The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Infinite Archive Furnishing Plans

carlos424
carlos424
✭✭✭✭✭
Can anyone confirm that new furnishing plans are dropping from Infinite Archive? Patch notes say 28 new furnishing plans will drop from chests. I’m assuming all three qualities: green, blue, and purple. I opened approximately 20 different chests, and did not receive any. So either pretty bad rng or maybe not dropping. Just don’t want to waste hours in there if they are not dropping. Thanks
Edited by carlos424 on March 14, 2024 11:13AM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are dropping.
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that new furnishing plans are dropping from Infinite Archive? Patch notes say 28 new furnishing plans will drop from chests. I’m assuming all three qualities: green, blue, and purple. I opened 20-25 different chests, and did not receive any. So either pretty bad rng or maybe not dropping. Just don’t want to waste hours in there if they are not dropping. Thanks

They do not drop from quest coffers. As the patch notes say, they drop from the chests. The chests after every boss or in side quest. We got one from the side quest coffer.
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • Mesonyx
    Mesonyx
    ✭✭✭
    I got only 1 (green) from a chest after a boss during the course of 4 Arcs; I think drop rate is very low compared to other items that drop from IA.
  • ForMalacath
    ForMalacath
    ✭✭✭
    PSA. Always check / loot the containers near the vendors in the IA lobby area. Managed to get some decent furnishing plans from them over time
    In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great. Force people interested in housing into IA.

Bah.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bah.

You can buy them from traders, I think the drop rate for plans is good in the IA, so there will be more in the market in a while. Or you can ask a friend/guildie who has the recipe to make you the furnishing.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bah.

IA is pretty easy early on.

you can always buy plans in guild traders if that hurdle is too high.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Bah.

You can buy them from traders, I think the drop rate for plans is good in the IA, so there will be more in the market in a while. Or you can ask a friend/guildie who has the recipe to make you the furnishing.

This is true. As much as I want to collect the plans as well, it’s good that they retain value. And as you said, you can still buy or trade for the crafted furnishing from others.

What I really wish ZOS would increase the droprate on is books from the Archive, Scrivener’s Hall, and Bastion Nymic! :( Since those items are bound, there is no possibility to buy them.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bah.

This is true. As much as I want to collect the plans as well, it’s good that they retain value. And as you said, you can still buy or trade for the crafted furnishing from others.

What I really wish ZOS would increase the droprate on is books from the Archive, Scrivener’s Hall, and Bastion Nymic! :( Since those items are bound, there is no possibility to buy them.

I can't say for Scriveners and Bastion book drop rate, but archives I have books coming out of my ears, I really don't need them any more frequently! My antiquarians gallery has piles of books all over the place plus I've stuffed a load in my storage house
    Soupy twist
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

Bah.

I can't say for Scriveners and Bastion book drop rate, but archives I have books coming out of my ears, I really don't need them any more frequently! My antiquarians gallery has piles of books all over the place plus I've stuffed a load in my storage house

They seemed frequent to me at first too, but now I can run three arcs without getting one. Plus there are several I would particularly like that have never dropped for me (and yes, the character running the Archive has read them), including Materials for Novice Necromancers. I wish they hadn’t tied the books to having read them and thus made them bind on pickup! It would be great if those such as yourself who get more than you want could sell them.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never have I seen so much resistance to playing the game for rewards when they finally add them. :|
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    Never have I seen so much resistance to playing the game for rewards when they finally add them. :|

That’s not fair. I enjoy running the Archive, Scrivener’s Hall, and Bastion Nymic, but the drops are just sooo infrequent. I’ve yet to get a single book from either of the latter. I’ve gotten all the leads from the Archive several times over, but I’ve yet to get most of the books.

I like to feel like I’m making progress toward a goal, not playing the lottery. At least Filer Ool sells two of the books each week, so hopefully I can still eventually get them all.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on March 12, 2024 2:20PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

Bah.

