The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cancelled Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition for console. 100$ of savings!

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zargorius wrote: »
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Cudda wrote: »
    Due to the lack of information for the console versions, I have cancelled my Imperial Edition PS4 pre-order. Since it was completely paid off, I now have 100$ to spend on something else. It is unfortunate that ZoS has decided to keep players in the dark about the console version with nearly less than a month left.

No Betas, No discussions. I expect the game to be delayed for consoles. Just disappointment after disappointment. I know of at least 4 other people that also cancelled, that's a loss of 400$. I am sure the game will be easily gotten for 40$ shortly after release due to it's shortcomings.

Sure, people will rush to defend ZoS, but there is no excuse for the lack of communication. It has NOTHING to do with the PC version, so the pisspoor excuse many users will use is invalid. The Console team could care less what the PC team is doing.
    Farewell.
    If only we could be so lucky. I really hope posting on here needs an active game account so all these whiners will be out of here by the weekend.

Don't worry, come the weekend you will be left all alone to play in your "sandbox". Good luck with that.

Just in case we didn't realize your 'colors'..... you forgot 'delusional fanboi' and all the other niceties your people spew generally though

disappointed :(
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    Due to the lack of information for the console versions, I have cancelled my Imperial Edition PS4 pre-order. Since it was completely paid off, I now have 100$ to spend on something else. It is unfortunate that ZoS has decided to keep players in the dark about the console version with nearly less than a month left.

No Betas, No discussions. I expect the game to be delayed for consoles. Just disappointment after disappointment. I know of at least 4 other people that also cancelled, that's a loss of 400$. I am sure the game will be easily gotten for 40$ shortly after release due to it's shortcomings.

Sure, people will rush to defend ZoS, but there is no excuse for the lack of communication. It has NOTHING to do with the PC version, so the pisspoor excuse many users will use is invalid. The Console team could care less what the PC team is doing.
    Farewell.
    If only we could be so lucky. I really hope posting on here needs an active game account so all these whiners will be out of here by the weekend.

Don't worry, come the weekend you will be left all alone to play in your "sandbox". Good luck with that.

Just in case we didn't realize your 'colors'..... you forgot 'delusional fanboi' and all the other niceties your people spew generally though

"your colors"? "your people"? Zenimax just lost 2 subs, are you happy with that? You do realise that each person leaving gets this game closer to its death?
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Farewell.

"your colors"? "your people"? Zenimax just lost 2 subs, are you happy with that? You do realise that each person leaving gets this game closer to its death?

Sometimes you just cant please certain people. So a couple subs left big deal. Hell if everyone who posted on this forum in the last week quit today that would still only equal about 10% of the total population.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Farewell.

WOW! TWO SUBS!!!!

Honestly, if everyone leaving is like you, it's just good news. But stick to your mantra! Never give up! Never surrender! Have fun trolling Wildstar
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭

Farewell.

WOW! TWO SUBS!!!!

Honestly, if everyone leaving is like you, it's just good news. But stick to your mantra! Never give up! Never surrender! Have fun trolling Wildstar

Yeah Wildstar, of course. Have fun trolling the forums Mr Useful Idi0t
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Farewell.

WOW! TWO SUBS!!!!

Or whatever game you'll jump onto to whine. EQ NEXT? AA?
    Doesn't matter, the song stays the same
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭

Farewell.

WOW! TWO SUBS!!!!

Chivalry actually, I enjoy dueling. Besides that, I will probably sell my gaming PC, ESO was the last drop, I need to stop wasting my time with this crap.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why are we arguing? The problem with these threads is there is nothing here to see except for some inability to do research before purchasing a game and buying it anyway, only to blame the game for their own decision to spend $...
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So why are we arguing? The problem with these threads is there is nothing here to see except for some inability to do research before purchasing a game and buying it anyway, only to blame the game for their own decision to spend $...

The OP prob expects a personal phone call from Zenimax every day to update him on the status of the console version.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Farewell.

WOW! TWO SUBS!!!!

Chivalry actually, I enjoy dueling. Besides that, I will probably sell my gaming PC, ESO was the last drop, I need to stop wasting my time with this crap.

