gates would be open.

The zone would be limited to the area inside of the scroll gates.
    Options
  • Zintair
    Zintair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had fun guesting on AB last night. Lot of intense fighting. I am sure the map is all yellow again but felt nice to have AD backed up to 2-3 keeps and 3 scrolls without an emperor.

Best of luck EP we are really pulling for you, it's an uphill fight but if you organize and coordinate they can be beaten primetime.
    Vokundein
    Zintair aka Primetime - VR14 - Guild Leader and PvP Dept Leader

www.Legend-Gaming.net
    Options
  • Mends_from_Shadows
    Just want to say to you Vokundein guys, you're always welcome in Auriel's bow. You guys are some of the only Wabbajack people who come into our campaign and are classy about it. Half of the people from Wabbajack that come to help out have some sort of messiah complex that just pisses everyone in Auriel's Bow off. Good to see it's not all of you Wabbajackers.
    - Massive Lag since Craglorn patch.(Still bad lag on "Laggajack" NA and some other campaigns.)

Options
  • ThreeEyedCrow
    ThreeEyedCrow
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to say to you Vokundein guys, you're always welcome in Auriel's bow. You guys are some of the only Wabbajack people who come into our campaign and are classy about it. Half of the people from Wabbajack that come to help out have some sort of messiah complex that just pisses everyone in Auriel's Bow off. Good to see it's not all of you Wabbajackers.

To be fair bro, it goes both ways. Its not like some AB "homers" were very friendly in zone chat either.

-Victoria Concordia Crescit "Victory Grows Through Harmony"
    Edited by ThreeEyedCrow on May 8, 2014 5:41PM
    V12 Corporal

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Options
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭

Not sure what side you are on but there are more than a few DC with the messiah complex that already brought about the down-fall of DC on Auriels Bow...those who actually call the Bow their home ;)

Game is not PvP friendly when making alts since there is only a few good Campaigns out there and will lock you out of them...and of course all the bugs we have to endure.
    Edited by AryaWythers on May 9, 2014 12:10AM
    Options
  • Silestia
    Silestia
    Soul Shriven
    I left Aurel's bow and went to another campaign, problem solved, it cost me 15k AP to do this and I managed that with a little effort when I was at lvl 30.
    Options
  • Iceman_mat
    Iceman_mat
    ✭✭✭
    Iceman_mat wrote: »
    Some people will just not be satisfied....they want everyone in the whole WORLD to play North American Time periods only, just ignore because you will never cure a poor sport mentality...

Not sure where you got the idea anyone was asking for that... I've read the entire thread and the only time anyone came close to that was saying it sarcastically.
    The whole point of this thread was to point out there's a population imbalance on the AD side on this server, which has been proven repeatedly. Screenshots clearly show that during NA off-hours AD is at High or Full on Auriel's while every faction on every other server is at Low. No one has suggested Oceanic players shouldn't be allowed to play on NA off hours. I agree, that would be absurd... except no one has said that on this thread, unless I missed a comment.
    The only solution to the problem is the same for both sides, AD and EP/DC: to leave a server where you're winning and go to a losing one. For the AD, it's to leave AB and go on another, and for the EP/DC it's to leave another and come on AB. It's ridiculous that either side of this can insult the other for not doing the very thing they're unwilling to do themselves: switch servers. It's like 2 people standing on a cliff calling each other a coward for not jumping.

First of all, if your gonna quote me it an obvious attempt to have a forum internet fight as stated at the end of my original post
    Being your flaming.
    then please quote it properly. You won't but it usually gives you more of a "ground" to stand on when internet fighting, even though it's still a stupid thing to do, #irony.

Second of all my post (as follows)
    When I played in Bow I found that from 8am - 5pm is a complete waste of time. You might take this as rage, you might take this as "he's a noob" I don't really care but when it takes me 4 hours to not only explain but try to get a group to implement a flank tactic and get told to "shut up noob" or "you don't know anything" or whatever for those four hours (yes I counted) to only have it not only implemented but succeed and take one of the scrolls back (yes I timed it and watched it happen) in 30 minutes from after 5pm (seriously) then your problem isn't player numbers it's communication and teamwork.

