The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cancelled Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition for console. 100$ of savings!

• RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    PC is not playable with console folks, who have to get a sub for PC and consoles if they buy both. I cancelled my console version due to this.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    mutharex wrote: »
    Sarenia wrote: »
    Cudda wrote: »
    Sure, people will rush to defend ZoS, but there is no excuse for the lack of communication.
    No worries! You didn't use the word fanboy, so i sent out an emergency memo to the ZOS Defense Squad to let them know this thread is in the clear. :D

God, all this "defend·, "emotionally attached", "delusional fanboi" crap and dribble... How old are these people??
    They are the same who cry troll if you disagree with them. they just want to shut down half the conversation and any dissent from their opinion.

I know but my question was: what is the mental or emotional age of someone with such a mental process? I mean, they can't all be 13 years old, can they? And if they are over 20? My god
    Heres one for you, most Trolls are between the ages of 18-28 there was a few studies done on this, and people are finding though older they have a higher sense of entitlement.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Rickey
    Rickey
    I feel sooooo bad for console players, have fun on this *already needing extra developing and bug fixes mmo* without add-ons, lol.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I decided not to eat chicken fried rice today so I saved £3.60."

Priceless.

It costs £3.60 for chicken fried rice where you live?

:(

It used to be cheap "back up north" (i'm from Lancashire) but we moved down to Somerset where my wife is from and everything is far more expensive.

£7 for a kebab .... nearly had a bloody heart attack.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Priceless.

It used to be cheap "back up north" (i'm from Lancashire) but we moved down to Somerset where my wife is from and everything is far more expensive.

Ye, from a Chinese takeaway, good stuff too (London)! Chicken Chow Mein is around £4.00.

@universe555: Thanks :D

Edited by Csub on May 7, 2014 12:26AM
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MyConsole_zps9809db61.jpg
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is, there is no "good press" to keep any hype left to want to pay 100$ for the game.

I can buy the PC version for 40$ now. With all the bad information I see, even reading their own sites where they make comments, full of horrible feedback. Its like I am about to hand the cashier 20$ for chicken fried rice, only to keep hearing people talk about how disgusting the food is. Personally would make me probably put my 20$ back in my pocket.

While I enjoyed the free access 5 day on the PC, I really disliked the mouse movement. It really felt like a controller would be a great feel, and while I could use a controller to play the PC game, personally I have many other funner games on my PC that I would rather play.

So this is why personally, I would not like to get it for the PC.

But I really think this would be a great console MMO.

The thing is, I used to be excited about the Game, I went out and paid for the game with every intention of buying it, for the 100$ price tag. Due to the lack of communication and the LACK of a release date (June) is not a release date.

The problem is, it should not be "ok" to just through a random month out there, and expect that to suffice. Your not exciting your playerbase/customerbase. Your not even teasing it. Its just left there to hang.

Majority of players that played/bought skyrim, I am pretty sure is the console base.

Now I will just wait a month or 2, pick up the game for 40$, pay 20$ to upgrade digitally to imperial. The Imperial edition was also suppose to be "limited" but I seen tons of PC imperial editions. This also reduces incentives of paying 100$.

Will this make ZoS suddenly update us, no. Just disappointed as I was looking forward to playing this game with a few ppl. But the way its going, people are not staying interested.

• Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭

Well.... Your "console" is horrible at doing it, so please throw it in the trash and get something better. lol
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this a "goodbye" post? Don't those get locked?
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised that this thread has reached this many posts, usually the close hammer has been used by now.

But while it is still open, I don't get why you would pay for the game on PC, then pay for the game again on a console.

If it is for the controller, just use xpadder, if it is for graphics, well the PC will always be better, unless you have a really low end PC.

Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • DakotaCoty
    DakotaCoty
    ✭✭✭
    that's a loss of 400$.

Oh dear, that $500 is such a big dent.
    Stop sulking please :)
    EU player
    http://tinyurl.com/10VampGuide
    www.twitter.com/DakotaKavanagh
  • Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭
    Mortelus wrote: »
    I am surprised that this thread has reached this many posts, usually the close hammer has been used by now.

But while it is still open, I don't get why you would pay for the game on PC, then pay for the game again on a console.

