The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest Status Bug

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, wanted to share an update on this issue. We know this bug has been frustrating and we have been making progress on pinpointing what’s causing it; we’ve found it frequently manifests itself after completing the Cyrodiil quest “Kill 20 Arcanists” or the Necrom quest “Tracing Shadows”, as many of you have noted.

At this time, the fix is appearing to be quite complex and unfortunately isn’t one that we’re able to hotfix. We are currently targeting to have this fixed with Update 39 launch and will keep you posted if this changes. Thanks for your patience and understanding here.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • TemplarHealz
    TemplarHealz
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, wanted to share an update on this issue. We know this bug has been frustrating and we have been making progress on pinpointing what’s causing it; we’ve found it frequently manifests itself after completing the Cyrodiil quest “Kill 20 Arcanists” or the Necrom quest “Tracing Shadows”, as many of you have noted.

At this time, the fix is appearing to be quite complex and unfortunately isn’t one that we’re able to hotfix. We are currently targeting to have this fixed with Update 39 launch and will keep you posted if this changes. Thanks for your patience and understanding here.

OMG!! A staff member has actually responded. I'm wildly surprised and cannot believe this!!

So, all the players that have been bugged since June, will have to wait until September 22nd in order to play the game? What does ESO support plan on doing for all of the players that are unable to play? We just wait even though we paid for ESO+?

Is there any sort of "sorry" being planned from your team? This is a major bug, and it has been handled about as poorly as possible so far. I paid for ESO up-front, and now I'm being told that I'll be unable to progress my character for 4 out of 12 months. What gives?
    Options
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭

So it might be fixed in u39…

Not trying to sound rude but questing is a fundamental part of ESO. Aren’t these updates supposed to be rigorously tested to ensure that questing doesn’t break our entire pve progression? I now have to wait until at least September to start a dlc I paid for?

Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

So, all the players that have been bugged since June, will have to wait until September 22nd in order to play the game?

Update 39 launches on August 21st for PC, in about 3 weeks. Understand it's not the most ideal timeframe, but it's not September 22nd (as a side note, did you see this date somewhere? If so, let us know so we can fix it).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So, all the players that have been bugged since June, will have to wait until September 22nd in order to play the game?

Update 39 launches on August 21st for PC, in about 3 weeks. Understand it's not the most ideal timeframe, but it's not September 22nd (as a side note, did you see this date somewhere? If so, let us know so we can fix it).

We deserve Atmoran Guar Gina!

|H1:collectible:5850|h|h
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 28, 2023 5:18PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • NotoriousBTK
    NotoriousBTK
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope we get some sort of compensation for this bug taking months to get fixed. Quests I've completed are not completed, which prevents me from doing things. Quests I haven't done are completed so now I can't do them when I want to, which is usually in the summer when I have more time to play. Now the bug won't be fixed until after Labour Day for console users.
    Edited by NotoriousBTK on July 29, 2023 12:03AM
    Options
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭

Regardless of the exact date, we can argue about that all day but it’s not even confirmed to be fixed in u39. This bug was initially reported back in June and it’s taken all this time for us to receive a possible fix date.

The “kill arcanist” quest is still live, I had to scream at a guild member yesterday to delete the quest because he didn’t know it might break his game so it’s likely more and more people are being affected by this bug by the day. It baffles me that this bug isn’t being taken more seriously.

Options
  • Colue
    Colue

compensation is needed for us who have this bug that you all released and have ignored us on for a month before you even posted
    Options
  • czkevin36
    czkevin36
    So, according to the creation of the post, there are people for whom it has not worked since June 22, 2023. So the repair will take two months. Great.
    The question is: What if the error cannot be corrected?
    Options
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this gets fixed soon.
    Options
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad I stopped paying for ESO+ a long time ago. I feel sorry for those who still pay a monthly fee to a company that ignores game breaking bugs for this long before acknowledging that they might not know how to fix it.
    Options
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I stopped playing after HI, but I'm actually sad that every time I check dev tracker I see that it was a good decision
    Options
  • MinaM
    MinaM
    Soul Shriven
    Even if it's a bit vague, it's good to have a timeframe to know when the issue might be solved.

What I'm still wondering:
    Will the map and questing will be set to normal again for the affected characters, and if so: will everything be reset to some point before the bug occurred (as in: all progress since the bug occurred will be lost), or am I safe to continue on my main for event quests, achievements, sticker book, antiquities etc.?
    Options
  • WhoRU
    WhoRU
    ✭✭✭
    czkevin36 wrote: »
    So, according to the creation of the post, there are people for whom it has not worked since June 22, 2023. So the repair will take two months. Great.
    The question is: What if the error cannot be corrected?