Which you read as "omg people in this time zone *** suck" isn't that at all it is more on the basis of "Omg people no matter what their time zong can't work together worth a ***" which are similar, I will give you that however the second one gives more of a reason if read carefully then the first statements general grouping.

Thirdly the second part of my post, which tried to avoid an essay like post (ikr), to which it has now failed solidified that with an example soon to come.
    Instead of going into an essay like post I will simply show you why you are good or bad in pvp with how you think of this statement I received from another player, in the pvp, during the 4 hours of trying to get a flank maneuver to work.

The example being which I left to the reader but obviously have to explain now because the internet
    He said, and I quote (mind you this is in a 3 way war between 3 factions on 1 map, were the variable is AD has more players then us) "BP is not important to DC".

Was that of "Since we have low forces let's use a basic tactic (flanking) to pull another enemy (BP) into fighting with another enemy (AD) so that even though we have lower numbers we can force them to fight each other (enemy of my enemy) so that together (DC + BP) will have equal forces pushing against a similar front (bp wanted a castle, dc wanted the scroll)"

I was trying to show with out blatantly pointing it out (which I failed I guess) to the reader in a kinda "wink wink nudge nudge" in the statement of "BP is not important to DC"

Lastly what i'm trying to convey is that you can nerf the *** out of every aspect in this game you think is op (vamps, ad has more numbers, w.e) but in the end if you are playing a game were people refuse to teamwork or communicate (as found between the hours of 8am - 5pm, est on personal experience) then it won't matter because a team that does the latter will beat you every time.

I'm sorry you had trouble understanding my post and hope this clears it up and you know, It's just my opinion man.

On a side note I would like you to go into AB during an AD peak hour winning jerk fest and see how many of them you can get to "switch" to another campaign when they are already winning one. I'm sure they will switch no problem.

TL;DR - Whatever

-Cheers
    Options
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long are the wait to join during peak hours, during weekdays and weekends?
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
    Options
  • Montanx
    Montanx
    The wait times when locked out are pretty small. Maybe 5 min from what iv seen with 50 people in front of me.
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Iceman_mat I think there's been a misunderstanding here. The post I was responding to:

"Some people will just not be satisfied....they want everyone in the whole WORLD to play North American Time periods only, just ignore because you will never cure a poor sport mentality...I don't consider it against ToS that anyone plays outside my North American Time Zone (EST), just have fun that's all or guest to where the numbers are in your favor 24/7!
    Very Simple guys...there shouldn't be any sort of accusations made for being in different time zones...THE END
    !"

Was that of AryaWythers, not yours. I have no idea why you were the quoted one, I wasn't adressing your "Flaming" post at all.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on May 9, 2014 5:10PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • shirorxb14_ESO

To be fair bro, it goes both ways. Its not like some AB "homers" were very friendly in zone chat either.

-Victoria Concordia Crescit "Victory Grows Through Harmony"

It's just extremely evident most EP from wabba come over because their campaign is boring.

Raiya Sunrazor - Imperial Sorcerer - Auriel's Bow
    Options
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    What's weirdest of all is off-peak AD numbers don't waver. Their horde of ppl never get tired of playing on an empty, objective-less map for hours and hours. Sick people.
    Options
  • Kriss
    Kriss
    ✭✭✭
    It's just extremely evident most EP from wabba come over because their campaign is boring.

I don't know what makes you think that, Wabba is one of the most balanced campaigns so far with really interesting fights happening. Yes there is zergfesting also but that's in almost every campaign with a decent sized population. What we in Vokundein were looking for when we guested on AB was a truly challenging uphill fight in a highly populated campaign dominated by another alliance. We went there and had a lot of fun :) but Wabba is still our home. Though expect to see us coming in force from time to time to wreck some havoc ;)
    Vokundein
    Kriss - Reeve of Vokundein, leader of Crafting
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's weirdest of all is off-peak AD numbers don't waver. Their horde of ppl never get tired of playing on an empty, objective-less map for hours and hours. Sick people.

