The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Infinite Archive Furnishing Plans

• KekwLord3000
    KekwLord3000
    ✭✭
    Yep they are dropping, I've done all IA achievments (just those pesky 25 consumable one's left) so I just farm up to arc 2 and reset to farm for the new styles and managed to get new green and blue plans, from chests, loot goblins, those bosses that spawn after arc 1 during trash packs.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
    Edited by CGPsaint on April 19, 2024 2:09AM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Every new plan from this last patch (that is not from the writ vendor) appears to exclusively drop from IA. As for the impact this all has, please read @NoTimeToWait post above.

All apocrypha plans also require 1-2 glass eyes which are dropped (almost exclusively, I believe) in IA as well. They are so rare they go for several thousand gold each because so few people are doing IA.

1.) I understand that the new plans come exclusively from IA. I mentioned that people who aren't inclined to run IA can always farm the other set of Necrom/Apocrypha plans which they can learn and/or sell to offset the cost of purchasing the new plans. If that isn't palatable, then I don't know what to tell you. I guess those people just don't get to have those plans.

2.) The crafting material drops from Scrivener's Hall, and I'm assuming that the same people are most likely not interested in running this content either. Once again, they can either farm the dungeon for materials (even on normal), or they can buy the same items on guild traders.

The problem is specifically high costs of housing in this game, which are getting higher. And these last furnishing plans and mats are a direct part of this problem.

You can easily drop 20 mil gold on furnishing a single house. That's without the costs of furnishing plans. If you add furnishing plans that could go anywhere around 25 mil (total spending), or even more. How many players do you think can get 30+ mil of disposable gold? Of course, it's not an entry level spending, but you get there eventually

You could say that other endgame activities are also heavy on spending, but both PVE and PVP generate a decent amount of gold (especially high tier PVE) while housing is something you take out of your coffer and won't get back.

You are correct in that housing is a huge drain on ones resources, and while I don't agree with the direction that the game ha gone regarding how to source furnishing materials, it would appear that it's here to stay. People have been complaining for years and ZOS has turned a deaf ear to their pleas. Any material that ONLY drops from doing daily quests is a problem in my eyes, whereas ZOS is trying to get people to run older/stale content. Calunda Lacquer was rough, but the Glass Eyes of Mora are a complete joke.

I just recently completed my collection and now know 100% of all furnishing plans, provisioning recipes, and motif chapters, so I'm well aware of just how expensive crafting (housing in particular) can be. While sourcing for crafting materials IS a huge issue, I think that one of the larger issues is that there are infinitely more people looking to consume said materials, while there are infinitely less people willing to farm them. Even if the materials were easier to obtain, I suspect this would continue to be the case.

There are examples of style mats that are at a decent pricing point. Shimmering sand (Elsweyr mat) is a good example of that. Culanda Lacquer got much better after the reward coffers started to drop it regularly, and even if it goes up in price, there will probably be a Summerset event next year or so. There are instruments for ZOS to adjust these rates ever so slightly, and they have been doing it so far (Scrying, ToT rewards etc).

The furnishing market became very tight (the profit margin of selling furnishings over simply selling mats is not big enough to warrant the former). It was much livelier, when furnishing mats were around 50-100g, and style mats (like Culanda Laquer) were 1500-2000g. I was selling hundreds of furnishing items a week (and they were priced at twice their mat cost, around 8-9k per furnishing). Today if I sell like 20-30 furnishings a week, would be a good week (and there are even less furnishing traders overall for that reason).

Because of this, few people risk selling a variety of furnishings opting to simply sell mats, and what we have is that a week into the patch there is literally no new Apocrypha purple furnishings on sale (so buying furnishings is not even an option)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know many people who enjoy both housing and the Archive — myself included. :) It just feels like the new furnishing plans are too rare or gated behind higher arcs, but time will tell.

Speaking of IC and style pages, I WISH the class style pages worked like that — perfectly fine to be bind on pickup if they’re purchased, so long as that’s clear, as then you just buy them if you actually want them and othwrwise spend your currency elsewhere. But if a style page drops, it should be sellable! :angry:

almost everything that drops in the archive is not tradeable, the only thing that really is archive specific that is tradeable are the furnishings and furnishing plans

all the class gear is temp tradeable as its BOP, all of the collectible pieces are bound, style pages are bound, and of course the leads

i wish we could at least sell the collectible items if they continue to drop even after you finish the collectible
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know many people who enjoy both housing and the Archive — myself included. :) It just feels like the new furnishing plans are too rare or gated behind higher arcs, but time will tell.

