The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

There is a real problem on Auriel's Bow

• Sylvanna
    Sylvanna

Ah, so it's not all on Oce/SEA like Marstar claimed. Alrighty then.

You do realise Singapore is part of SEA right? :neutral_face:
    Edited by Sylvanna on May 1, 2014 5:58PM
    Options
  • wnwtan
    wnwtan

Wow.... just wow.
    Options
  • Gunsang
    Gunsang
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvanna wrote: »
    Gunsang wrote: »
    Marstar wrote: »
    You're the one that said you were "done", yet you keep coming back for more. BWS anyone?
    FPS-Art1st wrote: »
    There should be a harder limit imposed on how many more individuals are allowed into a campaign compared to their opponents. Or simply prevent the number of off-continent people allowed to play on NA campaigns.

You think we do not have the problem of NA players at DC zerging through out keeps at night in the EU servers? Trust me, there are lots of them....just wish my side had some...

You're probably better off finding a new home appropriated to your hours until a balance is put into effect. I'm sure Zenimax has enough cards--lets just hope the right ones are played.

I don't know why people go cross servers--except for friends and guilds, but beyond that, it's baffling to me.
    Just guested to Bloodthorn and painted the map yellow. There was a maximum of maybe 10+ DC and EP opposition each. Auriel's Bow DC and EP were literally spawn camped. So not much options unless Wabbajack has better competition?

From what @Lord_Draevan suggested on prime hours, I'm heading there myself to try it out for a few days. He has it noted somewhere recent to these posts. Are you in AB pvp right now? I'm watching the AD scramble outside spawn for a kill and kinda nailing the point home that they're not gonna stop stacking/making it worse.

Those people camping spawn are mostly coat-tailers + pugs. None of the organized guilds (including us) would even bother doing that. It's just rude and like you mentioned, nailing the point home that the situation is not gonna improve for you guys. I empathise with that. Too bad most of them don't read these forums nor care about you guys. IMO, the ones who actually do care are those who spend time talking about it. (i.e. this thread)

Like Ritsuko mentioned earlier, we guested on Bloodthorn tonight. Case in point:

zoM0oMk.jpg

All that was literally just done by our group of about 12-16 and a few other pugs. So... ZENIMAX BBY PLS DO SOMETHING.

Oh, and @Lord_Draevan‌ , Singapore is 12 hours directly ahead of East Coast, so 10.30pm SG would be 10.30am EST. Just saying. :wink:

Stop it, you're making me teary-eyed with hope of a better future--WAIT HOW DID THESE ONIONS GET HERE!?
    Edited by Gunsang on May 1, 2014 5:58PM
    Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have. - Thomas Hildern
    Options
  • Marstar
    Marstar

You've got to be kidding me right?

12:30am and 10:30pm are 2 hours apart.
    Australia is 2 hours ahead of Singapore.
    Singapore is in South East Asia.

LOL ... i can't even think of an appropriate insult right now ...

Options
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna
    You're the one that said you were "done", yet you keep coming back for more. BWS anyone?
    There should be a harder limit imposed on how many more individuals are allowed into a campaign compared to their opponents. Or simply prevent the number of off-continent people allowed to play on NA campaigns.

You think we do not have the problem of NA players at DC zerging through out keeps at night in the EU servers? Trust me, there are lots of them....just wish my side had some...

You're probably better off finding a new home appropriated to your hours until a balance is put into effect. I'm sure Zenimax has enough cards--lets just hope the right ones are played.

I don't know why people go cross servers--except for friends and guilds, but beyond that, it's baffling to me.
    Just guested to Bloodthorn and painted the map yellow. There was a maximum of maybe 10+ DC and EP opposition each. Auriel's Bow DC and EP were literally spawn camped. So not much options unless Wabbajack has better competition?

From what @Lord_Draevan suggested on prime hours, I'm heading there myself to try it out for a few days. He has it noted somewhere recent to these posts. Are you in AB pvp right now? I'm watching the AD scramble outside spawn for a kill and kinda nailing the point home that they're not gonna stop stacking/making it worse.

Those people camping spawn are mostly coat-tailers + pugs. None of the organized guilds (including us) would even bother doing that. It's just rude and like you mentioned, nailing the point home that the situation is not gonna improve for you guys. I empathise with that. Too bad most of them don't read these forums nor care about you guys. IMO, the ones who actually do care are those who spend time talking about it. (i.e. this thread)

Like Ritsuko mentioned earlier, we guested on Bloodthorn tonight. Case in point:

zoM0oMk.jpg

All that was literally just done by our group of about 12-16 and a few other pugs. So... ZENIMAX BBY PLS DO SOMETHING.

