The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Increase Magicka Cost of Bolt Escape

• LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oblongship wrote: »
    LadyChaos wrote: »
    Asava wrote: »

Here's a hint son. Even after I BE away I'm still cc'd. I know, mind = blown!!

Here's a hint son, after you Bolt Escape twice you're out of range of any ability. I know, mind = blown!!

you're slotting the wrong abilities, mind blown...

Yeah, I forgot to slot my instant cast teleport on my Templar, oh wait. It's very nice of you to keep posting, every time you do you show how little you're able to comprehend what the issue is.

I am beginning to see LadyChaos as a forum troll.

All I see is them arguing the same point over and over again...and lord forbid you say something about the perfectly balanced sorc...they will lose their *** lol

That would make sense, since he ignores anything that shows him how broken Bolt Escape is.
    This entire thread and the others of the same topic are no longer discussions and full of forum members who add nothing to the discussion except to try and discredit other members, not share information and points of view. There is very little if any original discussion going on in any of thees nerf threads, only members intentionally trying to get a rise out of each other.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Here's a hint son. Even after I BE away I'm still cc'd. I know, mind = blown!!

Here's a hint son, after you Bolt Escape twice you're out of range of any ability. I know, mind = blown!!

you're slotting the wrong abilities, mind blown...

Yeah, I forgot to slot my instant cast teleport on my Templar, oh wait. It's very nice of you to keep posting, every time you do you show how little you're able to comprehend what the issue is.

you keep making trolling comments to try and fan flames when the answers been handed to you over and over... You just prove you have no desire to learn just make drama.

You recreate the step one this discussion every-time someone takes 3 days to lay out simple math for you... You add nothing to these discussions except intentionally trying to bring it back to 0 and try and get people all riled up all over again. Just trying to fire up the picket line of players who refuse to try something different or get over they aren't spec'd to counter. <<--- that is your answer you just don't like it.

You only know YOU can't stop one, so everyone must be so poor at it... they aren't, it's just you and the ones who refuse to try something out of their comfort zone (or rightly outmatched in skill/levels/gear). We don't care if you don't want to try the tips given to you... it's your choice by all means keep insisting no one is able to kill sorcerers as all these other players keep saying, they kill us all the time and you just need to l2p. This isn't a competition there is no "winner".

You reject all input.. so why keep posting inflammatory remarks and attempts to discredit everyone who disagrees with you?

Yup. @jobo11b16_ESO‌ just be trolling. Pretty sure he doesn't believe the crap he's spewing.

But apparently personal attacks, off topic comments, flame bait, ect. are okay on these forums. Funny, but I'm pretty sure the forum rules read differently?

WTB enforcement from moderators.
    Edited by NordJitsu on May 8, 2014 5:22PM
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry kiddo, but I get caught quit often and that's because of my build. I get knocked down, I'm dead before I can get on my feet. I get rooted twice back to back, I'm dead with no stamina. I get cc'd and charged, I'm dead before I can get back on my feet. Any DK gets close to me and I'm probably dead because of talons, grip, bash spam. I accept that and understand it. I choose my play style and accept the risks of it. You just seem to think that BE is the end all be all. It's really not, I get 7 casts of it on a full power bar. There's a 1/2-1 second delay on it firing every time. It only moves you 15m. I'm pretty sure that it's easy to get caught in talons (8m radius)/grip (18 or 22m range) if the DK is paying attention. If I'm cc'd when BE then I'm still CC'd 15m away. Sorc's get 2 chanced to break cc then we're out of stamina. Immovable doesn't help with soft CC's i.e. talons and requires heavy armor to shine with it's morphs. If you let me stay at range then I'll melt your face. Your best bet then is to either close the gap or wait until I close the gap and then pounce on me. Usually in a fight a Sorc won't have a full power bar so your job should be much easier.

So the only counter to an overpowered class is another overpowered class. You can use the CC break ability as soon as you're hit with CC, and it instantly puts you on your feet. All you have shown is you have no idea how to play your class, you have Bolt Escape which moves you 15 meters which is farther than the 8 meter radius of talons, so you can't be spam rooted, you can use Bolt Escape WHILE rooted in place so why would you bother dodging? Your class is the only one that can go with glass cannon play style and have a reliable escape tool, no one else can do that, in a game where anyone is supposed to be able to play their character any way they want.

