Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New Patcher Rollout

• MarzhinGwyls
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but is this for a new live launcher? I'm in Canada and haven't had any upgrade to the launcher, I have an option to use beta launcher, but production launcher has not changed at all for me, still the tiny font etc of the non-beta version. Thanks.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is indeed about the "beta" launcher. It's still kind of in beta (and opt-in).
  • MarzhinGwyls
    Smaxx wrote: »
    This is indeed about the "beta" launcher. It's still kind of in beta (and opt-in).

Thanks so much Smaxx!
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have tried the new beta launcher on my pc, and it keeps repeatingly giving me the "Unable to load skin" error when starting the launcher. 9 out of 10 times this causes the launcher to not boot up at all while showing that error, and I had to remove the programdata folder to fix it. Even though that only worked 20% of the time as well. Repeatedly starting the launcher eventually causes the launcher to boot, so I could play.

Not sure why I am getting that error, as the programdata folder is located locally on my ssd drive(not onedrive). The ssd is healthy/ok when checking it. No game crashes/delays/lag or anything, even when in-game for hours. Running repair from the launcher did not fix this issue.

Had to downgrade to the original launcher. And it appears the original launcher does not produce this error.

Specs: Windows 11, i9 14900k, m2 ssd 2TB, 4080 super.
  • unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu
    ✭✭✭
    is it at all possible to change the launcher 'maintenance announcements' to be in local time?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    is it at all possible to change the launcher 'maintenance announcements' to be in local time?

The launcher maintenance announcements are manually done, so I don't think there will be an option to "set" those specifically.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Have tried the new beta launcher on my pc, and it keeps repeatingly giving me the "Unable to load skin" error when starting the launcher. 9 out of 10 times this causes the launcher to not boot up at all while showing that error, and I had to remove the programdata folder to fix it. Even though that only worked 20% of the time as well. Repeatedly starting the launcher eventually causes the launcher to boot, so I could play.

Not sure why I am getting that error, as the programdata folder is located locally on my ssd drive(not onedrive). The ssd is healthy/ok when checking it. No game crashes/delays/lag or anything, even when in-game for hours. Running repair from the launcher did not fix this issue.

Had to downgrade to the original launcher. And it appears the original launcher does not produce this error.

Specs: Windows 11, i9 14900k, m2 ssd 2TB, 4080 super.

Thanks for sharing this. We'll get your scenario over to the dev team.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

The launcher maintenance announcements are manually done, so I don't think there will be an option to "set" those specifically.

I really appreciate that you guys are responding directly to questions in the forums, and thank you so much for answering mine.

When leaders are running events in discord, we often need to find time to meet and while people figuring out the posted timezone and then making their own conversion is entirely possible (like the maintenance announcements currently) We can also use something like https://hammertime.cyou/ which allows one person to determine the day and time in their own timezone, and post it in such a way that it shows up local for whomever is reading the message.

I note that a quick search for 'local time conversion code' brings up several versions of the same question. i have no idea how the launcher is coded or what language it's written in, but surely there must be an option to display the given information in local time to the user.

i would LOVE something like this to be implemented on the launcher.
  • StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the Default launcher now the Beta Launcher?

I had an issue with the launcher - it no longer worked starting yesterday. I removed all of the files, uninstalled eso, went to the following links for resource info and proceeded to reinstall eso.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/602581/is-there-a-way-to-fix-launcher-without-a-re-install
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/37942

It looks like I am now in the Beta Launcher, I recall participating in the test a while back (and there's a purple beta banner).

Is the Default Launcher now the Beta launcher and is there a need to downgrade (should I downgrade)? Have there been recent updates (since I just downloaded is this the latest version of both launchers)?

I did not specifically select Beta anywhere that I can recall, I hit install from within my account settings.

Edited by StihlReign on May 18, 2024 1:26AM
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭✭
    i installed a new linux on a machine and stema is showng me a beta launcher for eso that crashes and acts all kinds of crazy once i get past the login screen and the story video play with the old dead emperor telling us the storm is coming... wow it hits hard too. knocks out my game every time!
  • Twyst
    Twyst
    ✭✭✭
    dPleased to report that the new launcher works on the steam deck and it's controller can click the play button just fine. However my Stadia bluetooth controller connected to it only allows one click to reach the play button, but nothing after that. In game this controller works fine and it also works fine with the new launcher on a Windows pc.

One workaround is to hold down the stadia/Xbox button and use the right stick as a mouse and the right trigger as a left mouse clock to activate the play button. This is likely a steam input thingy and may not work with other stores, but it does mean I can finally launch and play the game from my sofa, or disconnect from the TV and sit at the table or just move to my gaming pc and play there.

Life is good!
  • Twyst
    Twyst
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin one new bug today. Playing on EU the new launcher said NA was/would be down in a modal dialog which I could not access via controller.

Is that something we need in the launcher as the same functionality is in the game itself.
  • LostScot
    LostScot
    ✭✭✭
    The new patcher doesn't mention the EU server in the downtime message:
    2k6rsvgb0boq.png
    Craftaholics Guild, established 30th March 2014.

What do we want? Our anniversary goblets and Alfiqi plushies!
    When do we want them? Back in April 2024 when we expected to receive them!
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LostScot wrote: »
    2k6rsvgb0boq.png
    That's interesting. The old patcher mentions both, I just started it now to check it.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am in Texas, US and still have the old launcher (based on the date in the file system).

How do we force it to update? Or will that come later today?

