The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cancelled Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition for console. 100$ of savings!

• Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭
    I want to thank ZOS for posting advising they would like to keep the thread open. I hope that others see this and take note that this is not just some complaint thread, and understand that it is a valid concern.

As a PC only player, it may not be YOUR concern, but that does not make it invalid.

I would just like to point out, where I really feel the ball got dropped, and the opportunity to communicate was lost.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/05/01/the-road-ahead---may-1st?ref=home

The road ahead, speaks nothing of the console version. Not even a "We can't wait to have console players join our ranks" or any of that usual "hyping up" that developers use when giving updates.

The lack of concern about where they are at with console development, makes me wonder if there is even going to be anyone playing.

I dunno, had the situation be reversed (Console released first/ PC (June*)) these forums would surely be at a completely different tone.
  • Torvos
    Torvos
    Soul Shriven
    How often have you seen any type of beta test for a console game? its more or less unheard of, they have more than enough testing power and man hours between their in house and private firm testers for two measly systems. you people are crazy for thinking they need a public beta test for console ESO. only reason they would do it it to be sure they have enough power to handle volume, that is what early access is for
  • Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭
    Torvos wrote: »
    How often have you seen any type of beta test for a console game? its more or less unheard of, they have more than enough testing power and man hours between their in house and private firm testers for two measly systems. you people are crazy for thinking they need a public beta test for console ESO. only reason they would do it it to be sure they have enough power to handle volume, that is what early access is for

I don't know if your just uninformed, or just like wasting your time. Your personal opinion of what you feel needs to be done has nothing to do with what has already been expected. E3 - 2013 - PS4 to receive Beta Test exclusively (first between consoles probably).

FFXIV - PS4 beta
    Destiny - PS4 /XBone beta
    Every game in todays world - Beta
    Hello? Welcome to 2014.
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Pre-ordering any game always seems very foolish to me unless you love beta testing issues at your cost. I would prefer at this point playing the game with a controller but I'm very interested to see how this works out on the PS4/One and how that might translate to eventually using the 360 controller in the PC game?
  • DakotaCoty
    DakotaCoty
    ✭✭✭
    Cudda wrote: »
    FFXIV - PS4 beta
    Hello? Welcome to 2014.

You listed 2 games.

Edited by DakotaCoty on May 7, 2014 6:13PM
    EU player
    http://tinyurl.com/10VampGuide
    www.twitter.com/DakotaKavanagh
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    Resipsa131 wrote: »
    How will ZOS ever make enough profits to sustain the $400.00 dollar loss from you and your friends returning your pre-order? Without your contributions ZOS won't be able to hire for ongoing projects and then the game will die. Why are you being so selfish? Why?

They are not making profit, that's the problem. They have a 200 million dollar hole they have to fill, and it may be half way full. As just some gamer, you have no clue. As a person in business where they are looking to make money its a bigger deal than "400$" as that easily turns to thousands.

Its called the trickle effect, it can take 1 person, to stop 100s of playing.

This game isn't going to survive by Forum warriors, it will only survive by word of mouth.

If i don't play, my friends don't play, if they don't play, their friends don't play, see how that works?

I would think, most of the time. People stay in games due to that's where majority of their friends are (See WoW).

While i am not surprised by the amount of uneducated posts i see talking about how someone hopes the console is cancelled/fails (do you not know that they spent thousands/hundreds of thousands to develop for consoles) and how it would impact the whole company as a whole.

Basically that would be unrecoverable costs, that the PC player base is already doing poorly at recouping.

In today's market, if ESO is to only depend on their PC player base, they are on a sinking ship. I expect a lot of people that played Skyrim, to give this a try. From what sites I visited, this is the amount of skyrim players, 59% were for the Xbox 360, 27% for the PS3, and 14% for the PC.

thats all the time im going to spend on that.
    You can't be serious, 1 person and his 4 friends that haven't even played the game aren't going to make or break the net profits from this game. As an industry insider I know that new entries into markets are often loss leaders this is the first attempt to take TES in a new direction something a casual gamer like yourself would know nothing about.