Every single post by Sorcerers shows their classes is broken because they never had to learn the basic mechanics of the game to succeed.
    Options
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »

Yup. @jobo11b16_ESO‌ just be trolling. Pretty sure he doesn't believe the crap he's spewing.

But apparently personal attacks, off topic comments, flame bait, ect. are okay on these forums. Funny, but I'm pretty sure the forum rules read differently?

Oh, welcome back Nord, eagerly awaiting the video showing hard counters to Bolt Escape. I've been on topic every single post, the topic is Bolt Escape needing a nerf, and I post about that. Meanwhile you and Lady Chaos just post nonsense and then think you should be taken seriously. You even know Bolt Escape is overpowered, you made video of your build stating it. But you can keep saying I'm the one is trolling, that's fine, Bolt Escape will still get nerfed and then you'll have to actually learn to play the game to succeed.
    Options
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Ya, that's it. I don't know how to play my class. I guess playing casters/range classes in mmo's taught me nothing in 15 years. There are counters out there for everything. The one thing that everyone forgets is positioning and choosing your fights to have the advantage. If you want a sorc to go toe to toe with a heavy then you either have to get them a survival skill or at least double their dps so that they're not instant fodder for anyone wearing heavier than light armor that's in the same zone as them. So which would you like for us to have? A way to break contact or melt your face before you get knocked off your horse?
    Options
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, welcome back Nord, eagerly awaiting the video showing hard counters to Bolt Escape. I've been on topic every single post, the topic is Bolt Escape needing a nerf, and I post about that. Meanwhile you and Lady Chaos just post nonsense and then think you should be taken seriously. You even know Bolt Escape is overpowered, you made video of your build stating it. But you can keep saying I'm the one is trolling, that's fine, Bolt Escape will still get nerfed and then you'll have to actually learn to play the game to succeed.

personal attacks, meant to discredit valid points of view.

If you are confident it is getting nerfed, wonderful for you stop spamming the same rhetorical questions you refuse to hear answers to. You have nothing new to offer but insults and antagonistic comments that add nothing.

Participating in a discussion means sometimes you just don't agree.. wonderful you don't agree... not a problem. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you can make a campaign to discredit and attack everyone who disagrees with you. That is not on topic. That is what I'm complaining about, the intentional and repetitive antagonism and personal attacks against people you don't like their input/opinion. MOVE ON.
    Options
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    Ya, that's it. I don't know how to play my class. I guess playing casters/range classes in mmo's taught me nothing in 15 years. There are counters out there for everything. The one thing that everyone forgets is positioning and choosing your fights to have the advantage. If you want a sorc to go toe to toe with a heavy then you either have to get them a survival skill or at least double their dps so that they're not instant fodder for anyone wearing heavier than light armor that's in the same zone as them. So which would you like for us to have? A way to break contact or melt your face before you get knocked off your horse?

Clearly it hasn't. There are hard counters for most things, but not for Bolt Escape. Sorcerers have the advantage of not needing to have positioning and being able to choose all of their fights since they can teleport out of danger easily. Sorcerers have access to two armour buffs, one of which gives the highest armour/spell resistance of any defensive buff available, and can be morphed to give a movement speed bonus. You have the ability to go with Light Armour and still have high defensive stats, and Sorcerers have incredibly high dps, so they get the best of both worlds with no downsides. Sorcerers can currently break contact and melt the face of someone before they get knocked off their horse.

Are you even playing the game? Or did you just come to the forums to show you don't know what you're talking about.
    Options
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Ya, that 8 second buff is a life saver alright.....
    Options
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭

Which buff are you talking about now? Is it Lightning Armour? Because that lasts six seconds, which you would know if you bothered too look at the skill, it also gives 1750 Armour AND Spell Resist, which is enough to bring you to overcharge if you wear just one piece of armour. If being able to wear full Light Armour and still have the ability to overcharge your defensive stats while also giving you a movement speed bonus is not saving your life then you probably shouldn't be trying to solo an entire 24 man raid group.
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jobo11b16_ESO‌

Ya the video is made. Just a bit lazy yesterday and didn't get around to the VO yet. Also we were busy trying to figure out when ZOS added the new auto-CC immunity and exactly what skills it affected. We made that video instead and its been posted.