Speaking of IC and style pages, I WISH the class style pages worked like that — perfectly fine to be bind on pickup if they’re purchased, so long as that’s clear, as then you just buy them if you actually want them and othwrwise spend your currency elsewhere. But if a style page drops, it should be sellable! :angry:

almost everything that drops in the archive is not tradeable, the only thing that really is archive specific that is tradeable are the furnishings and furnishing plans

all the class gear is temp tradeable as its BOP, all of the collectible pieces are bound, style pages are bound, and of course the leads

i wish we could at least sell the collectible items if they continue to drop even after you finish the collectible

The gear I don’t have a problem with as that’s like dungeons, right? (Although it would be nice if it had a chance to drop a Glass Eye of Mora on decon instead of nothing at all.) But motif and style pages that drop in dungeons have always been tradeable. I don’t know of any other style page that drops but is not tradeable.

Have they not fixed the collectible fragments dropping after finishing the collectible? I thought that was fixed this last patch but I only recently finished the mount and don’t have the others yet.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The gear I don’t have a problem with as that’s like dungeons, right? (Although it would be nice if it had a chance to drop a Glass Eye of Mora on decon instead of nothing at all.) But motif and style pages that drop in dungeons have always been tradeable. I don’t know of any other style page that drops but is not tradeable.

Have they not fixed the collectible fragments dropping after finishing the collectible? I thought that was fixed this last patch but I only recently finished the mount and don’t have the others yet.

on the part of collectibles, from what ive heard they fixed it so you cant buy the collectible pieces if you have the collectibles unlocked (such as from filer ool) but i dont think it stopped them from dropping naturally from what ive heard
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

on the part of collectibles, from what ive heard they fixed it so you cant buy the collectible pieces if you have the collectibles unlocked (such as from filer ool) but i dont think it stopped them from dropping naturally from what ive heard

Edit: Oops, sorry, misread your post at first.
    That’s true, but I believe I also didn’t receive a maligraphic ichor upon completing the daily after having unlocked the mount. I’ll have to check on that. It would be nice if it were then replaced by an extra 1k currency, but oh well! :sweat_smile:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on March 20, 2024 5:15PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s true, but I believe I also didn’t receive a maligraphic ichor upon completing the daily after having unlocked the mount. I’ll have to check on that. It would be nice if it were then replaced by an extra 1k currency, but oh well! :sweat_smile:

once you finish the mount, the daily changes to give you a box of random piece of set gear instead of ichor, but you can still get ichor as a drop randomly from within the archive (it was the rarest of the 4 collectibles to get as a drop but still possible)

my understanding was the only thing they changed is that they removed the ability to buy extras of these collectibles if you have already finished the collectible
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

once you finish the mount, the daily changes to give you a box of random piece of set gear instead of ichor, but you can still get ichor as a drop randomly from within the archive (it was the rarest of the 4 collectibles to get as a drop but still possible)

my understanding was the only thing they changed is that they removed the ability to buy extras of these collectibles if you have already finished the collectible

Ahhh, now it makes sense, thank you!
    Well, they should fix that! Or make the fragments and style pages (if they MUST drop) be salable to the Filers for Archival currency.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahhh, now it makes sense, thank you!
    Well, they should fix that! Or make the fragments and style pages (if they MUST drop) be salable to the Filers for Archival currency.

yeah i wish i could do something with the extra collectibles i have

literally have almost enough collectibles for another skeever pet and body and head markings at this point lol (i finished all 4 collectibles within about a month after archive released lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m doing the IA every week now but have little to show from plans other than all the greens and a few blues of the original set. (U41 not here yet on console.)

I have never got a purple plan even on U40. Also there are lots of leads that I have not got yet. I believe the higher arcs might give a better chance for these, and that could be seen as unfair. Time and/or ability limits how long someone can stay in IA. There are health concerns for spending too much time doing this activity.

I can buy purple and gold plans in traders, but even on console they are 100k and higher. I cannot buy leads at all.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Comment deleted as my views and opinions are not relevant to ZoS.
    Edited by CGPsaint on April 19, 2024 2:09AM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m doing the IA every week now but have little to show from plans other than all the greens and a few blues of the original set. (U41 not here yet on console.)