They seemed frequent to me at first too, but now I can run three arcs without getting one. Plus there are several I would particularly like that have never dropped for me (and yes, the character running the Archive has read them), including Materials for Novice Necromancers. I wish they hadn’t tied the books to having read them and thus made them bind on pickup! It would be great if those such as yourself who get more than you want could sell them.

I would love to sell them! And that materials for novice necros was one of the first I picked up. My last run I got 5 books (I think that was to arc 6) but these days they are all duplicates
    Soupy twist
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bah.

I sell all the plans I pick up in game that my crafter alt already knows in the guild store. And I do the daily quest for IA sometimes, even though IA is not my favorite content.

I'm sure you can find these furnishing plans for sale in guild stores.
  • TheDink
    TheDink
    ✭✭✭
    I got a purple one and it instantly sold for 1 mill on guild trader! I wonder if I should've listed for higher..
    Also known as One Calorie
    HAIL NIGHT BLADER

rip bwb
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balastar wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that new furnishing plans are dropping from Infinite Archive? Patch notes say 28 new furnishing plans will drop from chests. I’m assuming all three qualities: green, blue, and purple. I opened 20-25 different chests, and did not receive any. So either pretty bad rng or maybe not dropping. Just don’t want to waste hours in there if they are not dropping. Thanks

They do not drop from quest coffers. As the patch notes say, they drop from the chests. The chests after every boss or in side quest. We got one from the side quest coffer.

Ya. I got to the final boss of arc 3. So was at 3/5/2 and had not seen even a green plan. I estimated probably 20+ chests, including side areas.
    Probably should run it again. Guess I’m due. But two hours (solo), doing side crap and all, is a helluva time sink. What’s worse is that I already have everything else out of there, so not much else to get. *** I did get 2 of the new style pages, so that’s something. Unfortunately, character bound.
    Edited by carlos424 on March 14, 2024 11:15AM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Balastar wrote: »

Ya. I got to the final boss of arc 3. So was at 3/5/2 and had not seen even a green plan. I estimated probably 22-25 chests, including side areas.
    Probably should run it again. Guess I’m due. But two hours (solo), doing side crap and all, is a helluva time sink. What’s worse is that I already have everything else out of there, so not much else to get. *** I did get 2 of the new style pages, so that’s something. Unfortunately, character bound.

I only got one, had several short runs 2-3 arcs.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran it again last night. Got to round 4/5/3. Estimate about 25 chests. Got one green furnishing plan off a loot scamp during a boss fight. Still have received none from chests (approximately 45 chests). They look to be pretty tough drops.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a lot of green/blue apocrypha furnishings plans plus seemingly random designs from everywhere from looting the urns in each of the cycle stages with adds. It’s mostly lock picks or low quality white gear but every 20 or so urns it’s something that contains two furnishings plans: an apocrypha furnishing plan and a furnishing plan from a random zone. (Oddly consistent)

(The urns start to lower in number after arc 1 though for some reason)

I may have gotten a purple at one time from an urn but not sure if I recall that correctly.

This is for anyone that might be having an issue finding greens/blues.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    I get a lot of green/blue apocrypha furnishings plans plus seemingly random designs from everywhere from looting the urns in each of the cycle stages with adds. It’s mostly lock picks or low quality white gear but every 20 or so urns it’s something that contains two furnishings plans: an apocrypha furnishing plan and a furnishing plan from a random zone. (Oddly consistent)

(The urns start to lower in number after arc 1 though for some reason)

I may have gotten a purple at one time from an urn but not sure if I recall that correctly.

This is for anyone that might be having an issue finding greens/blues.