Few things though:

1. I made a video/thread about how my build was powerful. Powerful does not equal over powered. There are plenty of counters to it.
    2. I will admit one thing: the way the new CC immunity system works (which was ninja'd in at some point) has affected one or more of the previously powerful BE counters. One of my guildies, Obscure, was famous throughout the Beta for his "electric YoYo" technique. This is now MUCH more difficult to pull of because the Firery Reach can only be used once every 7 secs.
    3. There are still several viable counters. These include other speed increasing escape mechanisms (Bow-Roll, Path of Darkness, Steed Stone) as well as charges (Stampede, Invasion, ect.) The most effective counter is a combination of a charge + a root.
    4. It is still true that escaping from a fight is not over powered.

All that said, the biggest "nerf" to Bolt Escape would be to revert the CC immunity system to its prior iteration. Honestly, I'd even be okay with them making it so that Bolt Escape removes any non-skill immunity applied to you (in other words, you get no auto immunity if you Bolt and the CC-break immunity gets removed if you bolt.)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭

Which buff are you talking about now? Is it Lightning Armour? Because that lasts six seconds, which you would know if you bothered too look at the skill, it also gives 1750 Armour AND Spell Resist, which is enough to bring you to overcharge if you wear just one piece of armour. If being able to wear full Light Armour and still have the ability to overcharge your defensive stats while also giving you a movement speed bonus is not saving your life then you probably shouldn't be trying to solo an entire 24 man raid group.

morph is 9s... Her point was valid. You like to rebuild everyone who gives you an explanation of how they use the spell or why to rationalize how they SHOULD play. They are fine.

you really got to stop just openly being rude and antagonistic to everyone who doesn't agree with you. I'm starting to get horribly disappointed with forums mods for allowing it to go so unchecked.
    Edited by LadyChaos on May 8, 2014 6:29PM
    Options
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    ESO: Bolt Escape, Bash, Balance, and Testing , the people defending broken abilities don't want balance.
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes.

Please nerf Bolt Escape.

In compensation double the damage of all sorcerer abilities and make Dark Exchange instant cast.

That would be fair.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭

Yes.

Please nerf Bolt Escape.

In compensation double the damage of all sorcerer abilities and make Dark Exchange instant cast.

That would be fair.

You and people like you are the reason games fail, you don't care about the health of the game, you just want to use abuse whatever you can to get ahead. You use over-exaggeration straight up lies and misinformation to try to make it seem like your side of the argument is not competely and utterly wrong. If Zenimax wants a successful game they will prioritise balance over the enjoyment of the people that just want to exploit their way to victory.
    Options
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO: Bolt Escape, Bash, Balance, and Testing , the people defending broken abilities don't want balance.

Maybe I'll go back and give it a second chance later but I stopped watching after he went after second BE with his main complaint saying "no way a gap closer can catch BE", but he is not even using one, at all, not speed enhancement. Just complaining. But maybe I'll give it a second chance later.

Also was that guy the one who engaged the BE or just randomly chasing someones "almost kill"? The BE was at 5-10% health, he barely got away by skin of his teeth apparently. I ask because the BE went stealth... if that was the pursuer engaged in combat with him and the BE went stealth ... I don't think that was even someone he was trying to kill... just following to complain about him?

He wasn't sprinting, wasn't using maneuvers, roll w/bow, any gap closer... just showing a BE bounce around while he wasn't actually trying to do anything except walk at him angrily.
    Options
  • xDonMega
    xDonMega
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think you and people like you are the reason games fail, by calling for nerfs on things that are working as intended before fixes to things that are obviously broken.
    Options
  • Bryan627842nub18_ESO
    Semel wrote: »
    1) The cost is already high

2) After any bolt escape cast magicka regeneration DOESN'T WORK FOR 5 sec.

So, no thank you. STFU & l2p
    Agree.

Also:

3. There are literally dozens of counters
    4. There are multiple escape options that surpass Bolt Escape

There is no counter when a beaten sorc can teleport away from an entire raid beating on him. That sorc can then hold up and entire raid by attempting to rez his dead allies, our raid has to sit there while that sorc keeps trying to get them up over and over until they release.

Bolt escape has been breaking my roots. sure it makes the sorc cast it in the direction I rooted that person, so what. Sorcs need to either have their channel heal taken away or bolt escape needs to only be cast 2 time in a 10 second period.

Bottom line is this, if teleport is still faster than my mount sprinting, when I've been feeding my mount apples for speed since early access, this game is a piece of *** that rewards trolls and makes 1 class *almost* unbillable

Options to fix this issue, make bolt escape only able to use from a %chance after being hit, keeping the magicka cost, but keeping the raid on his/her tail.

