Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

PTS on EU or NA? Cycle schedule?

MoonPile
MoonPile
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there a way to easily see which server PTS is currently on, without logging into it? A schedule of the cycles?

Edited by MoonPile on February 19, 2024 9:31PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PTS has always done the first two weeks NA, and then EU from week 3 all the way until week 1 of the next cycle.

They also usually announce the switch in the patch notes, which would be X.X.0 for week 1 (NA) and X.X.2 for week 3 (EU)
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS has always done the first two weeks NA, and then EU from week 3 all the way until week 1 of the next cycle.

They also usually announce the switch in the patch notes, which would be X.X.0 for week 1 (NA) and X.X.2 for week 3 (EU)

Oh awesome, thank you!
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have an idea of when the next patch cycle/ switch to NA might be?

Wish they would tell us.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MoonPile wrote: »

Wish they would tell us.

chapter updates usually go to PTS in mid April.
    so Gold Road and update 42 will likely go to PTS on April 15.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

Wish they would tell us.

chapter updates usually go to PTS in mid April.
    so Gold Road and update 42 will likely go to PTS on April 15.

Oh WOW :/ that's a while away
    Sucks as an NA houser. Thanks for lmk
    Options
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really, reallly does. Some of my NA friends don't bother doing their build testing either, because they consider it too much work to completely re-create their characters from the ground up.

I don't think this is a good system, having the NA copy for only 8 weeks out of every 52. It hasn't ALWAYS been this way, but it has for enough years now that it's not likely to change. (Also, EU people never get their characters on at the beginning of a test cycle, so is it fair for them either?)

Maybe try alternating years - next year, give the first two weeks of each cycle to EU, and the rest of the time to NA. That would be great.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really, reallly does. Some of my NA friends don't bother doing their build testing either, because they consider it too much work to completely re-create their characters from the ground up.

I don't think this is a good system, having the NA copy for only 8 weeks out of every 52. It hasn't ALWAYS been this way, but it has for enough years now that it's not likely to change. (Also, EU people never get their characters on at the beginning of a test cycle, so is it fair for them either?)

Maybe try alternating years - next year, give the first two weeks of each cycle to EU, and the rest of the time to NA. That would be great.

Now that I think about it, I always thought the PC EU housing community had a ton of great builders, seemingly more than NA. (Looking at contest rosters that are open to both, more of the entries and winners are usually EU.) I assumed it might be related to our different work cultures, like maybe EU people just have more time for their hobby. But if they get to test their own houses with all their own items (incl multiples of achivement & luxury items you can't get on a tester toon) for so much more of the time, that's another point. (Of course this is all subjective, just thoughts.)
    Edited by MoonPile on March 25, 2024 4:54PM
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just confirming, PTS will be back to EU server tomorrow?

( assuming yes :( we had so little time, with the lockouts and event too. bummer.)
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

( assuming yes :( we had so little time, with the lockouts and event too. bummer.)

Correct, we are doing the PC EU character copy in today's patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Jojo93
    Jojo93

Is it safe to use PTS again, or will accounts be blocked again?
    It's a serious question because I don't want to be banned again.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Jojo93 wrote: »

Is it safe to use PTS again, or will accounts be blocked again?
    It's a serious question because I don't want to be banned again.

It's safe in that the issue encountered last week is resolved. We never plan on there being issues like this, but there have been lots of players on the PTS since accounts have been unblocked.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning to log into PTS like normal.....

.... possibly with an alt account first just to make sure
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning to log into the PTS, but maybe on Tuesday after our brave human minesweepers have had a chance to log in first ;)
    PC EU
    Options
  • Anachronian
    Anachronian
    ✭✭
    Will the alt account be able to continue testing Gold Road within the PTS, given that it was given the Necrom Deluxe Collection, that does not include Gold Road, this week, or is it next week when the PTS shifts to requiring the chapter to test the chapter itself?
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Will the alt account be able to continue testing Gold Road within the PTS, given that it was given the Necrom Deluxe Collection, that does not include Gold Road, this week, or is it next week when the PTS shifts to requiring the chapter to test the chapter itself?

We won't be restricting Gold Road access to actual pre-purchases until the last week of PTS testing (the week of May 13) so you'll be good to go today.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning to log into the PTS, but maybe on Tuesday after our brave human minesweepers have had a chance to log in first ;)

Glad to be of service sir
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We won't be restricting Gold Road access to actual pre-purchases until the last week of PTS testing (the week of May 13) so you'll be good to go today.

In previous years, even when access to the chapter was restricted in the last weeks of PTS, creating a template will re-grant that access.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Jojo93
    Jojo93
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Is there any time how long the PTS maintenance takes?
    When will the patch details be available?
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad we won't have longer for NA but thank you so much for replying!
    Options
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought PCNA was loaded for four weeks then PCEU copy stayed on until the next minor update revision got posted.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    I thought PCNA was loaded for four weeks then PCEU copy stayed on until the next minor update revision got posted.

It's always been NA 2 weeks, EU remainder.

Back in the days when PTS was a 5-week cycle, this was pretty balanced, but now we have 6- and 7-week cycles.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    MinuitPro wrote: »

It's always been NA 2 weeks, EU remainder.

Back in the days when PTS was a 5-week cycle, this was pretty balanced, but now we have 6- and 7-week cycles.

pts cycles are still 5 weeks. there are only 5 pts patches before the launch on live servers
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another problem I didn't even realize before:

I was going to check something in Willowpond, but realized I don't have access to it *at all* on PTS, since it's EU server's copy. The house is not in the crown store nor the tester bag.

Again I know this isn't the main point of PTS anyway so it probably won't be addressed at all, but it does suck for NA housers. Lacking furnishings is one thing and can be frustrating, but missing the whole house is even worse!
    Options
  • Perniciouss
    Perniciouss
    ✭✭✭
    What really sucks for N/A this time around is losing pretty much the 1st week of testing our characters on PTS due to the exploit before they flipped it to EU. I feel like the majority of us are being punished because of the few players that took advantage of the exploit. They should have extended N/A characters on the PTS by one week before they switched over to loading EU characters. I hope that those that took advantage of the exploit and ruined it for the rest of us were PERMA-BANNED!!!
    Guild: GL - Tamriel Fisherman's Guild - The oldest fishing guild in Tamriel. "There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot."
    Options