Remember, AD on Dawnbreaker during NA prime time is still at Medium or High... they've been unopposed for about a month now. Gate camping for weeks on end... fun stuff. :\
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kriss wrote: »

I don't know what makes you think that, Wabba is one of the most balanced campaigns so far with really interesting fights happening. Yes there is zergfesting also but that's in almost every campaign with a decent sized population. What we in Vokundein were looking for when we guested on AB was a truly challenging uphill fight in a highly populated campaign dominated by another alliance. We went there and had a lot of fun :) but Wabba is still our home. Though expect to see us coming in force from time to time to wreck some havoc ;)

Wabbajack balanced? You are joking of course :)
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
    Options
  • Kriss
    Kriss
    ✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »
    Wabbajack balanced? You are joking of course :)

We may be dominating as an unfortunate result of our success has been the massive influx of EP pvpers on Wabbajack, but we still regularly begin our evenings with nothing but a few keeps and our scrolls and have to get all those keeps back on by one, often fighting on two fronts. So yes, despite the obvious population imbalance, I think in terms of interesting fights, Wabbajack is balanced, this balanceis not about keeps owning but the quality of the fights we get during our time in Cyrodiil.
    Vokundein
    Kriss - Reeve of Vokundein, leader of Crafting
    Options
  • Azmodyus
    Azmodyus
    ✭✭
    Population advantage be damned.
    We held off AD at the Temple of Ghartok for about an hour tonight. 3 bars against our 1.
    It just goes to show what a little organization and a lot of grit can accomplish.
    /drink to everyone that fought there until the end!
    Inadu-Nei
    Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    @Iceman_mat I think there's been a misunderstanding here. The post I was responding to:

"Some people will just not be satisfied....they want everyone in the whole WORLD to play North American Time periods only, just ignore because you will never cure a poor sport mentality...I don't consider it against ToS that anyone plays outside my North American Time Zone (EST), just have fun that's all or guest to where the numbers are in your favor 24/7!
    Very Simple guys...there shouldn't be any sort of accusations made for being in different time zones...THE END
    !"

Was that of AryaWythers, not yours. I have no idea why you were the quoted one, I wasn't adressing your "Flaming" post at all.

That is strange that it quoted him instead of me...there were some posts about all the Oceanic players banding together so they can own the server type posts unless they were removed, and I have seen tons of remarks like that from DC side in chat when we did have a decent night crew. DC side had tons of trolls on our side and that is why I believe we suffered on our side...if people are just sworn at and insulted if they interrupted a few entitled players who though they owned chat, they will just leave and never return. I saw tons of complaining about AD Oceanic population in game also....but the population on DC was a lot different a few weeks ago.

I hardly play on the Bow anymore because I couldn't take a select few just spouting off in chat every night going off anyone for asking simple questions or trying to come up with plans...who in their right mind would insult a new PvP'r just because they want to know how to get back to PvE. (good way to ensure they never return to that side again)
    Edited by AryaWythers on May 10, 2014 4:11PM
    Options
  • Firellight
    Firellight
    ✭✭✭
    Auriel's Bow died. DC and EP population has never been over 1 bar all day. :/
    Options
  • Mends_from_Shadows
    Yep. Auriel's Bow is officially dead. RIP. Good job AD. You guys won the war.

Options
  • shirorxb14_ESO
    Win is such a strong word. Killed is a better one.
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those AD who actually want competition left Auriel's a while ago. Those who are there are those who just want to siege empty keeps, camp at the Gates or outnumber the enemy by vast amounts.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on May 10, 2014 11:26PM
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • davidhorstub17_ESO
    davidhorstub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Those EP who actually want competition left Wabbajack a while ago. Those who are there are those who just want to siege empty keeps or outnumber the enemy by vast amounts.

fixT*
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those EP who actually want competition left Wabbajack a while ago. Those who are there are those who just want to siege empty keeps or outnumber the enemy by vast amounts.

fixT*

Yeah, Wabbajack is pointless too. I'm not even playing PvP anymore. No server has good competition for more than a few days before a faction abandons it or swarms of another join in and imbalance everything.

Auriel's Bow: AD's server.
    Bloodthorn: DC's server.
    Wabbajack: EP's server.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on May 10, 2014 11:39PM
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lord_Draevan Probbly should merge those those three servers into one huge campaign
    Options