Make bolt escape not able to cast when there is not another player (friendly or foe) within 15M. Still solo play would be effected, but teleport should not be the fastest mount in the game anyways, so get over it quickly.
    Edited by Bryan627842nub18_ESO on May 8, 2014 6:59PM
    Options
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe I'll go back and give it a second chance later but I stopped watching after he went after second BE with his main complaint saying "no way a gap closer can catch BE", but he is not even using one, at all, not speed enhancement. Just complaining. But maybe I'll give it a second chance later.

Also was that guy the one who engaged the BE or just randomly chasing someones "almost kill"? The BE was at 5-10% health, he barely got away by skin of his teeth apparently. I ask because the BE went stealth... if that was the pursuer engaged in combat with him and the BE went stealth ... I don't think that was even someone he was trying to kill... just following to complain about him?

He wasn't sprinting, wasn't using maneuvers, roll w/bow, any gap closer... just showing a BE bounce around while he wasn't actually trying to do anything except walk at him angrily.

OK, I like to try to be open minded.. I went back...

It got funnier.

So he kills the next BE, but claims it's just because he interrupted him... I mean like duh... That's kind of the point, and what we been saying.. yeah you should do that.

Then he goes on to perma tank 10 reds alone, completely ranting about all people who use mobilities are selfish and ruin everything.. while this entire group can't kill him... I stopped there again.
    Options
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭

Figures you would ignore anything showing Sorcerers as overpowered, also he was using Lotus Fan which is a morph of Telport Strike, which is a gap closer. Every time you post you show how little you know about the game, because playing as a Sorcerer does not require you to have skill to succeed.
    Options
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭

It got funnier.

So he kills the next BE, but claims it's just because he interrupted him... I mean like duh... That's kind of the point, and what we been saying.. yeah you should do that.

Then he goes on to perma tank 10 reds alone, completely ranting about all people who use mobilities are selfish and ruin everything.. while this entire group can't kill him... I stopped there again.

I'm a glutton... so I went back again... I'm starting to be entertained.

Next scene after it takes a full raid to take him down...

He ganks some guy off a horse while his sorcerer buddy couldn't do anything fast enough to save him... then guy goes after sorcerer, and kills him. Lol his line is he must not have had bolt yet, nothing to do with the fact he kills him in 3 hits inside a hut the size of a bathroom. --- so in this scene he ganks some kid and his OP sorcerer friend in less time than most take to sip coffee... and the next line is .."now I am using shield bash.."... then goes after 3rd guy to gank as he comes strolling through on horse...
    Options
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    xDonMega wrote: »
    I actually think you and people like you are the reason games fail, by calling for nerfs on things that are working as intended before fixes to things that are obviously broken.

You're entitled to your own opinion, even if that opinion is completely wrong. No game succeeds by leaving obvious balance issues in place, more than a month for the vampire fixes which didn't address the actual issues. Sorcerers and Dragonknights trivialise the game because of how powerful they are, you can keep ignoring it or acting like it isn't true if you want.
    Options
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭

Figures you would ignore anything showing Sorcerers as overpowered, also he was using Lotus Fan which is a morph of Telport Strike, which is a gap closer. Every time you post you show how little you know about the game, because playing as a Sorcerer does not require you to have skill to succeed.

I'm just trying to figure out if you know what "skill" actually is. You use that word quite often but I don't really think you understand the meaning of it. This game uses very little skill. It's mostly muscle memory and reacting to the dynamic situation in pvp by using the skills that you have loaded on your hot bar. But then again, you always seem to dismiss people and use the morphs or disregard morphs to suit your position.
    Options
  • xDonMega
    xDonMega
    ✭✭✭

LOLOL the only thing I took away from that clip was that this guy must love the sound of his own voice!
    Options
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭

It got funnier.

He ganks some guy off a horse while his sorcerer buddy couldn't do anything fast enough to save him... then guy goes after sorcerer, and kills him. Lol his line is he must not have had bolt yet, nothing to do with the fact he kills him in 3 hits inside a hut the size of a bathroom. --- so in this scene he ganks some kid and his OP sorcerer friend in less time than most take to sip coffee... and the next line is .."now I am using shield bash.."... then goes after 3rd guy to gank as he comes strolling through on horse...

Ok I tried again to finish video I got about 6:50 where they are fire pot camping the tower... and I just can't take him serious anymore. All the commentary is specifically anti-norjitsu forums feedback, he doesn't say him by name but that's my opinion based on his comments.