Oh, and @Lord_Draevan‌ , Singapore is 12 hours directly ahead of East Coast, so 10.30pm SG would be 10.30am EST. Just saying. :wink:

Stop it, you're making me teary-eyed with hope of a better future--WAIT HOW DID THESE ONIONS GET HERE!?

/throws multiple Flying Daggers. HERE, I'VE CUT UP YOUR ONIONS FOR YOU!
    Options
  • Biding_My_Time
    I won't disagree that there is an imbalance, I just wonder where people come up with the numbers they are supporting their arguments with. Is there a place we can see the actual numbers, or are you simply basing your claims on what you are perceiving in the field or the three little bars in the campaign window?
    Options
  • Marstar
    Marstar
    Still, EP and DC aren't jumping onto servers were they're dominating as you'd claimed, your screenshot shows they're going onto servers where they're losing. Only difference is they're not vastly outnumbered like on Auriel's.
    Might have to leave Wabbajack soon, though... EP coat-tail hangers are starting to pop-up while DC is slowly giving up on it. :'(

Winning and Losing is relative to what/who you're facing ... not what is there from before you got on.

DC and EP may control the maps respectively when NA logs off ... but they aren't versing those NA's now are they?

They are facing doors of the opposite colour.

*Edited: Flaming isn't allowed*

Edited by ZOS_LenaicR on May 1, 2014 6:37PM
    Options
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really guys, the only thing you can do if the AD is camping your spawn is to guest to another campain until some sort of balance patch is put out. The organized guilds obviously arnt camping, but its still happening regardless. Wait until all populations get back up and try again.
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Winning and Losing is relative to what/who you're facing ... not what is there from before you got on.

DC and EP may control the maps respectively when NA logs off ... but they aren't versing those NA's now are they?

They are facing doors of the opposite colour.

We're facing an even number of DC players on Wabbajack during prime time and when we log off, so I have no idea what you're getting at.

You really to up your comprehension skills.

And you really NEED to read your comments to make sure you don't forget words... ;)
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on May 1, 2014 6:12PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've got to be kidding me right?

12:30am and 10:30pm are 2 hours apart.
    Australia is 2 hours ahead of Singapore.
    Singapore is in South East Asia.

LOL ... i can't even think of an appropriate insult right now ...

I was trying to determine the exact time for comparison with mine. So yes, I needed to know the exact time zone. I thought when you said "Oce/SEA" that it was a time zone in Oceania and not an overarching term for all of them.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on May 1, 2014 6:16PM
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comment removed by user.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on May 1, 2014 6:16PM
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Gunsang
    Gunsang
    ✭✭✭
    I won't disagree that there is an imbalance, I just wonder where people come up with the numbers they are supporting their arguments with. Is there a place we can see the actual numbers, or are you simply basing your claims on what you are perceiving in the field or the three little bars in the campaign window?

The screenshots are sometimes irrelevant--and only provide a small basis of truth at the exact time and place it's taken. Those being able to speak without much bias would be the ones actually studying the fights and passing armies whilst offering reasonable solutions.

Past the nitpicking, and of course the irrelevant attempts of the individuals trying to flame instead of making any sense, just ask yourself "What is the summary of all this combined?", and you'll get an estimate of truth. At least one can hope so.

zoM0oMk.jpg

/throws multiple Flying Daggers. HERE, I'VE CUT UP YOUR ONIONS FOR YOU!

CUT ONIONS!! MY ONLY WEA--AAHHH! Sharp objects! My only other weakness!
    Edited by Gunsang on May 1, 2014 6:20PM
    Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have. - Thomas Hildern
    Options
  • ThreeEyedCrow
    ThreeEyedCrow
    ✭✭✭
    gonne post this again here

There were several unbalancing factors for EP on Auriels Bow.

First is the fact that apparently Oceanic timezone mega guilds chose that server (Synapse). They have enormous numbers of players on while DC and EP sleeps since most DC and EP in AurielsBow are North America. Every morning when I wake up AD has completely taken over the map.

The other issue for EP was that we had more main story/progression bugs in our faction quests than the other factions had. So while MANY of us were stuck at v1 in EP , DC and AD were leveling.

