Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New Patcher Rollout

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Any word on when the Epic launcher will be updated?
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Canada, also having launcher issues with it saying "loading" and have to restart it several times to be able to hit "play"
    uwu
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Elsonso wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

No update on Epic. Though we'll pass this along to our teams to see if there is any update upcoming.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    woe wrote: »
    Canada, also having launcher issues with it saying "loading" and have to restart it several times to be able to hit "play"

Thanks for the update here. We'll also pass this along as the team is working on addressing bugs.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Today I updated the launcher to BETA version and the very first thing that started to annoy me is the REALLY loud sound when selecting any launcher option/close. This sound needs to be toned down or add an option to enable/disable in the launcher options (At the moment I have disabled by muting the launcher in the system)
  • Sunegami
    Sunegami
    ✭✭
    I just installed the beta launcher, and now it's so small I can't read anything. :'( How does scaling work? Can I roll back the launcher if it's not working properly?
    Edited by Sunegami on January 30, 2024 8:39PM
    Raava-daro [PCNA], a lithe leopard doing her best
    "Never steal from one who cannot afford to buy it back.”
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunegami wrote: »
    I just installed the beta launcher, and now it's so small I can't read anything. :'( How does scaling work? Can I roll back the launcher if it's not working properly?

Check out the Accessibility option button in the top left.
    Been there, got the Molag Bal polymorph.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »

Top right. It is the first mystery icon in the line on the top right, next to the "Beta" banner.

And, yes, you can go back to the old one. That is the settings gear icon at the top right, under "Launcher Beta".
  • Sunegami
    Sunegami
    ✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »

Top right. It is the first mystery icon in the line on the top right, next to the "Beta" banner.

And, yes, you can go back to the old one. That is the settings gear icon at the top right, under "Launcher Beta".

Thank you both, I was able to successfully downgrade (with a lot of squinting and a bit of guesswork lol)

Still, does anyone know how to resize the new launcher so I'm not suffering from 3pt text on my screen? I couldn't find any drag-to-resize points, only the usual drag-to-move points at the top of the window, so I'm assuming it's somewhere in Settings?
    Raava-daro [PCNA], a lithe leopard doing her best
    "Never steal from one who cannot afford to buy it back.”
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fully aware Steam Deck isn't really supported yet, but still mentioning it as this might affect other players, too:

Haven't tried the game in a while on my Steam Deck, but seems like the new Launcher is simply taking too long to load or whatever, you see nothing on screen for half a minute or so, then you receive an error message (apparently presented by the launcher):

gjsp47873b5d.png

Currently this is a kind of blocking issue. You can no longer start the launcher to revert back to the old version. It happens both in "console" and desktop mode.

The old launcher worked just fine.

(Edit: Just seen it's been mentioned already, well, will wait.)
    Edited by Smaxx on February 8, 2024 4:25PM
  • Twyst
    Twyst
    ✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    I'm fully aware Steam Deck isn't really supported yet, but still mentioning it as this might affect other players, too:

But they don't *have* to directly support the Steam Deck.
    To run ESO, the launcher is not required.

If they released like every other Steam game and let Steam manage the installation and patching this would be a non issue.
    ZOS did it for XBOX, Playstation and Stadia - why not Steam?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twyst wrote: »

But they don't *have* to directly support the Steam Deck.
    To run ESO, the launcher is not required.

If they released like every other Steam game and let Steam manage the installation and patching this would be a non issue.
    ZOS did it for XBOX, Playstation and Stadia - why not Steam?

It uses one launch and patch system for the whole PC platform. As a PC player, that is what I want. I don't want PC patches gated behind the needs, and potential delays, at Steam and Epic.

• Twyst
    Twyst
    ✭✭✭
    You can still use the launcher outside of steam though? Other live service games manage just fine in the steam system, just as they do Xbox etc etc.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭✭

Same for me. I play in 4k and the launcher is too small and low rez to read. I cannot even see or read the accessibilitilty options as its just a small low rez solid block of what should be text. The launcher needs someway to detect the monitor resolution before displaying.