So the rest of the video until there is him ranting how because he admits SB is OP, all his input is right. BUT in every fight it takes extremely overwhelming odds to take him down, then he says multiple times "I should have rolled a sorcerer"... Yeah cuz we sorcerers tank like that lol.

I think this video helps paint what type of player is complaining someone got away... The kind that require entire raid forces to take them down and can't handle missing the free AP of a squishy sorce kill. If there's something enlightening past the oil pots let me know.
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol what an amateurish ranty video.

The dude is playing a Tank spec and taking advantage of bash spam. He complains that Sorcs can run away from a fight while he stays there. Then shows footage of him standing up to 20 people hitting him at once. He's able to do this because his gear and build make him tanky.

A sorc who is playing light armor would die to that zerg much faster. As compensation they get an escape ability (which Nightblades also have via Path of Darkness.)

If the Sorc was wearing heavy armor and specced for tanking, he wouldn't be able to cast BE enough times to get away.

So basically that joker is complaining that Glass Cannons kite instead of standing and taking damage. Lol.

He must be new to MMOs.
    Edited by NordJitsu on May 8, 2014 7:27PM
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭

It got funnier.

Ok I tried again to finish video I got about 6:50 where they are fire pot camping the tower... and I just can't take him serious anymore. All the commentary is specifically anti-norjitsu forums feedback, he doesn't say him by name but that's my opinion based on his comments.

So the rest of the video until there is him ranting how because he admits SB is OP, all his input is right. BUT in every fight it takes extremely overwhelming odds to take him down, then he says multiple times "I should have rolled a sorcerer"... Yeah cuz we sorcerers tank like that lol.

I think this video helps paint what type of player is complaining someone got away... The kind that require entire raid forces to take them down and can't handle missing the free AP of a squishy sorce kill. If there's something enlightening past the oil pots let me know.

Co-ordinated group vs un-coordinated groups, of course it took time to get him down. Thank you again for posting and showing you aren't here for anything other than arguing and trolling.
    Options
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    He's the beacon of fairness though. Just ask him!
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Bolt Escape cannot be countered. To prove it let me show you this video of me killing a sorcerer with shield bash spam, perma stunning him and preventing him from using Bolt Escape."

Rich.
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭

It got funnier.

Co-ordinated group vs un-coordinated groups, of course it took time to get him down. Thank you again for posting and showing you aren't here for anything other than arguing and trolling.

I seriously cannot possibly report this guy enough...
    Every comment you make is intended to bully anyone who doesn't agree with you into not wanting to post at all.

In just about every case where I cannot even stand the though of seeing your next rude, slanderous, sweeping statement that everyone who doesn't agree with you is a liar, an idiot or some conspiracy to defraud the government via Bolt escape... I just just ignore you for a while, then you just do it to someone else, then they stop responding to you... and then another until you get a free forum to say whatever you want and no one is allowed to respond without the bolded statement above as the result.

You are just insulting every reply, regurgitating the same you are all dumb idiots lines over and over... I am glad your replies are getting pulled but for reals out of control. It is a forum to discuss, people are allowed to disagree with you and not deserve to be treated so out of line.

--- apologies for the slightly off-topic to those participating, but these threads aren't even about the topic anymore it is becoming who can discredit the others opinions.
    Options
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭

I seriously cannot possibly report this guy enough...
    Every comment you make is intended to bully anyone who doesn't agree with you into not wanting to post at all.

In just about every case where I cannot even stand the though of seeing your next rude, slanderous, sweeping statement that everyone who doesn't agree with you is a liar, an idiot or some conspiracy to defraud the government via Bolt escape... I just just ignore you for a while, then you just do it to someone else, then they stop responding to you... and then another until you get a free forum to say whatever you want and no one is allowed to respond without the bolded statement above as the result.

You are just insulting every reply, regurgitating the same you are all dumb idiots lines over and over... I am glad your replies are getting pulled but for reals out of control. It is a forum to discuss, people are allowed to disagree with you and not deserve to be treated so out of line.

--- apologies for the slightly off-topic to those participating, but these threads aren't even about the topic anymore it is becoming who can discredit the others opinions.

Someones feelings are getting hurt on the internet. When the defenders of cheese post an actually valid HARD counter to Bolt Escape then you'll actually be adding to the conversation instead of just being emotional. My posts seem to be perfectly fine, so you're abusing the report function because you can't actually come up with any real defense for Bolt Escape, so you have to get the mods to help you.
    Options