This game is going to survive by porting it to consoles and making money off subscriptions from XboxOne and PS4 playerbase. The goodwill built up from Morrowwind, Oblivion, and Skyrim console players will mean huge day one sales. and the subscriptions will be gravy on top of what they've already made in profit. For every 1 person that hates this game on PC there are 10 that are telling their friends how fun the game.

I never said anything about the console version failing in my post; that's you projecting something onto me something a casual gamer such as yourself would do, so I forgive you.
  • Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭
    Resipsa131 wrote: »
    You can't be serious, 1 person and his 4 friends that haven't even played the game aren't going to make or break the net profits from this game. As an industry insider I know that new entries into markets are often loss leaders this is the first attempt to take TES in a new direction something a casual gamer like yourself would know nothing about.

This game is going to survive by porting it to consoles and making money off subscriptions from XboxOne and PS4 playerbase. The goodwill built up from Morrowwind, Oblivion, and Skyrim console players will mean huge day one sales. and the subscriptions will be gravy on top of what they've already made in profit. For every 1 person that hates this game on PC there are 10 that are telling their friends how fun the game.

I never said anything about the console version failing in my post; that's you projecting something onto me something a casual gamer such as yourself would do, so I forgive you.

As an "insider" your "knowledge" of the play ground is severely lacking. I guess as a "casual" gamer I should be happy that a "unknowledgeable insider" cares to explain theory that any other consumer pulls from their ass.

As an "insider" thinking that I am the only person doing this, shows how little you know. So, explaining any further would be a waste of time of a casual player.
    DakotaCoty wrote: »
    FFXIV - PS4 beta
    Hello? Welcome to 2014.

You listed 2 games.

Your too lazy to figure it out, I could care less of any of your useless posts anyway. Had any of your posts be worth reading, I may had taken the time to prove the case, but anyone with sense knows betas are common day demos.
    Edited by Cudda on May 7, 2014 6:26PM
  • DakotaCoty
    DakotaCoty
    ✭✭✭
    I could care less of any of your useless posts anyway.

That's why you've made a goodbye thread and are still commenting on it just to get responses...

And while we're on the subject of being 'too lazy' how about your grammar?.. That's a pretty ***-poor attempt at grammar, some would say it was lazy.
    EU player
  • Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭
    DakotaCoty wrote: »
    I could care less of any of your useless posts anyway.

That's why you've made a goodbye thread and are still commenting on it just to get responses...

And while we're on the subject of being 'too lazy' how about your grammar?.. That's a pretty ***-poor attempt at grammar, some would say it was lazy.

Yup, the initial issue is still unresolved. I will continue to respond until the thread is closed as not valid any longer, or the issue is resolved.

Any further posts that have nothing useful to be added will be reported as such, thanks for your lack of contribution.
  • ErythorBloodsheild
    ErythorBloodsheild
    ✭✭✭
    I've been patiently waiting for information about the console version(s). Being primarily a console gamer, I skipped on the opportunity to get the PC version. I did play the beta, and did so about 2-3 different weekends. Had a good experience but I suck with a keyboard, and my PC isn't the greatest for gaming. The console versions are suppose to be identical to the PC version, so any info on content added/updated is good to hear about. The main gripe I most hear and agree with, is the lack of acknowledgement. The word "Soon" has been the most thrown around word in regards to the info we seek. I personally could really care less about any beta. That's not why I'm concerned. I'd just like to know where they're at in the development of the console version. If it's going to be delayed, that's fine. If it's coming along on schedule, that's fantastic! However, we know nothing and are in the dark, which is never fun. I'm not bitter, I'm just as curious as many others. Just something to put our minds at ease will suffice.
    Edited by ErythorBloodsheild on May 8, 2014 3:44AM
  • Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭
    So many IGN has found the leak. I understand that maybe ZeniMax is working on their Blog to provide a good explanation, and I am fine with that.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/08/the-elder-scrolls-online-ps4-and-xbox-one-reportedly-delayed?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

In short, console version delayed til 2015.
  • DakotaCoty
    DakotaCoty
    ✭✭✭
    "have concluded that we’ll need about six months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve."

Enjoy.
    EU player