The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Mercymother’s Attire - Read Before You Buy This Costume!

loveeso
loveeso
✭✭✭✭
If you’re considering purchasing the Mercymother’s Attire, there are a few things you should know. The actual costume you receive may not FULLY match the expactations you may have based on the preview shown in the Crown Store. Unfortunately, it appears that the implementation of this costume is subpar. Instead of flowing gracefully, in a natural way (like Timbercrow Wanderer), the fabric behaves more like a skirt with transparent sides (I suspect this is how they developed it instead of doing it properly, like it was done in the case of TW). When you wear it, it seems as though it’s glued to your legs, and the front stretches oddly, almost like rubber. Take a look at the pictures below to see what I mean.

This is what the preview shows - looks good:

ghl042e2u33n.jpg

Unfortunately, the illusion shatters when your character moves or even just changes her stance:

aor8fqtszejy.jpg

It stretches even more and looks even more ridiculous when mounted:

ksfkc213yzsb.jpg

tpz60rx8lcq0.jpg

Timbercrow Wanderer (below) is how MMA should look like while on horseback:
cpo5d8031ovo.jpg

It looks equally stupid when you jump.

I wouldn't buy the Mercymother's Attire costume unless ZOS fixes it. As it is now, it's just unnatural and breaks immersion.
MMOs: ESO (PS & PC), GW2 (😍) & Souls/Elden (😍)
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it but did not notice that until you pointed it out. Haha, wow, that's actually pretty bad.
    Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like how it has arrows that show you the direction it STREEETCHES
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP; however, the diaperbutt effect on Timbercrow Wanderer is a much bigger problem - especially given the cost (in blood or treasure) to get it.

I find it incredible that the otherwise fantastic TWC has not had its massive defect fixed.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • loveeso
    loveeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »
    I got it but did not notice that until you pointed it out. Haha, wow, that's actually pretty bad.

I almost bought it too! Fortunately for me, my friend sent me those pictures and saved me the disappointment 🙂
    Options
  • loveeso
    loveeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP; however, the diaperbutt effect on Timbercrow Wanderer is a much bigger problem - especially given the cost (in blood or treasure) to get it.

I find it incredible that the otherwise fantastic TWC has not had its massive defect fixed.

Agreed! They should have fixed TWC long time ago!
    Options
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭

I've always wondered if it's possible to extract the texture file and fix it manually.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
    Options
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a much nicer costume than Timbercrow Wanderer and I think your character looks great in it.

But it's always appreciated when folk take the time to put up their costumes on the forums, so we can all see how it looks in the "real" world.

Be nice to have a completely separate section of the message forums just for ESO fashion! Instead of fashion related posts being all lumped in together in a single, albeit pinned, thread.
    Edited by Shara_Wynn on April 23, 2024 2:36PM
    Options
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the same skirt issue nocturnal's frock has. The drape is stapled to their knees.
    Options
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Mercymother's Attire, I've had the costume since release and I've just sort of accepted it because it's just nicer than Timbercrow Wanderer's monkey ass :smiley::smiley: I don't understand why Timbercrow Wanderer's has to have that piece of cloth and Almalexia doesn't.
    Remathilis wrote: »
    Its the same skirt issue nocturnal's frock has. The drape is stapled to their knees.
    At least nocturnal's frock has intelligently made panties. Not like the other skirted costumes, where there's either distorted texture or a black hole lol.
    But I take nocturnal's frock's issue that's just a very old costume.
    Edited by davidtk on April 23, 2024 3:24PM
    Really sorry for my english
    Options
  • loveeso
    loveeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shara_Wynn wrote: »
    I think it's a much nicer costume than Timbercrow Wanderer

Both these costumes are fatally flawed but, all things considered, TWC seems to be much better made than MMAC. TWC shows they tried to make an effort and create a realistic model. With MMAC someone had just slapped a transparent texture on a regular skirt/robe model so it only looks good when you stand or when you preview the costume in the store, before buying it, but its flaw becomes painfully visible as soon as you buy it and try to move.
    With TWC it's theoretically possible to match the skin colour to the ridiculous diaper, with MMAC you cannot do anything to fix it (well, other than not moving 😉).
    Shara_Wynn wrote: »
    and I think your character looks great in it.