I have never got a purple plan even on U40. Also there are lots of leads that I have not got yet. I believe the higher arcs might give a better chance for these, and that could be seen as unfair. Time and/or ability limits how long someone can stay in IA. There are health concerns for spending too much time doing this activity.

I can buy purple and gold plans in traders, but even on console they are 100k and higher. I cannot buy leads at all.

I ran the archive several days each week when it first cane out, but only the first arc at first, eventually Tho’at 2.0, and then further, but even so I’ve only made it to arc 5 once on my own with a companion. During those runs I got all the IA leads, 2-4 each where possible (the archival fortune leads only drop once) and several purple Apocrypha plans (at least 2 that I remember specifically as their were plans I was quite excited to get).

On PC NA the purple plans went for several hundred thousand to several million, but I don’t recall seeing any as high as some of the new ones. I could be mistaken. Certainly the prices have fallen quite a bit on the first set, although there are a number, especially light fixtures, that are still listed for several hundred thousand.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on March 21, 2024 5:23AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its RNG

in just the past week ive gotten all 5 new mythic leads + at least 3 new furnishing plans, and i dont usually run past arc 4 anymore (in fact several of the mythic leads i got in an arc 1 clear)

i havent really noticed a drop rate change from low arc to high arc, running into later arcs is just more chances between bosses, marauders, scamps, tho'ats, and bonus portals
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really can only do the first arc on a regular basis, meaning once per week. I had been doing them with a companion, but now I am doing them solo for a better score.

What do you do once you can no longer progress through the puzzle areas? That really limits your ability to get the leads.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been running the Archive almost daily starting a few days after the Witches Festival ended. Never have I gotten a furnishing plan from a cycle boss chest, only from the scamp and marauders, and chests from optional content and Tho'at.

The gold plans can indeed drop at the earlier arcs, they're just rare.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been running the Archive almost daily starting a few days after the Witches Festival ended. Never have I gotten a furnishing plan from a cycle boss chest, only from the scamp and marauders, and chests from optional content and Tho'at.

Arc 1 doesn’t have a marauder, and rarely has the Pilferer in my experience.

So if you only do one arc, and are stuck at the puzzles, you really have only one chest from which you might get the plan. I don’t know if leads are the same.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All cycle bosses drop exactly the following for me and nothing more:

- Archival fortunes
    - Gold
    - One treasure item
    - One standard set piece
    - One piece of companion gear (sometimes)
    - One repair kit (sometimes)
    - One empty soul gem

Though I DID get one of the new furnishing plans yesterday from Gw!
    Edited by cyclonus11 on March 25, 2024 7:41PM
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So if you only do one arc, and are stuck at the puzzles, you really have only one chest from which you might get the plan. I don’t know if leads are the same.

In my experience, leads never drop from cycle boss chests, but only from the same sources as the furnishing plans.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In my experience, leads never drop from cycle boss chests, but only from the same sources as the furnishing plans.

So if this is true, this is a real problem and I hope the devs will address it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if you've gotten blue or purple new, U41 Apocrypha furnishing plans below Arc 4-6?

After 2 weeks of daily IA runs since U41 launched, I have:
    • > 200K Archival Fortunes
    • Full bound Arcanist style unlocked (don't even want)
    • More bound styles, for classes I don't even have (starting to delete them)
    • Full Ayleid Torc, + on a 2nd round of leads for another (also don't need)
    • Unlocked several other antiquities 3/3+

But only ONE, maybe two, U41 purple furniture plans, only beyond Arc 4+. Only a couple of U41 blues and greens dropped.

Also, annoyingly, GW and other "chest"-loot-table containers beyond Arc 4 have dropped old green plans.

The style pages and armor pieces drop tons, and you can even buy them from the Filers additionally. I wish the Filers would also sell crates with random furnishing plans.
    Edited by MoonPile on March 24, 2024 8:47PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoonPile wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if you've gotten blue or purple new, U41 Apocrypha furnishing plans below Arc 4-6?

But only ONE, maybe two, U41 purple furniture plans, only beyond Arc 4+. Only a couple of U41 blues and greens dropped.

Also, annoyingly, GW and other "chest"-loot-table containers beyond Arc 4 have dropped old green plans.

The style pages and armor pieces drop tons, and you can even buy them from the Filers additionally. I wish the Filers would also sell crates with random furnishing plans.

