The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cancelled Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition for console. 100$ of savings!

Cudda
Cudda
✭✭✭
Due to the lack of information for the console versions, I have cancelled my Imperial Edition PS4 pre-order. Since it was completely paid off, I now have 100$ to spend on something else. It is unfortunate that ZoS has decided to keep players in the dark about the console version with nearly less than a month left.

No Betas, No discussions. I expect the game to be delayed for consoles. Just disappointment after disappointment. I know of at least 4 other people that also cancelled, that's a loss of 400$. I am sure the game will be easily gotten for 40$ shortly after release due to it's shortcomings.

Sure, people will rush to defend ZoS, but there is no excuse for the lack of communication. It has NOTHING to do with the PC version, so the pisspoor excuse many users will use is invalid. The Console team could care less what the PC team is doing.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, people will rush to defend ZoS, but there is no excuse for the lack of communication. It has NOTHING to do with the PC version, so the pisspoor excuse many users will use is invalid. The Console team could care less what the PC team is doing.

Yes there has been little information; unfortunately this was also true of the PC version. While the website is nice I never felt fully informed about the game; playing in the beta was what really gave me an opportunity to know what to expect. I've been fairly happy with the game but would hope the console version has a smoother launch from the lessons learned from the PC launch.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • ClaudiaMay
    ClaudiaMay
    ✭✭✭
    Patience is a virtue. One that is hard to come by these days.

Anyway, have fun with your money on whatever else you decide to spend it on. I'm sure there is something out there right now this very minute need gameorbrainexplodes for you to enjoy :smile: But I do hope you find something worthwhile to you somewhere, playtime is important for a well functioning brain.

Bye!
    Edited by ClaudiaMay on May 6, 2014 7:06PM
    Currently Playing:
    Sorcerer Claudia Warren May, lvl 40. Woodworking 25/Clothing 25/Provisioning 50.
    Dragon Knight, lvl 8. Blacksmithing/Enchanting.
    Nightblade, lvl 3. Alchemy.
    Templar, lvl 7.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand this at all. They said June for a release date for consoles. As far as I know that hasnt changed.
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand this at all. They said June for a release date for consoles. As far as I know that hasn't changed.

I think the fear is, where are the Beta's? Where is the pat on the shoulder from Zen stating "it will be ok"

Communication
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll let my pre-order stand. Of course, I didn't have to pre-pay (or make a deposit) so it is still money in the bank for me. I do wish there was some information though. I'm so looking forward to my recliner and the big screen TV so I can die in beautiful comfort. The long hikes back from the wayshrines won't feel as hard that way. :D
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand this at all. They said June for a release date for consoles. As far as I know that hasn't changed.

I think the fear is, where are the Beta's? Where is the pat on the shoulder from Zen stating "it will be ok"

Communication

I personally do not need them hand holding me reassuring me everyday. They stated the release date and nothing has changed. As far as a beta I am sure there is an internal team working on the console release. There is really no need for a public beta on consoles as there are no hardware concerns etc to deal with. Everyone has the same equipment with the consoles. Much easier to code and test.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cudda wrote: »
    Sure, people will rush to defend ZoS, but there is no excuse for the lack of communication.
    No worries! You didn't use the word fanboy, so i sent out an emergency memo to the ZOS Defense Squad to let them know this thread is in the clear. :D
    [/b]
    Edited by Sarenia on May 6, 2014 7:55PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭

Communication

I personally do not need them hand holding me reassuring me everyday. They stated the release date and nothing has changed. As far as a beta I am sure there is an internal team working on the console release. There is really no need for a public beta on consoles as there are no hardware concerns etc to deal with. Everyone has the same equipment with the consoles. Much easier to code and test.

They certainly don't have the ability in house to test network code for the consoles, whole different kettle of fish from PC connectivity going through MS servers, not sure about Sony

So yes they do need some sort of out of house testing. As well best of my knowledge there has been zero communication since release dates were mentioned for all versions which was back in February I think. Hardly looking for a daily update, maybe once a month?
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone that put money down on a console port of any mmo that isnt ran by Square-Enix, is a bit of a sucker. Consoles have abysmal histories with console ports (AoC/WAR/Etc.)
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    Sure, people will rush to defend ZoS, but there is no excuse for the lack of communication.
    No worries! You didn't use the word fanboy, so i sent out an emergency memo to the ZOS Defense Squad to let them know this thread is in the clear. :D

God, all this "defend·, "emotionally attached", "delusional fanboi" crap and dribble... How old are these people??
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

God, all this "defend·, "emotionally attached", "delusional fanboi" crap and dribble... How old are these people??
    They are the same who cry troll if you disagree with them. they just want to shut down half the conversation and any dissent from their opinion.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

.... I take it you missed the part where I was obviously not serious, nor calling anybody a fanboy?

Did you even read anything before posting?
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are the same who cry troll if you disagree with them. they just want to shut down half the conversation and any dissent from their opinion.

I know but my question was: what is the mental or emotional age of someone with such a mental process? I mean, they can't all be 13 years old, can they? And if they are over 20? My god
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone notice how "sensitive" this topic is. every time a "console queries" are posted, the mud slinging begins lol!