Well then seen xbone and ps4, you might wanna stay away form consoles too, no jokes here
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I am just way too old to understand this, but when did public beta testing of console games become a thing?

I can for the life of me remember any game where there were these petulant people demanding basically free early access to the game on any console.

Now you have Ps4/Xone and you get the QQ from the PC crowd now influxed into the console crowd. Does this mean the QQ of the console world will filter back up into the PC world.

Are we in the matrix wtf?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The OP prob expects a personal phone call from Zenimax every day to update him on the status of the console version.

OR wanted to be in closed beta and is shocked ZOS forgot about him
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

Farewell.

WOW! TWO SUBS!!!!

Have you ever considered not trolling the forums for the game you supposedly love so much? All you do is insult people. You are probably the most negative person on the entire forum. "Never give up?" Indeed.

Try not to get so upset every time someone has a differing opinion, ok? I am truly sorry the game is a bit mediocre and a lot of people don't like it but you are going to have to learn how to deal with that.
    Edited by Gohlar on May 7, 2014 12:38PM
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »

Farewell.

WOW! TWO SUBS!!!!

There is a sick type of desperation to the way you post. Have you ever considered not trolling the forums for the game you supposedly love so much? All you do is insult people. You are probably the most negative person on the entire forum.

Try not to get so upset every time someone has a differing opinion, ok? I am truly sorry the game is a bit mediocre and a lot of people don't like it but you are going to have to learn how to deal with that.

LOL Gohlar ALL your posts are indirect insults to people (practically anyone who likes the game is some sort of *** for you...) ALL.

And you come out with this pathetic flame attempts? You know what they say of people who act like you? They hide an inferiority complex. Thanks for existing though kisses :)
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Maybe I am just way too old to understand this, but when did public beta testing of console games become a thing?

I can for the life of me remember any game where there were these petulant people demanding basically free early access to the game on any console.

Now you have Ps4/Xone and you get the QQ from the PC crowd now influxed into the console crowd. Does this mean the QQ of the console world will filter back up into the PC world.

You can't blame the kids too much. Gamers are being trained by the devs industrywide that betas are for getting in some free play time in a new game. The sense of entitlement is strong.

If ZOS is committed to releasing eso on console, they should take their time and release a less buggy version than the PC release if they want any chance at the monthly subscription money. Eso might not recover from a bad release on consoles. Console players tend to be less forgiving than PC gamers imho.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    yodased wrote: »

You can't blame the kids too much. Gamers are being trained by the devs industrywide that betas are for getting in some free play time in a new game. The sense of entitlement is strong.

If ZOS is committed to releasing eso on console, they should take their time and release a less buggy version than the PC release if they want any chance at the monthly subscription money. Eso might not recover from a bad release on consoles. Console players tend to be less forgiving than PC gamers imho.

Well that was probably when you just plugged the cartridge in an played. Nowaday you need to install the game, download the day0 patch, then uninstall because the patch screwed up... :)
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL Gohlar ALL your posts are indirect insults to people (practically anyone who likes the game is some sort of *** for you...) ALL.

And you come out with this pathetic flame attempts? You know what they say of people who act like you? They hide an inferiority complex. Thanks for existing though kisses :)

And here's your problem, you consider criticism against the game a personal insult. I couldn't even begin to count the names you've called others on this forum. You really need to learn to control yourself when having a discussion.

Get it together Muth, all you are doing is making people hate the game.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And here's your problem, you consider criticism against the game a personal insult. I couldn't even begin to count the names you've called others on this forum. You really need to learn to control yourself when having a discussion.

Criticism is one thing, saying "this game is mediocre and amateurial and only people with low or no standards can like it and defend it because they are delusional".. not so much
    99% of your posts are like that. people are free to check my post history and yours :).
    Edited by ZOS_AnaP on May 7, 2014 1:53PM
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

Criticism is one thing, saying "this game is mediocre and amateurial and only people with low or no standards can like it and defend it because they are delusional".. not so much
    99% of your posts are like that. people are free to check my post history and yours :).

I also detect a hint of desperation in your tone?have the mods been bad with you, poor gohlie? LOL have a nice afternoon ;)

That's not what I said. It's really kind of crazy how you work yourself up like this. It's like you're having an argument with yourself and getting angry over it.

