The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Patcher Rollout

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all. We have updated the tracker to reflect that Czech Republic/ Finland now has access to the new patcher. Please be aware that we do have a known issue where some players may not have their country recognized, thus making them unable to upgrade the patch at this time. We are aware of the issue and working toward a solution.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    jbrianj wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Where are we supposed to report issues? There's no category on the support page under "Feedback / Bug" for the new Launcher/Patcher.

The issue I have is that Disk Usage shows negative values (probably due to some integer overflow) during Repair.

I was just testing the (much faster) Repair function, and noticed this behavior.

93exap6imqw6.png

You should be able to place the ticket under our normal patcher option. If that is not available, please place it under general feedback and provide the ticket number here. We can pass it along to the specific team with added context.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    This is so silly. Steam has a great system for patching and yet spend $$$$$ on re-inventing the wheel and still not meeting the performance of the Steam system.

Okay and what about all the non steam ESO installations and people disliking Steam?
    Should they be forced to create a steama ccount and install that client just for the 1 game then?

- snip -

Bethesda did this very thing for Fallout 76 and the rest of their titles. Since being forced to Steam I will admit I don't like the fact that their launcher has to stay active to run games but I also like the ability to get a refund if I download a game and don't like it. I would still not have made the move on my own but I have found I can live with Steam.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't live with steam or any other "overall" game frontend. SO not my thing.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all. We have updated the tracker to reflect that Norway and Denmark now has access to the new patcher.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweden here, how do we know that we have the new Launcher/Patcher?

Mine looks just the same as before. No notifications on opening the app and no indications perhapsI'm missing something obvious here?
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @LalMirchi, If you follow the steps outlined here, this should help set you up on the new launcher.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Thank you kindly :)

To paraphrase the steps I took were Options > Launcher Beta > Upgrade

KJc5V7w.png

The installation went very smoothly and I noticed an option in the new Launcher to downgrade to the old version: Nice work!
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all. We have updated the tracker to reflect Hungary, Switzerland, and Romania now have access to the new patcher.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Debbycus
    Debbycus
    ✭✭
    It would be great if we could control the volume of the new sound effects, or turn them off altogether within the launcher itself. They are way too loud right now.
    PC-EU
    Co-GM of the Forgibbons
    Options
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AFAIK the sound effects in new launcher are much louder than any other input feedback sound my computer. Is it unintended and it's just whoever added the effects forgot to adjust volume down after checking each click has the proper effect? If "working as intended" it should have a toggle.
    Edited by rpa on October 15, 2023 8:24AM
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We'll pass the sound feedback along to the team. Thanks for letting us know.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all. We have updated the tracker to reflect Poland now have access to the new patcher.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will the roll-out speed-up at any point?

It's gonna be a hella long time before it has been fully deployed at this rate.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »

So this isn't a process we can rush. We have days allotted to make sure we are handling the rollout properly, so it will still take some time. But the team is working hard to get this over the finish line.
      Options
      Staff Post
    • ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      Hi all. We have updated the tracker to reflect Spain and Turkey now have access to the new patcher.
      Options
      Staff Post
    • Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

it actually seems to be going forward relatively fast, considering kevins initial post is august 30, its been just under 2 months and they are already about halfway done with the rollout lol

assuming they keep this pace, they should finish the rollout by december
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master
      active player since april 2014
      Options
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

So this isn't a process we can rush. We have days allotted to make sure we are handling the rollout properly, so it will still take some time. But the team is working hard to get this over the finish line.

Understood.
      Thanks for the clarity!

(and for responding.)
        PC/NA Warden Main
        Options
      • ZOS_Kevin
        ZOS_Kevin
        Community Manager
        Hi all. We have updated the tracker to reflect Italy, Austria, Belgium, Portugal, Greece, and Ireland now have access to the new patcher.
        Options
        Staff Post
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

it actually seems to be going forward relatively fast

Yes, on the backside of my inquiry, it has been. (Which is awesome.)

There was a lengthy gap between [Hungary, Switzerland, and Romania] and Poland, though, and that was what prompted my question; being curious if there would be multiple gaps of similar length.

I mean, upon reflection, it was nothing to worry about, and didn't really warrant me asking the question.
        It's not like it's affecting our ability to play the game in the meantime.
          PC/NA Warden Main
          Options
        • jadnik
          jadnik
          Soul Shriven
          where balkan countries (svn, croatia, serbia etc.) belong with new eso launcher?
          Options
        • Tornaad
          Tornaad
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          jadnik wrote: »
          where balkan countries (svn, croatia, serbia etc.) belong with new eso launcher?

They would fall under phase 4 which includes all other countries not listed in other phases.
          Options
        • ZOS_Kevin
          ZOS_Kevin
          Community Manager
          Hi All. We are updating here to note that we have begun phase 3 of the new patcher roll out. As of today, United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland, and France now have access to the new patcher.
          Options
          Staff Post
        • RaddlemanNumber7
          RaddlemanNumber7
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭
          ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
          Hi All. We are updating here to note that we have begun phase 3 of the new patcher roll out. As of today, United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland, and France now have access to the new patcher.

No, thank you.
          PC EU
          Options
        • ApoAlaia
          ApoAlaia
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          I've updated one of the VMs to tests the new patcher.

So far so serviceable but... why the contextual sound cues (or whatever they are called)?

More importantly, why add sounds as loud as these and not give an option to turn them off completely or at least adjust the volume?

I have gotten around the issue by setting specific sound preferences for this app but is a clunky workaround for something that IMO should be 'natively' supported.
          Options
        • zenonuk
          zenonuk
          Yep, I ended up downgrading the launcher - purely because the sound effects are just terrible. I don't have time to be messing around setting app specific sound profiles.

Hopefully there'll be an option to disable that noisy racket when it comes out of beta.

Options
        • Tandor
          Tandor
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          zenonuk wrote: »
          Yep, I ended up downgrading the launcher - purely because the sound effects are just terrible. I don't have time to be messing around setting app specific sound profiles.

Hopefully there'll be an option to disable that noisy racket when it comes out of beta.

I've just done the same thing, for the same reason.

I can't believe the sound volume wasn't picked up and sorted before the launcher left alpha.
          Edited by Tandor on December 6, 2023 6:23PM
          Options
        • Masteroshi430
          Masteroshi430
          ✭✭✭
          Not only the volume and the fact that the sound is non toggleable but the sound design is tacky.
          Discreet click sounds would have been a better choice than these over compressed BOOOM (with tons of bass), TSHHHH (with reverb)...
          Edited by Masteroshi430 on December 7, 2023 1:39PM
          @Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
          Deshaan Honeydew Hors D'Oeuvre <<< FIX THAT TYPO GODDAMMIT!
          Options
        • ZOS_Kevin
          ZOS_Kevin
          Community Manager
          Hi all, thank you for bringing up this issue regarding the sound. We have this documented and have a bug in for it. We'll update once we have a fix. Note, this fix may happen after the rollout occurs.
          Options
          Staff Post
        • Tandor
          Tandor
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Can anyone please clarify what exactly the new launcher achieves?
          Options