The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Infinite Archive Furnishing Plans

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    - Antiquity Leads for the Torc of the Last Ayleid King Mythic item will now drop more reliably.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    I really don't understand the patch notes on this item because I have unlocked 2 and a bit Mythics for this item in my runs for furniture plans so they are dropping for me all the time yet these furniture plans have not dropped once.

I have done Arc 1-4 everyday (multiple runs on weekends) since launch of Update and not received a single furnishing plan drop from end of boss chests, marauders or even side quest chests, nothing.

Can you please get the team to investigate? I have submitted many in-game ticket requests and will continue to submit everyday they dont drop for me or till we get some kind of communication regarding it. Thank you.

And the patch notes is saying that the Leads will drop more often now.

I’m not sure the lead drop rate was that much of a problem. Like others have said, the leads are way more reliable than new furnishing plans. I have run the archive 8 or 9 times and have all the new mythic leads. Most, if not all, of the leads came from side portal chests. In my experience, the best drops come from side portal chests, loot goblins, and marauders.

Unless the marauder is Gothmau. In that case, he doesn't drop plans or leads, he drops you.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got a new blue recipe: praxis apocrypha lattice tile from a marauder in arc 2/5/1. So early on in a run. Patch notes say they increased drops for the antiquity leads. Maybe they also increased furnishing plans? 4th plan in two weeks, 1 green and 3 blue
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got a new blue recipe: praxis apocrypha lattice tile from a marauder in arc 2/5/1. So early on in a run. Patch notes say they increased drops for the antiquity leads. Maybe they also increased furnishing plans? 4th plan in two weeks, 1 green and 3 blue

No, unless it’s a stealth adjustment, or whatever that would be called. The patch notes specifically say the leads for the new mythic would now drop “more reliably” which is of note to me since there seemed to be an issue of them dropping for some people, while others got them all right away.

It is good to know that the plans drop from Marauders too! I had thought they specifically dropped only from the muniment chests.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Antiquity Leads for the Torc of the Last Ayleid King Mythic item will now drop more reliably.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    I really don't understand the patch notes on this item because I have unlocked 2 and a bit Mythics for this item in my runs for furniture plans so they are dropping for me all the time yet these furniture plans have not dropped once.

I have done Arc 1-4 everyday (multiple runs on weekends) since launch of Update and not received a single furnishing plan drop from end of boss chests, marauders or even side quest chests, nothing.

Can you please get the team to investigate? I have submitted many in-game ticket requests and will continue to submit everyday they dont drop for me or till we get some kind of communication regarding it. Thank you.

Wait, that is a crazy patch note for it to be from yesterday! I would understand if it was during the PTS or so, but the Torc already dropped too frequently since live launched.

But barely any plans.

Thanks everyone for sharing when / where you got yours. Another question: Has anyone gotten any new, U41 Apocrypha structural plans from urns? One player said they have. But the official patch notes and players say they only come from chest (marauder, imp) loot tables.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin can you tell us?
    • Was the patch note just incomplete - the new U41 plans can also drop from urns?
    • We're getting too many Torc leads (and style pages, IMO), but almost no furnishing plans. Can it please be adjusted?

Edit: here's proof that the drop rates are bad. PC NA Purple U40 price charts vs U41:
    (You can do this search for any of them and it holds true.)

Old U40 purple plan over first 2 weeks:
    hs688rckiui8.png

Old U40 gold plan over first 2 weeks:
    mf7ouumfjngs.png

NEW U41 purple plan over first 2 weeks:
    vatueqtxhs2h.png

Different NEW U41 purple plan over first 2 weeks:
    (Some actually spiked up because people realized how bad the drop rates are):
    o95ssxjd5tn6.png
    Edited by MoonPile on March 25, 2024 7:56PM
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

hi, Gina
    may i, please, ask a broader question:

- most of Necrom and Infinite Archive furnishings require the Glass Eye of Mora style material, and demand overwhelms supply greatly. One piece of the said material is about 15,000 gold at PC EU at this moment, and this hardly will change, unless Zenimax reconsiders the sourcing and the drop rate.
    Except farming Scrivener's Hall (which is optional dungeon DLC, not even a zone DLC!) the other alternative is transmuting things into Scribes of Mora gear and deconstructing it (with 50% chance to obtain one style stone per 50 transmute crystals spent). Or better - transmuting weapons into nirnhoned, deconstructing, again, with approximately 50% return rate, selling one Potent Nirncrux for about 35,000..40,000 (current PC EU prices) and buying them damn eyes.
    We have already saw that with Summerset and Culanda Lacquer (which is still about 6,000 a piece, and this is still too much (in my humble opinion)). Though Culanda Lacquer is easier and faster to get as a reward for Summerset dailies. And that matters for casual players.
    Glass Eyes of Mora are intentionally made hard to obtain and the said style stones market prices confirm this perfectly.

- U41 furnishing plans are hard to obtain too. Please, command Zenimax employee to farm 10 such recipes on a regular server without using the cheat codes and other developers magic, just to measure the average time spent to get a new furnishing plan. Compare to other plans, except Vampiric, please. Is that intended, but not just blind copying the drop tables?

so the question: Necrom furnishings completely diverge from the other furnishings. This furnishing plans are much more expensive than all the others (except Vampiric ones, which also are very hard to obtain, because the drop solely from the Harrowstorms, the number of such events per hour is limited, also, drop rate is extremely far from stellar). The materials required for the new plans are also "elite and exquisite" (they are 3x more expensive than Culanda Lacquer and 15x more expensive than Vile Coagulant).

Gina, why? Could developers, please, hint us, why fashion started to diverge so far away from the players' friendly feature?

TL/DR; Necrom furnishings seriously diverge from the rest of ESO furnishings both in terms of obtaining plans and them furnishings production costs. Why?
    PC EU
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

hi, Gina

- most of Necrom and Infinite Archive furnishings require the Glass Eye of Mora style material, and demand overwhelms supply greatly. One piece of the said material is about 15,000 gold at PC EU at this moment, and this hardly will change, unless Zenimax reconsiders the sourcing and the drop rate.
    Except farming Scrivener's Hall (which is optional dungeon DLC, not even a zone DLC!) the other alternative is transmuting things into Scribes of Mora gear and deconstructing it (with 50% chance to obtain one style stone per 50 transmute crystals spent). Or better - transmuting weapons into nirnhoned, deconstructing, again, with approximately 50% return rate, selling one Potent Nirncrux for about 35,000..40,000 (current PC EU prices) and buying them damn eyes.
    We have already saw that with Summerset and Culanda Lacquer (which is still about 6,000 a piece, and this is still too much (in my humble opinion)). Though Culanda Lacquer is easier and faster to get as a reward for Summerset dailies. And that matters for casual players.
    Glass Eyes of Mora are intentionally made hard to obtain and the said style stones market prices confirm this perfectly.

- U41 furnishing plans are hard to obtain too. Please, command Zenimax employee to farm 10 such recipes on a regular server without using the cheat codes and other developers magic, just to measure the average time spent to get a new furnishing plan. Compare to other plans, except Vampiric, please. Is that intended, but not just blind copying the drop tables?

so the question: Necrom furnishings completely diverge from the other furnishings. This furnishing plans are much more expensive than all the others (except Vampiric ones, which also are very hard to obtain, because the drop solely from the Harrowstorms, the number of such events per hour is limited, also, drop rate is extremely far from stellar). The materials required for the new plans are also "elite and exquisite" (they are 3x more expensive than Culanda Lacquer and 15x more expensive than Vile Coagulant).

Gina, why? Could developers, please, hint us, why fashion started to diverge so far away from the players' friendly feature?

TL/DR; Necrom furnishings seriously diverge from the rest of ESO furnishings both in terms of obtaining plans and them furnishings production costs. Why?