Are you familiar with the concept of projection?

If you can't talk about talk about anything without flipping out like this, you should step away from the forum.
    Edited by Gohlar on May 7, 2014 1:03PM
  • TrillBilly
    TrillBilly
    ✭✭
    Melian wrote: »
    Isn't this a "goodbye" post? Don't those get locked?
    Guy can't read.... GG anyways...Just sayn.
  • trinta
    trinta
    ✭✭✭
    And here's your problem, you consider criticism against the game a personal insult.

Pretty sure Mutharex is part of the pro-AH crowd, therefore your statement must be false.

...but maybe I have him confused with some other M name. /shrug
    Edited by trinta on May 7, 2014 1:16PM
    Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also detect a hint of desperation in your tone?have the mods been bad with you, poor gohlie? LOL have a nice afternoon ;)

That's not what I said. It's really kind of crazy how you work yourself up like this. It's like you're having an argument with yourself and getting angry over it.

Are you familiar with the concept of projection?

If you can't talk about talk about anything without flipping out like this, you should step away from the forum.

Check your post history before talking about projection, troll
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trinta wrote: »
    And here's your problem, you consider criticism against the game a personal insult.

Pretty sure Mutharex is part of the pro-AH crowd, therefore your statement must be false.

...but maybe I have him confused with some other M name. /shrug

No, I am not but still I don't care about criticism or other people opinions.
    I care how people express them.
    Edited by ZOS_AnaP on May 7, 2014 1:37PM
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, all. We want to keep this discussion open, but in order to do so, we need everyone to keep in mind the Community Code of Conduct. We don't expect everyone to always agree, but we do expect everyone to keep discussions constructive and civil.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »
    When I read the title, the only response to this I could think of was "ok". And it still is.

I decided not to eat chicken fried rice today so I saved £3.60.

snip

^^ This. Awesome.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    How will ZOS ever make enough profits to sustain the $400.00 dollar loss from you and your friends returning your pre-order? Without your contributions ZOS won't be able to hire for ongoing projects and then the game will die. Why are you being so selfish? Why?
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest people simply report abusive behavior when they see it, as you can see trying to talk to them directly is often fruitless. The mods do a pretty good job here, let them handle it. I will from now on.
  • DakotaCoty
    DakotaCoty
    ✭✭✭
    Resipsa131 wrote: »
    How will ZOS ever make enough profits to sustain the $400.00 dollar loss from you and your friends returning your pre-order? Without your contributions ZOS won't be able to hire for ongoing projects and then the game will die. Why are you being so selfish? Why?

It was his $100 and $400 from 4 other friends. Get it right, jeeeez...
    EU player
    http://tinyurl.com/10VampGuide
    www.twitter.com/DakotaKavanagh
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone realize that console betas are for three things? New tech, bugs and hype. They dont need to hold a console beta for the tech, they had plenty of PC testers for that. Bethesda knows f Why does every Halo have a "beta"? To hype the fans, very lottle changes for those games from beta to launch, and the changes are usually for asthetics.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭
    Resipsa131 wrote: »

They are not making profit, that's the problem. They have a 200 million dollar hole they have to fill, and it may be half way full. As just some gamer, you have no clue. As a person in business where they are looking to make money its a bigger deal than "400$" as that easily turns to thousands.

Its called the trickle effect, it can take 1 person, to stop 100s of playing.

This game isn't going to survive by Forum warriors, it will only survive by word of mouth.

If i don't play, my friends don't play, if they don't play, their friends don't play, see how that works?

I would think, most of the time. People stay in games due to that's where majority of their friends are (See WoW).

While i am not surprised by the amount of uneducated posts i see talking about how someone hopes the console is cancelled/fails (do you not know that they spent thousands/hundreds of thousands to develop for consoles) and how it would impact the whole company as a whole.

Basically that would be unrecoverable costs, that the PC player base is already doing poorly at recouping.

In today's market, if ESO is to only depend on their PC player base, they are on a sinking ship. I expect a lot of people that played Skyrim, to give this a try. From what sites I visited, this is the amount of skyrim players, 59% were for the Xbox 360, 27% for the PS3, and 14% for the PC.

thats all the time im going to spend on that.