Then there was the Darkshade Cavern bug/exploit/grind. That was only accessible to EP at v6 and many of our fastest levelers were gimped by the progression bugs. It was accessible and probably used to power level by DC and AD to power level extremely quickly v1-v3 or v4-v6 depending on faction.

Add all those together and as a faction, EP has far less V10s in PvP and when AD has peak hours, EP and DC have the lowest pops of the day.
    V4 Veteran
    V12 Corporal

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Options
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna

First is the fact that apparently Oceanic timezone mega guilds chose that server (Synapse). They have enormous numbers of players on while DC and EP sleeps since most DC and EP in AurielsBow are North America. Every morning when I wake up AD has completely taken over the map.

The other issue for EP was that we had more main story/progression bugs in our faction quests than the other factions had. So while MANY of us were stuck at v1 in EP , DC and AD were leveling.

Then there was the Darkshade Cavern bug/exploit/grind. That was only accessible to EP at v6 and many of our fastest levelers were gimped by the progression bugs. It was accessible and probably used to power level by DC and AD to power level extremely quickly v1-v3 or v4-v6 depending on faction.

Add all those together and as a faction, EP has far less V10s in PvP and when AD has peak hours, EP and DC have the lowest pops of the day.
    V4 Veteran

Allow me to refute every single one of those posts:

1) I didn't know 24 people pvping daily makes us a mega-guild... Thanks for the flattery.

2) AD had gamebreaking bugs everywhere too. Hollow City groundskeeper/VR4 zone Pinepeak Caverns, just to name a few. Other factions had exploits that let them level faster than us at headstart. What up.

3) Darkshade Cavern is a VR6-10 dungeon for AD too. What up.

4) How do you know how many V10s there are in PvP? Hacked Zenimax servers to get stats? Or baseless numbers out of thin air?

GDI some people have no clue and want to act smart... We don't need people like you in this thread who have nothing to contribute to the discussion.

Edit: But then again, this discussion is going nowhere anyway... LOL
    Edited by Sylvanna on May 1, 2014 6:37PM
    Options
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you guys think about letting the player earn AP (in leaderboard at home campaign) for the first hour after guesting to a different campaign? That would motivate an organized guild to find the hardest or largest campaign that isn't under their own control. While also rewarding them for doing so

This could result in more EP/DC from other servers to actually try AB out if they havnt yet, and possibly get some AD to leave during prime time since they dont get anything anyway after they take control of the map
    Edited by FireCowCommando on May 1, 2014 6:49PM
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GDI some people have no clue and want to act smart...

Yeah, screw GDI!

Brotherhood_of_NOD_by_communistmonkey.jpg

Brotherhood of Nod is way better.

But seriously, what does GDI mean? I'm assuming you don't mean not one of the factions in the Command and Conquer series.
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna

GDI some people have no clue and want to act smart...

Yeah, screw GDI!

Brotherhood_of_NOD_by_communistmonkey.jpg

Brotherhood of Nod is way better.

But seriously, what does GDI mean? I'm assuming you don't mean not one of the factions in the Command and Conquer series.
    God Damn It
    Options
  • Gunsang
    Gunsang
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care if this is de-railed. I'm laughing so hard right now!
    Options
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna
    Had a good LOL when I saw the whole NOD picture too. Good times in C&C hahaha.
    Options
  • jimdove
    jimdove
    ✭✭
    Adonikam wrote: »
    DAOC late night relic raids anyone? Ha.

This game has nothing anywhere near as epic as a relic raid :)

Options
  • jimdove
    jimdove
    ✭✭
    also maybe they need to add more than 1 pvp zone, to spread out the numbers/ let out manned realms get something done. As many bugs as warhammer had its RVR basics were great.
    Options
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    I have been on many servers and I have to say DC side of Auriels Bow has a huge Troll problem where people can't even ask where to exit without being insulted and degraded with profanity ridden chat messages coming from so many people. Let alone try to tell people strategic advice...Like don't use defensive Trebs and you will not only get screamed at but then they will set up tons of them and lose Keeps, happens many times throughout the Bow everyday

No amount of server balancing will sort this problem out...just like in every other RvRvR, people will just leave just like what is going on now. I have been on five different campaigns and surprised how bad it is on the Bow...keep up the Trolling and stop QQ'ing when you guys ruin the campaign.