I wasn't that worried about Apocrypha furnsishings before, because I thought they would be pretty niche and very few homes would be decent for these furnishings. Then I tested these furnishings, and I would say they mesh pretty well with a bunch of styles (and also very interesting and quite unique)

So in these terms, ZOS stays true to their old modus operandi: make niche furnishing rare drops (Dwarven, Ayleid, Vampiric and now Apocrypha). So I wouldn't say Apocrypha diverges from their marketing of these items (ofc there are changes). Well, it's just unlucky, that Apocrypha structural style is actually pretty cool and works well with a bunch of other styles (especially Murkmire, that one was a pleasant surprise for me).
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on March 25, 2024 9:38PM
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
    Edited by CGPsaint on April 19, 2024 12:43AM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

hi, Gina

Except farming Scrivener's Hall (which is optional dungeon DLC, not even a zone DLC!) the other alternative is transmuting things into Scribes of Mora gear and deconstructing it ...

^ Yeah.
    One more drop source for Mora's eyeballs: furnishing materials crates in IA. But you might get 1 from those, if any.

On PC NA, I consider it a "good deal" to find eyeballs for 20,000 g per eye. Culanda lacquer is ~10,000 g.

For a normal player, even plans over 50-100k gold are expensive. 1-2 million for blue, 5-20 million for purple is prohibitive. Yes players set the prices. But looking at the data, e.g., of a new purple Apocrypha plan: <~10 items listed per day, across the entire NA server, over two weeks. Today there are 5 (maybe 3 still available). By contrast, 100+ listings /day for U40 gold plans, from the start.

Old U40 gold, # of items listed in first 2 weeks from launch:
    07mye4pww4ua.png

New U41 purple, # of items listed in first 2 weeks from launch:
    dsfeeioor7j2.png

I ran IA daily for 2 weeks but I'm done unless something changes; it's too disappointing. Just gonna go to PTS where I can actually use furnishings. (*It was fun running with friends :) you know who you are! But it's a lot.)

CGPsaint wrote: »
    Give it a couple of weeks and all of the new purple furnishing plans from IA will be at or around 100K on the high side.
    Given the data above, I doubt that. They are not following the same patterns as older plans. I really want to be wrong.

Edited by MoonPile on March 25, 2024 9:57PM
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoonPile wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Wait, that is a crazy patch note for it to be from yesterday! I would understand if it was during the PTS or so, but the Torc already dropped too frequently since live launched.

But barely any plans.

Thanks everyone for sharing when / where you got yours. Another question: Has anyone gotten any new, U41 Apocrypha structural plans from urns? One player said they have. But the official patch notes and players say they only come from chest (marauder, imp) loot tables.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin can you tell us?
    • Was the patch note just incomplete - the new U41 plans can also drop from urns?
    • We're getting too many Torc leads (and style pages, IMO), but almost no furnishing plans. Can it please be adjusted?

Edit: here's proof that the drop rates are bad. PC NA Purple U40 price charts vs U41:
    (You can do this search for any of them and it holds true.)

Old U40 purple plan over first 2 weeks:
    hs688rckiui8.png

Old U40 gold plan over first 2 weeks:
    mf7ouumfjngs.png

NEW U41 purple plan over first 2 weeks:
    vatueqtxhs2h.png

Different NEW U41 purple plan over first 2 weeks:
    (Some actually spiked up because people realized how bad the drop rates are):
    o95ssxjd5tn6.png

I have not received any new plans from urns, and I’ve looked through hundreds by now. However, I have gotten many of the old plans from them.
    Edited by carlos424 on March 25, 2024 11:16PM
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in these terms, ZOS stays true to their old modus operandi: make niche furnishing rare drops (Dwarven, Ayleid, Vampiric and now Apocrypha). So I wouldn't say Apocrypha diverges from their marketing of these items (ofc there are changes). Well, it's just unlucky, that Apocrypha structural style is actually pretty cool and works well with a bunch of other styles (especially Murkmire, that one was a pleasant surprise for me).

The Apocrypha/Necrom plans from IA are not even remotely on the same rarity level as Vampiric, and certainly not on the same rarity level as some of the OG Dwarven plans, or ANY of the Ayleid plans. On Xbox/NA, all of the purple Vampiric plans sell for 195K and up, Dwarven sell for 300K to well over 1M, and Ayleid sells for 2.25M up to 5M. Give it a couple of weeks and all of the new purple furnishing plans from IA will be at or around 100K on the high side.