After rolling back to the old launcher it seems the new beta deleted my sweet fx graphics ovelay files
    Edited by h9dlb on February 18, 2024 7:07PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, the D6 Beta launcher is now available for the DMM platform and Epic.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on February 19, 2024 8:11PM
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_Kevin

Update Epic launcher today!
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

...and it seems to work just fine, too! :smile:
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_Kevin

...and it seems to work just fine, too! :smile:

Nice! Glad all is going well!
    Staff Post
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a heads up for the dozen of us that run Linux, new patcher works fine on Linux Mint(Virginia), Cinnamon just fine.
  • Daruq
    Daruq
    ✭✭
    It's still tiny at 4k resolution
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    HI all! The D6 Beta Launcher is now available for all remaining countries that previously did not have access. As always, if you run into any additional issues, please make sure to let us know in this thread. Thanks!
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on March 4, 2024 9:25PM
    Staff Post
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HI all! The D6 Beta Launcher is now available for all remaining countries that previously did not have access. As always, if you run into any additional issues, please make sure to let us know in this thread. Thanks!
    What's the procedure for switching back to the currently released launcher, if we have problems with the beta? I'm just reluctant to try the beta unless I know I can revert back if there's any problems.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • PhnxZ
    PhnxZ
    ✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    What's the procedure for switching back to the currently released launcher, if we have problems with the beta? I'm just reluctant to try the beta unless I know I can revert back if there's any problems.

It's very easy, you revert by going to settings > launcher beta > downgrade
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @vsrs_au Just following up here. Echoing what @PhnxZ said (thanks for following up btw. Appreciate it.)

All instructions for updating and rolling back are noted here.
    Staff Post
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I switched to the new launcher beta version, then not long after downgraded to the currently-released launcher.

Why? I found that changing the font size on the launcher from normal to large (which was the **main** reason I wanted to try the launcher beta) also changes the scaling of **all** UI elements in the game! This messed up the scaling of the UI elements for all my 8 characters, and now I have spend some time fixing them all, to restore the game's UI to what it used to be for all characters.

ZOS, **please** allow UI scaling for the launcher to be separate from the game, **before** it gets past beta stage.
    Edited by vsrs_au on March 8, 2024 3:35AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'know.... what I REALLY miss is the ability to download the new content from a link to the server - like.... in wow....

I really REALLY dislike game "front end" crap. Just give me a download link, so I can get the content on a schedule that suits my (yes, totally gimped) internet.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Just a heads up for the dozen of us that run Linux, new patcher works fine on Linux Mint(Virginia), Cinnamon just fine.

Are you running any specific version of Wine or Proton?
  • ettavolt
    ettavolt
    ✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »

Are you running any specific version of Wine or Proton?

I'm running it under mutter 45.4 in Wayland mode with https://github.com/gloriouseggroll/wine-ge-custom v8.26 (+dxvk, of course). No winetricks or such.
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭

now that those 4 phases from the very first post are marked "complete", what's going to happen next?
  • Keldor
    Keldor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_Kevin ,

I have noticed that the controller support in the new launcher no longer works for me.

When starting the launcher, I can set the focus on the play button with my controller, but then the controller no longer seems to have any function. I have to click the play button with the mouse to start ESO.

I've also noticed some strange behavior related to the new launcher and controller support. Sometimes I can still launch ESO with the controller, but then the controller support in the game is really laggy. When you move the character, the movement stops every few milliseconds, it feels like a stuttering connection. I don't have this problem when I start ESO by clicking the play button with the mouse and switch to my controller to play ESO after starting.
    ESO-Database.com (Steam Deck Client | System Status)
    - Character and Guild Database for ESO with data collection AddOn and Windows Client for automatically data transfers. (DE/EN)
    ESO-Skillfactory.com
    - Elder Scrolls Online skill calculator with Championsystem! (DE/EN/FR)
    ESO-Database Game Data API
    - API for AddOn developers to fetch game related data like Chest positions etc.

More AddOns: ESO Farm-Buddy, ESO-Skillfactory.com Build Export, All AddOns by Keldor