I like being outnumbered so don't mind being spawn camped because the Little children like to drive people from the server...good luck defending keeps though with five or more defensive Trebs ;)
    Edited by AryaWythers on May 1, 2014 7:53PM
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let alone try to tell people strategic advice...Like don't use defensive Trebs and you will not only get screamed at but then they will set up tons of them and lose Keeps, happens many times throughout the Bow everyday

Oh God... when people set up fire ballistae to siege keeps and set up trebs to defend... :|
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • ThreeEyedCrow
    ThreeEyedCrow
    ✭✭✭

V4 Veteran

1) I didn't know 24 people pvping daily makes us a mega-guild... Thanks for the flattery.

2) AD had gamebreaking bugs everywhere too. Hollow City groundskeeper/VR4 zone Pinepeak Caverns, just to name a few. Other factions had exploits that let them level faster than us at headstart. What up.

4) How do you know how many V10s there are in PvP? Hacked Zenimax servers to get stats? Or baseless numbers out of thin air?

GDI some people have no clue and want to act smart... We don't need people like you in this thread who have nothing to contribute to the discussion.

1. You quite clearly in AD have hundreds if not thousands more players online between 12AM and 12PM Pacific time. That is obvious every morning when we wake up and AD dominates the map.

Maybe you are right and its not all due to the fact that AD seems to have large Oceanic guilds but it sure makes more sense than AD having NA players up all night playing.

2. HUGE difference between a game breaking bug at VR4 and half our faction not even able to get into VR zones for a week/week and a half.

3 is a fair point, didn't realize that

4 is based on perception. Obviously its not a statistic but considering how many of our players were stuck at V1 and how much we saw AD have v5+ long before we did its a pretty clear assumption.

of course its also possible that we have more PVE and AD has more PVP but based on how the first two weeks went, its pretty clear to everyone in EP that AD has more PVP playing v10s ESPECIALLY during the hours that most of EP and DC sleeps.

If you are in PVP everyday on AB you obviously know this. You obviously know you have huge numbers online during NA night hours when most of EP and DC is sleeping.

Edited by ThreeEyedCrow on May 1, 2014 8:31PM
    V12 Corporal

Options
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna

V4 Veteran

1. You quite clearly in AD have hundreds if not thousands more players online between 12AM and 12PM Pacific time. That is obvious every morning when we wake up and AD dominates the map.

Maybe you are right and its not all due to the fact that AD seems to have large Oceanic guilds but it sure makes more sense than AD having NA players up all night playing.

2. HUGE difference between a game breaking bug at VR4 and half our faction not even able to get into VR zones for a week/week and a half.

3 is a fair point, didn't realize that

4 is based on perception. Obviously its not a statistic but considering how many of our players were stuck at V1 and how much we saw AD have v5+ long before we did its a pretty clear assumption.

of course its also possible that we have more PVE and AD has more PVP but based on how the first two weeks went, its pretty clear to everyone in EP that AD has more PVP playing v10s ESPECIALLY during the hours that most of EP and DC sleeps.

If you are in PVP everyday on AB you obviously know this. You obviously know you have huge numbers online during NA night hours when most of EP and DC is sleeping.

1. Of course there are mega-guilds in the Oceanic timezone. Where else would this huge, ridiculous number of AD come from? I'm only nitpicking at this point because you pointed us (Synapse) out without doing your homework. Heck, since you're probably from NA, you've probably never even seen us in action. My point being: Yes, many know us as one of the founding members of TA HoD from GW2. But don't be quick to jump to the conclusion that "oh they were from a mega alliance they definitely have over 9000 people".

2. Don't ignore the gamebreaking Hollow City groundskeeper bug that I just mentioned. We have the same amount (if not more, judging by the ridiculous amount of people on AD) of people stuck in Coldharbor, unable to progress to Veteran content. Don't assume that your faction was the only one to have encountered gamebreaking bugs. Also, Molag Bal.

4. See Point 2.

WRT your point on "how the first two weeks went", were you not there? AB was full 24/7 up until the middle of the second week. AD was getting rekt 2v1 by EP/DC during the Oceanic timezone. Roughly around the time we capped Maki emperor for the first time (that was one of the craziest things we've ever pulled off whilst 2v1 btw. Just saying.), EP/DC mysteriously slowly disappeared over the next few days, and it has never been the same since. Not pointing any fingers here because no one really knows what actually caused the decline in EP/DC population on this once 24/7 heavily populated campaign throughout the first 1.5 weeks. This point has been discussed a million times and if you had bothered to read the first 11 pages of this thread, we wouldn't be having this discussion where I've had to enlighten you on things you could've read yourself.

