The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game Code Arrived Finally!

Punches_Below_Belt
Punches_Below_Belt
✭✭✭✭
So many questions.
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I got one just now. I am not going to use it as I don't need it. I resurrected an old account from 2016 that I have been playing on since the blow out. I will patiently wait for my main NA live account to be restored. I know not everyone has a secondary account and if they really want to try out the PTS then the code would come in handy.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they send you a code for 180 mount upgrades as well?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    ya got the code too.

I'm getting the sinking feeling we won't get our account back this week at all.
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s funny! After ten years I get to start fresh again.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my code and created my first and only second account.
    I'm very thankful that I won't have to spend the rest of the week watching others exploring PTS.

I'll spend the time having a look at scribing and toying with new builds up until my own characters are handed back to me safely. Thanks Zos!
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't get the access code to logon to the new account though.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya got the code too.

They said by the end of the week, it’s Wednesday. I don’t know why you jump to that conclusion already.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »

I just did so with no issues. Did you try to redeem it via the official website?
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    ya got the code too.

They said by the end of the week, it’s Wednesday. I don’t know why you jump to that conclusion already.

It's the default setting around here.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • HippieTheGreat
      HippieTheGreat
      ✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      Seraphayel wrote: »
      ya got the code too.

It's the default setting around here.

what he said :)

Hope you are right! being pessimistic is my thing :)
    • Naftal
      Naftal
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I just did so with no issues. Did you try to redeem it via the official website?

I made new account and new email. I got account creation confirmation to the new email but I can't get the access code to actually login into the game.
    • NoticeMeArkay
      NoticeMeArkay
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I made new account and new email. I got account creation confirmation to the new email but I can't get the access code to actually login into the game.

You receive the access code in a separate mail.
      Once you login on the official website (this one right here, just click on account in the upper left corner of this webpage) with the credentials of your new account, you can then redeem the code.
      Once that's done, simply select "No subscription" and you're done.
      Then you can login to your new account with the code being activated.
    • Naftal
      Naftal
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You receive the access code in a separate mail.
      Once you login on the official website (this one right here, just click on account in the upper left corner of this webpage) with the credentials of your new account, you can then redeem the code.
      Once that's done, simply select "No subscription" and you're done.
      Then you can login to your new account with the code being activated.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I made new account. I got confirmation about it in my email. I can access the account on the website.

When I try to login ingame, it says they sent a code to my email so I can access the account. That email never arrives.
    • NoticeMeArkay
      NoticeMeArkay
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I made new account. I got confirmation about it in my email. I can access the account on the website.

When I try to login ingame, it says they sent a code to my email so I can access the account. That email never arrives.

About the redeeming process. I couldn't make out from your first message that you were waiting for the verification mail.
      That can take a bit longer sometimes. Mine arrived after a couple seconds but sometimes it takes hours.
      Nothing I can help you with, I'm afraid.

Edited by NoticeMeArkay on April 17, 2024 11:12PM
    • Deimus
      Deimus
      ✭✭✭

Same situation for me. Made the account and activated it, but when I log in I need to input an access code that never arrived in my inbox. The email came after about 90mins.
      Edited by Deimus on April 18, 2024 12:41AM
    • verminjerky
      verminjerky
      ✭✭✭
      I got my code, too, although a friend had already given me a code so I was already in on an alt account. (I can't speak to those not getting their login codes - I got mine.)

I may be the dissenting voice, but I actually have positive feedback for this move, I think it's a great idea and it improved my mood a lot.

First, it says that they're taking this seriously and are willing to shell out to do the right thing, which is a good sign.

Second, those of us who were affected were the ones most likely to be extremely eager to get on PTS for various reasons. Streamers, guide makers, addon makers, folks like that really need to be able to be on there. They're doing free work to help promote ESO, it makes sense to get them back in on PTS if they want to be.

Like me, SkinnyCheeks had already done this using an alt account and he was very happy to be back in and playing. For me, it helped because I no longer feel horrendously left out of my daily hobby with my online friends. I can do the stuff I wanted to do on PTS and join my friends there until I get my main account back.

I think it's a good start.
    • Elvenheart
      Elvenheart
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just a quick question, along time ago I created a second account to try something out, but I can’t remember the username now. How would one go about recovering that?
    • onyxorb
      onyxorb
      ✭✭✭
      Elvenheart wrote: »
      Just a quick question, along time ago I created a second account to try something out, but I can’t remember the username now. How would one go about recovering that?