That would be true if the new furnishing plans could be obtained from daily zone quest coffers as most have been in the past. However, these only come from the infinite archive, which is a limiting factor. Also, those of us who have run it almost daily have seen the very low drop rate. My experience has been about 10-12 runs. At least a couple hundred drops between chests, marauders, and loot goblins. I have received all the new mythic antiquity leads, plus many others. I have received quite a few old furnishing plans, including at least one purple. However, new furnishing plans: 1 green, 2 blue. That’s it. And one of the blues I got today. So either I’m very unlucky or the drop rate isn’t great. From what I’m seeing, it seems others have had a similar experience. They supposedly increased the new mythic leads drop chance today, but they were already dropping way more frequently than furnishing plans, at least for me.
    Edited by carlos424 on March 30, 2024 2:02AM
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
    Edited by CGPsaint on April 19, 2024 12:43AM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NoTimeToWait thank you for the term "niche". English is not my mother-tongue, so i would hardly recollect the word.
    i am not against hard to obtain plans (indeed, Ayleid is very hard to get, and Vampiric purples are also expensive).
    i was mostly concerned about style material. It is paywalled, but not behind a big zone DLC, but behind a dungeon DLC, and this is more restrictive barrier for casual players, rather than buying full ESO edition with all former chapters.
    And the price of the Glass Eyes of Mora is upsetting, considering how many furnishing plans require them style stones.
    It would be great if Zenimax offer more sources for them Moras' Eyes to the majority of players.
    i meant U40 furnishing are not niche, Apocrypha lights are gorgeous and may fit most of other styles, but the making price is still too high because of the Glass Eyes of Mora low supply.
    i can afford buying a very expensive furnishing plan, as this is a one time expense. Crafting furnishing is not a one time experience.

@CGPsaint considering hours spent to farm one new U41 recipe i hardly would expect a rough price drop, sorry for that.
    (and yes, 1 got one Ayleid purple from Rulanyil's Fall and like 3 or 4 dwarven blues from Razak's Wheel and it, indeed, took hundreds of hours). I am not objecting Zenimax decisions, but trying to understand why it was needed to limit Mora's style stones supply, as U40 furnishings are nice, higher style stones price limits the number of furnishings crafted and this limitied supply does not provide a gold sink, as it does not remove the gold from the game, but redistribute the gold to benefit teams farming a DLC dungeon for materials.

thank you for ideas, friends!
    PC EU
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Apocrypha/Necrom plans from IA are not even remotely on the same rarity level as Vampiric, and certainly not on the same rarity level as some of the OG Dwarven plans, or ANY of the Ayleid plans. On Xbox/NA, all of the purple Vampiric plans sell for 195K and up, Dwarven sell for 300K to well over 1M, and Ayleid sells for 2.25M up to 5M. Give it a couple of weeks and all of the new purple furnishing plans from IA will be at or around 100K on the high side.

That would be true if the new furnishing plans could be obtained from daily zone quest coffers as most have been in the past. However, these only come from the infinite archive, which is a limiting factor. Also, those of us who have run it almost daily have seen the very low drop rate. My experience has been about 10-12 runs. At least a couple hundred drops between chests, marauders, and lute goblins. I have received all the new mythic antiquity leads, plus many others. I have received quite a few old furnishing plans, including at least one purple. However, new furnishing plans: 1 green, 2 blue. That’s it. And one of the blues I got today. So either I’m very unlucky or the drop rate isn’t great. From what I’m seeing, it seems others have had a similar experience. They supposedly increased the new mythic leads drop chance today, but they were already dropping way more frequently than furnishing plans, at least for me.

Have you actively tried farming purple Ayleid furnishing plans? I have farmed almost 200 hours and have never seen a single purple drop. I can assure you that I would rather grind IA than ever do the Ayleid farm again. Vampiric and Dwarven are a bit more forgiving in that I can generally get 1 purple drop for every 4-5 hours of farming, but then again farming urns hour after hour is a rather unenjoyable grind.