Agreed! I’m glad the drop rate for the leads is good and it wasn’t hard to finish the codex on those I wanted, but the drop rates for the new furnishing plans and, I believe, the books, is really abysmal. At least the may be bought over time from Filer Ool. Green plans are supposed to be common! Since U41, I’ve gotten two green and one blue of the new plans. I’m afraid I didn’t make note of the arc and source, but I think they were from Arc 4 or beyond. I think some people in our guilds who have only done the earlier arcs haven’t seen any yet. I agree, it would be great if we could buy a folio with a random furnishing plan similar to the zone-specific folios you can get with master writ vouchers.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a blue furnishing plan for an Apocrypha door from either arc 1 or 2. I rarely venture into arc 3 as I find it not worth the time.

Edit: and I agree that the drop rate is terrible.
    Edited by ESO_player123 on March 25, 2024 1:50AM
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a blue furnishing plan for an Apocrypha door from either arc 1 or 2. I rarely venture into arc 3 as I find it not worth the time.

I have run the archive 8-9 times solo. Have gotten in to arc 5 twice, arc 4 a few times and the end of arc 3 a few times. In all, I have received one of the new green plans, and two blue plans. All three plans have either come from the loot goblins or marauders. None from chests. And I do all the portals (about 80% completion) and kill all the loot goblins and marauders (again I’d say about 80% completion). For the time invested, the drop rate is abysmal. I haven’t noticed any correlation with drop rate and arc number. I got my first blue plan last week fairly early in a run, either arc 2 or 3. I’ve been mid way through arc 5 twice, and neither time got a plan.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add: cycle boss chests also have a rare chance to drop book furnishings, as I've gotten a few from them without the loot goblin in the room, but like others here have said, the good loot comes from all the optional/side stuff and tho'at.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Update on my previous response:
    I got a gold plan from Arc 2 and purple from Arc 3 today. So, yes, technically they drop from lower arcs.
    Edited by ESO_player123 on March 25, 2024 5:53AM
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me new U41 furnishing plans (i got 4 greens at this moment after ..well.. i don't count my runs, but not a lot) only from:
    - loot goblins
    - marauders
    - quest extra rooms chests
    Urns in Archive drop base game and Necrom furnishing plans, mostly green and blue, seems to be not affected by 15 minutes cooldown, and affected by Homemaker green CP star.
    U41 plans are not dropping in 2x due to Homemaker, but my statistics is too humble to make conclusion about that. There is also no sense t talk about cooldowns as i never got loot goblins, marauders, or extra rooms in less than 15 minutes interval.
    i normally play solo and seldom reach Arc 4.

From my humble point of view: the drop rate of new plans is abysmal, considering average man-hours required to farm one recipe (and the new plans prices at Guild Traders clearly confirm that).
    PC EU
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Antiquity Leads for the Torc of the Last Ayleid King Mythic item will now drop more reliably.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    I really don't understand the patch notes on this item because I have unlocked 2 and a bit Mythics for this item in my runs for furniture plans so they are dropping for me all the time yet these furniture plans have not dropped once.

I have done Arc 1-4 everyday (multiple runs on weekends) since launch of Update and not received a single furnishing plan drop from end of boss chests, marauders or even side quest chests, nothing.

Can you please get the team to investigate? I have submitted many in-game ticket requests and will continue to submit everyday they dont drop for me or till we get some kind of communication regarding it. Thank you.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    - Antiquity Leads for the Torc of the Last Ayleid King Mythic item will now drop more reliably.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    I really don't understand the patch notes on this item because I have unlocked 2 and a bit Mythics for this item in my runs for furniture plans so they are dropping for me all the time yet these furniture plans have not dropped once.

I have done Arc 1-4 everyday (multiple runs on weekends) since launch of Update and not received a single furnishing plan drop from end of boss chests, marauders or even side quest chests, nothing.

Can you please get the team to investigate? I have submitted many in-game ticket requests and will continue to submit everyday they dont drop for me or till we get some kind of communication regarding it. Thank you.

And the patch notes are saying that the Leads will drop more often now.

Edited by Dragonnord on March 26, 2024 2:21PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

And the patch notes is saying that the Leads will drop more often now.

I’m not sure the lead drop rate was that much of a problem. Like others have said, the leads are way more reliable than new furnishing plans. I have run the archive 8 or 9 times and have all the new mythic leads. Most, if not all, of the leads came from side portal chests. In my experience, the best drops come from side portal chests, loot goblins, and marauders.