If it is for the controller, just use xpadder, if it is for graphics, well the PC will always be better, unless you have a really low end PC.

For Graphics, a MMO will never be worth caring whether its console or PC. See FFXIV.

Many people buy both PC and Consoles games. See Diablo 3, FFXIV.

I did not buy the PC version, and how is it a goodbye post. I only advised I cancelled my 100$ so that I would have to only pay at most 60 for the same product, minus the physical goodies.

And this is due to lack communication.

Had they put in native controller support (See FFXIV) it may have been less of an issue. But they decided that DUE TO the fact they are working on the console version.

I am surprised by how many people think I should have to use a third party application to enjoy a game a certain way. But this isn't even my concern. I bought a console, I want a game to play on my console. I chose this game to be my choice, but due to what I have stated many times, I am no longer choosing to spend the 100$ with the company. I am now waiting for them to go on sale, and get it for nearly 50% off. But had they kept the hype going, more people would be interested.

I would be more than happy posting this thread in a Console only forum, but it does not exist.

• Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I do not understand is the general tension between Consoles and PC. I mean okay, there are weird people on both side, as far as I am concerned, I love both my laptop and my PS, I play on both. I know that people who only have/use either often fight with the ones who use the other, but for the love of Mara, we are talking about the same game! Both community wants to play the same game with their own preferences so why the hostility? The first image that comes to my mind is as if we had an army and the cavalry starts to fight with the infantry in the same army cause "lol they suck".

I know this is a bit off topic, but especially recently I see a lot of negativity towards console people regarding ESO. (In general this is always the case, and of course there are negativity from them towards PC too but I see that way less frequently).

Anyway, we are all in the same army but with different choice of weapons, so is it possible to stop fighting each other? I know the answer for many, but, naive as I am, I keep trying!
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree, I hate the lack of communication. It is awful, there is a Boss in Bangkorai and Alik'r that have been broken since launch. I've seen them brought up multiple times and there isn't even a post saying they are looking into it. They just keep leaving you in the dark and want you to have faith that it will work out.
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
  • Reiterpallasch
    Reiterpallasch
    ✭✭✭
    ClaudiaMay wrote: »
    Patience is a virtue. One that is hard to come by these days.

I'll be impatient with $100 in my pocket, tyvm.
    The consoles are on par with most PCs or better

Uh, consoles are old tech the day they're released.
    Edited by Reiterpallasch on May 7, 2014 4:29AM
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the funny part is most of these people who are "canceling" their console pre-orders are the same ones who are complaining about bugs, or in general hate ESO. so yea..bye wont miss ya. have fun on another mmo...oh wait..not that many on console...well crud.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Getorix
    Getorix
    ✭✭✭
    God I hope they have separate forums for consoles.
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    I got 99 problems but a console ain't one
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I agree there should be more communication for the console folks I am still struggling with understanding why on earth is this posted in the Players Helping Players forum as well... its not a player helping a player. One might suggest putting this say in General Chat or support that way maybe Zeni has a chance to respond and mend the error of their ways. Just saying doubt Devs really troll this forum, I know I wouldn't look here very often if I was a dev.

Maybe he did post it here so we can help him how to spend those 100 bucks? Making own decisions might not be his strength, so what should he do with those 100 bucks?

Here are my suggestions:

1. Go to the Zoo with your girlfriend
    2. Get a decent hair cut
    3. Get rid of the Pamela Anderson pictures on your wall and replace them with spring bunny´s
    4. censored *this comment can only be seen by adults*

;)
    Edited by Audigy on May 7, 2014 5:52AM
  • Cudda
    Cudda
    ✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    Maybe he did post it here so we can help him how to spend those 100 bucks? Making own decisions might not be his strength, so what should he do with those 100 bucks?

Here are my suggestions:

2. Get a decent hair cut
    3. Get rid of the Pamela Anderson pictures on your wall and replace them with spring bunny´s

;)

Its true, being a successful adult has left me quite drained of things to spend money on. I just bought a new car last week, so that wont work. House already paid for, so no money to spend there.