Right now, the discussion isn't about how ridiculously huge the Oceanic AD pop is anymore, because this campaign is still the only viable campaign where EP/DC put up any form of resistance, no matter how minimal. We've tried guesting to Bloodthorn, Wabbajack and painted the maps there Yellow and stole almost all the scrolls within one night. We'd love to change our home campaign to a more competitive one but it just isn't available! All that's left now is to wait for Zenimax to implement a solution to this horrendous situation.

Therefore, zenimax bby pls. (been saying this for awhile now, Jessica)
    Edited by Sylvanna on May 1, 2014 8:38PM
    Options
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    There are plenty of servers where DC owns everything...I left four of them because it was no fun chasing five players around those huge maps.
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still think the main issue comes down to most players from certain time zones rolled AD.
    Options
  • ThreeEyedCrow
    ThreeEyedCrow
    ✭✭✭
    =
    1. Of course there are mega-guilds in the Oceanic timezone. Where else would this huge, ridiculous number of AD come from? I'm only nitpicking at this point because you pointed us (Synapse) out without doing your homework. Heck, since you're probably from NA, you've probably never even seen us in action. My point being: Yes, many know us as one of the founding members of TA HoD from GW2. But don't be quick to jump to the conclusion that "oh they were from a mega alliance they definitely have over 9000 people".

I should have put an etc after Synapse as they were not the only guild. We have also heard about Ruin and a few other Oceanic guilds. Most of the oceanic timezone seems to have rolled AD is my point but you are right I personally have no idea which specific guilds make up what percent. We just know that during Oceanic prime hours, you have huge numbers and we and DC do not.

And actually yes, I and my guild have fought synapse alot. Personally I fight Ricoz Synapse more than anyone else from your guild due to time zone perhaps but I see him all the time.

I understand you focused in because I mentioned your guild but the point was that clearly most of your timezone players rolled AD and not DC or EP.

3. Don't ignore the gamebreaking Hollow City groundskeeper bug that I just mentioned. We have the same amount (if not more) of people stuck in Coldharbor, unable to progress to Veteran content. Don't assume that your faction was the only one to have encountered gamebreaking bugs. Also, Molag Bal.

I didn't assume this so much as I was guessing based on:
    1. Forum posts like Walk Across the Clouds bug that I experienced where we got an environmental debuff that killed our characters by just logging in that took a week to fix.
    2. How many in my main guild were stuck at v1 for a long time.
    3. How many higher level VRs I saw personally from your AD faction while most of the people in EP were all VR1 or under.

You are correct that might not be down solely to bugs but other factors like maybe the people EP had that weren't affected by bugs were more PVE while you had a lot of your PVPers not affected. The result was that for a while AD most definitely seemed to have a lot more higher level VR than either us or DC. Maybe that wasn't down to bugs alone but I know that a lot of our hardcore PVPers were affected and had progress delayed.

There has been talk in EP that your AD quests were designed first by the developers then DC then EP. I do not -know- if there is any truth to this but in EP the general perception, after people leveled alts in other factions and done VR quests now in other factions, is that your quests in AD were smoother than ours in EP with relatively less bugs.

WRT your point on "how the first two weeks went", were you not there? AB was full 24/7 up until the middle of the second week. AD was getting rekt 2v1 by EP/DC during the Oceanic timezone. Roughly around the time we capped Maki emperor for the first time (that was one of the craziest things we've ever pulled off whilst 2v1 btw. Just saying.), EP/DC mysteriously slowly disappeared over the next few days, and it has never been the same since. Not pointing any fingers here because no one really knows what actually caused the decline in EP/DC population on this once 24/7 heavily populated campaign throughout the first 1.5 weeks.

I can tell you from EP that it was because most of our hardcore PvPers had progress delayed. Pretty sure we had the first AB Emperor Merdon the Vengeful at level 47 I believe. After many of us had progress delayed Merdon disappeared. Almost quit myself when gf and I had our progress delayed due to Walk Across Clouds bug.

Around the time you capped MAKI, you had a number of high level VR players while most of us were still around VR1. Alot of us then disappeared from Cyrodiil to level and try to catch up.