And the answer is "thank you for your patience"
    Options
  • s8nhimself
    s8nhimself
    Soul Shriven
    fingers crossed, i hope the devs can figure it out as soon as possible

when i first posted here i attached a link to what i thought a similar case. i did some more finding and saw that the bug was fixed. maybe this can help the devs to backtrack and pinpoint the cause for what its worth

here's the complete discussion https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5900239#Comment_5900239
    Options
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    6rbes4qra75o.jpeg

Does this mean it’s definitely 100% fixed in the new PTS patch???
    Options
  • Shadeous
    Shadeous
    ✭✭
    mv6leazt7hus.png

This is the latest PTS patch, can someone with an EU copy see if this fixes the bug?
    Options
  • StrangeRain
    StrangeRain
    Soul Shriven
    Shadeous wrote: »
    mv6leazt7hus.png

This is the latest PTS patch, can someone with an EU copy see if this fixes the bug?

Yes, i checked today on PTS with EU save copy and it fixed
    It's a shame the game breaking bug exist for more than 2 months. It should be a hotfix
    Edited by StrangeRain on August 1, 2023 2:56PM
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also checked and it's fixed. I can queue for PVP TOT as well so definitely fixed. THANK YOU DEVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    Options
  • Drakho
    Drakho
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry my ignorance but if its fixed in PTS, when will it be on live servers?
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drakho wrote: »

Aug 21 for PC, Sept 5 for consoles
    Options
  • Sikon
    Sikon
    ✭✭✭
    Where did you find this "Fix" Patchnote, which PTS Patch was it?

Edit: Found it, PTS Patchnotes v9.1.3
    Edited by Sikon on August 2, 2023 7:26AM
    "Both light and shadow can be deadly, though only one chases the other.""Eyes open and walk with the shadows."
    Options
  • Drakho
    Drakho
    Soul Shriven
    Drakho wrote: »

Aug 21 for PC, Sept 5 for consoles

Thanks
    Options
  • HCOverdoze
    HCOverdoze
    Soul Shriven
    Almost 4 months by the time this “probably” gets fixed. I think we deserve a free Radiant Apex mount 😅
    Options
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HCOverdoze wrote: »
    Almost 4 months by the time this “probably” gets fixed. I think we deserve a free Radiant Apex mount 😅

I think we deserve a company that respects their players and doesn’t apply a strategy of radio silence when a game-breaking bug is reported. But ZOS seems to disagree. So I doubt any kind of compensation will be given. Honestly the best strategy for those unable to play the Necrom questline due to this bug might be to try and get a refund.
    Options
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I'm happy we're getting a fix, there's two things I'd like to point out:
    1. The first post in this thread was on June 22. Fixing it on August 21 means this bug will have been around for two months. That is just too long for a bug that entirely breaks the game for some people. How about giving everyone affected two months of eso+ to compensate?
    2. "Fixed an issue where the zone guide could show incorrect progression." - Seriously, you (talking to zos here, not Gina) are phrasing it like this to make it sound like a minor thing? The issue wasn't that the zone guide could show incorrect progression. The issue was that the game itself had no idea how far you had progressed, and that half the content became inaccessible. If zos' developers would get the same amount of resources as the pr/legal team that curates the patch notes, this might have been resolved much quicker and patch notes might become a whole lot shorter.
    So like I said, happy we're getting a fix. But don't expect a thank you from me.
    Options
  • Howda
    Howda
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU since ~June
    Game breaking
    Unsubbed and do not play as my progress is limited. Cannot play ToT and sometimes cannot take Cyro Quests and all other things connected with zone completion.

Few chain replies but no solution. Is this still a thing for you all?
    Howda
    Don't
    Blood for the PACT
    Dark Elf Dragonknight
    [EU]
    Options
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Howda wrote: »
    PC EU since ~June
    Game breaking
    Unsubbed and do not play as my progress is limited. Cannot play ToT and sometimes cannot take Cyro Quests and all other things connected with zone completion.

It looks like there's a fix in the next update.

The patch note in 9.1.3 was a simple "Fixed an issue where the Zone Guide could show incorrect progression," but some of the posters here with affected EU characters said that that fixed the whole thing for them. I can't check myself because I only have NA.

Hopefullly that means that we'll all have our progress back on the 21st (5th for console). I know I've not really been playing anywhere near as much because of how disappointing this has been.
    Options
  • Howda
    Howda
    ✭✭✭
    Howda wrote: »
    PC EU since ~June
    Game breaking

It looks like there's a fix in the next update.

The patch note in 9.1.3 was a simple "Fixed an issue where the Zone Guide could show incorrect progression," but some of the posters here with affected EU characters said that that fixed the whole thing for them. I can't check myself because I only have NA.

Hopefullly that means that we'll all have our progress back on the 21st (5th for console). I know I've not really been playing anywhere near as much because of how disappointing this has been.

I play since 2015 problem is from June, at least when I noticed. It's game breaking for me.
    Howda
    Don't
    Blood for the PACT
    Dark Elf Dragonknight
    [EU]
    Options
  • Shizzer
    Shizzer
    Soul Shriven

Few months I think is plenty enough to fix game breaking bug that afffects players that much even if it means taking server down for few hours. It's not just some small inconvenience that happens from time to time rather than thing that stops progression and If you are purely into questing and don't care about other content in the game you can basically uninstall ESO. I really hope for some recompensation for the players especially after this much time have passed since the bug was reported.
    Options