Try to go to the elderscrollonline website and click on 'Forgot Username' under the UserID entry box.

That of course depends on still knowing what email address you had tied to the account, so hopefully that helps out?

• J18696
      J18696
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      yeah i also received a code but currently been stuck waiting for the login access code for past 4 hours or so XD
      PC NA Server
      @J18696
      Characters
      Pridē - Dragonknight
      Vanıty - Arcanist
    • HippieTheGreat
      HippieTheGreat
      ✭✭✭
      Ya I'm not getting the email either. Oh well
    • Masteroshi430
      Masteroshi430
      ✭✭✭
      So I want to know exactly how it works before using:
      We get a new temporary account with the code so we can play while waiting for our good old account to come back then our good old unbanned account will sort of overwrite the temporary one?

Edited by Masteroshi430 on April 18, 2024 8:13AM
      @Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
      Deshaan Honeydew Hors D'Oeuvre <<< FIX THAT TYPO GODDAMMIT!
    • code65536
      code65536
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So I want to know exactly how it works before using:
      We get a new provisory account with the code so we can play while waiting for our good old account to come back then our good old unbanned account will sort of overwrite the provisory one?

You got a code for Necrom Collection Deluxe (base game, plus all chapters, plus all collector's edition items for all chapters), and it's no different than if you had bought the code from some online game store.

You have to pick one of three things to do with this code:
      • Create a new account. Apply this code to that account. Congrats, you have a new permanent alt account that will exist alongside your main account forever, that you can keep using even after your main account is unlocked.
      • Apply this code to an existing alt account. Let's say you already have an alt account that you've leveled, but it didn't have access to all the chapters. This can be used to upgrade that alt account instead of creating a new one.
      • Wait for your main account to be unlocked, and apply this code to your main account. So if your main account was missing old chapters or missing collector's edition items, and you don't care about having an alt account, you could use this code to upgrade your main account (after it gets unlocked).
      Edited by code65536 on April 18, 2024 8:12AM
      Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
      Personal best scores:
      Dungeon trifectas:
      Media: YouTubeTwitch
    • Masteroshi430
      Masteroshi430
      ✭✭✭
      code65536 wrote: »
      You got a code for Necrom Collection Deluxe (base game, plus all chapters, plus all collector's edition items for all chapters), and it's no different than if you had bought the code from some online game store.

You have to pick one of three things to do with this code:
      • Create a new account. Apply this code to that account. Congrats, you have a new permanent alt account that will exist alongside your main account forever, that you can keep using even after your main account is unlocked.
      • Apply this code to an existing alt account. Let's say you already have an alt account that you've leveled, but it didn't have access to all the chapters. This can be used to upgrade that alt account instead of creating a new one.
      • Wait for your main account to be unlocked, and apply this code to your main account. So if your main account was missing old chapters or missing collector's edition items, and you don't care about having an alt account, you could use this code to upgrade your main account (after it gets unlocked).

Thanks for the infos code65536,
      creating a new account means entering a new email address which I am not interested in, I think I will stick to my main account and enjoy a videogame playing/Addon authoring break while waiting for it's re-activation.

@Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
      Deshaan Honeydew Hors D'Oeuvre <<< FIX THAT TYPO GODDAMMIT!
    • Naftal
      Naftal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I still haven't got the access code to login to the new account since last night.
    • CyberDiva
      CyberDiva
      ✭✭✭
      You should be able to tell the game to resend the code for you. Make sure that you check your spam and trash folders as well just in case.
    • Naftal
      Naftal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      CyberDiva wrote: »
      You should be able to tell the game to resend the code for you. Make sure that you check your spam and trash folders as well just in case.

I've resend it many times. Trying to wait for 2h+ between them now.

It's a new email so I can easily see there's no new messages.

Also I tried changing account information and all those messages are instant. It's just the access code that doesn't get sent to me at all.
    • Punches_Below_Belt
      Punches_Below_Belt
      ✭✭✭✭
      While I appreciate you sharing your understanding, I would feel much better if someone from ZOS answered our questions. Unlikely as that may be.
    • noblecron
      noblecron
      ✭✭✭✭
      I got my code yesterday. Will we still be able to use these alt accounts once our live accounts are free?