The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Just build TTC into the game

• NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disky wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »
    This wouldn't be an "improvement" for me. I don't use TTC because I don't sell on traders, and it's pretty rare I buy on them. But the devs spending time on this would mean something I WOULD use might not be added.

Thank you for your input, but I would argue that a significant portion of the population, if not a majority, uses TTC and could benefit from an in-game solution which draws directly from ZOS' own data rather than relying on the players who have installed the tracking add-on and use an unreliable website which serves you advertisements and tracks your browsing habits.

In Minion you can check the number of downloads of an addon. It's not that big compared to overall number of ESO accounts (even counting potential installs not counted via Minion). I would argue that a single digit percentage of players uses TTC from this data.

I don't mind if there would be an integrated tool like this made by ZOS, but I am fine without it.
    I think the integrated tool will have a negative effect on prices (since people would be able to clear the price base line more effectively simply because more people would be able to search for cheaper items), this will result in a significant price inflation

I think I'm missing your point about the add-on download rate. I'm not worried about how many people have downloaded the add-on (though I don't use it), I'm more concerned about the website itself, the fact that it's run by someone outside of ZOS and that it's a bad and unnecessary user experience for a feature which should be managed by ZOS.

The price inflation argument doesn't really make sense to me either because it's not as if TTC's data isn't reasonably accurate right now.

My point was that significantly (5-10 times) more people would be able to find cheaper things more effectively. That means, the bottom price line would be depleted more effectively and thus prices will rise significantly. That's not really healthy for the economy. This needed to be done way earlier, before inflation rates became what they are today, so that the effect wouldn't be as detrimental. The way to remedy that is to increase supply by increasing access to trading, but that would require changing the existing trading system.

But I am not against such integration. I just don't think it will happen.
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on March 27, 2024 5:07PM
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lags wrote: »
    personally i think they should remove it from the game. It may be a minority opinion but i think this addon and addons like it only serve to hurt the game, and absolutely go against what was originally intended for trading in this game.

It also allows people to inflate prices, and it removes a lot the "skill" of trading. Sure, knowledge still makes a very big difference but most players just brainlessly post things for whatever TTC tells them to, and sometimes they lose because of it. Im honestly not sure why zos has allowed it to exist for so long. You would think if they wanted a centralized auction house they would have designed the game in that way. This is just the same but run by players with no one from zos to oversee it.

I get that, but without a centralized way to find things you want, people are relegated to going from vendor to vendor and that is an incredibly time-consuming process which can actually lead to even higher prices because nobody really knows how prices should really be set. At least with a more centralized search system a seller can get an idea of where a price tends to live and they can compete with each other, like in an actual economy. We need a system that respects our time and I don't think that TTC should be the de facto service provider for that aspect of the game. ZOS can and should be doing it.

I agree that sometimes it can be time consuming but its how the game was intended. Its how both xbox and ps are forced to play. Clearly zos wanted things to be made that way. And more often than not its not even that time consuming. Capitol cities usually have anything anyone could want. Even other main cities, the rift, daggerfall, whatever. And the more out of the way places are for people who want to venture there.

At the end of the day you cannot argue that this is not how zenimax intended trading to be. If they wanted a centralized auction house thats how they would have made things. But again, i think if theyre going to allow somthing like TTC they should do it themselves and put it on all platforms. It should not be left to random addon creators, not when its an addon that so many people use and has such a massive impact on pricing in the game.
    Edited by Lags on March 27, 2024 5:24PM
  • ikzaa
    ikzaa
    ✭✭✭
    For some stupid reason, for ZOS it is fun that we spend hours from zone to zone looking for an item.

I would be happy with a simple price checker, min and max.

but knowing the history of ZOS, I doubt that that will ever happen.

I've always used TTC, but it would be nice to have it included.
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    LadyLavina wrote: »
    Well hey @Danikat , haven't seen you around in a while. Thrilled to see you're still at least forum-active. Not common to see folks from the 2014 gang around these days. (I waited...like 3 years to get on the forums so I'm 2017 despite being launch/2014 myself x_x ) . Hope you're well.
    Danikat wrote: »
    That's why I'd prefer ZOS to include the functionality in the game itself, they'd be able to do it much better than an addon can. But for now it's the best option available if you don't want to spend ages checking traders basically at random to find an item.

As for this though, I agree. There are many more pressing issues (as important as this one might be to us) that need to be addressed before this is messed with. I hope this is addressed eventually , but it will likely be a back-burner item until the more critical things are sorted.

There will always be something critical for ZOS to do or fix. They just need to make it a commitment to do something about it, then do it. 

This has been an issue for years that they have chosen to ignore, and it's only getting worse with each land update as they add more and more trading spots. With over 200 spots now, it is really impossible to search all of them on consoles without taking the whole day to do it and handwriting down the information such as price and location. We deserve better!

Stay safe :)

i disagree. I swapped to pc a few years ago but have played since the start of console and i had no problem with it. If i wanted to trader hop i would take an hour and go around the world, quickly look through a trader, and move on. I still do the same thing on PC. As i said before, for most people whatever they want can be found in a capitol city, if you're looking for something specific. if you want to look for items to flip, or obscure items then maybe you go to out of the way spots.

But i will say its extremely unfair that PC has access to addons like this while console doesnt. Its just another point in a long list of things that PC gets that console does not. But again, i would sooner see them ban TTC and be done with it. The economy of the game would only be better.
    Edited by Lags on March 27, 2024 5:33PM
  • disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭
    Lags wrote: »
    At the end of the day you cannot argue that this is not how zenimax intended trading to be. If they wanted a centralized auction house thats how they would have made things. But again, i think if theyre going to allow somthing like TTC they should do it themselves and put it on all platforms. It should not be left to random addon creators, not when its an addon that so many people use and has such a massive impact on pricing in the game.

Clearly this is how ZOS wanted things to be from the beginning or they would have implemented it differently, but we have to consider that in the early days, players were largely confined to their faction's zones and there weren't many of them. 10 years on, we can travel all of Tamriel, Deadlands, Clockwork City, etc. with no way to know where the thing you want is, if it's even available, or if the price you find it for is reasonable. You're forced to travel from vendor to vendor, zone to zone, and it just doesn't respect a player's time. And to those making claims that it will affect the economy, it may on console but it would also be a huge boon to those who actually want to find things, and it would benefit those with traders outside of major cities as well, due to the improved discoverability.

There's a lot to do in this game and if you want to do nothing but shop, you can still do that if ZOS implements an in-house alternative to TTC. You would just no longer have to on console, and you would no longer have to rely on a third-party's sketchy website on PC. It doesn't have to be this way and ZOS should be taking responsibility for it.
    Edited by disky on March 27, 2024 7:53PM
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I rarely participate in the trade guild system as I really HATE it.