Or is a date of 2/14/2024 the date of the "new" one?
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on June 3, 2024 9:53AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's not forced update. The things others are having serious issues with, I am just not interested in dealing with ever. Just leave me alone with the old one, which works PERFECTLY.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    LostScot wrote: »
    2k6rsvgb0boq.png

Thanks for noting this. We'll pass this along to the team.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I hope it's not forced update. The things others are having serious issues with, I am just not interested in dealing with ever. Just leave me alone with the old one, which works PERFECTLY.

We'll have more information soon on updating to the new patcher. Nothing to confirm right now. The team is working on the issues mentioned in the thread.
    Staff Post
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We'll have more information soon on updating to the new patcher. Nothing to confirm right now. The team is working on the issues mentioned in the thread.
    Thanks, @ZOS_Kevin . Does that include the issue I mentioned, where the launcher scaling option gets applied to the game also, thus messing up the game's various UIs?

I'm referring to this post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8062630/#Comment_8062630
    Edited by vsrs_au on June 19, 2024 3:05AM
  • Happy_Turtle
    Happy_Turtle
    Soul Shriven
    Where / how does one download the new patcher (which I think is the same as the launcher)?

I bought the ESO Collection: Gold Road Deluxe + 30 Days of ESO+ version of the game from the Elder Scrolls Online Store about a week ago.

Still no download link for the game on my account page. Will it ever appear, or will I have to keep downloading from https://elderscrolls-a.akamaihd.net/products/BNA_Launcher/Install_ESO.exe?

Also the installer didn't create start menu items for the game or the launcher or...anything. Or desktop icons. I've been figuring everything out for myself just looking at the .exes in the folder.

Just all seems very odd to me.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Happy_Turtle
    Happy_Turtle
    Soul Shriven
    Maitsukas wrote: »

Yeah, saw that, followed the thread. It recommends installing the updated version before the 26th to avoid the rush. But there's no information telling me how to download it that I can find. In the thread, or on my account page, or anywhere else.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, sorry for any confusion here. You can download the new patcher by doing the beta upgrade. You can find that process on the first page of this thread. On the 26th, there will be a minor update will convert the beta client to the final client.

@Happy_Turtle @Maitsukas @vsrs_au
    Staff Post
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, saw that, followed the thread. It recommends installing the updated version before the 26th to avoid the rush. But there's no information telling me how to download it that I can find. In the thread, or on my account page, or anywhere else.

You don't really need to download a new patcher (Launcher), but instead use a setting in your "old" Launcher where you opt in to use Beta launcher which then start to download and install this new Beta Launcher that will become default tomorrow at 26. June.

Read instruction in that link that have been provided and you should see how to do this.

For my part the most important upgrade with this is that I can now finally upscale Launcher from mikrotext to normal sized fonts. On a 3440 x 1440 resolution (34 inch display) the original version where very tiny compared to Beta when it can upscale to a more readable size.

@ZOS_Kevin

Would it be possible to add more control for size on font then only "Large" vs "Default"? At scale of 200% font seem a bit too large with default, so a smaller version of font would also be appreciated to adjust between different scaling and font size.

If it would possible for future development, could Launcher have some type of sound to tell user when a patch have been finished downloading and installed? So for those with slow download it could work in the background and when finished play a sound to indicate that you can now press "play" or just say "Download or patch are now finished, press play to start client" or something like that?
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Just downloaded and tested.

Works on my windows 7 system.

Issue I have is when I quit then try to reload it states patcher is already running even though I always close the patcher once game is loaded.

I, also, sometimes get a dll file is missing but if I click on the patcher icon on task bar it opens launcher.

Will these issues be fixed in tomorrows update?
    Edited by Tyralbin on June 25, 2024 8:00PM
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they're doing specific stuff for win 7 anymore? The new min spec OS is win 10 64 bit....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    RexyCat wrote: »

You don't really need to download a new patcher (Launcher), but instead use a setting in your "old" Launcher where you opt in to use Beta launcher which then start to download and install this new Beta Launcher that will become default tomorrow at 26. June.

Read instruction in that link that have been provided and you should see how to do this.

For my part the most important upgrade with this is that I can now finally upscale Launcher from mikrotext to normal sized fonts. On a 3440 x 1440 resolution (34 inch display) the original version where very tiny compared to Beta when it can upscale to a more readable size.

@ZOS_Kevin

Would it be possible to add more control for size on font then only "Large" vs "Default"? At scale of 200% font seem a bit too large with default, so a smaller version of font would also be appreciated to adjust between different scaling and font size.

If it would possible for future development, could Launcher have some type of sound to tell user when a patch have been finished downloading and installed? So for those with slow download it could work in the background and when finished play a sound to indicate that you can now press "play" or just say "Download or patch are now finished, press play to start client" or something like that?

We can pass this feedback along. Not sure if the team has considered that, but happy to pass on the suggestion. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Tyralbin wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

Issue I have is when I quit then try to reload it states patcher is already running even though I always close the patcher once game is loaded.

I, also, sometimes get a dll file is missing but if I click on the patcher icon on task bar it opens launcher.

There will be a number of fixes along with tomorrows update. However, if you run into issues tomorrow, please let us know and we can make sure to get them over to the team.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    I don't think they're doing specific stuff for win 7 anymore? The new min spec OS is win 10 64 bit....

You are correct. With U42, Min Spec support no longer supports Win. 7 as Microsoft no longer supports updates for that version of the OS. We did note however, that you should not see major changes immediately, but rather, this could be an issue overtime after U42. So make sure to be mindful and upgrade if you can.
    Staff Post
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tyralbin wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

There will be a number of fixes along with tomorrows update. However, if you run into issues tomorrow, please let us know and we can make sure to get them over to the team.
    @ZOS_Kevin , is that UI scaling issue I mentioned one of the fixes?