It's not mine, I got the pictures from a friend and decided not to buy the costume unless it's fixed, but thanks, I'll pass it on 🙂

Options
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flaps should have been like that of the timbercrow costume.

Even Almalexia have a narrow flaps on her.

Enlarging the flaps actually ruins the feel of the costume, making it less Almalexia look alike costume.
    Options
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got it on the main account and despite it's flaws it's one of my favorite costumes. I don't even mind the stretching. What bugs me more is the shoulderpad on one shoulder. Wish we had a hide shoulder option for costumes
    Options
  • loveeso
    loveeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »
    I got it on the main account and despite it's flaws it's one of my favorite costumes. I don't even mind the stretching.

Still, I bet you would like it even better if ZOS fixed it 🙂. And when it's fixed then I could buy it too 🙂
    What bugs me more is the shoulderpad on one shoulder. Wish we had a hide shoulder option for costumes

Indeed, that's yet another flaw! They should just copy the "hide the shoulder" option from outfit styles to collections / appearance (like for hats).
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loveeso wrote: »

Agreed! They should have fixed TWC long time ago!

Or at least release a Timbercrow Explorer costume that is similar, but has a physics friendly (and dyeable) posterior section that doesn't draw the eye due to it's incongruency like the current version does, and that removes the sports bra for male characters.

And re: the Mercymother's Attire: I can't see myself equipping a costume that looks like you were too sleepy, too intoxicated, or otherwise incapacitated to the point where you forgot to equip your other shoulder pad. And I'll leave it at that, so I don't get myself in more trouble. :)
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • ZoeliTintanie
    ZoeliTintanie
    ✭✭✭
    I was gonna go buy that one :neutral: now i'm gonna go cry a little.
    Options
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After I previewed Timbercrow Wanderer on PTS, I didn't buy it on live server :'( It was a promising costume, but massive top plus diaper really ruin it for my taste.

How I wanted it to look (all these pictures can be found in old PTS thread about that costume):
    4t1GkD9.jpg

I was too lazy to edit the top:

zrYI5ht.jpg

I calmly skipped Mercymother's Attire last year, and I wasn't going to buy it this time too... Until I accidentally previewed it on my character... I was pleasantly surprised how it combines with skins and body art <3

Low textures warning:

GQUICZM.png

hCppWhB.png

I would prefer much shorter skirt as bottom part, or even panties ( not underwear, but leather ones like Conan wears, I'm not sure what is right term for this clothing item).

Aside from it, the biggest downside for me is not how this skirt stretches, but how the costume is dyed - it really needs 4th dye channel for gold metal parts. Or channels for bra and leather straps/belt need to be combined. On most of my characters gold part is not a problem, but sometimes it really needs silver (or some other color) for a good match.

3pvDiSf.png

zunBHLY.png

Julianos White dyes:

4yufGoh.png

PyJxU7S.png

Coldharbor Ash Black dyes:

Y7aaM1l.png

OeRnbU2.png

Without bra (but with shoulder and some leather straps), it would look savage on male characters too. Since I personally dislike the bra part on my boys (even on my fabulous dark elf with bold eyeliner and prominent eyelashes, but he already has bare chest with black straps from Minotaur motif), so I only use it on my girls.

Sadly, I only have one girl with nice curves to fully appreciate this costume:

maPQB1Y.png

XbyeSmQ.png
    Options
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it the difference is that timbercrow uses crotch flap bone in character skeleton, bu mercy mother uses skirt bone instead. Wouldn't call it "lazy" it is just that bit of mesh is tied to different bones on the character skeleton. It should use similar amount of workload for both ways of implementing it.
    Options
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a bit of a shame that there are so many sloppy costumes and accessories lately.
    As I've written elsewhere, any Nexus modder would put more effort into this, but time is money (Sorry, guys, but it's true, You want real money for it and not small money, so it would take some kind of output quality control before you release it live.).
    So here we have a blindfold that is digging into the Khajiit's head, dresses that adjust the body shape and make the figure look bigger, Accessories that are on some races a few centimeters from the forehead!! For God's sake, does no one check that or is it supposed to levitate?
    Edited by davidtk on April 23, 2024 5:26PM
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair basically every piece of dangling cloth ZOS makes does this. Look at the Breton Hero costume. It's a consistent style/tech thing.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    I like how it has arrows that show you the direction it STREEETCHES
    Yes its handles with the standard skirt rigging even if open on both sides.
    Now you could make an custom rig for it but it require effort.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched the tattoo on the Gold Road achievement skin swing like a clock pendulum over the character's belly.