Edited by ThreeEyedCrow on May 1, 2014 8:55PM
    V12 Corporal

Options
  • Sylvanna
    Sylvanna
    =

I should have put an etc after Synapse as they were not the only guild. We have also heard about Ruin and a few other Oceanic guilds. Most of the oceanic timezone seems to have rolled AD is my point but you are right I personally have no idea which specific guilds make up what percent. We just know that during Oceanic prime hours, you have huge numbers and we and DC do not.

And actually yes, I and my guild have fought synapse alot. Personally I fight Ricoz Synapse more than anyone else from your guild due to time zone perhaps but I see him all the time.

I understand you focused in because I mentioned your guild but the point was that clearly most of your timezone players rolled AD and not DC or EP.

3. Don't ignore the gamebreaking Hollow City groundskeeper bug that I just mentioned. We have the same amount (if not more) of people stuck in Coldharbor, unable to progress to Veteran content. Don't assume that your faction was the only one to have encountered gamebreaking bugs. Also, Molag Bal.

I didn't assume this so much as I was guessing based on:
    1. Forum posts like Walk Across the Clouds bug that I experienced where we got an environmental debuff that killed our characters by just logging in that took a week to fix.
    2. How many in my main guild were stuck at v1 for a long time.
    3. How many higher level VRs I saw personally from your AD faction while most of the people in EP were all VR1 or under.

You are correct that might not be down solely to bugs but other factors like maybe the people EP had that weren't affected by bugs were more PVE while you had a lot of your PVPers not affected. The result was that for a while AD most definitely seemed to have a lot more higher level VR than either us or DC. Maybe that wasn't down to bugs alone but I know that a lot of our hardcore PVPers were affected and had progress delayed.

There has been talk in EP that your AD quests were designed first by the developers then DC then EP. I do not -know- if there is any truth to this but in EP the general perception, after people leveled alts in other factions and done VR quests now in other factions, is that your quests in AD were smoother than ours in EP with relatively less bugs.

WRT your point on "how the first two weeks went", were you not there? AB was full 24/7 up until the middle of the second week. AD was getting rekt 2v1 by EP/DC during the Oceanic timezone. Roughly around the time we capped Maki emperor for the first time (that was one of the craziest things we've ever pulled off whilst 2v1 btw. Just saying.), EP/DC mysteriously slowly disappeared over the next few days, and it has never been the same since. Not pointing any fingers here because no one really knows what actually caused the decline in EP/DC population on this once 24/7 heavily populated campaign throughout the first 1.5 weeks.

I can tell you from EP that it was because most of our hardcore PvPers had progress delayed. Pretty sure we had the first AB Emperor Merdon the Vengeful at level 47 I believe. After many of us had progress delayed Merdon disappeared. Almost quit myself when gf and I had our progress delayed due to Walk Across Clouds bug.

Around the time you capped MAKI, you had a number of high level VR players while most of us were still around VR1. Alot of us then disappeared from Cyrodiil to level and try to catch up.

Upped your post for Awesome because it's one of the few, rare times that someone from EP actually spoke up about what was going on with their faction. We've heard many sides of the story from AD/DC, but this is probably the first time someone took the effort to share their side of the story from EP. Stuff like this allows us to get a better picture of what went wrong in AB and hopefully, some mods/devs (even those from other games, we know you're out there!) can take into account all these problems that TESO has had since launch.

Couple of points I'd like to interject:

Ricoz dies alot. We laugh at him alot. Thanks for letting us laugh at him! :smiley:

My personal experience in PvE was that I was unaffected by every major gamebreaking bug, because our core members made it a point to rush levels as soon as possible. We were ahead of the curve by a significant amount (not because of exploits, but purely because of hours put in) and managed to dodge the gamebreaking bugs (especially the Coldharbor one... /shudder) that were not picked up in the PTS. I also somehow managed to dodge the VR4 zone Pinepeak Caverns bug where the NPC did not spawn, even though someone ahead of me had gotten it. Ultimate RNJesus luck.

Coming to this point, I'd like to note that during PTS, the dominant faction (whenever pvp actually happened) was AD as well. I smell conspiracy theories!

Also, I'd like to point out something that someone mentioned way earlier in one of the first few pages: The 24/7 pop on AB during the first week or so might have been inflated by late night/early morning NA pop who took leave (as many hardcore gamers do) to PvP. That might explain why this pop suddenly disappeared after a week or so, when they had to revert to their proper work schedules. Coupled with the major progress-halting bugs that everyone was getting, many people quit/got delayed significantly, and hence had to retreat to PvE to level up over the next couple of weeks, this brings us to the situation we are in now. Of course, that is just my personal opinion on what happened.