Hopefully ZOS is keeping tabs on this issue and adjusts drop rates if needed, but I would still rather play IA than just mindlessly root around in urns, plus the Archival Currency does have value which is more than I can say for all of the trash I pull out of urns!

All that being said, I'll be grinding IA when it drops on console and will keep running stats to see if I can coroborate drops or lack thereof on console.

No one is saying Ayleid plans and whatever else aren’t limited. I’m just saying that the new purple IA plans will not be selling for under 100k in 2 weeks, even on console. And IA has alot of other things you can get. New style pages, over world sets to fill out your sticker book, antiquity leads, IA currency, etc. Definitely better than just farming urns or killing mobs in a delve. In terms of time, I estimate I’ve been in IA 25-30 hours this patch, and have received 1 green and 2 of the new blue plans. No purples.
    Edited by carlos424 on March 26, 2024 1:16AM
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭

That would be true if the new furnishing plans could be obtained from daily zone quest coffers as most have been in the past. However, these only come from the infinite archive, which is a limiting factor. Also, those of us who have run it almost daily have seen the very low drop rate. My experience has been about 10-12 runs. At least a couple hundred drops between chests, marauders, and lute goblins. I have received all the new mythic antiquity leads, plus many others. I have received quite a few old furnishing plans, including at least one purple. However, new furnishing plans: 1 green, 2 blue. That’s it. And one of the blues I got today. So either I’m very unlucky or the drop rate isn’t great. From what I’m seeing, it seems others have had a similar experience. They supposedly increased the new mythic leads drop chance today, but they were already dropping way more frequently than furnishing plans, at least for me.

Have you actively tried farming purple Ayleid furnishing plans? I have farmed almost 200 hours and have never seen a single purple drop. I can assure you that I would rather grind IA than ever do the Ayleid farm again. Vampiric and Dwarven are a bit more forgiving in that I can generally get 1 purple drop for every 4-5 hours of farming, but then again farming urns hour after hour is a rather unenjoyable grind.

Hopefully ZOS is keeping tabs on this issue and adjusts drop rates if needed, but I would still rather play IA than just mindlessly root around in urns, plus the Archival Currency does have value which is more than I can say for all of the trash I pull out of urns!

All that being said, I'll be grinding IA when it drops on console and will keep running stats to see if I can coroborate drops or lack thereof on console.

Right now, per the PC data I posted right above (at least hundreds, maybe thousands of players' data), the daily listings are on par with some Ayleid plans that avg. 2-10 listings per day.

Here it is again:
    MoonPile wrote: »
    ...looking at the data, e.g., of a new purple Apocrypha plan: <~10 items listed per day, across the entire NA server, over two weeks. Today there are 5 (maybe 3 still available). By contrast, 100+ listings /day for U40 gold plans, from the start.

Old U40 gold, # of items listed in first 2 weeks from launch:
    07mye4pww4ua.png

New U41 purple, # of items listed in first 2 weeks from launch:
    dsfeeioor7j2.png

The left axis shows that New U41 plans = 1/10 the amount of U40. That roughly matches my own + friends' experiences with drop rate: 2 weeks of daily runs (let's say 20 runs) = a measly 1-2 plans =~5-10%. Maybe it's not the Khajiit brazier, Redguard satchel, or some Ayleid plans, but it sucks.

I thought IA was more fun too. And tons people are running it right now, vs old Ayleid ruins that are known to be hopeless. But when it takes 3-5 hours in one sitting to reach an Arc that even has a slim chance of dropping a purple, it's not that fun or healthy.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭

You're not unlucky; the graphs I posted are PC NA server-wide.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ayleid and plans with a similar drop rate are TOO rare to be worth trying to acquire. I don’t think any furnishing plans should be THAT rare. And no blue or green plans should be rare (they’re supposed to only be uncommon and common after all). The Daedric Fence and others, including the new U41 IA plans need to have their drop rate improved.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No one is saying Ayleid plans and whatever else aren’t limited. I’m just saying that the new purple IA plans will not be selling for under 100k in 2 weeks, even on console. And IA has alot of other things you can get. New style pages, over world sets to fill out your sticker book, antiquity leads, IA currency, etc. Definitely better than just farming urns or killing mobs in a delve. In terms of time, I estimate I’ve been in IA 25-30 hours this patch, and have received 1 green and 2 of the new blue plans. No purples.

