The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Customized Action for runes does not properly work after Update40

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
I bought 2 Customized Actions for runes: 1) Ashen Runegathering 2) Reach Witch Removal. Both are working every now and then after Update40. When they do not work my character stands still in front of the rune to collect and then I just see the material enter the inventory. This bug does not occur by disabling the Customized Action.
Edited by Rishikesa108 on November 6, 2023 2:54AM
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here a video to see this bad bug.
    I've bought two Customized Actions for runes, and now they do not work (after Update40)

https://youtu.be/8CH6okn_OlM
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may or may not be related, but Iv definitely seen this sort of issue in the past independent of customized actions. The character just stands there, and then the resource magically gets harvested with no animation done.
    Edited by Billium813 on November 7, 2023 11:12PM
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    This may or may not be related, but Iv definitely seen this sort of issue in the past independent of customized actions. The character just stands there, and then the resource magically gets harvested with no animation done.

In my case this problem occurred ONLY after Update40 and ONLY with an active Customized Action specific for runes.
    It happens 5 times out of 10, i.e. 50% of the times I pick up a rune.
  • Llether
    Llether
    Billium813 wrote: »

Yep I totaly agree with that, already seen that with previous builds, I would say since U38. Often bugged with this same customized action for runes, but I experienced also with the other customized I have, the druid bird for plants...
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Kevin

I opened a ticket for this issue, number 231121-003543.

Then I also opened an ingame bug report, as suggested by the customer support, ticket number 231124-002243.

Nobody fixed this problem, but I have bought with real money (crown store) two items that are not properly functioning.

I'm asking for a fix or even a partial refund of the crowns spent for these two items.
    I honestly would prefer them to be fixed
    I am waiting for an answer, thank you
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for tagging us here. Before we pass this along, have you tried disabling any mods you may be running? Just want to make sure a mod is not impacting the customized action.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_Kevin , thanks for your reply.
    I've disabled all my addons and made another video here:

https://youtu.be/0RxFIUcmokY

As you can see the bug is still present.
    I'm waiting for a fix :-)
    Thank you
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was having this problem but the last update seems to have sorted it for me as the animation plays now. It was only the rune gathering animations affected.

On a similar vein, there is no gathering animation at all for the clams, never has been. Intended?
    Edited by Wildberryjack on December 7, 2023 8:25PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Rishikesa108 We have passed this along to our teams for investigation. We'll update once we have more information.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @Rishikesa108 We have passed this along to our teams for investigation. We'll update once we have more information.

Thank you very much
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Hello there :-)
    Is there some news about this bug ?
    Can we have more information please ?
    Right now my two runes Customized Actions do not properly work.
    Thank you
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm concerned with the whole "Styling" addition coming out, when they cannot even get the Customized Actions they already have to work consistently. For me, the rune collecting customized action seems to work maybe 40% of the time, the rest of the time the character just stands there with the red glowing dagger- no action occurring.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I'm concerned with the whole "Styling" addition coming out, when they cannot even get the Customized Actions they already have to work consistently. For me, the rune collecting customized action seems to work maybe 40% of the time, the rest of the time the character just stands there with the red glowing dagger- no action occurring.

This is the same issue that I'm having. The same that you could see in my two videos in this thread.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Why didn't you fix this bug with U41 ?
    When will we have this bug fixed, given that we players bought two items from the crown store, which now don't work as they should?

@ZOS_Kevin