It's Not Nice.
    Options
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    loveeso wrote: »
    I got it on the main account and despite it's flaws it's one of my favorite costumes. I don't even mind the stretching.

Still, I bet you would like it even better if ZOS fixed it 🙂. And when it's fixed then I could buy it too 🙂
    What bugs me more is the shoulderpad on one shoulder. Wish we had a hide shoulder option for costumes

Indeed, that's yet another flaw! They should just copy the "hide the shoulder" option from outfit styles to collections / appearance (like for hats).

I'm good either way because there's a ton of more things they could be fixing. I rather they fix bugs than alter armor. In fact the last time they fixed armor and adjusted the look they got hell for it if I remember right. A lot of folk didn't like the change to redguard and orc armors. Base game.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    I watched the tattoo on the Gold Road achievement skin swing like a clock pendulum over the character's belly.

It's Not Nice.
    Now that is impressive as unlike a skirt the skin overlay should stay fixed to character model as they are an texture overlay like Khajiit spots who luckily don't move for this one. Now you will get bending at bends who is realistic.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just wonder why it has that one out of place shoulder piece. It's so weird.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wonder why it has that one out of place shoulder piece. It's so weird.

Well, I guess you could roleplay as the Six Million Dollar Khajiit, where you have a bionic shoulder made of pure titanium that doesn't need armor.... or you could say that This One was so poor growing up that the family had to share armor pieces, so This One got the left shoulder piece while your brother That One got the right side piece, and sister The Other One got the left sabaton, and so forth. Or perhaps your gambling debt got so large that you had to pawn pieces of your armor, and now you are fighting as a gladiator trying to earn enough coin to get the rest of your gear out of hock.
    Options
  • PrincessOfThieves
    PrincessOfThieves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really disappointed by this costume. I like the upper part, but the skirt looks like an apron and the sandals could've been more intricate.
    I am baffled by how ZOS is trying to censor outfits by adding diapers to them. Come on, it's a 18+ game, nobody will get hurt from seeing character's hip/butt. Even if they used the vanilla Almalexia's outfit as a base, it's not THAT provocative, especially compared to costumes in other mmos.
    Options
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... Come on, it's a 18+ game...

Mmm unfortunately it is not so.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/4721
    [ Australia & New Zealand ] - ACB M
    [ Canada ] - ESRBCA Rated M
    [ Central American & South America ] - BR 14
    [ Europe ] - PEGI 18
    [ Germany ] - USK 16
    [ Russia ] - RR 18
    [ United States ] - ESRB Rated M
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am really disappointed by this costume. I like the upper part, but the skirt looks like an apron and the sandals could've been more intricate.
    I am baffled by how ZOS is trying to censor outfits by adding diapers to them. Come on, it's a 18+ game, nobody will get hurt from seeing character's hip/butt. Even if they used the vanilla Almalexia's outfit as a base, it's not THAT provocative, especially compared to costumes in other mmos.
    Some of the quest dialogue is more provocative and suggestive than the costumes, so there seems to be two different standards being applied to the game.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well in all fairness it's eaither stretchy cloth solution or tibmercrow diper solution

and given the options, I'd rather take the stretchy cloth
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Some of the quest dialogue is more provocative and suggestive than the costumes, so there seems to be two different standards being applied to the game.

The ZOS approved Almalexia costume shows more than the player costumes, so I don't think it's some sort of modesty standard. Just some quirky design choices. Maybe folks just like designing things with the diaper / granny panty look, and the attention grabbing floppy front and back pieces of dangling cloth. And until they actually speak up and grant some insight into why they design things the way they do, all we can do is guess.

kRB6TZu.png
    Options