Right now, the old purple plans from IA are only rarely selling for less than 100k on PS NA.

EDIT: clarification
    Edited by katanagirl1 on March 26, 2024 5:48AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay so looking forward to this on console.

Seeing as have forced myself into this place quite a few times now to get enough IA currency to buy leads I don’t have & in that time I have had 1 blue furnishing plan & 1 or 2 blue furnishing leads. Nothing else.

Drop rate is already abysmal. At least should drop from daily.

This is an awful decision to force people into IA, but even then the rewards do not justify this as a good use of player time.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now, the old purple plans from IA are only rarely selling for less than 100k on PS NA.

EDIT: clarification

Price drop for Necrom purples is that with U41 Faustina Curio offers a container with one of the following plans for 50 master writ vouchers. The listed plans got below 100K at PC EU, due to a sudden supply spike.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Necrom_Master_Furnisher's_Document

edit:
    as regarding U41 structural purples, in my books they are on par with Vampiric, so after novelty disappear, we would probably see theirs prices stabilzed at about 1M on average. Ayleid in the heavier weight category: 5x more expensive than Vampiric as they are very rare.
    For me the decisive difference between Necrom furnisings and Vampiric ones is that Vile Coagulant is about 750g..1,000g a piece, but Glass Eye of Mora are about 15K a piece, (and 15x..20x is a very significant difference) making it the most expensive furnishing material

Edited by DinoZavr on March 26, 2024 1:38PM
    PC EU
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i really wish the daily delve and world boss quests from Necrom or daily Infinite Archive quest would have a chance to drop Glass Eye of Mora.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necrom furnishings require the funerary wrappings, which can be got from deconning armor found in zone, similar to other zone styles such as Alinor and Elsweyr.

Apocrypha furnishings are what require the Glass Eyes of Mora style material, which only drop from Scrivener’s Hall. IMHO, they should have also been the style mat from the IA class set gear, which currently drop NO style mats, which combines with their stats to make them the least rewarding gear drop ever.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Previous IA furnishing plans dropped in price under pressure of supply, because thousands of people played newly released game mode.

New furnishing plans are not only diluted in a much larger pool of previous purple furnishing plans, they are also better and more sought after (as most structural furnishings) and there is also much less people running IA, because it's not a new mode anymore. Also don't forget that current demand is a bit stunted, because people expect prices to fall. When they see the price drop not happening anymore, some of them (probably a decent percentage) will start buying while the price has not risen.

If nothing changes, new purple furnishing plans will stay at a price point of 1-3 mil gold, because demand is unlikely to diminish (structural plans are always in demand) and supply is likely to diminish a bit.

So there is no downward pressure of the oversupply and people generally are willing to pay at least the amount of gold that it takes to farm an item converted from amount of time needed. And with purple plans taking 10+ hours to farm (or way more if unlucky) their nominal cost in gold is above 1-2 mil.

Which isn't bad. But might start rising if demand stays strong and supply diminishes, and then it as well may reach 5+ mil price and stay there, which is a bit much for this number of furnishing plans needed to get a full collection
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on March 26, 2024 9:21PM
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can afford buying a very expensive furnishing plan, as this is a one time expense. Crafting furnishing is not a one time experience.

Ah, but I don't see buying an expensive Apocrypha plan as a one-time expense for 2 reasons: there are a decent number of furnishing plans to buy and, more importantly, it may become ZOS policy to add high-value furnishing plans to IA and future game modes. And if those future plans are as good and as costly as Apocrypha structural plans, well, it would become a regular line of expense in the future (like it happened with style mats, which, btw, I was also discussing as a problem when Culanda Lacquer was introduced).