But on the real side of things, if I was looking for help making choices, i wouldn't come to a forum of posters that pay a bunch of money to beta test something. I think I could make get better choices asking my 6 year old lol....
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »

Here are my suggestions:

2. Get a decent hair cut

;)

Its true, being a successful adult has left me quite drained of things to spend money on. I just bought a new car last week, so that wont work. House already paid for, so no money to spend there.

But on the real side of things, if I was looking for help making choices, i wouldn't come to a forum of posters that pay a bunch of money to beta test something. I think I could make get better choices asking my 6 year old lol....

Hehe glad you can take the reply with a sense of humor :D Nice to see people around who are calm down and don't see every post as an attack and can laugh about things ;)
  • DakotaCoty
    DakotaCoty
    ✭✭✭

Well.... Your "console" is horrible at doing it, so please throw it in the trash and get something better. lol
    Every MMO launch has its issues, and they are working on bigger issues so that your console beta actually goes better than the PC one. In fact, if you're actually quitting or already cancelled your order, why are you still commenting on the forums?

Attention seeking a little bit?
    EU player
    http://tinyurl.com/10VampGuide
    www.twitter.com/DakotaKavanagh
  • Spryt
    Spryt
    ✭✭
    Just don't come back here and complain when game is released on console and you don't get any pre-order bonuses or starter horse.
  • Ruebs
    Ruebs
    ✭✭✭
    There's no Beta on console version yet, because the game get's atrociously boring after about Vet Rank 3, and for many people, long before that. ZoS doesn't want you to realize they've made a hollow, lackluster game before you buy it.

In all honesty, ESO isn't THAT bad. But it still feels like a Beta, and i'm not even talking about the bugs. There's a lack of urgency, a lack of excitement, equating to a lack of fun. IMO ESO feels like the foundations of what COULD be a truly excellent game. At the moment however, it's only JUST keeping it's head out of water.
  • EinionYrth
    EinionYrth
    ✭✭✭✭

Priceless.

That'll be the cholesterol.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lazrael wrote: »
    And hopefully that means the console version is cancelled, so that the game isn't held back from its full potential by console hardware.
    (not a pc snob, and owns a ps4)
    But unless the new console generation can really make this cloud processing business work, I'm afraid of the game being held back by the hardware in the way other cross-platform games have been.

Just a curiosity, how is a console version 'holding back' the PC version?
    You realize the UI isn't like this because of consoles but has always been more or less like this?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to the lack of information for the console versions, I have cancelled my Imperial Edition PS4 pre-order. Since it was completely paid off, I now have 100$ to spend on something else. It is unfortunate that ZoS has decided to keep players in the dark about the console version with nearly less than a month left.

No Betas, No discussions. I expect the game to be delayed for consoles. Just disappointment after disappointment. I know of at least 4 other people that also cancelled, that's a loss of 400$. I am sure the game will be easily gotten for 40$ shortly after release due to it's shortcomings.

Sure, people will rush to defend ZoS, but there is no excuse for the lack of communication. It has NOTHING to do with the PC version, so the pisspoor excuse many users will use is invalid. The Console team could care less what the PC team is doing.
    Farewell.
    If only we could be so lucky. I really hope posting on here needs an active game account so all these whiners will be out of here by the weekend.

• Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Due to the lack of information for the console versions, I have cancelled my Imperial Edition PS4 pre-order. Since it was completely paid off, I now have 100$ to spend on something else. It is unfortunate that ZoS has decided to keep players in the dark about the console version with nearly less than a month left.

No Betas, No discussions. I expect the game to be delayed for consoles. Just disappointment after disappointment. I know of at least 4 other people that also cancelled, that's a loss of 400$. I am sure the game will be easily gotten for 40$ shortly after release due to it's shortcomings.

Sure, people will rush to defend ZoS, but there is no excuse for the lack of communication. It has NOTHING to do with the PC version, so the pisspoor excuse many users will use is invalid. The Console team could care less what the PC team is doing.
    Farewell.
    If only we could be so lucky. I really hope posting on here needs an active game account so all these whiners will be out of here by the weekend.

Don't worry, come the weekend you will be left all alone to play in your "sandbox". Good luck with that.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »

Farewell.

It doesn't unfortunately... so get used to them (at least till they introduce the ignore feature for the forum)