Yes, when you enter the lobby area you can loot desks, urns, etc., around the vendor locations. There are also loot-able urns throughout the archive arenas that can drop necrom/apocrypha furnishing plans. However, with this new update, there are 28 furnishing plans that can only be obtained (supposedly) through chests (boss/side portals). For me, they have been almost impossible drops. I have not received a single one from chests. The only one I got was a green plan from a loot scamp, during a boss round. I have also looted many urns, and have found none of the new plans. Being as scarce as they seem to be, and with the limited amount of people running the archives, I would imagine the prices of these new plans will be quite high for some time.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing has dropped after almost 100+ runs of IA, [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 18, 2024 10:44AM
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing has dropped after almost 100+ runs of IA, [snip]

Absolutely. Despite new plans being added, it's actually been less rewarding than it was before u41. Feels like bastion nymic all over again.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 18, 2024 10:44AM
  • PapaTankers
    PapaTankers
    ✭✭✭
    I have done about 20 or so arcs combined since update launched. Looted all the urns where they were aviable.
    So far I have gotten 2 new apocrypha recepies.
    One from the goblin during bossround and one from marauder. None from chests.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done about 20 or so arcs combined since update launched. Looted all the urns where they were aviable.
    So far I have gotten 2 new apocrypha recepies.
    One from the goblin during bossround and one from marauder. None from chests.

I got my one green plan from a loot goblin as well. I wonder if anyone can verify that new plans are actually dropping from chests, as was stated in the announcement. We know they can drop from marauders and loot goblins. If they can drop from all these sources, that would increase my loot drops chances to about 45 chests and maybe another 10 chances between marauders and loot goblins. Received one green recipe, and I believe 3 of the new style pages.
    Edited by carlos424 on March 14, 2024 4:53PM
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Chests:

In IA, boss and Unknown Portal chests share the same loot table with GW the imp and marauders. So "chests" in the patch notes means all of the above. But, AFAIK and per reports in guilds, not urns/nightstands/etc (Some people skip those to avoid an old purple + cooldown)

Could anyone confirm: From what I've seen and heard, chances of blues and purples seem to increase with arcs. From Arc 5-6 in duos, we got blue and purple plans. Then I did just Arc 1 on a different toon and got 2 greens from Tho'at's chest. So is there no hope of getting blue/purple plans for anyone who can only do lower arcs?

And there seems to be a cooldown. I got to Arc 5 on two different runs today, but only the first round dropped any new plans. Zero the second time, hours later.

I've never gotten a gold since IA launched. There are no new IA gold drops in U41, but I assume the old gold bookcases only drop at even higher arcs.

Edited by MoonPile on March 16, 2024 6:58AM
  • PapaTankers
    PapaTankers
    ✭✭✭
    I can now confirm they drop from chests also. Got new blue plan from arc2 final boss chest yesterday.
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    I have already confirmed in this thread the new furnishing plans drop from chests. I have got one from unknown portal chest, one from arc boss chest and one from thoat chest. These plans just seem very rare. Yesterday we ran 3 arcs and got no drop even though there was numerous unknown portals and scamps. At least we got one style page. 😆
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    I get a lot of green/blue apocrypha furnishings plans plus seemingly random designs from everywhere from looting the urns in each of the cycle stages with adds. It’s mostly lock picks or low quality white gear but every 20 or so urns it’s something that contains two furnishings plans: an apocrypha furnishing plan and a furnishing plan from a random zone.

These are all old plans. We talk about the new structural plans.
    EU/PC trading guild:
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bah.

They go for several million on pc NA. I don't call that good lol.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoonPile wrote: »
    Re: Chests:

In IA, boss and Unknown Portal chests share the same loot table with GW the imp and marauders. So "chests" in the patch notes means all of the above. But, AFAIK and per reports in guilds, not urns/nightstands/etc (Some people skip those to avoid an old purple + cooldown)

Could anyone confirm: From what I've seen and heard, chances of blues and purples seem to increase with arcs. From Arc 5-6 in duos, we got blue and purple plans. Then I did just Arc 1 on a different toon and got 2 greens from Tho'at's chest. So is there no hope of getting blue/purple plans for anyone who can only do lower arcs?

And there seems to be a cooldown. I got to Arc 5 on two different runs today, but only the first round dropped any new plans. Zero the second time, hours later.

I've never gotten a gold since IA launched. There are no new IA gold drops in U41, but I assume the old gold bookcases only drop at even higher arcs.

I got a gold older one in arc 2 or 3, once, think it came off a marauder? It's been a while.

I haven't been past arc 4.