So unless we see it as an imminent problem and discuss it as an imminent problem, we will get that problem sooner or later
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my first purple new furnishing plan from Infinite Archive. Praxis: Apocrypha Alcove, Stone. Got it off a marauder. The plans seem to have a higher drop rate from marauders and loot goblins. In fact, of the 4-5 new plans I’ve found, all have been from marauders and loot goblins. None from chests.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my first purple new furnishing plan from Infinite Archive. Praxis: Apocrypha Alcove, Stone. Got it off a marauder. The plans seem to have a higher drop rate from marauders and loot goblins. In fact, of the 4-5 new plans I’ve found, all have been from marauders and loot goblins. None from chests.

I think you're right. They seem to drop exclusively from them. I can't think of the last time I got one from a chest.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive gotten at least 3-4 of the new furnishing plans (mostly green and blues), majority of my drops have come from bonus portals so far

i did notice that it seems to primarily drop from bonus portals, marauders, and scamps, i dont usually ever get furnishings from tho'at
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »

I think you're right. They seem to drop exclusively from them. I can't think of the last time I got one from a chest.

Depends on a chest. If it's from a side portal, then they do drop furnishing plans. In fact, I had a better chances with them than with the marauders/loot goblins. The ones from the bosses either have extremely low drop rate or do not drop them at all.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope things will improve during Jubilee, for those who want to actually learn the plans. I wonder if IA bosses (besides daily quest) will reward loot boxes? The official news doesn't say so.

It's currently Jester's weekend: more players should be on. But supply and sales of U41 plans are both stagnant. Many who were farming agree the drop rate is terrible, so aren't wasting their time in IA anymore.

Here's another PC NA graph. We're coming up on 3 weeks... barely 20 listings for a purple:
    wsz8hgh2oet5.png

:(
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I did some quick math. So far I'm getting one new plan approximately every 26 arcs (no I do not run the 26 arcs at once, this is across multiple runs). There are 28 plans, so assuming I don't get duplicates, that would require running approximately 728 arcs.

Maybe if the content was actually being added to / improved / was enjoyable... that wouldn't seem so bad. But I'll just pass and spend that time playing other games that are fun.

There's something called learned helplessness and imo it's really not a very good game design philosophy.

I mean I'm not suggesting there should be *no* rare rewards in content like IA, but the common rewards are horrible. I finish my runs with my entire inventory filled with junk that I have to vendor or delete. Or a bunch of the same leads or fragments I don't need anymore. I still never got any of the original gold or purple plans from IA either. The style pages don't drop much but aren't as bad as the plans... It's just not a pleasant experience.

TL;DR, I think at least we should be given the opportunity to purchase a container with a random IA plan in it with our hard-earned archival fortunes. And a little more effort should be put into adding to IA and keeping IA fresh and fun... rather than making it as grindy as possible.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on March 29, 2024 6:27PM
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dydmy7uqbnuh.png
    nygsyx89t31f.png

This is the two more popular IA purple recipes on PC EU. As you can see, the supply and demand are already more or less stable, their price point is already stabilized (1.5 mil and 2.5 mil correspondly), it would go down a bit due to market inertia and probably would go up if supply drops. I doubt any additional supply will appear from somewhere (without any intervention).

On the other hand we have two major event back to back (Jester's and Anni) and then less people running IA for style pages(since they drop more actively now) so I expect supply to drop significantly, and then summer, which is overall sees less player activity. I would even expect a jump in price and some correction when more people stop running IA for new recipes (because it is simply not a good gold per hour ratio right now if you are running IA to sell plans) and then return when price gets higher. In the end, it will depend on whether people are going to consider this style suitable for their houses. Still, it's not the graphs I would like to see for these and future furniture plans

On a further note, most of the new purple plans are more or less stabilized
    qzm9gm6jsizg.png
    7yjx32gs7bhe.png
    eqi56v0rd2l4.png

So it doesn't look like these will drop in price much any time soon
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on March 29, 2024 11:54PM