The first billing cycle is about to come into effect, and after the first round of resubs, we will know who is here for the long haul.
    Edited by Sylvanna on May 1, 2014 9:25PM
    Options
  • ThreeEyedCrow
    ThreeEyedCrow
    ✭✭✭
    Upped your post for Awesome because it's one of the few, rare times that someone from EP actually spoke up about what was going on with their faction. We've heard many sides of the story from AD/DC, but this is probably the first time someone took the effort to share their side of the story from EP. Stuff like this allows us to get a better picture of what went wrong in AB and hopefully, some mods/devs (even those from other games, we know you're out there!) can take into account all these problems that TESO has had since launch.

Couple of points I'd like to interject:

Ricoz dies alot. We laugh at him alot. Thanks for letting us laugh at him! :smiley:

My personal experience in PvE was that I was unaffected by every major gamebreaking bug, because our core members made it a point to rush levels as soon as possible. We were ahead of the curve by a significant amount (not because of exploits, but purely because of hours put in) and managed to dodge the gamebreaking bugs (especially the Coldharbor one... /shudder) that were not picked up in the PTS. I also somehow managed to dodge the VR4 zone Pinepeak Caverns bug where the NPC did not spawn, even though someone ahead of me had gotten it. Ultimate RNJesus luck.

Coming to this point, I'd like to note that during PTS, the dominant faction (whenever pvp actually happened) was AD as well. I smell conspiracy theories!

Also, I'd like to point out something that someone mentioned way earlier in one of the first few pages: The 24/7 pop on AB during the first week or so might have been inflated by late night/early morning NA pop who took leave (as many hardcore gamers do) to PvP. That might explain why this pop suddenly disappeared after a week or so, when they had to revert to their proper work schedules. Coupled with the major progress-halting bugs that everyone was getting, many people quit/got delayed significantly, and hence had to retreat to PvE to level up over the next couple of weeks, this brings us to the situation we are in now. Of course, that is just my personal opinion on what happened.

The first billing cycle is about to come into effect, and after the first round of resubs, we will know who is here for the long haul.

I appreciate this insight. The Walk Across the Cloud quest bug was really bad. I could link the thread but I am really curious if DC or AD had a quest like that in Bang or Reapers. That first week of rollbacks really caused problems with some of our quests and I am not sure if AD or DC had similar issues with your quests.

I can't speak for other factions but I know from Guild chats and myself and friends that our Main Story was bugged at several different points. Groundskeeper and Molag Ball were two but there were a few others earlier on where people would just get stuck at points in the Main Quest and nothing could reset it. The Zone chat rumours are that we EP, got the worst of the quest bugs, but I honestly can't say about that. All I can say is that I personally had more bugs that delayed my progress sadly than it seems you did personally. Also since I am pretty much a "PVE to be able to PVP" type of player and not a hardcore quester on my own, it probably hurt me more than someone who loves to PVE and also PVP. The bugs also seemed to hit our players that wanted to PVP more than some I saw that wanted to just PVE.

This is reflected in the Vet Ranks of the top PvPers in each faction. If you look at your AD top ten I think its almost entirely V10s except Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (VR5 I think). Our Ep Top Ten is almost entirely V3-V6. Crimsable is the only V10 I know in our top.

The other observation I have for EP, is that it is *very* obvious to me that both you in AD and DC (at some time slots) have generally more organized groups for PVP in AB than we have in EP. I tend to do all different things in Cyrodiil from raid with Guilds, to duo gank pvp to quest solo late at night when you have huge numbers on. From what I read in our EP zone chat and the groups I come fight from AD or DC at certain hours, your two factions simply have more organized groups. In AB (from what I have seen) we have around 4 VR guilds at most that run organized groups. Sometimes those are small groups. Most of our groups are PUG Zergs. You and DC seem to have more organized groups of 5-20 VRs that roll together. We seem for weeks (and I say seem because its only my perception) to have a lot of lower levels that try PVP once, join a Zerg, die and then complain a lot in Zone chats about nerfs and OP builds and more recently AD dominance and that ends up getting others who have barely even entered Cyrodiiil to just decide not to join because its a lost cause. Snowball effect.

Maybe this is because some EP guilds left AB early or maybe just the way people already in groups picking factions worked, we had less organized groups here in EP.
    Edited by ThreeEyedCrow on May 1, 2014 10:28PM
    V12 Corporal

Options