It is what it is, or it isn't what it isn't, time will tell. We all have the PC version anyhow right?
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know but my question was: what is the mental or emotional age of someone with such a mental process? I mean, they can't all be 13 years old, can they? And if they are over 20? My god
    Having seen how my 15 yo nephew is Im convinced its 20 somethings.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as a beta I am sure there is an internal team working on the console release.

They had an internal team working on the PC version too......

Personally I think they let trained Monkey's handle the internal testing .... it's the only way to explain things.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

.... I take it you missed the part where I was obviously not serious, nor calling anybody a fanboy?

Did you even read anything before posting?

LOL sorry! I wasn't referring to you! My bad for not saying it before
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh rhe good ole days. Use to preorder with a white ticket at toys r us and they would give me a game whenever they felt like it! And we liked it!
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to the lack of information for the console versions, I have cancelled my Imperial Edition PS4 pre-order. Since it was completely paid off, I now have 100$ to spend on something else. It is unfortunate that ZoS has decided to keep players in the dark about the console version with nearly less than a month left.

No Betas, No discussions. I expect the game to be delayed for consoles. Just disappointment after disappointment. I know of at least 4 other people that also cancelled, that's a loss of 400$. I am sure the game will be easily gotten for 40$ shortly after release due to it's shortcomings.

Congratulations on your savings. Hopefully you can find a game you like with that money. Farewell.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• aidan.elfarrowb14_ESO
    aidan.elfarrowb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    While I agree there should be more communication for the console folks I am still struggling with understanding why on earth is this posted in the Players Helping Players forum as well... its not a player helping a player. One might suggest putting this say in General Chat or support that way maybe Zeni has a chance to respond and mend the error of their ways. Just saying doubt Devs really troll this forum, I know I wouldn't look here very often if I was a dev.
  • universe555
    universe555
    ✭✭
    Personally, I feel that the failure is and was marketing more than any other component. A game of this stature which was, essentially, slaughtered by reviewers and almost hard to find on some of the big players' sites is indicative of a lack of outreach by the happy swag toting folks that get paid to do so.

I forgive the tech stuff easily as the game is indeed massive and complex... well worth it to suffer through some bugs; they have been hunting them down and communicating with us... can't ask for more.

Again, Marketing missed the mark for the console kids... reconsider your decison once it's out... remarkable game... best since Morrowind.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I read the title, the only response to this I could think of was "ok". And it still is.

I decided not to eat chicken fried rice today so I saved £3.60.

Don`t get me wrong, I understand your frustration but it is still not June yet, and even if they postpone, it is for them to polish. Many people who bought it for PC say they should have postponed it and polished it more. Maybe console players will have a luckier launch. Then again, they might just release it on 30th June and it is still June!
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    In all honesty. After reading these forums, do you really want to play this on consoles? Do you really think they will fix EVERYTHING that is wrong with the PC version for consoles? Lololol.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty. After reading these forums, do you really want to play this on consoles? Do you really think they will fix EVERYTHING that is wrong with the PC version for consoles? Lololol.
    You have too high expectations or standards if you want a game without any bugs, with EVERYTHING fixed. Of course there will be bugs, there always are, there always were. But many that we faced will not pop up in the console versions.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • universe555
    universe555
    ✭✭
    "I decided not to eat chicken fried rice today so I saved £3.60."

Priceless.
    Edited by universe555 on May 6, 2014 9:42PM
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I feel that the failure is and was marketing more than any other component. A game of this stature which was, essentially, slaughtered by reviewers and almost hard to find on some of the big players' sites is indicative of a lack of outreach by the happy swag toting folks that get paid to do so.

I essentially live in a cave as far as advertising goes. I don't watch TV, I don't read magazines, I don't go to gaming new sites. I knew ESO was coming probably a year ago. I dunno, I'm horrible at telling time long term. It was announced and it was everywhere. There was no avoiding it.

How much would they have had to spend on marketing to beat the free advertising they received simply for the "Holy crap, Elder Scrolls MMO!" factor?

I wouldn't be surprised to see some advertisements floating around during the final month, but at this point there's enough information out there on the PC version for most gamers to make an informed decision as to whether they want a console port of this game. Any changes between the two are not going to be the type covered by advertising, and any gamer old enough to be paying for his/her own games will know the risks of a console port.
  • universe555
    universe555
    ✭✭
    "How much would they have had to spend on marketing to beat the free advertising they received simply for the "Holy crap, Elder Scrolls MMO!" factor?"

I suspect that was exactly how they looked at it and, again, I think it was a mistake.
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    And hopefully that means the console version is cancelled, so that the game isn't held back from its full potential by console hardware.
    (not a pc snob, and owns a ps4)
    But unless the new console generation can really make this cloud processing business work, I'm afraid of the game being held back by the hardware in the way other cross-platform games have been.
    Artists and Theives...
  • 1reynub18_ESO
    What are you talking about Lazrael ? The console version won't hold back the PC version they are the same game. The consoles are on par with most PCs or better most people don't buy $500 graphics card and spend a ton of money on PC upgrades some do but most don't. FF14ARR does just fine cross platform so does War Thunder. If they cancelled the console version ZOS should tell us so i can get my $100 back.
  • Awesometographer
    Awesometographer
    ✭✭✭
    God dammit... what is up with all the console QQ?